Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v2]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom Girl

Do they do anything with that baby except lie him in the pram all day! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭ameliajane

I like how Dermot referred to his accounts as "outstanding"and he didn't mean that they were excellent! The confrontation with Decco was interesting to watch and for the first time I am beginning to see Decco as a human being and not a one dimensional character who pursues thuggish behaviour and exists in the show just to be the tough guy.
    He seems to have a heart underneath the hardman exterior. I think Jo is going to be feeling guilty working with Judith and she is certainly treated really well by Tommy's other half. I would love to have Judith as my boss. She reminds me of the show Dr. Quinn medicine woman - the Dublin version though not in the heart of the wild west.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭Gingersnaps

:P
    Ah now, we couldn't have Eileen Bishop as the next Mayor of Carraigstown. She'd probably have the chain melted down within 5 minutes of being elected. :D

Yeah, you're right. Wasn't Decco involved in a cash for gold scam thingy?

I say "Bob for Mayor of Carrigstown" :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

I hope decco isnt gonna become a goody-two-shoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

max life wrote: »
    I hope decco isnt gonna become a goody-two-shoes.

As a bishop I feel it's the trail of their lives.
    Happened to Zumo and had he still been around would have happened to Denzo too, altho hadn't he tried "to go straight".
    It seems par for the course on fair city criminals. I hope Bob turns nasty again!
    We need another villian or Mr. Nasty!

• Advertisement

Another Billy Meehan or Terrence please!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Alice1

Ah whatja expect him to do - he's a baby and mostly they do lie in prams all day. Oh and they pee a lot too!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

ameliajane wrote: »
    Another Billy Meehan or Terrence please!
    Another Billy Meehan - yes.
    Another Terrence - no thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,158 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

He cleans the pub and makes all the sandwiches in the kitchen with Dominic

No thanks to having another Terence? Interesting to get opinions on who is the favourite villian. I guessed it would be Billy Meehan who got the most support. Fair play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭hiscan

Sylvester Garrigan would give him a run for his money :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Fair city behind the times as usual, ebay selling is so 2000's:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭hiscan

Fair city behind the times as usual, ebay selling is so 2000's:D

I must be behind the times too :o
    What's the latest trend?

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Murdoc90

hiscan wrote: »
    I must be behind the times too :o
    What's the latest trend?

Back to the auld buy and sell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

With Louie giving us a repeat of his talent show performance tonight; Carrigstown needs another talent show. It's been over a year since the last one. Bob, as mayor, should make this happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭Gingersnaps

I'd vote for Bob. He'd be a brilliant Mayor. :)
    :P

I say "Bob for Mayor of Carrigstown" :)

Woohoo! Bob is the mayor!:D

Who is the real Jack Gleeson and do his parents work in RTE with you Angel? :D

I think Vivienne's new hairstyle suits her much better. The layered look is very nice on her. Decco is becoming an interesting character, more depth to him and he is a good actor. I thought baby Gleeson looked adorable in those scenes and he was content too. I have to agree with Charlie. Niamh's colouring and hair are beautiful. As a redhead myself, it is nice to see a redhead getting a compliment instead of all these ginger jibes we have to listen to. I only wish my hair always looked as good as Niamh's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭chuckliddell

i think Christy should be involved in a "peadophile" storyline, something similar to Ros Na Ruin,or maybe have some sort of breakdown and kidknapp the baby

As long as they don't try the eastenders baby swap storyline involving baby jack I don't mind what they come up with. It couldn't get any worse than that excruciating storyline eastenders inflicted viewers with.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

i think Christy should be involved in a "peadophile" storyline, something similar to Ros Na Ruin,or maybe have some sort of breakdown and kidknapp the baby

They just tried that with Barry didn't they...

I'm still disappointed that the baby storyline has wrapped up so neatly. Is the baby definitely Louis's??? Is there no chance at all that the dna test is wrong? I was very disappointed in that...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Great episode last night... Loved Loved Loved seeing the fun side of Louie again and I am not deleting that episode!! *melts* :D:D

Niamh's hair is wonderful and looks so healthy and gorgeous in every episode...

feel so sorry for Jo & Dermot :(:( though saying that, I notice Felix has been replaced :P :D

Great scenes with Bob and of course enjoyed watching Decco. He was brill in the scenes and nice to see a softer side to his character! :)

Fittle wrote: »
    They just tried that with Barry didn't they...

I'm still disappointed that the baby storyline has wrapped up so neatly. Is the baby definitely Louis's??? Is there no chance at all that the dna test is wrong? I was very disappointed in that...

I hope the results are wrong and the baby is Christy's

Are Carol and Louie not friends with Yvonne anymore she was very supportive of their affair and even put up Carol yet she isnt asked to be godmother I know she isnt exactly the motherly type but you'd think she'd be asked over Niamh and after Tracey :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Did I miss a scene in last night's Fair City? After Dermish confronted Decco about the price he paid him for the car, Decco told him he'd give him more money. So what happened then? Did Decco give him more money or was he only saying that? How much extra did he give him? The next scene saw Dermish back home again with Jo trying to flog all their worldly goods on ebay. :confused:

All this "rehabilitation of Decco" is a bit hard to swallow. It was only a few days ago that the was squaring up to Dermish in the diner, and now he's become St Francis of Assisi all of a sudden. In the next episode I expect to see little sparrows and bluetits flocking on Decco's shoulders as he walks around Carraigstown with a halo shining around his head.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Long Room Hubba

Fair City has slipped behind Room To Improve, but overtaken the Late Late Show. Ryan Tubridy won't be happy.

http://www.broadsheet.ie/2011/10/10/room-to-improve

Any spoilers for this week or next yet?

Come on Angel01 :p

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Any spoilers for this week or next yet?

Come on Angel01 :p

Yes!! Here's a really juicy one!!!
    Sorry, just kidding :p:D

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Long Room Hubba

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

So sad :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

Tuesday 11 October:
    Paul leaves a pack of clothes for The Helping Hand, but accidentally puts Niamh's good jacket in it as well. Jo brings the bag in and when Bela comments on how good the jacket is, she decides to keep it for herself and puts it up on eBay. Leo begins to nag Niamh about overdue rent, and she tells him that she has paid hers and he needs to put a push on Orla and Dermot about it. At the same time, Orla is deflated when she learns that she has been let go as the publicist for a drinks firm and that the cosmetic company who owe her money sent a letter saying they have gone into liquidation and her payment is a bag of cosmetics.

Ray begins to look forward to the idea of his career as a driving instructor, while Paul realises that Dermot is so stuck for money that he sold his car for half nothing. Cass and Bela reminisce as they share tales of life on the road, but Charlie does not agree with their thought that life is better on the road. Dermot approaches Charlie and asks him for an advance but Charlie refuses it, and Jo becomes uncomfortable when Judith tries to strike up a friendship when she asks to go to a concert with her.

Niamh goes insane when she learns that Paul gave her coat to The Helping hand. They go there to try and get it back, but Jo lies and says that she sold it straight away and doesn't know who the buyer was. Later, she tells Dermot what has happened and he agrees to buy it back from eBay and they can give it to Niamh. Orla is shocked when she arrives back to her house and finds Keith there. While they renew acquaintances, Orla makes it clear that she only wants to be friends. He asks Paul back for his job but is told there isn't one there for him. He admits to Ray that he came back from Italy because he missed Orla.

Dermot is shocked when Jo announces that she doesn't want to stay on in the surgery but she can't tell him why. Orla decides to have a 'come dine with me' night without the food to try and sell the cosmetics and make some money. Cass is delighted to hear that Keith saw his van 'snowy' in Italy in a farmhouse near Cuneo. Dermot tries to buy the coat back online but is outbid by another person. He becomes even guiltier when he learns that it was Paul who bid on it and paid over €400 for it.

Dearbhla suggests to Philip that he should look at his career option and maybe do an art course. Orla invites Niamh, Yvonne, Judith and Jo to the come dine with me party in her house. Dermot cries thinking he is a failure when the boiler breaks and they are forced to wear extra clothing in the house.

• Advertisement

It is just me or has anyone noticed how Angel's sunny disposition has brightened up this thread again. I missed your input over the few days and it is really nice to see your posts today. Thanks Angel.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement