Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v2]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭Devildoll84

Completely agree with everyone who thought tonight's episode was sh!te. I mean - they could have made more of an effort, considering it was an hour long Christmas special. Too much Eddie and Val. And, Blackie and the doc were predictable and boring, to say the least. I wish Lucy had made an appearance. The other soaps had murders, dramatic weddings, etc - such a shame they didn't save the Carol/Louis wedding for the Xmas special. Also, there was way too much Bela!

Anyway, Happy Christmas to all posters on this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,007 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Anyway, Happy Christmas to all posters on this thread.

Many happy returns, and to all the gang here as well :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭DramaQuee

Shamrock21 wrote: »
    Shut up Jo!

Jo's here for the long haul, about time she stood up for herself, better get used to it. ;)

Here's hoping Maeve vanishes in 2013, bad form FC showing all those ratty mealy mouthed kisses, my stomach wasn't up to it.

off to watch FC on RTE PLAYER it clashed with emmerdale

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

off to watch FC on RTE PLAYER it clashed with emmerdale

dont bother, emmerdale was much better!

• Advertisement

OMG christy said christmas is grand as long leo doesnt have his guitar

they defo read this thread XD

EDIT

wow 60 minutes of boredom cant believe i watched it even with a box of milk tray

• Registered Users Posts: 17,255 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

DramaQuee wrote: »
    Jo's here for the long haul, about time she stood up for herself, better get used to it. ;)

Here's hoping Maeve vanishes in 2013, bad form FC showing all those ratty mealy mouthed kisses, my stomach wasn't up to it.
    Hopefully Jo will put a bit of manners on ''her son''

Benjamin is despicable!

And hopefully she will instill a bit of taste in Dermot

Beige & brown just don't suit him!!

Actually they don't suit anyone :eek: :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Fair ****y :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

Jo is a bit of a trollop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

Jo was disgraceful yesterday. She doesnt seem to care at all about Ben. She risked her family when she had her affair with the randy farmer. She wasnt thinking about Ben when she did that. Then when she comes back at Christmas, she said it was for Ben. However, she showed more interest in trying to annoy Maeve than spending quality time with her son. Then she has the stupidity to make fun of Maeves' profession. IIRC, the only job Jo has had in the last 10 years was a few shifts a week in a charity shop. She should get up off her LARGE ass and spend more time trying to make it up to her son!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭jjf1974

jo and charlie have the most annoying voices in ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Hitchens wrote: »
    a wise woman, let her be your guide in all things ;)
    If she were a wise woman she wouldn't be watching fair city in the first place ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,007 ✭✭✭Hitchens

jjf1974 wrote: »
    jo and charlie have the most annoying voices in ireland.

often wondered what the actor who plays charlie is at trying to talk posh, it just sounds wrong and irritating

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

What the hell is Orla's story? It's like shes best buddy' s with everyone... her character is only there to make obvious peoples thoughts to the viewer..

Bring back barry I say...

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭jjf1974

Its about time carrickstown has a big fire,flood, earthquake or something to get rid of some of characters that do nothing for the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

oh ffs its on rte again, the repeat, jedwards dream factory on 2.... discovery here I come

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭morebabies

Armelodie wrote: »
    What the hell is Orla's story? It's like shes best buddy' s with everyone... her character is only there to make obvious peoples thoughts to the viewer..

You're right, it's like she floats around wherever is convenient for the plot, but we never get an in-depth look at her character at all. We need a Dermot /Maeve / Orla love triangle or something to get things shook up a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Ben is always shattered or flaked out...my kid is never like that! What am I doing wrong??? :P

Jo really has it in for Meave, trying to stamp her mark on proceedings but think she over did it. The sympathy she got would be quickly done after that day. Orla told her a few home truths there.

The guitar reference was funny....definitely someone is reading boards :P

morebabies wrote: »
    You're right, it's like she floats around wherever is convenient for the plot, but we never get an in-depth look at her character at all. We need a Dermot /Maeve / Orla love triangle or something to get things shook up a bit.

I was sure a while back that it would be Dermot and Orla. In all fairness they would be a decent couple.

Armelodie wrote: »

orla yeah she everyone friend apaertenly

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Was a terrible episode last nigh, JO an Maeve are awful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

Hitchens wrote: »
    a wise woman, let her be your guide in all things ;)

ehhh...NO

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭spanishgem

Its about time carrickstown has a big fire,flood, earthquake or something to get rid of some of characters that do nothing for the show.

this is a brilliant idea!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭maurasmith50

jo Esther and charlie have the most annoying voices faces in ireland.

FYP;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭maurasmith50

Ben is always shattered or flaked out

Would you blame the poor little annoying sh!t tyke. After all, He's worn out trying to get his dad to get rid of Maeve and take Jo back.

did esther and clarlie just walk the park xmas morning twice they were in the same spot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭DramaQuee

I just saw Esther and Charlie do the park once, but it's hard to concentrate with murderous Maeve thoughts.
    Jo was crackers to leave her home open to that conceited little rat. Maeve told so many lies in that one-upmanship game too, saying Dermot (not on a school night) had no problem keeping up with her, and the well fabled time spent with and love of Ben etc. Irritating and smug despite a huge wallop with the ugly stick.

Surely Maeve could have got a different coat if we had to see her at Christmas.

Unrelated I know, but Catherine Jenkins is fabulous and so gorgeous :) on RTE now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

Maybe the Dart could de-rail through Carrigstown?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

Thank God Maeve got another scarf other than that yellow thing. Tried to glam her up with a goldy guna...didn't work.

I'm still intrigued by why dermot has the wedding ring on still.

• Advertisement

amtc wrote: »
    Thank God Maeve got another scarf other than that yellow thing. Tried to glam her up with a goldy guna...didn't work.

I'm still intrigued by why dermot has the wedding ring on still.

I was wondering about that...is it for Ben's sake? Because I think kids would see things like that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement