Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v2]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 goldenred

Ingrid versus carol should be interesting!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Alice1

Colm R wrote: »
    Can someone please explain what happened between Lucy and Pete after the ad break. I was too slow switching back from the match and I am getting dagger eyes at the moment.
    Pete told Lucy to pack her bags and get out of Carrickstown. She was not to contact Dolores or Wayne ever again. The doorbell rang and he said "that's your taxi". It was Leo and Pete told Leo to take Lucy to Connolly (train station) as she was in a rush to catch a train. She said that her Mam was ill.
    When she got into the taxi, she asked Leo if he could keep a secret and he said he could. Lucy said she was planning a surprise for Dolores and didn't want Pete to spoil it. She asked Leo to drive her round the block and then drop her off.

It is wiser not to touch the remote during the ad break in Fair City - ever - ever ever

• Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭walshb

goldenred wrote: »
    Who took the photo of Harry Molloy and Lucy? Why take the photo of Lucy upset in the photo? Weird.

I mentoned this earlier. It's pointless. Who poses for a sad and dejected photo?

It is good to see the truth coming out but it is a weak, frustrating story to follow even by soap standards.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,006 ✭✭✭Hitchens

walshb wrote: »
    I mentoned this earlier. It's pointless. Who poses for a sad and dejected photo?

bush_crying_medal_of_honor.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

amdublin wrote: »
    Haven't seen Leo for a while!
    And then he appears like magic...:D
    If only he could those hands in his pockets for a few more seconds.
    BTW.. Does Ingrid live in that bar? She's never out of the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭dixiedan

Who took the photo of Harry Molloy and Lucy? Why take the photo of Lucy upset in the photo? Weird.

I asked more or less the same question earlier. Weird isn't the word.

Pete is beginning to look like a bit of a dumbass now :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

Pete should make copies of the photo and leave them all over the town.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,742 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

nlgbbbblth wrote: »
    They should have brought him back.

Good to know he's still alive. :rolleyes:
    Poor old H was a true legend.
    I remember a scene where himself and Shelly were in bed after doing the deed, Harry did not have a rib out of place on his teddy boy head.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Gotya

So lucy made the photo (photoshop) of her and Harry?????????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

I haven't seen fair city in nearly a week so lost as to whats been happening, so was the photo discovered recently then? How did pete and laura get their hands on it and what was the actual truth? Anyone give me a quick recap?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

Prick! wrote: »
    I think Harrys love interests will have to be updated it seems ;)http://www.rte.ie/tv/faircity2008/harry.html

Harry is some boy.

That list needs plenty of updates, Laura and Yvonne are listed as past characters and they need to replace this picture with the new skinny Dermish
    http://img.rasset.ie/00031a2d-279.jpg

I'm sensing an IFTA for good old Stephen. No less than three clearly spoken lines, not in response to a drinks order, and he had the screen to himself for a few seconds , and he didn't even ham it up. Moving on up!

I noticed that today when Lucy was so panicked after losing something important out of her bag and when she went to damien and wayne's house she left her bag on the coffee table again when they went to the park.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Gotya

padd b1975 wrote: »
    Poor old H was a true legend.
    I remember a scene where himself and Shelly were in bed after doing the deed, Harry did not have a rib out of place on his teddy boy head.:cool:

Wow, wait..... No i read that wrong, of course you couldn't see Harrys ribs..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

Emily finds out there is no baby,Eddie gets bullied into working for the gangster in jail,Lucy accuses Emily of sexually abusing her in care,Dolores burns all Harry's photos,Laura goes mad when Lucy and Wayne show up and Lucy wants to move into Damien's house again.

Very strange behaviour from Wayne he must be as nuts as Loopy Lucy:pac:They should fill her pockets with stones and see if she floats in water she may be a actual witch.

Also Harry is not dead as I saw him in Walkinstown recently near the Long Mile Inn having a Guinness :confused:

my father in law worked with him in the car trade believe it or not, not far from walkinstown

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭AhInFairness

Digital Spy Spoilers for next week.

Sunday
    Wayne and Dolores struggle to pick up the pieces of their lives following the dramas with Lucy. They seem to agree that half of what Lucy said - such as bearing Harry a child - could not have been true. Later, Wayne visits Lucy at a guesthouse near Carrigstown. He gives Lucy her stuff and claims that he never wants to see her again. However, Lucy produces a dog-eared photograph that she claims is her daughter fathered by Harry. Lucy cries and manipulates Wayne, citing how she tried to resist him by turning him down so many times. Wayne softens.

At the same time, Dolores tells Pete that she will never be able to forget his association with the picture that has robbed her of peace and happiness. Soon afterwards, Laura is gobsmacked when Wayne shows up at Halpins with Lucy and all of her belongings in tow, acting as if she is back for good. Laura fills Damien in on the incriminating photograph and begs him to make Wayne see sense. Dolores is scandalised when Wayne shows up at her house and tells her that he's determined to find Lucy's daughter and bring her home where she belongs…

Meanwhile, Louie's guilt causes him to overcompensate with Carol, booking her in to a lavish hotel for her hen party. Carol feels happy and secure these days in spite of Ingrid's flirting with Louie in front of her. At the same time, Ingrid identifies times when Bob will be away from the apartment they share. Louie shows up on the pretext of rebuking Ingrid, but soon they are clinched in a steamy embrace.

Elsewhere, Esther commends Eddie on his speech to the Carrigstown Traders, which she found 'inspiring'. Later, Eddie continues his celebration with Leo while a sinister customer, Collie, observes unseen. Collie is a criminal associate from Eddie's past.

Tuesday
    Dolores studiously ignores Wayne, hoping he'll see sense rapidly and get rid of toxic Lucy. Laura doesn't shy from delivering hard home truths to Wayne as she quizzes Lucy viciously about her putative daughter. Damien begs Dolores to help Wayne escape from this nightmare. Dolores and Wayne meet, but she fails to convince him that Lucy isn't telling the truth.

Later, Laura and Dolores meet for coffee to discuss the situation. Laura has an idea that they contact Emily to ask her if Lucy ever had a child. At the same time, Lucy agrees with Wayne that they must track down her long-lost daughter, who would be his half-sister. Soon afterwards, Dolores cries on Pete's shoulder and she begs him for help in ridding Lucy from their lives.

Meanwhile, when Eddie agrees to a business meeting at short notice and the prospective client says he will send a cab to collect him, Eddie has no idea he's being ensnared by Collie. When Eddie sees Collie in the car, he tries to get away, but Collie warns Eddie that he'll fall seriously foul of Flynn if he doesn't attend the meeting at the prison where Flynn is still housed.

In the end, Eddie goes with Collie, feeling insecure. Flynn tells Eddie that he wants his share of the Chariot business - by which he means that he wants Chariot to transport his black market goods. Flynn sends his regards to Decco, but refers to him as a waste of space.

Elsewhere, Neasa seeks suggestions for entertainment which will attract a 'cool crowd' at The Station, while Dermot is chuffed when Maeve invites him on a date - or what he hopes is a date!

Wednesday
    Laura and Dolores prepare to meet Emily, each of them nervous for different reasons. Dolores makes sure that Wayne knows nothing of this plan. Soon afterwards, Wayne agrees to celebrate when the sale of his new shares in the garage goes through. However, Laura and Damien are appalled that Lucy insists on joining.

Later, Emily refuses to get involved when Laura and Dolores bring their case about Lucy to her. Laura is upset that Emily won't help. Emily softens and says that she may be able to do something, but only off the record.

As the day continues, Wayne's lunch is tense and even more so when Damien lets slip that he saw Laura and Emily together. Laura comes clean and Wayne walks out. Wayne then warns Dolores to stay out of his and Lucy's business. Pete tries to calm things, but notes that Lucy's expression is smug.

Meanwhile, Eddie is disturbed when Collie texts Eddie an image of Val working in Phelan's. Eddie rushes over to Phelan's, where he finds Collie telling Val that he met her son back 'in the slammer'. Eddie covers by saying that he was giving a talk to young offenders. Collie plays along, but a sinister undertone is all too apparent.

Eddie is further rattled when he hears that Collie paid another visit to Val and talked to her about security when she mentions that Eddie is looking for her own place. Eddie realises how very powerless he is and submits to Collie and Flynn's criminal plans.

Elsewhere, Decco quizzes Dermot on his date and insists on giving him some advice. Dermot turns up for his 'date' at Vino's carrying a gift of a potted plant. Much to his dismay, Dermot soon twigs that Maeve never had a date in mind but just wanted to pick his brain for financial advice. Dermot is gutted.

Thursday
    Lucy panics when she realises that Dolores is seeking information from Emily. Dolores and Laura are affirmed to find that Emily can find no record of a child called Deirdre Mallon taken into care. Emily reluctantly agrees to keep her eyes peeled for any further information that could help. Soon afterwards, Lucy renews her threat of blackmail to Emily. Having seen Emily with Kelly earlier, Lucy feigns concern and tells Wayne her allegation that Emily used her position as social worker to sexually abuse her. Wayne resolves to pursue justice for Lucy.

Later, Wayne calls into Dolores and is incandescent to find her in company with Emily, whom he accuses of sex abuse. Emily is stoic and refuses to comment without a solicitor. Dolores says that she has had enough of Lucy's lies and storms out to track Lucy down. When Lucy won't back down, Dolores tells Wayne that she will disown him permanently if he helps Lucy to destroy Emily's career. Wayne leaves with Lucy, adamant that he will report Emily to the Gardai.

Meanwhile, Decco is suspicious when Eddie suddenly starts delivering parcels personally and sleeps on the office couch. Val compounds Decco's suspicions when she mentions that Eddie rose at 3am. Decco confronts Eddie who turns the situation around, saying that he had to go to Cork to fix a mistake that Decco made when taking an order. Decco is chastened but confused.

Later, Eddie hires Pete to beef up the security at his mother's house, but frets when Pete says that he can't get to it before the weekend. Eddie then fumes when Collie muscles him into another delivery.

Elsewhere, Orla quizzes Maeve and is delighted to find out that she is interested in Dermot romantically but is waiting for him to make a move.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭sffc

doovdela wrote: »
    I haven't seen fair city in nearly a week so lost as to whats been happening, so was the photo discovered recently then? How did pete and laura get their hands on it and what was the actual truth? Anyone give me a quick recap?
    R
    T
    E
    P
    L
    A
    Y
    E
    R

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Laura - levels of hotness?

Collie - sounds cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

Why does everyone think Lucy photoshopped the photo? Like someone said earlier its just a prop and the original photo of him and Dolores doesnt look like it was posed for a camera, shes crying FFS!

Didn't Lucy have a bit of thing for the Molloy family photos when she presented Dolores with a gift, A framed photo of Dolores's nearest and dearest. It was when Laura first noticed that Lucy had a screw loose.
    I wouldn't put anything past Lucy tbh. Creepy that she returned tonight after Pete thought he had managed to "shrug off a bug", to coin a phrase he used himself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Why doesn't Pete just record a conversation with her? it'd be a lot easier than what he's at now.

• Advertisement

It could be viewed as illegal to tape someone without their consent. A witness is badly needed when Lucy decides to show her true self.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭IsMiseLisa

I seriously don't understand why Wayne still believes the lies Lucy tells. Like, okay, he's in love with her, but love doesn't make your brain drip out your ears.

There's stupid and then there's Wayne.

Got it in one there ismiselisa.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Lavisa

Wayne must be desperate to believe everything she says!

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Long Room Hubba

I thought the actor left because he felt that Harry's trial for killing Ross was just to boost ratings and then Harry would not be in the show anymore so Harry (Paul Raynor) decided to leave the show and there was no gripping trial and the scriptwriters wrote him out via the suicide story. This is what I read at the time but I am open to correction.

That article makes a good point. Even if he was convicted, that was 2005. He'd certainly be out by now. It would have been a great comeback. Harry with all his new prison tricks, trying to wipe out Paul Brennan and get the garage back.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Long Room Hubba

Lavisa wrote: »
    Wayne must be desperate to believe everything she says!

She's the only woman who's looked twice at him since he came back from America. I'd say desperate is the word.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Lorna123

IsMiseLisa wrote: »
    I seriously don't understand why Wayne still believes the lies Lucy tells. Like, okay, he's in love with her, but love doesn't make your brain drip out your ears.

There's stupid and then there's Wayne.

I think that Wayne has his doubts but he doesn't want to rock the boat because he knows that if he confronts Lucy it will be over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Lorna123

This story is very long drawn out for my liking. I am sick of Lucy getting away with everything, and just when we think it is coming to an end........there is more !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,926 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Lorna123 wrote: »
    The fact that he gets on your nerves proves that he is a good actor.

Never said he gets on my nerves at all.

Wayne is not an actor, he is a character. A goofy stupic character at that.

As for the acting, well I gotta hand it to the chap (Victor I think) because of late he has put in some good performances. But over the years, he has been a shocking actor on FC.

• Advertisement

Well, Wayne had the wife with the awful wig. He learnt that he hadn't a hope with Laura who is gay, what other woman has taken any interest in him. He is nearly middle aged at this stage. He isn't too fussy.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement