Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v2]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,652 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Jaysis Ingrid has turned a bit Lucyfer :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

Why does Louie look surprised Ingrid is asking him to choose...?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

msg11 wrote: »
    I remember on the Sat Night Show, she said she had just finished filming 2 weeks ago. So going on that logic, it takes 6 months to get an episode to air. So it could be next March before this is over !

Does it really take 6 months? Seems a bit long for me. Surely we will know the ending by then from leaks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,556 ✭✭✭baldbear

Ben is such a little kokblocker!Poor Dermot!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

"A bit of paint and it all goes away"

Deep Pete, very deep :-D

Nearly thought he said ...'a bit of Pete and it all goes away' :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 lorna doone

Nearly thought he said ...'a bit of Pete and it all goes away' :P
    Hahahaha that would have been even funnier!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭aramush

An acting masterclass from young Benjamin there, beautiful attempt at a cry.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,652 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

The little brat!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,671 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Ben is the best advertisement for a No vote in the Children's Rights Referendum. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

Ben ya squealing little bollix ! He just ratted his Da out to his Ma

"Mum, he's in bed, I went to wake him up. I didn't want to because Ms.McElhinny was with him"

I love kids but I'd happily choke that little sh1t !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,006 ✭✭✭Hitchens

wow, the symbolism of Maeve's wellie on top of Dermot's shoe ...hollywood take note :D

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭morebabies

Ah no, I felt sorry for Benjamin, having complex adult relationships and breakdowns being brought into his life. That's life yes, I know, but the storyline about his reaction to it all is a pretty credible one I think.

As for the logic in the Lucy plot, yes, so much of it is left undone, and even at a stretch of the imagination, I cannot see them tying up every loose end here in the future. Too much time will have passed and the audience will be too confused to be given any more plot twists. Maybe a dramatic return and another hostage type scenario - yes, but other than that, I can't see any more weird explanations for her behaviour working. They spent so long building it up they should really have made the dramatic outcome make some sense. The most we've had so far is that Lucy is a "fantasist" - according to Emily this evening. But as other posters said, did she really have the affair with Harry, and in what circumstances? Am I right to say he was in prison at the time? And why she clung to Dolores in all of it - this mother issue still hasn't been fully explained. Sorry FC writers, for all the time you spent preparing it and building it up, (which was done very well) at the end there are more questions than answers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Emily doesn't like "getting involved" does she?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Blanchflower

DeepBlue wrote: »
    There's no point looking for logical answers in the Lucy storyline.
    The whole storyline is as batshit crazy as Lucy is and looking for logic is futile.

Lucy will probably return for the Xmas episode and slaughter half of Carrigstown with a chainsaw. Dolores won't report her to the guards because she wouldn't want to upset Wayne. :rolleyes:

The Carrickstown Chainsaw massacre would indeed be an appetising addition to the Christmas Day fare. Wayne would be mighty impressed to see his Lucy engaging in a little staff pruning of the cast of Fair City.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

Lucky Louie ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭AhInFairness

I reckon Lucy will reappear for Dolores and Pete's wedding.

Also, I think Louis is going to back out of leaving Carol for Ingrid, Ingrid gets her revenge by telling Bob everything and then Bob destroys Louis. Probably on Louis and Carol's wedding day.

Has anyone in Fair City ever had a normal wedding?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

Does it really take 6 months? Seems a bit long for me. Surely we will know the ending by then from leaks.

I remember watching a video that said that alright, could have been 3 months? But from script writing to production is fairly long, so filming on set to air is also long, surprised they never mess up the days and dates !

• Registered Users Posts: 86,028 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Hope Carol marries and takes Louie for every cent he has which sends him back on the coke

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Prop Joe

Lorna123 wrote: »
    Right I just watched it again and Lucy was actually driving the car but she kept going faster and faster because of what her mother was telling her i.e. that she was leaving her father. So in effect Lucy caused the crash because of her reckless driving.

I also noticed that she said of Harry "Sorry Dolores, I should have saved him". I thought that was odd, like she could have prevented his death and didn't because he loved Dolores and not her. This is something that needs to be clarified.

One minute she looks on Dolores as her mother but I don't know why this is. Is it because Harry adored his daughter Lorraine and Lucy was trying to replace Lorrraine when she said "Both our names start with "L". Was she trying to feel cherished by replacing Lorraine? All very deep.

She then attacked Dolores for having an affair on Harry and said she would not be as forgiving as Harry was.

I don't know I think we need further explanations.

How did Lucy know that Jessica wasnt Harry's???

Oh and Emily left fairly sharpish from the pig tonite after her convo with the Ghey 1...Pete was sittinh in her seat in seconds!!!

Prop Joe wrote: »

Oh and Emily left fairly sharpish from the pig tonite after her convo with the Ghey 1...Pete was sittinh in her seat in seconds!!!

It obvious. Lucy killed baby Jessica as well. Saying something akin to Rosemarys Baby or something like that. Lucy also tried to kill Emily and frame her for the killing of Baby Jessica.

• Advertisement

Prop Joe wrote: »

I assume Harry or Wayne told her about Jessica

• Registered Users Posts: 8,006 ✭✭✭Hitchens

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I assume Harry or Wayne told her about Jessica

Pillow talk? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,742 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Hope Carol marries and takes Louie for every cent he has which sends him back on the coke
    Ithink she will find out about Louis and Ingrid but go ahead with the wedding regardless, then clean out Louis and hook up with Bob.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

padd b1975 wrote: »
    Ithink she will find out about Louis and Ingrid but go ahead with the wedding regardless, then clean out Louis and hook up with Bob

Copyright_symbol_9.gif

Fixed :D

I'd hate for the FC writers to lift your idea!

padd b1975 wrote: »
    Ithink she will find out about Louis and Ingrid but go ahead with the wedding regardless, then clean out Louis and hook up with Bob Zumo.

FYP ;)

I hope Jack turns out to be Christy's son

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭iceblue

wayne to damien....well at least she didnt hit me!!!!

that BEN is such a C U Next Tuesday

lucy will return at the wedding recpetition and blow everyone up

that BEN is such a C U Next Tuesday

lucy will return at the wedding recpetition and blow everyone up

So Lucy is also an under cover explosives expert on top of everything else we already know about her. I hope she remembers to treat the gelignite tenderly. I don't mind it the Hungry Pig get it along with the hapless Bob Charles. But they will hardly have the wedding reception in the Pig - will they?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭AhInFairness

But they will hardly have the wedding reception in the Pig - will they?

Of course not...it'll be McCoys! And hopefully by then Caddle and Bob will be installed behind the bar after they destroy Louis. So you might get your Bob death wish afterall :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement