Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v2]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

He was also in Glenroe as Francie Donnelly - a self-styled "king of the travellers".

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Would Kelly not have been 40 mins early rather than 40 mins late, with the clocks going back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭IsMiseLisa

Jesus...the scenes between Dermot and Maeve are so cringey.

And who doesn't love Pixar films? :O

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

"You think I haven't been paying attention these last few months?"

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭IsMiseLisa

The more I see of Maeve, the more I want her to leave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭Amy33

Dermot is still wearing his wedding ring.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,005 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Mv: sci fi not my thing let's do something else.
    Der: drink in McCoys?
    Mv: aliens it is so!

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭morebabies

I'm guessing Dermot's wife Jo will reappear at an inconvenient time, maybe if her father's health is worse or he dies, she'll need his support, Maeve will feel pushed away... who will Dermot choose?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

Kiwi_knock wrote: »
    Would Kelly not have been 40 mins early rather than 40 mins late, with the clocks going back.

Watching it on +1 and came on to post the very same thing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Did any one else notice the speech and picture were out of sync?
    Nearly drove me cracked, as long as new tv is not broken I ll get over it. Felt like watching porteguse fair city

Loopy Lucy dress was lovely, I wonder will storyline fully explain why Lucy is so damaged

Dermis and teacher so cringy

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭morebabies

Lisha wrote: »
    Did any one else notice the speech and picture were out of sync?
    Nearly drove me cracked, as long as new tv is not broken I ll get over it. Felt like watching porteguse fair city

Loopy Lucy dress was lovely, I wonder will storyline fully explain why Lucy is so damaged

Dermis and teacher so cringy

Yeah and the kiss was so un-romantic, no chemistry between the pair whatsoever - did she say something like she was glad to get that bit out of the way?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

morebabies wrote: »

Yeah and the kiss was so un-romantic, no chemistry between the pair whatsoever - did she say something like she was glad to get that bit out of the way?

To be fair I think she said it as in now we be the kiss done there is nothing else to be nervous of.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

So Wayne wants to marry the woman who could have been his step mother and his step daughter will be his half sister. If he doesn't watch himself he will be singing I'm my own grandpa.

IsMiseLisa wrote: »
    The more I see of Maeve, the more I want her to leave.

I don't get why Dermot is attracted to her. She's annoying and has a perpetual dirty face.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,012 ✭✭✭Hitchens

nlgbbbblth wrote: »
    I don't get why Dermot is attracted to her. She's annoying and has a perpetual dirty face.

She's a lovely young woman, imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

There really seems to be no chemistry between Dermot and Maeve, the scenes between them are pretty awkward. Dermot seems more suited to Orla, at least they have a laugh together. I presume that as soon as they become a happy couple, Jo will make her return.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Mv: sci fi not my thing let's do something else.
    Der: drink in McCoys?
    Mv: aliens it is so!
    Horror films are more her style, every time she looks in the mirror she sees Frankenstein looking back :eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Dermot is gonna end up with Orla

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

I want to see Orla and Dermot get together. Orla has constantly been down about being in her thirties and being alone, without wanting to resort to picking up randomers in bars and such. She gets on great with Ben and wants the best for Dermot. Dermot needs someone he can trust and is okay with him coming with baggage. The two confide in each other a lot too. I'd say Dermot and Teacherface will start to be seen more together and Ben will take dislike and make a comment to Orla, about his dad and Orla being better suited if not his mother, and it will get Orla taking new perspective on how she sees her relationship with Dermot and begin to get jealous of Teacherface.

On a side note, they shouldn't knock Pixar. Me and my girlfriend spent one of our first nights together as a couple, having a Pixar night and loved it. I swear only she teared up at the end if Toy Story 3, honest...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

IsMiseLisa wrote: »
    Jesus...the scenes between Dermot and Maeve are so cringey.

And who doesn't love Pixar films? :O

Had to laugh at the Fair City writers having a pop at one of the biggest companies in the world.
    Disney announced on January 24, 2006 that it had agreed to buy Pixar for approximately $7.4 billion
    All of the films produced by Pixar are in the top 50 highest grossing animated films. Toy Story 3 , which generated revenue of $1 Billion.

So yeah there good films !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

I HATE Maeve.

eps-168-dermot-sabotages-his-chances-with-maeve-medium-.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 40 jenny30

Jikashi wrote: »
    I want to see Orla and Dermot get together. Orla has constantly been down about being in her thirties and being alone, without wanting to resort to picking up randomers in bars and such. She gets on great with Ben and wants the best for Dermot. Dermot needs someone he can trust and is okay with him coming with baggage. The two confide in each other a lot too. I'd say Dermot and Teacherface will start to be seen more together and Ben will take dislike and make a comment to Orla, about his dad and Orla being better suited if not his mother, and it will get Orla taking new perspective on how she sees her relationship with Dermot and begin to get jealous of Teacherface.

On a side note, they shouldn't knock Pixar. Me and my girlfriend spent one of our first nights together as a couple, having a Pixar night and loved it. I swear only she teared up at the end if Toy Story 3, honest...

I would love to see Dermish and Orla get together too. They definitely have chemistry.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

Hitchens wrote: »
    eps-168-dermot-sabotages-his-chances-with-maeve-medium-.jpg

I don't know which nose got in the way during the kiss last night, but it was painful to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭username84

jenny30 wrote: »
    I would love to see Dermish and Orla get together too. They definitely have chemistry.:D

It's surprising they haven't already gone there. I'm sure it will happen!

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Yangedd

Not with Jo about to hit our screens at the end of November!

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭dixiedan

has a perpetual dirty face.

She's a bit like that Bishop young wan in that respect, if so. She always looks like she needs a good scrubbing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

She's annoying and has a perpetual dirty face.
    We used to call them freckles....:)

• Advertisement

She's a real Irish colleen, not some spray tanned orangey yoke out of howya magazine!:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement