Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v2]

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

areyawell wrote: »
    Louis doing the right thing

Never seen a human engaged to a donkey before.

Ingrid everytime over Carol. But Carol everytime if Ingrid's not around...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

It would have been gas if Lucy's baby had a moustache and a wooly hat in that photo:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Was Pete one of that batch of new saints announced by Pope Benedict today?
    'Cos he f**king deserves it after the crap he's gotten from Dopey Dolores!

Dolores: "I owe you a big apology, Pete."
    Pete: "I don't need any apology."

Dolores: "You'll always be the person that showed me that photo.

Oh FFS............ :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

It would have been gas if Lucy's baby had a moustache and a wooly hat in that photo:D

Pat Mustard? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

This Lucy story line get's more sick in each episode, urgh! Really, really dislike her character/this story line!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭AhInFairness

Someone please give Wayne a slap. So bloody stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

Ah Wayne ye big bleedin eeijit

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭JessePinkman

i thought Wayne's acting tonite was brill & delighted Louie is showing up to be the creep he is

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Graciefacey

Wayne is such a guhgaw! The panic on lucy's face when he said he was going to find the baby. She'll steal a baby chimp from dublin zoo and claim it as her longlost child harriet, and wayne will fall for it no doubt

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Long Room Hubba

Wayne is such a guhgaw! The panic on lucy's face when he said he was going to find the baby. She'll steal a baby chimp from dublin zoo and claim it as her longlost child harriet, and wayne will fall for it no doubt

"Ma, look at the face of him. He's just like Da. Da loved bananas too. And flinging his faeces."

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭maurasmith50

Someone please give Wayne a slap. So bloody stupid.

Wayne is a muppet

225366.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Whats with ya man in the bar?

Can some one please explain the family situation if Wayne and Lucy brought up the baby?

I can't work it out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭julyjane

Your man in the bar is watching Eddie - more about that next week.

As for Wayne/Lucy bringing up the baby - the situation would be f**ked up but at least with Wayne's infertility there wouldn't be any half siblings half-nieces/nephews added into the mix. Not that the baby exists anyway

• Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

julyjane wrote: »
    Your man in the bar is watching Eddie - more about that next week.

He's one of the lads who tried to kill Decco inside...:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Gibbonw2

what's with the critique of how a 70 odd year old married fair city actress is dressing on a cr@p sturday night chat show to promote a storyline that is as predictable as rain in the summer!

maybe that's her style, bit hippy like, even arty, i agree but maybe thats her style!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Gibbonw2

if you could pick one male, one female character that Lucy will kill off in her psychotic rage next week, who will they be.............

RTE, i hope you are listening................!!

tough choice, so many candidates, but Bella is the obvious male, with Louis a close enough second.
    Female-wise i would like to know the long term plans of Renee/Ingrid (where do they get these names btw!!!) but if they were only back for a while, i wouldnt use my wild card on them.
    Jo Fahy is an obvious candidate, i feel she will be back fulltime soon. There is also the Scowl, herself, judiths black haired daughter although in fairness RTE havent stuck her in front of a camera for a while so maybe they are planning one of there notorious character transformations.

If Suzanne has plans on returning, i may be willing to throw her into the mix also.

Right, ill go with Bella and Jo, perhaps the reprecussions will cause Suzanne to stay in Australia

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Bella has to go

• Registered Users Posts: 8,012 ✭✭✭Hitchens

So Esther advises Orla to get her gaff alarmed and then mentions something about beefing up the neighbourhood watch scheme ...when I heard that my heart sank because I could foresee a mind numbing storyline involving the dreaded Charlie Kelly! Please no!!!!!! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭vumpireofkid

I went to see The Picture of Dorian Gray in the Abbey Theatre on Saturday night. You would not believe my surprise when who should I see on the stage only Neil and Dean AND Malachay!!! :D

Certainly explains why Neil left the show that time. I hope he comes back soon though. Also, according to his profile in the program, he also wrote and directed Sarah & Steve as well as starring in it! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,984 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Gibbonw2 wrote: »
    if you could pick one male, one female character that Lucy will kill off in her psychotic rage next week, who will they be.............

The male has to be the little kid outta the McDonalds Ad. Tough call between him and "the Yank" but have to go with him cause he is wrecking our heads longer.

The female again brings in "the other yank" but you are right to throw the bishop girl in there. If Jo was still around I would knock her off too, but probably best to just leave it at the Bishop kid for now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

if you could pick one male, one female character that Lucy will kill off in her psychotic rage next week, who will they be...........
    Good Question....
    For females, there would be only be a couple of candidates. Firstly, Dolores because she so stupid, believing everything that came out of Lucy's mouth. But, my most hated character ever in fair city is Carol. Poor actress and an awful character. The way she talks to customers in McCoys is disgraceful. She would never survive in a real pub because she would put customers off going into the pub. She has a bad attitude problem. She would be my female character to kill off.
    For males, it would probably be Louis. I mean if he has to think, about choosing between Carol and Ingrid.....his eyes need testing. He has to get rid of that same suit he wears every day aswell. It must be manky by now.
    There are no other characters i would like to see killed off (except Jo if she came back)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,009 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

dave1982 wrote: »
    Bella has to go
    ah leave him alone....it's obvious what's going on

• Registered Users Posts: 10,750 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

dave1982 wrote: »

Can some one please explain the family situation if Wayne and Lucy brought up the baby?

I can't work it out
    Wayne is in love with a woman who potentially could have been his step mother.

If he suceeds in finding the baby that his fiancé claims to have had with his father, he will end up as step father to his half sister.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,012 ✭✭✭Hitchens

padd b1975 wrote: »
    Wayne is in love with a woman who potentially could have been his step mother.

If he suceeds in finding the baby that his fiancé claims to have had with his father, he will end up as step father to his half sister.

I'm My Own Grandpa

Now many many years ago when I was twenty-three
    I was married to a widow who was pretty as can be
    This widow had a grown-up daughter who had hair of red
    My father fell in love with her and soon they too were wed

This made my dad my son-in-law and changed my very life
    My daughter was my mother 'cause she was my father's wife
    To complicate the matter even though it brought me joy
    I soon became the father of a bouncing baby boy

My little baby then became a brother-in-law to Dad
    And so became my uncle, though it made me very sad
    For if he was my uncle, then that also made him br'ther
    Of the widow's grown-up daughter who was also my stepmother

Father's wife then had a son who kept them on the run
    And he became my grandchild, for he was my daughter's son
    My wife is now my mother's mother and it makes me blue
    Because altho' she is my wife, she's my grandmother too

Now if my wife is my grandmother, then I'm her grandchild
    And every time I think of it, it nearly drives me wild
    For now I have become the strangest case I ever saw
    As husband of my grandmother, I am my own grandpa

Oh I'm my own grandpa
    I'm my own granpa
    It sounds funny I know,
    But it really is so
    Oh I'm my own grandpa

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

Hitchens wrote: »
    I'm My Own Grandpa

Now many many years ago when I was twenty-three
    I was married to a widow who was pretty as can be
    This widow had a grown-up daughter who had hair of red
    My father fell in love with her and soon they too were wed

This made my dad my son-in-law and changed my very life
    My daughter was my mother 'cause she was my father's wife
    To complicate the matter even though it brought me joy
    I soon became the father of a bouncing baby boy

My little baby then became a brother-in-law to Dad
    And so became my uncle, though it made me very sad
    For if he was my uncle, then that also made him br'ther
    Of the widow's grown-up daughter who was also my stepmother

Father's wife then had a son who kept them on the run
    And he became my grandchild, for he was my daughter's son
    My wife is now my mother's mother and it makes me blue
    Because altho' she is my wife, she's my grandmother too

Now if my wife is my grandmother, then I'm her grandchild
    And every time I think of it, it nearly drives me wild
    For now I have become the strangest case I ever saw
    As husband of my grandmother, I am my own grandpa

Oh I'm my own grandpa
    I'm my own granpa
    It sounds funny I know,
    But it really is so
    Oh I'm my own grandpa

:D

:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Lorna123

what's with the critique of how a 70 odd year old married fair city actress is dressing on a cr@p sturday night chat show to promote a storyline that is as predictable as rain in the summer!

maybe that's her style, bit hippy like, even arty, i agree but maybe thats her style!

Ah now come on...........Dolores 70 odd.........I don't think so, 50 odd maybe.

Dolores just picked the wrong outfit, she can look very well on FC, and which one of us could stand up to being filmed alonside Lucy.........?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,603 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Dolores looks late 50s to me.

I saw Martina Stanley out a few times in the city and she always was dressed a bit "out there."

Maybe Halloween is all year around in her world!

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭rogercar

I havn't posted on here in yonks. But I have to say I for one have thoroughly enjoyed the "Lucy" storyline. It is in my opinion the best that Fair City have done in years. The acting from Lorna Quinn all along has been superb. She is a wonderful actress & beautiful as well - a very talented woman. I hope that, the powers that be have the good sence NOT to kill off Lucy. She is the best actress ever in Fair City. Apart from that FC is just limping along.There are no other outstanding male or female actors. Time they got shut of all the awful actors/s who just can't act. I think we all know who they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,143 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I just want to say that Vivienne Connolly is one serious hot woman. That is all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,603 ✭✭✭✭walshb

rogercar wrote: »
    I havn't posted on here in yonks. But I have to say I for one have thoroughly enjoyed the "Lucy" storyline. It is in my opinion the best that Fair City have done in years. The acting from Lorna Quinn all along has been superb. She is a wonderful actress & beautiful as well - a very talented woman. I hope that, the powers that be have the good sence NOT to kill off Lucy. She is the best actress ever in Fair City. Apart from that FC is just limping along.There are no other outstanding male or female actors. Time they got shut of all the awful actors/s who just can't act. I think we all know who they are.

Well, now that the cats's out of the bag, there is little else for Lucy in the show. How can she just blend in and be a regular character. They don't have to kill her off, but I can't see how she'd figure in the show again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement