Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v2]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭vanillavanilla

The Bob/Renee/Louis story is REALLY annoying me. Renee didn't pay her rent so Louis has every right to withold the wine (which by the way has really tacky labels, just because it's "Brazilian" do they have to make the labels the colours of the flag???? :rolleyes:) I hated that line where bob went to buy some of the wine from louis and louis wouldnt sell it and bob said "oh well she was going to pay her rent, offer withdrawn" HELLOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! She has to pay her blinkin rent. Rant over!

PS am vv disappointed with the culmination of the Lucy story. It leaves a lot of her behaviour unexplained doesn't it? Plus, do the figures add up? Would she not have been waaaaaaaaaaay too young for Harry?

As for Charlie with his posh acccent, he's getting it (the accent ;)) from Esther. Also that's how he speaks IRL as I saw him on late late show. Annoying!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Lorna123

I don't know why they brought back Renee. She has no money, is not interested in Bob, Christy or Louis, so what's she there for?

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Ruben Remus

PS am vv disappointed with the culmination of the Lucy story. It leaves a lot of her behaviour unexplained doesn't it?

Culmination? I don't think we're anywhere near the culmination. The storyline is probably a decent ratings-grabber so they'll drag it out for a while yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭vanillavanilla

Culmination? I don't think we're anywhere near the culmination. The storyline is probably a decent ratings-grabber so they'll drag it out for a while yet.

I hope you are right :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Ciderswigger

When Pete walks through a garden, plants get aroused.

LOL!! :D:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Yangedd

Lucy is homophobic!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭leonidas83

Lorna123 wrote: »
    Laura is gay, so no thing for Pete !

**** SAKE, ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHGHHHHHHHHHHH, SHES NOT GAY

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

She's bi-sexual. (75/25)

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

Even Esther can see the attraction between Dermot and Meave.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Prick!

Laura is so hot! :P

• Advertisement

el diablo wrote: »
    She's bi-sexual. (75/25)

Is that 75 vag only or cock only

• Registered Users Posts: 21,017 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

She's hot

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

leonidas83 wrote: »
    Is that 75 vag only or cock only

75% vag. :)

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Lorna123

She's bi-sexual. (75/25)

Is she, how do you know?

75% vag. :)

****e, although Ive been known to produce the goods against the odds tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

She's bi-sexual. (75/25)

Was that said in an episode? Must've missed it. I've only ever heard her referred to as gay or a lesbian

• Registered Users Posts: 8,012 ✭✭✭Hitchens

...and muslims won't eat pork ...unless they're hungry! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

Hitchens wrote: »
    ...and muslims won't eat pork ...unless they're hungry! ;)

Ha! Think it's a bit different though...I wouldn't get off with a man if I was feeling 'hungry' and it was the only choice, can't see why it wouldn't be the same the other way around.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Find it strange that the side of Vinos is all graffiti for a "upmarket" bistro you'd think Yvonne would have it cleaned.Wayne seems to be the only one that use's that alley, strange observation but :rolleyes:

I seriously loved Pete last night, especially in the ending scene with Lucy. Then Laura turning up and smiling at her. Freaked Lucy out big time. I'm glad they managed to scare her. And the Pete cheering Laura with his pint. Great stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭lucretiaborgia

Yangedd wrote: »
    I seriously loved Pete last night, especially in the ending scene with Lucy. Then Laura turning up and smiling at her. Freaked Lucy out big time. I'm glad they managed to scare her. And the Pete cheering Laura with his pint. Great stuff.

Yes indeed, loved to see that too. But will Pete want to eventually get back with Deloros? I hope not.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,418 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Felt really sorry for Wayne, he believes everything that Lucy has to say. That's what love will do. I hate to think of the disappointment he is going to feel when he finds out what she is really like. She really has a nasty side, couldn't believe how she attacked Laura !

Can't understand why Dolores doesn't have it out with Lucy for telling lies to Laura, but I guess at this stage she thinks that Lucy is having a nervous breakdown and she is afraid. I sort of think now that Lucy was Harry's daughter, not his g/f. So if Lucy was Harry's daughter then that maybe why she is looking at Dolores as her mother. I don't know why she confessed that she was having an affair with Harry though, because that doesn't add up. Maybe she was adopted and thinks that Dolores is her real mother, God.................I need to get out more !!!

Surely Wayne and Dolores cant be that gullible to buy into everything Lucy says especially after the pregnancy lie yet they seem to be :rolleyes: no pity for any of the two of them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Prop Joe

#teampete

• Registered Users Posts: 11 zumo_b

padd b1975 wrote: »
    Jikashi wrote: »
    I'm surprised by how cool the patrons of McCoy's were seeing a guy weaving a big old wheelie bin, full of what they would assume waste, in and out through the tables where they were eating and drinking and having to constantly move out of the way for him.
    It was a green bin full of what they would assume was clean stuff for recycling.

There was nobody eating because that is the smoking area.

Yea!!!! Bitch

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭peewee_44

Felt really sorry for Wayne, he believes everything that Lucy has to say. That's what love will do. I hate to think of the disappointment he is going to feel when he finds out what she is really like. She really has a nasty side, couldn't believe how she attacked Laura !

Can't understand why Dolores doesn't have it out with Lucy for telling lies to Laura, but I guess at this stage she thinks that Lucy is having a nervous breakdown and she is afraid. I sort of think now that Lucy was Harry's daughter, not his g/f. So if Lucy was Harry's daughter then that maybe why she is looking at Dolores as her mother. I don't know why she confessed that she was having an affair with Harry though, because that doesn't add up. Maybe she was adopted and thinks that Dolores is her real mother, God.................I need to get out more !!!

I don't feel sorry for Wayne at all, he is a creep and tbh after this long of them being blind to Lucy I am going to enjoy watching them suffer

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

max life wrote: »
    Hopefully they will kill off Dolores & Wayne now for being so stupid....not a brain cell between them. This Lucy storyline is the most unrealistic storyline in a long time

It actually isn't, it shows how easy a lot of right minded people can be influenced and turned against their family/friends. Has happened all down through the years to a lot of Irish families and still goes on. Only in reality the psycho never gets what's coming to her like lucy is gonna get!
    Anyone else notice Charlie's voice has changed..? It's become deeper and his accent seems to have altered slightly.

I thought he just had a serious cold or something? He sounds unwell!
    Yangedd wrote: »

That bit was awesome :D
    peewee_44 wrote: »
    I don't feel sorry for Wayne at all, he is a creep and tbh after this long of them being blind to Lucy I am going to enjoy watching them suffer

Ha! I felt the same at the start but he DOES know something is wrong with her mentally he said it repeatedly. He thinks she is going through a breakdown and being in love with her wants to actually help her through it. For someone as spoilt as Wayne used to be that's a massive improvement in character. Do feel sorry for Wayne but Dolores should have known better. Plus don't get how Dolores was asking Wayne if he trusted Lucy yet didn't believe Laura when she told her about what Lucy said in the Pig. Spanner.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

ToniTuddle wrote: »
    It actually isn't, it shows how easy a lot of right minded people can be influenced and turned against their family/friends. Has happened all down through the years to a lot of Irish families and still goes on. Only in reality the psycho never gets what's coming to her like lucy is gonna get!
    Surely if it was that "realistic", Pete & Laura would have realised that she is always nasty when she is alone with them? Therefore, they would know that this is the only time to get her to show her true self: record her on their phone, secretly video taping her...these would be the first thing to come to mind if it was so "realistic". I stopped watching FC for the last few weeks because of this STUPID storyline and i am definitely not the ONLY one!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

max life wrote: »
    Surely if it was that "realistic", Pete & Laura would have realised that she is always nasty when she is alone with them? Therefore, they would know that this is the only time to get her to show her true self: record her on their phone, secretly video taping her...these would be the first thing to come to mind if it was so "realistic". I stopped watching FC for the last few weeks because of this STUPID storyline and i am definitely not the ONLY one!

A lot of that stuff doesn't stand up in court and they aren't gonna go running around making everyone they know listen to it as she never admits to anything in private. She may be bit nasty but that would look like someone having a fight and you would look like a crazy person stirring trouble showing everyone yer recording of a mini fight/few nasty comments :p

I've stopped watching eastenders because of the Kat secret lover blah blah storyline so I understand yer general annoyance at certain storylines :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭sffc

Hitchens wrote: »
    A fella down t'pub were sayin' that they only get paid if they have a speaking part, otherwise they're just extras.
    Stephen must be getting a few quid so, he has at least one word per appearance.

"gin and tonic stephen"
    "OK"

"put the wine in the celler Stephen"
    "yes"

I'd say stephen's a right dog, the girls will be out on a hen night or something and it will come to light that they've all been walked home by him at some point.
    I seem to remember that EQUITY ( actors union) rules mean that if you have anything more than two words you are an actor - less than three a mere extra. Could be wrong but hence " yea sure" is one thing but "yea sure thanks" is another! !!!

• Advertisement

I'm looking forward to next weeks episodes. They are ones not to be missed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement