Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v2]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Bad bob

sffc wrote: »
    Anyone notice the boom mic appearing in the top right hand corner around the time Leo intervened in the abduction? And anyone notice Ingrid and Co. were escaping in the same car that brought Carol to her "wedding" . Suprised Leo didn't recognise it !
    theres something there alright but its not a boom mic (wrong shape) whatever it is...great scene though Bob was great.

nice_very wrote: »
    BTW saw Dermish with his kid in Waterford on Saturday, he looked a bit pissed off, and I was in an official capacity so couldnt say anything.. though my instinct was to punch the kid (thinking it was Ben) :D
    no need for that.dont get personal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭DramaQuee

BTW saw Dermish with his kid in Waterford on Saturday, he looked a bit pissed off, and I was in an official capacity so couldnt say anything.. though my instinct was to punch the kid (thinking it was Ben) :D

I hope he wasn't on his way to cheat in Cork with his raunchy ex, ;) I've seen her with a few drinks on her.

Go easy. In fairness to Ben, he's the main fly in the ointment for the cringey Free Spirit. Not even a woman who'd marry a chair could stick him.

Does anyone else find Leo a great Hero, big strong and sexy, his best part ever. (Have been working nights though so need sleep to make proper decision, maybe that thought is just sleep deprived madness)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 735 ✭✭✭joydivision

my upc recorder cut out on the last scene what did leo do ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭morebabies

DramaQuee wrote: »
    That baby was distressed crying too much, I don't like when babies are genuinely upset for the benefit of tv drama. That's a big no-no.

Yes, totally agree, I have a baby around the same age and that baby wasn't just blubbing a little bit, he was roaring his brains out - I teared up listening to him, and my hubbie thought I was getting too involved with the FC plot. No, I just wanted the scene to end quick so the real mammy could come on and soothe the baby.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,991 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

morebabies wrote: »
    Yes, totally agree, I have a baby around the same age and that baby wasn't just blubbing a little bit, he was roaring his brains out - I teared up listening to him, and my hubbie thought I was getting too involved with the FC plot. No, I just wanted the scene to end quick so the real mammy could come on and soothe the baby.

Ah jaysus will ya get a grip. If you want to hear a screaming kid you should come over to my gaff sometime and my 18 month old will drive you demented just because her mammy leaves the room. After our first kid was so quiet, it was a shock to the system to hear how loud and long a baby can scream for. I never even noticed the Jack lad, I must be immumne now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 735 ✭✭✭joydivision

Louie is terrible with that baby . It always looks scared or bawling whenever he has him .
    Youd think hed spend an hour with him off camera before doing the scenes .
    One night it looked like Louie was gonna break his neck giving him a bottle .

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭morebabies

stevieob wrote: »
    Ah jaysus will ya get a grip. If you want to hear a screaming kid you should come over to my gaff sometime and my 18 month old will drive you demented just because her mammy leaves the room. After our first kid was so quiet, it was a shock to the system to hear how loud and long a baby can scream for. I never even noticed the Jack lad, I must be immumne now.

I know I know, babies cry, but I just couldn't help feeling for the little sprog. (Broody hormones at me again)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭sffc

Bad bob wrote: »
    theres something there alright but its not a boom mic (wrong shape) whatever it is...great scene though Bob was great.
    Pretty sure it was a mike with a shaggy cover on it to keep off wind noise. You often see them pitchside at football matches ;-) . Bob was good alright!

• Advertisement

morebabies wrote: »
    I know I know, babies cry, but I just couldn't help feeling for the little sprog. (Broody hormones at me again)

No, it isn't broody hormones, that baby was in genuine distress, and it wasn't just because someone left the room, he was disturbed with the aggro, roaring, 'violence' of a sort which he found himself in the middle of. Babies don't understand it's acting, he was afraid. It's irresponsible and mean to allow a baby be frightened and disoriented unnecessarily.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭peewee_44

I think Bob n Carole are gonna get it on

• Registered Users Posts: 86,547 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I expected Carol to drag Ingrid out of the car by her hair

Loved Bob's line also to Louis that Jack might call him Uncle Bob :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

No, it isn't broody hormones, that baby was in genuine distress, and it wasn't just because someone left the room, he was disturbed with the aggro, roaring, 'violence' of a sort which he found himself in the middle of. Babies don't understand it's acting, he was afraid. It's irresponsible and mean to allow a baby be frightened and disoriented unnecessarily.

I thought it was horrible too. I actually thought the baby sounded sick, he had a fierce gravelly cry like he had a bad cough or something :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Blanchflower

I thought it was horrible too. I actually thought the baby sounded sick, he had a fierce gravelly cry like he had a bad cough or something :(

Or perhaps a child troubled by demonic possession who has just been shown a crucifix. :eek: Perhaps the spirit of the late Lorcan, son of Karol. :eek:

Corries having a Xmas wedding that's what fair city should have done instead of having it last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

A great show...after the antics of Lucy I didn't think they would be able to come back with a big shocker so quickly. They were cooking that one for a while. Louie is terrified of Carol, really scared of her. Couldn't blame him. Ingrid played her part well giving credit for Joey and his thieving ways. He will end up a right sort and blame Louie of course.

Bob was great. I think they are even now. Louie ran Bob out of town and Bob effectively did the same :) Call it quits? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Bad bob wrote: »
    Corries having a Xmas wedding that's what fair city should have done instead of having it last week.

Think you should change your username...your not as bad as Louie makes out :P

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭peewee_44

Is Louis leaving or just ingrid?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

I think Louie left as well but he might have changed his mind.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭Devildoll84

peewee_44 wrote: »
    I think Bob n Carole are gonna get it on

It's looking that way.. Although, I still can't understand why Bob is so protective of her. I missed out on a lot of Fair City in the last couple of years, did something happen to cement their friendship?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

poor baby could'nt believe how bad the acting was

Carol was as rough as a bag of hammers, and there was a fair bit of loud upset and violence for a baby to process.
    Some dodgy bits, but my heart was POUNDING from the minute Louis grabbed the buggy from Dolores.

We are guaranteed heartwarming scene tomorrow night where Carol thanks Bob not only for saving d babby but also warning her not to marry Gimlet Eyes....

Devildolls question is good: Why is Bob so0oOOO protective of Carol?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

BabyJacked!

You can use that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭maurasmith50

According to digital spy, Carol goes off the wall and loses the pub. Louis gives Yvonne and Orla the management of the pub. Farrell the dodgy solicitor is back on the scene.

:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,761 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

zoobizoo wrote: »
    BabyJacked!

You can use that!
    Jacknapped FTW.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Prop Joe

It's looking that way.. Although, I still can't understand why Bob is so protective of her. I missed out on a lot of Fair City in the last couple of years, did something happen to cement their friendship?

I could do with an answer to that as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

According to digital spy, Carol goes off the wall and loses the pub. Louis gives Yvonne and Orla the management of the pub. Farrell the dodgy solicitor is back on the scene.

:D:D

ah FFS and what about (cant put spoiler but you all know who I am thinking of)

soaps-fair-city-406-1.jpg

he doesnt look happy does he :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Renee's pregnant :eek: :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,038 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

ah FFS and what about (cant put spoiler but you all know who I am thinking of)

soaps-fair-city-406-1.jpg

he doesnt look happy does he :(
    What is Stephen plotting?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement