Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v2]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

Ive watched this miserable sh1te for too long but not anymore . Her child died and she sat on the couch talking about having another kid with Wayne and then she fell asleep :confused: Why did she not want to go to the hospital to be with her dead daughter ???? Why was she not inconsolable ??????
    Its not Lucy thats off her trolley ,its the FC story writers that expect us RTE license payers to watch and be entertained by this kind crap :mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭iceblue

well as i watched it all i thought that wayne and dolores didnt believe her and finally accepted she was off her head. so they just played along to stop her going even more mental and probably will get judith over to see her and section her in the next few days. ....seriously doubt they believed anyof it. we all laughed here when she said 'oh look my ph was on silent here they are phoning now...what...shes...dead...how...oh ok then thanks for telling me bye.....brilliant!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭IsMiseLisa

Yeah, me and the housemates burst into laughter when she had her: "My phone was on silent. Oh wait, my child is dead." moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

I might watch it tomorrow night so :rolleyes: But if they dont give Judith a shout by then Ill definitely stop watching :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,006 ✭✭✭Hitchens

moy83 wrote: »
    I might watch it tomorrow night so :rolleyes: But if they dont give Judith a shout by then Ill definitely stop watching :D

Thursday is dénouement day ...stick with it till then! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

Thought Carol looked great dressed as Amy Winehouse for Halloween.... she was , wasn't she ??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

moy83 wrote: »
    Ive watched this miserable sh1te for too long but not anymore . Her child died and she sat on the couch talking about having another kid with Wayne and then she fell asleep :confused: Why did she not want to go to the hospital to be with her dead daughter ???? Why was she not inconsolable ??????
    Its not Lucy thats off her trolley ,its the FC story writers that expect us RTE license payers to watch and be entertained by this kind crap :mad::mad::mad:

Wayne and Dolores clearly both know she's mental now but they didn't push it or have a blowup. Neither of them believed her about the kid. Probably wanted a bit of time to put the stabby implements away and call the men in white coats so they didn't confront her. No point arguing with a lunatic.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭RH149

Dolores told Wayne that when Lucy came up with some excuse at the last minute as to why her child couldn't visit then maybe he'd accept that there was no baby and that Lucy was lying. When she came out with the 'my baby's been killed' story Wayne looked at Dolores and it finally clicked with him. I don't think the writers ever meant us to believe her story-just shows how disturbed she really is.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Lavisa

leahyl wrote: »
    That Ben is insufferable!

I hope he "ages" a couple of years soon & they replace him with a less whiny kid!

Dermot & Maeve...instead of heading into town they go home to watch a DVD!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Lavisa wrote: »
    I hope he "ages" a couple of years soon & they replace him with a less whiny kid!

That Dermish is a keeper.

I would have preferred a more dramatic 'penny dropping' scene from Wayne. As in him telling Lucy to get out of the house instead of consoling her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

Latest Carraigstown gossip: Lucy decides to hold a seance to talk to Deirdre to convince Dolores that she really existed.....Wayne orders the media to remove all references to a car accident involving Lucys daughter...Dolores, Lucy and Dermot have a major bust-up over who's turn it is to wear the dirty old mans mac, issue resolved when the three of them are arrested for crimes against fashion, coat held by the Gardai as evidence....Carol sues her make-up artist...hungry pigs spotted flying over Carraigstown......Vektarman applies to RTE for vacant FC scriptwriter position...

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

amdublin wrote: »
    Can somebody clarify for me. Are we supposed to believe the child died in a car crash on her way to Lucyfur???

Seriously :confused:

I thought so too for a bit but it becomes clear at the very end when they're sitting at the table saying she needs help.
    Karen23 wrote: »
    Thought Carol looked great dressed as Amy Winehouse for Halloween.... she was , wasn't she ??

I think she's trying to compete with Ingrid in the makeup stakes..

On a side note, the Actress who plays Carol looks to have lost a bit of weight, she looks great.. fair play to her.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,428 ✭✭✭✭walshb

xzanti wrote: »
    I thought so too for a bit but it becomes clear at the very end when they're sitting at the table saying she needs help.

They do not explicitly clarify but their behaviour tells us that they know she is really disturbed and that the crash call was a fake.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,977 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

walshb wrote: »
    They do not explicitly clarify but their behaviour tells us that they know she is really disturbed and that the crash call was a fake.
    yeah i got that too, it looks like Wayne and dolly realised the extent of this girls illness and were playing along

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭jenny wren 1950

Lavisa wrote: »

I like ben he is a cute little kid :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Why does Dolly always have a face on her like she's sucking on a lemon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭vumpireofkid

From http://www.digitalspy.ie/soaps/s95/fair-city

SUNDAY
    Laura and Damien still can't make Wayne see sense. A concerned Wayne confronts Bob, asking if he has any information on Lucy's whereabouts. Bob tells Wayne that she went to see her mother. Damien confides Wayne's obsessive behaviour to Dolores, who decides to let Wayne see the sinister wall imagery Lucy made before she allows Pete to paint over it.

Later, Laura meets with Emily, hoping they can get their relationship back on track. Emily reports that her supervisors plan to reinstate her now that Lucy has been discredited as a fantasist, but she also informs Laura that she has met someone else. Laura is bitter, but she urges Pete not to let Lucy be the destroyer of his relationship as well.

As the day continues, Pete tells Wayne to come over to Dolores's house, where Lucy left him a message. When Wayne sees the sick shrine Lucy created, he is devastated anew. Dolores holds Wayne as Pete dismantles the shrine. Pete then proposes to Dolores again and she accepts with great relief and joy.

Meanwhile, Ingrid reminds Louie that it's their 15th wedding anniversary, even though they divorced. She invites Louie to a rendezvous at her apartment that afternoon. During their afternoon of passion, Ingrid gives Louie an ultimatum - choose her or Carol once and for all. Louie makes it painfully clear that his priority is keeping custody of Jack. Louie challenges Ingrid to find a way he can break up with Carol and keep Jack. Ingrid tells Louie that he's going to have to 'play dirty' if that's his goal.

Later, Ingrid reminds Louie that Carol is already on the list with social services due to the fall baby Jack had a few months back. Ingrid advises building up a case against Carol as an irresponsible mother. However, Louie angrily rejects the suggestion, saying Carol deserves better.

Elsewhere, Caoimhe urges Neasa to employ her full time, while Dermot and Maeve's romance deepens - but will it survive when Ben makes a fateful phone call to Jo?

TUESDAY
    Sash offers a sympathetic ear to Decco's stress when he worries that he's not good enough for the job. Soon afterwards, Sash is shocked to meet old acquaintance Collie, and is horrified to learn that he is doing business with Eddie and Decco. Esther learns that Collie gave Sash's mother drugs and helped her addiction. Sash wants nothing more to do with him.

Later, Sash chats to Eddie about Collie. He pretends to be horrified about the visit and promises that he knows nothing about it. Sash also tells a horrified Decco that Collie is around and learns that he is the person who tried to kill him in prison. Eddie reassures a frightened Decco that Collie will stay away from him. He leaves Decco and secretly meets Collie, telling him to stay away and that he almost blew their cover. A shocked Sash watches Eddie and Collie talk and realises that they know each other.

Meanwhile, Dermot and Maeve cannot help but catch every opportunity to be passionate with one another. However, Ben asks why she was staying in daddy's bed. Orla urges Dermot to come clean to Ben about dating Maeve. Ben later embarrasses Dermot and Maeve when he shouts out at the school gates that Maeve was in daddy's bed.

Elsewhere, Paul lies to Niamh about his job and how well he's doing. Later, an exhausted Paul arrives home and rejects Niamh's amorous advances. This upsets Niamh, who thinks he's no longer interested in her. Paul falls asleep on the couch and forgets to collect Ruth. A furious Niamh arrives home and they have a huge fight, which leads to Paul storming out. Paul then takes a strange phone call from a woman and hides it from Niamh.

WEDNESDAY
    A furious Sash tells Eddie that she saw him talking to Collie and demands to know what is going on. He promises Sash that he was only warning Collie to stay away from Decco. Soon afterwards, a determined Sash tries to prove that Collie is up to no good. She goes to the Smart Office after collecting a package that Collie wanted Decco to collect. Eddie is annoyed over her antics and becomes even more frustrated when Sash opens the package and finds that it's full of drugs.

Eddie swears that he didn't know about the drugs, but he tells Sash that she has just endangered Decco as the guards will just presume he was involved. This means that they can't get the law on to Collie or rat him out. Eddie is then forced to go to Collie and tell him what Sash has done. Later, Collie corners Sash and threatens her about opening the package. He tells her that he'd hate to see her pretty face messed up.

Meanwhile, Niamh becomes even more suspicious that something is going on with Paul when he is snappy and moody with everyone. Later, Orla encourages her to visit Paul in this B&B in Cork as a surprise. Niamh travels to Cork to surprise Paul, but is shocked when she arrives and Paul has not checked in. She calls Paul, who pretends he is in the B&B and will be having a quiet night. Niamh hangs up not telling him that she knows the truth. In another part of town, Paul is actually in a bar meeting a lady.

Elsewhere, Dermot worries that he has offended Maeve when he tells her that he's not ready to tell Ben about their relationship, while tensions rise between Dolores and Wayne in the aftermath of Lucy's departure.

THURSDAY
    Eddie tells Decco that they have to persuade Sash to stay quiet or they will all be in trouble. However, Decco fails to manipulate Sash. Zumo soon gets involved and tells Decco that he doesn't trust Eddie. He tells Decco that he is caught out because if there are any unlawful dealings, everyone will presume he was involved. Decco realises that Eddie made him director so he could get away with any wrongdoing.

Later, Eddie takes the matter into his own hands and calls Thomas Flynn. He tells him that Sash is a nuisance and needs to be taken care of. However, this backfires when Collie later tells him that he is going to kill Sash. Eddie tries and fails to convince Collie to take a different approach. Soon afterwards, Eddie calls Mr Flynn and plants the idea of using Sash's mother as leverage. Collie then goes to McCoys and threatens Sash - telling her if she doesn't stay out of his business, he'll get her mum hooked on drugs again.

Meanwhile, Paul wakes up in his car after spending the night alone. Determined, he arranges another meeting with 'Leanne'. Niamh admits to Orla her worry that Paul is having an affair. Orla tells her that she shouldn't jump to conclusions and should talk to Paul. A suspicious Niamh goes through the laundry basket and smells Paul's dirty shirts. Later, she talks to Paul and struggles to keep her emotions at bay when he lies again, saying he's at the B&B. In reality, a dispirited Paul readies himself for another night sleeping in the car.

Elsewhere, Maeve is determined that Ben's attitude won't ruin her relationship with Dermot, while Pete seeks to build bridges with a disheartened Wayne as he attempts to move on from Lucy.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

How about this for a conclusion to the Lucy storyline:

- Later that evening, the RTE Six One News carries a news report about a serious car accident outside Carrickstown, but Wayne and Dolores have the TV switched off.
    - A few months later, an investigation into Emily reveals a litany of dubious and questionable behaviour on her part as a social worker.
    - Pete turns out to be a wife beater from way back when his first wife comes into the show next year.

Switch back to Lucy being led out of Wayne's house in a strait jacket by the men in white coats, knowing she'll never see freedom again.

Cue this:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Lol Harry !

Have not seen to much tv this week but have been avidly following here. One thing strikes me Deirdre is a very unusual name for a baby . Kudos to FCC writers for thinking outside the box
    Very popular for girls in their 30s though

• Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Lisha wrote: »
    Lol Harry !

Have not seen to much tv this week but have been avidly following here. One thing strikes me Deirdre is a very unusual name for a baby . Kudos to FCC writers for thinking outside the box

Well they hardly just changed their name when they hit 30 ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

Lisha wrote: »
    Lol Harry !

Deirdre was also Lucys mothers name from when she played that voicemail a few months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Yangedd

I can't believe it took this to wake Wayne up!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,977 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

In fairness....the writers have a fair amount of people hooked!! I overheard a casual conversation in the cafe at lunch between a male punter and a waitress about lucy!! a few weeks back it would have been the weather or something else!!!

I've been discussing it on Facebook with Rachel Sarah Murphy. She's actually watching and it hooked too.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Yangedd wrote: »
    I've been discussing it on Facebook with Rachel Sarah Murphy. She's actually watching and it hooked too.

What does she think about Dermish and his extra-curricular activities with the teacher?? :D

Tell her she has lots of admirers on here. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Well they hardly just changed their name when they hit 30 ?

Grovelling apologies please allow me to clarify, I meant that as a baby name it has not really been used since the 70s maybe 80s.

Hitchens wrote: »
    Tell her she has lots of admirers on here. ;)

Somehow I don't think she'd like what's been said;)

Somehow I don't think she'd like what's been said;)

Well I think she's a great actor and I wouldn't mind her shoes under my leabha! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,081 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Louis is going to play dirty
    claiming Carol is bad mother to get custody of Jack as he wants to get back with
    Ingrid

:mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement