Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v2]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 gracielacie

Poor old Carol hasn't a bulls notion about Louie and Inid

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

Dermot should tell Meave to shut up...complaining about kids and then his kid. She would be happy if Ben was out of the picture.
    Hmmm, I feel another storyline in the making here!

Will Lucy leave the country or be caught?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,006 ✭✭✭Hitchens

vektarman wrote: »
    Hmmm, I feel another storyline in the making here!

Remember Dermot's brother Ken ...and Ken's red-headed mot with the mad eyes?
    I really used to enjoy that pair :D

Hitchens wrote: »

Ken who went off with Ben's mother in the end. Any hope Uncle Ken could come back and take Ben with him?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭el diablo

Prick! wrote: »
    What's the age gap between Rocky and Dermish?

Rocky would probably be 28. Dermish 46.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

Surely not!!
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQRbeHwpInQZ4BzTJB39OJakKMa_cRuY-oh-9adZfNAFYpH4VGC

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Prick!

el diablo wrote: »
    Rocky would probably be 28. Dermish 46.

Dermish - Sugadaddy

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Gotya

Only getting to watch last nights fair city on RTE player.

Wayne to Pete "if i as much as see you look at my ma again, you'll be picking your teeth outta my fist"

Ha, Pete would destroy Wayne!!...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭Rafa1977

Gotya wrote: »

Wayne to Pete "if i as much as see you look at my ma again, you'll be picking your teeth outta my fist"

Ah poor Wayne is great at the comedy bits!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭el diablo

Gotya wrote: »

Course he would. It would be impossible to be intimidated by Wayne.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Blanchflower

el diablo wrote: »
    Course he would. It would be impossible to be intimidated by Wayne.

I agree! Wayne Molloy could not even intimidate a hamster.

Now if Lucy said the same thing to Pete - well that would really strike fear in him. Lucy will be back and when she returns God help Pete. He will wish he had never been born. Methinks a very messy ending is in store for this would be "handyman" with a dodgy back.

soaps_fair_city_336_6.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Has the whole truth really come out, they just going to leave it at that? Lucy changed her tune on wayne was so sure she did truly love him. She was so spiteful though. Hopefully she won't return now but the whole Harry thing we don't know if that true or not, the baby well that wasn't true well at least the truth about her mam came out but she was a bit obsessive over dolores.

once again fair city throw all caution to the wind......

maeve got together with dermot right ?

complains he late or hasent got time for her

he has a kid (annoying one) still a kid

shouldnt she of taken this into condiseration before getting together with him

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Blanchflower

Dermot Fahey is far too old for that young one Maeve. Why the hell would she be even remotely interested in this Ralph Mellish-ish type boar? Nothing ever happens to Dermo - probably the most insipid character ever in TV history. The total non-involvement of Dermo in anything illegal only adds to the sleep inducing nature of this pathetic non character. Indeed the mere mention of his name could be an answer to the age old curse of insomnia. Perhaps Maeve is an insomniac???

0.jpg

How did Lucy's mother die? I seem to have missed that bit of the episode. Still cannot understand her obviously unhealthy obsession with Doloris. Lots of people have parents who break up but they don't become like Lucy. I don't get it. Well, I suppose it is only all made up anyway.

Bring back Ben's bio-mammy. Ken's wandering eye might settle on Maeve.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭AhInFairness

I met yer man Ken in Dicey's one Tuesday night. He spent ages telling me how he can't go out on the weekends because he gets mobbed by people recognising him. He was in the pub on his own.

Edited to add: This was about 2 months ago...not when he was on the show!

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Gotya

How did Lucy's mother die? I seem to have missed that bit of the episode. Still cannot understand her obviously unhealthy obsession with Doloris. Lots of people have parents who break up but they don't become like Lucy. I don't get it. Well, I suppose it is only all made up anyway.

Car crash.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

The plane ticket she tore up was to Paris, isn't Pete's son in Paris?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 735 ✭✭✭joydivision

So her tearing up the ticket means she is staying in town?

So her tearing up the ticket means she is staying in town?
    The ticket she tore up and littered the street with had Dolores's name on it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 401 ✭✭Leinsterr

wyndham wrote: »
    The plane ticket she tore up was to Paris, isn't Pete's son in Paris?
    Thinkin outside the box there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Lorna123

I am still not sure what we are supposed to take out of the ending because Lucy is such a liar, but it appears that Lucy's mother died in a car crash and this was confirmed by Emily.

Lucy's mother had an affair and was going to leave her father and herself and Lucy were in the car at the time while the mother was telling Lucy she was going to leave her father. Lucy freaked out and began ranting and raving at her mother in the car and her mother crashed the car and died in this accident, but Lucy survived and had a nervous break down of sorts and was admitted to a psychiatric home for a while.

Now what I don't know is how she got involved with Harry, and why she felt the need to be obsessed with Dolores. I don't know if this was explained or if we are still waiting for a further explanation. I need to watch the last episode again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Right, the only thing we know is that her mam is dead from a car crash.

Having said that, the way she went all crazy recalling the accident, I say that she did cause the accident and then had to be taken care of. That's where Emily comes in.

Interesting that Emily is going back to work very quickly...how did that happen? Lucy just dropped the charges like that while she was running around 'decorating' and buying plane tickets? Maybe Wayne dropped them? But he still seems to believe her...or wants to.

Right, the only thing we know is that her mam is dead from a car crash.

Having said that, the way she went all crazy recalling the accident, I say that she did cause the accident and then had to be taken care of. That's where Emily comes in.

Interesting that Emily is going back to work very quickly...how did that happen? Lucy just dropped the charges like that while she was running around 'decorating' and buying plane tickets? Maybe Wayne dropped them? But he still seems to believe her...or wants to.

Right I just watched it again and Lucy was actually driving the car but she kept going faster and faster because of what her mother was telling her i.e. that she was leaving her father. So in effect Lucy caused the crash because of her reckless driving.

I also noticed that she said of Harry "Sorry Dolores, I should have saved him". I thought that was odd, like she could have prevented his death and didn't because he loved Dolores and not her. This is something that needs to be clarified.

One minute she looks on Dolores as her mother but I don't know why this is. Is it because Harry adored his daughter Lorraine and Lucy was trying to replace Lorrraine when she said "Both our names start with "L". Was she trying to feel cherished by replacing Lorraine? All very deep.

She then attacked Dolores for having an affair on Harry and said she would not be as forgiving as Harry was.

I don't know I think we need further explanations.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

Now that this stupid storyline is finished, I will start watching again. The actress who plays Lucy must have developed into a brilliant actress recently, because up until a couple of months ago, she was dreadful.

max life wrote: »
    Now that this stupid storyline is finished, I will start watching again. The actress who plays Lucy must have developed into a brilliant actress recently, because up until a couple of months ago, she was dreadful.

You missed the point, she was playing the part of a disturbed person.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

Lorna123 wrote: »
    You missed the point, she was playing the part of a disturbed person.
    She did a bad job of it.....it was like she was in a bad school play.

• Advertisement

Lorna123 wrote: »
    I am still not sure what we are supposed to take out of the ending because Lucy is such a liar, but it appears that Lucy's mother died in a car crash and this was confirmed by Emily.

Lucy's mother had an affair and was going to leave her father and herself and Lucy were in the car at the time while the mother was telling Lucy she was going to leave her father. Lucy freaked out and began ranting and raving at her mother in the car and her mother crashed the car and died in this accident, but Lucy survived and had a nervous break down of sorts and was admitted to a psychiatric home for a while.

Now what I don't know is how she got involved with Harry, and why she felt the need to be obsessed with Dolores. I don't know if this was explained or if we are still waiting for a further explanation. I need to watch the last episode again.[/QUOTE

There is no logic. Can't understand Lucy's attraction to Harry either. :confused::confused::confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement