Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v2]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

ameliajane wrote: »
    It is just me or has anyone noticed how Angel's sunny disposition has brightened up this thread again. I missed your input over the few days and it is really nice to see your posts today. Thanks Angel.

Thank you so much, I wish I felt as sunny.. off work with shingles :(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭Gingersnaps

angel01 wrote: »

Just keep thinking of Louie. :) That will cheer you up. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭ameliajane

Shingles, What a horrible condition. Very sorry to hear that Angel. I hope you will get well soon. You are still able to stay cheerful while in pain. An inspiration to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

oh I got that a few years back as well.. Just looked at my back in the mirror one day and there was this huge scary red patch of measles .... It took a good three weeks to pass.. You may go out and buy the Fair City Box Set..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭chuckliddell

a fair city version of the human centipede would be good for the ratings

• Advertisement

Spoilers!

Thursday, Oct 13
    In the Faheys', Caoimhe tells Judith that she's had a rash attack because of the make-up. At the same time, Keith tries to pretend that he doesn't care about Orla's knock-back, but his mood is buoyed when Paul gives him keys to the garage and tells him to look after it. Cass and Bela come up with a plan and call the doctors'. Bela distracts Judith as Cass tries to take a photo of the eye chart so he can memorise it for his test but is caught by Jo.

Orla asks Jo for money for the make-up and Jo tells her that she can't afford to pay it. Yvonne also refuses to pay for it and tells her that the make-up burst. Later, she is approached by Judith and Caoimhe who demand their money back.

Cass persuades Bela that he should come on the trip to Italy to find Snowy and he should drive the van back with Cass. They try to persuade Charlie to go on the trip with them. But later they give him a birthday present of booked flights to Italy so he is forced to go with them.

Philip makes his mind up to go back and live with his mum. He breaks his news to Jo and Dermot who are heartbroken that he is leaving. Orla snubs Leo's offer of cleaning work. Orla is upset when she realises how bad things are with her and turns to Keith for some comfort. Philip realises that the Faheys will be down on money when he leaves and his decision will impact their life.

Sunday, Oct 16
    o and Dermot try to give Philip a present, but he refuses to take it, saying they have no money. When they leave the house, he answers their phone and realises that it's social services. He pretends to be Dermot and agrees to take on two other foster sisters.

Later, Philip reveals to a shocked Dermot and Jo that he has organised for foster kids to arrive. Jo decides to call off them coming, but when Philip persuades them how wonderful they have been with him, they decide to do it.

Meanwhile, before Bela goes on his trip, Suzanne tells him that she is pregnant. Cass, Bela and Charlie persuade Ray to go on the trip with them and the delighted foursome head off on their adventure.

Elsewhere, Orla tells a disappointed Keith that their night of passion was a one-off; Charlie learns more about Snowy's predicament and realises that it will need a mechanic to fix it; while a deflated Orla agrees to clean the Smart Office for Leo but asks to keep it a secre

Tuesday, Oct 18
    Yvonne is unhappy when Suzanne tells her that she is going to have a scan by herself, so she asks Damien to intervene. Damien follows her and she is forced to tell him that she is pregnant. He is delighted for her, which is a relief to Suzanne.

Later, Yvonne challenges a nervous Suzanne to tell David that she's pregnant and she is forced to call David and tell him. David is shocked and tells her that he has to go as he's busy. An emotional Suzanne is comforted by Yvonne.

Meanwhile, Peter realises that Dolores feels like Keith and Orla are spoiling their privacy and time together in number 12. When he meets them, he asks that they give himself and Dolores some private time together. Keith then asks Orla if she wants to go to a hotel with him.

When Pete tells Damien the trouble he is having with Orla and Keith, Dermot demonstrates how to show your tenants who's boss. However, Orla decides that they don't need to go out to give Pete and Dolores privacy. Later, Pete tries to have a romantic dinner with Dolores, but is annoyed with Keith and Orla constantly interrupting him. He tries and fails to lay down the law.

Elsewhere, Philip does his best to calm Dermot and Jo's anxiety about the arrival of the new foster kids, 16-year-old Kelly and 8-year-old Zoe. They meet the girls and Philip does his best to break the ice with everyone. Both Kelly and Zoe are extremely quiet and protective of one another, but Kelly softens when she realises that Philip is a foster child too.

Also today, Lucy arrives back to Carrigstown and Damien pays for some of her taxi cab fare. He helps her find Dolores, and Leo notes that Damien and Lucy are flirting. Dolores meets Lucy and is surprised and delighted by Lucy's return. Lucy gives her €1,000, but Pete remains unsure of her motives.

Wednesday, October 19th
    Dermot and Jo do their best to bond with Kelly and Zoe, but they manage to make things worse. Dermot feels bad when he realises that he has no car to drive the girls to school, so he turns to Philip for advice. Later, Dermot clashes with the girls and Zoe runs out of the house when he is arguing with Kelly.

Philip helps a frantic Dermot to find Zoe, and he uses a treat to win the girls over. However, Kelly causes Dermot more trouble by trying to leave the house late at night. Dermot, Jo and Philip join forces to show Kelly and Zoe who is boss, but Kelly later reveals to Dermot and Jo that she has called the social worker and they are leaving the house.

Meanwhile, Wayne is pleased to see Lucy, but Suzanne clocks Damien's attraction to Lucy. Soon afterwards, Damien and Lucy chat and they realise they have loads in common. Damien makes it clear that he's single and ready to mingle. Later, Damien and Wayne both talk about fancying a girl, not realising that it's Lucy.

Elsewhere, Orla's continued obnoxious antics as a housemate begin to wear on Pete and Keith. Orla continues to take advantage of Keith by asking him for the garage's hoover. She promises to have it back by four, but doesn't bring it back in time and gets in trouble with Paul about it.

Thursday, Oct 20
    An infatuated Keith tries to orchestrate a date with Orla, but Yvonne accuses Orla of stringing Keith along. She tells Orla that he won't want to help her if she breaks his heart. Later, Orla and Leo have dinner and wine, and she tries her best to flirt with him to get money from him. He offers her a bigger job and she decides to stand Keith up so she can spend more time with Leo.

Pete berates Orla for treating Keith so badly, and when Orla arrives back to Number 12, a furious Keith accuses her of abusing their friendship.

Meanwhile, Damien asks a delighted Lucy out on a date. They go to the Station and Wayne is shocked when he realises that he and Damien are vying for the same girl. He decides to fight for Lucy's affection, but he loses out to Damien. Later, a nervous Damien has his first kiss since the break-up of his marriage.

Elsewhere, Kelly tells Ben that he no longer has to worry about sharing his parents with her and Zoe, as they will be leaving that night. Ben high fives a reluctant Philip. Later, Philip's empathy and understanding finally wins Kelly's admiration. This works in the Faheys' favour when the social worker arrives. When they are on their own, Kelly tries to kiss Philip

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

Does anyone else think that Philip is gonna get it on with Dearbhla....no other characters around their ages!

• Registered Users Posts: 86,158 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

max life wrote: »
    Does anyone else think that Philip is gonna get it on with Dearbhla....no other characters around their ages!

I think Dearbhla should get with Decco

Did I miss a scene in last night's Fair City? After Dermish confronted Decco about the price he paid him for the car, Decco told him he'd give him more money. So what happened then? Did Decco give him more money or was he only saying that? How much extra did he give him? The next scene saw Dermish back home again with Jo trying to flog all their worldly goods on ebay. :confused:

All this "rehabilitation of Decco" is a bit hard to swallow. It was only a few days ago that the was squaring up to Dermish in the diner, and now he's become St Francis of Assisi all of a sudden. In the next episode I expect to see little sparrows and bluetits flocking on Decco's shoulders as he walks around Carraigstown with a halo shining around his head.

I don't think we ever found out if Decco actually ever gave him the money...

I think Decco will always be the tough guy.. nice to the girls but tough as nails to everyone else. I fear he may bring Dermot down.. imagine if he found out about Jo & Tommy :eek:

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Dearbhla is supposed to be still in school :eek:

On another note, it is a shame to see that the Fair City website hardly gets updated anymore, since Karen left the FC office, They haven't even got the episode details for this week up and the site hardly gets updated with interesting stuff...

Employ me Fair City :D

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

When Caoimhe tires of him of course! He might move on to Neasa after Dearbhla. I doubt though that Dr. Judith will fall for his......... charms!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

ooh some fierce tension there tonight.. alot of doom & gloom! :(
    but good to see keith back!

Dearbhla is supposed to be still in school :eek:

On another note, it is a shame to see that the Fair City website hardly gets updated anymore, since Karen left the FC office, They haven't even got the episode details for this week up and the site hardly gets updated with interesting stuff...

their twitter is more active... i have to LOL at the way their tweeter tweets on there though (that was too many T's LOL)

Yes, I noticed that. I know that digital spy do give spoilers. Not that I am going to enlighten you on this week's shows. I got a telling off for a absent minded posting of spoilers recently and I aim not to make the same mistake twice! Angel gave us spoilers and I must say I look forward to her posts. Interesting plot about Niamh's coat and how complicated life can become when being dishonest. Dermot really let Jo know how worried he is about their financial woes. I dread to think of his reaction to her if/when he finds out about the affair with Tommy which is going to happen some time because the Fahey's and the Dillon's live in soapland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Jeez I dont know Angel... I've been hearing a lot about the recession in Carrigstown lately.. Christy might give you a few hours stacking shelves, or you could go on that driving instructors course with Ray.... Though if you're planning on emigrating, I wouldnt call round to Barry's to say goodbye...:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Okocim

Was getting on the bus opposite the H'apenney Bridge just as Christy Phelan was stepping of at the bus stop. He was wearing snazzy black rimmed glasses and had the earphones in!! Wow!!!! OMG OMG OMG!! Is actually a little taller looking on screen than he is off. I resisted the urge to ask him where Louis and Carole were....they probably got off the bus three stops ahead of him as usual! :D

This is nonsense. Who writes this stuff?? They are talking about how the boiler has packed in and how they are freezing and Ben has two duvets on him. I mean come on FFS... It isn't even cold and I would understand if this storyline ran in the depths of Winter, with snow everywhere but this is meant to be October!!

I haven't even had the heat on since about March/April and if they really are as broke as they claim to be, they wouldn't be taking in foster kids as they wouldn't be able to afford to feed them etc :rolleyes:

On another matter, Orla and Keith didn't want to date and suddenly he is so in love with her again. I mean come on.... :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

If Paul and Niamh are complaining about money and wanted to put up the rent on Roberts place, why cant Niamh work from home and stop paying rent to Leo.

She told Leo to go after Dermot and Orla for the rent. where is Esther; is she still part of the Smart office.

Epicurus wrote: »
    If Paul and Niamh are complaining about money and wanted to put up the rent on Roberts place, why cant Niamh work from home and stop paying rent to Leo.

She told Leo to go after Dermot and Orla for the rent. where is Esther; is she still part of the Smart office.

Esther wasn't even mentioned when they were looking for the rent and surely she has to pay quite a bit for her share of the office.

They made out last night that Keith was going to Italy for work etc, I thought he was supposed to be there on a holiday and how can Paul cut him out of his job and not give him any work? :confused:

The likes of Dermot doesn't even need the smart office, surely he could do his job from the office of the community centre? Niamh could work from home and just leave Orla and Esther to use the smart office..

• Advertisement

Angel and Epicurus your points are well made. There are incredible facts here. The storylines are just not credible in these cases. What are the scriptwriters doing? It is a little bit frustrating to have to take these stories seriously! Room for improvement and changes please Fair City if you read this thread!!!

I'm surprised Esther wasnt interested in being Mayor where is she suppose to be away in Africa with David :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

This is nonsense. Who writes this stuff?? They are talking about how the boiler has packed in and how they are freezing and Ben has two duvets on him. I mean come on FFS... It isn't even cold and I would understand if this storyline ran in the depths of Winter, with snow everywhere but this is meant to be October!!

I haven't even had the heat on since about March/April and if they really are as broke as they claim to be, they wouldn't be taking in foster kids as they wouldn't be able to afford to feed them etc :rolleyes:

On another matter, Orla and Keith didn't want to date and suddenly he is so in love with her again. I mean come on.... :eek:
    Yeah i agree about the heating. It would be different if it was December or January and was really cold. How can they foster kids in a cold house with no heating??? Surely Social Services would be onto them in a shot!!!

Your bosses at FC will not be happy with your opinions!!!!:D:D:D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

The heating is a good point, there have been a few chilly nights but nobody I know has had the heating on yet. But fostering is very well paid. You get €312pw for each child under 12 and €339pw for each child aged 12+. The foster children also have a medical card and if it's a long term placement, 6 months+, you can apply for Child Benefit as well.

As well as that the charity shop stuff is nutty. Charity shops are professional fund-raising ventures. They are proper businesses, run by experienced retail managers who earn a pretty good salary. The idea that they would only get €20 for Carole's dress was mad. A dress like that would easily fetch between €80-150 in store and if not, most charity shops have their own ebay accounts that they sell valuable items on.

iguana wrote: »
    The heating is a good point, there have been a few chilly nights but nobody I know has had the heating on yet. But fostering is very well paid. You get €312pw for each child under 12 and €339pw for each child aged 12+. The foster children also have a medical card and if it's a long term placement, 6 months+, you can apply for Child Benefit as well.

As well as that the charity shop stuff is nutty. Charity shops are professional fund-raising ventures. They are proper businesses, run by experienced retail managers who earn a pretty good salary. The idea that they would only get €20 for Carole's dress was mad. A dress like that would easily fetch between €80-150 in store and if not, most charity shops have their own ebay accounts that they sell valuable items on.

Thanks for clarifying that, I thought they may get paid for it but not as well paid as I thought.

I agree with you on the charity shop. All the ebay stuff is all a bit silly because if they are so into it, why didn't they list the car that Dermot ended up selling to Decco, surely that would have given them the money they needed?

Did you see the way they showed the bidding process on ebay, as if the bids would happen as quick as they were.. made me laugh anyway :D

I thought Paul was hit by the recession also yet he could pay 400 euros for Niamh's coat :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

I agree with you on the charity shop. All the ebay stuff is all a bit silly because if they are so into it, why didn't they list the car that Dermot ended up selling to Decco, surely that would have given them the money they needed?

Exactly. And Dermot had barely put the "for sale" sign on the car when he was upset that it hadn't sold yet. A car will take a week or so to sell, even in good times. It was especially funny when Niamh said last night that she was looking at a car on ebay, so the writers know that you can buy and sell cars that way.

I was a bit upset tbh, as we're looking out for a 2nd hand car atm, and Dermot's car looked like a great buy for €900. I'd have given him more than that and kept it on the southside where he'd never, ever have to see it.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Some of the current storylines have more plot holes than a lump of Swiss cheese. The sight of Dermish and Jo freezing their "you-know-whats" off last night was just plain ridiculous. I could understand if it was December or January, but October??

Paul buying the coat back for €400 when he and Niamh are supposed to be broke?? :rolleyes:

Orla and Keith: WTF is all that about?? One minute they're madly in love and getting engaged. The next day they mutually decide that "they're just not that into each other". Now Keith is madly in love with her again. :rolleyes:

I know these points have already been made but just as I'm beginning to warm to FC again, they go and come up with this rubbish.

Surely there must be somebody on set who could say "Ah lads", when a ridiculous storyline is starting out??

they must have got their boiler fixed if dermot's not wearing blankets in the house tonight :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Didn't Paul suspect that it was extremely lucky for him to just happen to find the perfect coat, an exact match for Niamh's coat. It went on ebay the day it was sold from a charity shop for 10.00. Didn't he think: "Hey! The person who sold it has just got 400.00 for a 10.00 act of kindness!" Not a bit of it. He thinks I just found another one. I got lucky. I guess. He must have an IQ of a butterfly or a midget. What a gullible fool.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement