Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v2]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭have2flushtwice

RGDATA! wrote: »
    the main thing is wayne will fall for it, even when
    laura and pete show him the picture of harry and dolores in the same pose on the RTE website

OH MY GOD!! what if the fair city cast reads this thread!!!!!!!!!!

it could change carrikstown as we know it!

louis would have known that bob was going to rob the wine back, and Wayne, well he will spot the picture of harry and lucy!
    aaaaarrrrrrrrghhhhhhhhh!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Lorna123

stevieob wrote: »
    Love is blind

Wayne is just thick

The fact that he gets on your nerves proves that he is a good actor.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Yangedd

Good Photoshopping tho :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Lorna123

RGDATA! wrote: »
    the main thing is wayne will fall for it, even when
    laura and pete show him the picture of harry and dolores in the same pose on the RTE website

You can't judge him on something that hasn't happened yet :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭sue z

fionas046 wrote: »
    That Photo was deffo a photoshop, Does the attached look familiar?
    http://www.rte.ie/tv/faircity/behindthescenes/1515921.html

Oh my God, do they even try?

• Advertisement

padd b1975 wrote: »
    Whats with the obsession with how the photo was made??

Its a prop.

The actor who played Harry Molloy left the show years ago (after a behind the scenes row with the show producers), therefore bringing him back just to pose in a photo was not really practical.

Some people will whinge about anything.

Do you have any info as to what the fight was about??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭fifi234ie

I heard somewhere the actor who played Harry is writing the scripts now.

Lorna123 wrote: »
    Does nobody realize that Wayne is in love and wants to believe everything that Lucy says, whether he has his doubts or not. Love this storyline.

Ah Shut up Lucy! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

fifi234ie wrote: »

Link/s or didnt happen! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭fionas046

sue z wrote: »
    Do you have any info as to what the fight was about??

The trouble with Harry Molloy

By Padraic Mc Kiernan
    Sunday Mar 6 2005

THIS is almost too horrible for words. Paul Raynor, the actor who plays Harry Molloy, walked out on Fair City telling RTE to shove it in the most unambiguous of terms? As if that wasn't bad enough, he went public about his experience on the soap, describing it as being like a "concentration camp" where "extras had to go to the toilet behind sets".
    I mean I know Carrigstown is supposed to be an honest portrayal of life on Dublin's northside. But urine running down the streets? Surely a bridge too far in the striving for authenticity stakes?
    And you have to think RTE wished he hadn't gone there about their threats to take away the actor's ?4.50 lunch vouchers. Talk about bringing a whole new meaning to that Hollywood adage that warns about never eating lunch in this town again.
    Not that we don't think Harry could have made a terrible mistake. His walkout was prompted by his current storyline which has seen him facing a murder charge.
    Raynor understandably saw himself as being shafted by this storyline, as, let's face it, in soapland, a murder conviction with the resulting life sentence is right up there with terminal illnesses, drugs overdoses and plane crashes in terms of what constitutes a guaranteed P45 for the actor playing the role.
    But we can't help thinking Harry is forgetting one important fact - this is Ireland not America. Life doesn't mean life in this jurisdiction. Think about it. If Harry gets the right lawyers and you throw in time off for good behaviour, he could be back out sinking pints in McCoys in a matter of months.
    Hell, why does he even have to go to prison at all? Sure he only battered the bejayzus out of Ross and left him for dead.
    Not that the whole fiasco doesn't give Raynor a catchy title for any future autobiography he might want to write about his experiences on Fair City? The Trouble with Harry, anyone?
    - Padraic Mc Kiernan

Read more: http://www.independent.ie/lifestyle/independent-woman/celebrity-news-gossip/the-trouble-with-harry-molloy-465243.html#ixzz29UMNpqJL

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35 goldenred

Who took the photo of Harry Molloy and Lucy? Why take the photo of Lucy upset in the photo? Weird.

I thought the actor left because he felt that Harry's trial for killing Ross was just to boost ratings and then Harry would not be in the show anymore so Harry (Paul Raynor) decided to leave the show and there was no gripping trial and the scriptwriters wrote him out via the suicide story. This is what I read at the time but I am open to correction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭Rafa1977

fifi234ie wrote: »

I guess that would explain this ridiculous story.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,006 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Stephen spoke ..."Louis, it's Ingrid"

best supporting actor in the bag :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

Hitchens wrote: »
    Stephen spoke ..."Louis, it's Ingrid"

best supporting actor in the bag :D
    They'll have to pay him now, he said three words, (technically four)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Haven't seen Leo for a while!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,006 ✭✭✭Hitchens

vektarman wrote: »
    They'll have to pay him now, he said three words, (technically four)

He stole that scene completely, the camera just loves him! :D

I'm going to quote Dustin the turkey
    To Pete .
    Go on you good thing!

Sorry, had to say it!!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

This makes no sense at all :confused:

"Send" her to Connolly...yeah cos she can't come back from there if she chooses

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

Oh jaysus - wouldn't ya be fit to tear your hair out watching it?!!!!?!?!?
    :mad::mad::mad::D

• Advertisement

Lucy is such a witch. She is just pure poison. Like an evil boomerang

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

twirlagig wrote: »
    Oh jaysus - wouldn't ya be fit to tear your hair out watching it?!!!!?!?!?
    :mad::mad::mad::D

It's like banging your head off a brick wall!

You'd have to feel a bit sorry for Pete though. Every time he thinks he has caught Lucyfer out, the stupid bitch makes him look like the crazy one.

When does the witch get her comeuppance? Oh please let it be soon. hate her so much.

What exactly does Wayne see in her?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

goldenred wrote: »
    When does the witch get her comeuppance? Oh please let it be soon. hate her so much.
    Thursday I believe!

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭Colm R

youwould wrote: »

It's like banging your head off a brick wall!

You'd have to feel a bit sorry for Pete though. Every time he thinks he has caught Lucyfer out, the stupid bitch makes him look like the crazy one.

Can someone please explain what happened between Lucy and Pete after the ad break. I was too slow switching back from the match and I am getting dagger eyes at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

Thursday I believe!

Will that REALLY be the end of it though?? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

twirlagig wrote: »
    Will that REALLY be the end of it though?? :confused:

Fingers crossed! I'm hoping that she bows out and leaves the aftermath to Wayne and Delores!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

padd b1975 wrote: »
    Whats with the obsession with how the photo was made??

Its a prop.

The actor who played Harry Molloy left the show years ago (after a behind the scenes row with the show producers), therefore bringing him back just to pose in a photo was not really practical.

Some people will whinge about anything.

They should have brought him back.

Good to know he's still alive. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Thank you HASHtag_heel. can't wait to see the unmasking of Lucy.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement