Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v2]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭gubby

This storyline with blackmail is the most stupid ever. Didnt yvonne give him Louie a talking to. asked if your wan had any actual hard evidence? no picture, or witness so brave man went to renee and basically told her to **** off. and now there he is STILL offering money. jez stupid is too small a word for this story line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭sffc

gubby wrote: »
    This storyline with blackmail is the most stupid ever. Didnt yvonne give him Louie a talking to. asked if your wan had any actual hard evidence? no picture, or witness so brave man went to renee and basically told her to **** off. and now there he is STILL offering money. jez stupid is too small a word for this story line.
    Bring back Lucy - all is forgiven!

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭morebabies

Yeah that last scene with Bob and Louie was so bizarre, I fell about the place laughing when the episode ended. I don't think that whatever the writers intended actually came across that well at all - as is obvious by the comments here...

And the Renée blackmail plot is looking a bit tired - how many times now has she said to him, I want my money by this evening, or else. That's all that has happened the last few episodes as far as I can see, well, until Bob intervened last night and freaked us all out.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭msbusterpuss

I would love to see the following storylines for Stephen:

He starts working in the station, with no mention of it for weeks and then Neasa casually mentions in passing she headhunted him!

For the Christmas Special - Yvonne is in the station and confides to Orla that she is in fact pregnant by a local man, just before the credits roll, there is a close up shot of Stephen with a wry smile .... leaving us all in suspense once more.. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

so if Dermish has moved on from the fat tart, how come he is still wearing his wedding ring?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

so if Dermish has moved on from the fat tart, how come he is still wearing his wedding ring?

Continuity error.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

sffc wrote: »
    Bring back Lucy - all is forgiven!

I wouldn't be going that far! Dont be giving the writers any ideas like that :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Lorna123

amdublin wrote: »
    What is Val's mental age?

Serious question.

I agree her part is really overdone. She is beginning to look like a plonker.
    I am sick of the clothes she wears and the way she carries on. Pity because she has a lovely smile and with a bit of thought she could be very attractive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

The same thought crossed my mind! :D I was half expecting to hear the sound of that zipper coming down right before the credits rolled!
    Maybe bob has a buttons fly ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

el diablo wrote: »
    Continuity error.

Sounds like a 503 error, Dermot has failed to connect to the database. Resulting in him unsure of his marriage arrangements, ring default in place. Sorry folks.

503-error-IM.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

It's probably the REAL Dermish not bothering to take his wedding ring off when filming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭DramaQuee

Great!!! :D Well spotted endofrainbow. I hadn't noticed, prob due to strange nails on blackboard anxiety I suffer when either he or Maeve are on screen. The kissing was obscene, should have been a health warning, stomach still isn't right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

DramaQuee wrote: »
    The kissing was obscene, should have been a health warning, stomach still isn't right.

It's obscene being honest!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭Rafa1977

Not sure but is this Eddie??

• Registered Users Posts: 20,982 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Holy sh1t val is in the rubberbandits in ch 4

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

morebabies wrote: »
    Yeah that last scene with Bob and Louie was so bizarre, I fell about the place laughing when the episode ended. I don't think that whatever the writers intended actually came across that well at all - as is obvious by the comments here...

And the Renée blackmail plot is looking a bit tired - how many times now has she said to him, I want my money by this evening, or else. That's all that has happened the last few episodes as far as I can see, well, until Bob intervened last night and freaked us all out.

I thought the scene with Bob and Louie was very well done, Bryan Murray is really a great actor. He does the dark side very well. The count down was a very nice touch. But Bob likes Carol too much to hurt her so I think it will be Renee who will lose out in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,982 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Did louis go down on Bob? Just caught the end

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Blanchflower

He did indeed and he seemed to enjoy it. I am now beginning to wonder if Bob and Louis are an item. Louis is doing all he can to ruin his relationship with Karol and Ingrid and Bob is impervious to the advances of Renee and Ingrid. Perhaps they have hatched a plot where the women are forsaken and they end up together. Is there so much hate for the ones we love?

:eek: XD lol ha ha i wish

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 735 ✭✭✭joydivision

Hope bob gets the cctv of louie grovelling and uses it as evidence .
    Plays it at the wedding .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭DramaQuee

Sooner the better this blackmailing storyline is finished. In real life, with no evidence, an old codger like Louis would have used the male Scumbag code: Deny, deny, deny. Like all cheats he has proven he is well able to lie through his teeth right up to his 'love's' face.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Luca Brasi

SPOILER ALERT

Niamh goes on Operation Transformation. They say the camera ads 14 lbs. Must be a magnifying glass on the lens in Niamhs case

so whats happening xmas day on fair city since its not the wedding last year was just singing with leo at 6pm calm before the storm aka emmerdale corrie and eastenders

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

so whats happening xmas day on fair city since its not the wedding last year was just singing with leo at 6pm calm before the storm aka emmerdale corrie and eastenders

I bet Lucy come back and murders half of the cast.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Long Room Hubba

cofy wrote: »
    I bet Lucy come back and murders half of the cast.

She trusses up Pete like a turkey. Sound of pots clattering in the kitchen. Lucy comes back wearing rubber gloves and carrying a huge bowl of stuffing.

"Hang on to your giblets, Pete. This could be a long Christmas."

Christmas day should end with shots of everyone having a great christmas . Real heartfelt scenes . Then it cuts to Stephen crying with a party hat on all alone looking at a picture of Paul Brennan .
    Giving us the start to a great new years storyline .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Blanchflower

She trusses up Pete like a turkey. Sound of pots clattering in the kitchen. Lucy comes back wearing rubber gloves and carrying a huge bowl of stuffing.

"Hang on to your giblets, Pete. This could be a long Christmas."

That would be some festive way for bad back Peter to go out with a real bang! The thought of Christmas Stuffing with Pete's giblets as a constituent part would be Cordon Blue of the Hannibal Lecter kind. A real “I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti”(slurp, slurp, slurp!!!) moment to be sure!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭AhInFairness

Stephen's real name is Stephen Curtis :)

Stephen's real name is Stephen Curtis :)
    So he uses his real name ?
    Thats why he got the job over benedict cumberpatch .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Bad bob

tajd wrote: »

:eek: XD lol ha ha i wish
    Lol, his countdown was so OTT, I nearly wet myself!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement