Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v2]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭maurasmith50

vektarman wrote: »
    Who on earth hands over €2,000 without asking for a receipt? Oh, Wayne of course, nuff said.

And in cash too :eek: What an idiot !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

LB6 wrote: »
    I may be wrong here - but the time of the drugs in the envelopes storyline. Eddie was talking to Flynn on the phone. Did I hear wrong, or did he call him father? don't know where to find out for sure.
    Someone should tell Val....

• Registered Users Posts: 86,156 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

amazing how jo can ruin dermot and ben life by cheating and then come back into the house i know its half hers but ffs i show her the door

Dermot is too nice he needs to grow a pair

Wish FC had shown Carol having Xmas day with the Bishops :p

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Wish FC had shown Carol having Xmas day with the Bishops :p

me 2 now that would of been good

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭julyjane

amazing how jo can ruin dermot and ben life by cheating and then come back into the house i know its half hers but ffs i show her the door

I'm not too familiar with family law but from stuff I've heard about others who've been down that road she would be well within her rights unless they have a separation agreement that states otherwise.

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Maeve made up for him to-night she came out with all guns blazing, I've never seen Jo almost speechless, and I put the emphasis on almost....the woman never shuts up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Who on earth hands over €2,000 without asking for a receipt? Oh, Wayne of course, nuff said.

Eddie : You are going to be good at this.

Wayne : I think I know how this works. It's actually quite like car dealing, you know very similar...but obviously it's quite different.

Haha take him to the cleaners Eddie!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Alice1

morebabies wrote: »
    Eddie's scheme is not very plausible at all. I get that he's taking money off the gullible people of Carrigstown, but why involve that gangster Flynn that he's obviously afraid of? Another hole-filled plot. I was thinking maybe he'd fleece a few of the local businesses and do a runner, but I just cannot see why he would have chosen to involve Flynn? Am I being as dim as Wayne was this evening about this?

And Judith needs to relax a bit, I thought she was literally going to jump on Luke when she got inside his house this evening.
    I think Eddie owes money to Flynn? From what I can gather, he's "investing" money for the likes of Wayne - but actually using it to pay his debt to Flynn? He said something like "your first repayment"....or something...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

Alice1 wrote: »
    I think Eddie owes money to Flynn? From what I can gather, he's "investing" money for the likes of Wayne - but actually using it to pay his debt to Flynn? He said something like "your first repayment"....or something...

Your right he did say this.

I think Eddie is in debt to Flynn from when they were in jail and Eddie stepped in and saved Decco's life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

cofy wrote: »
    Your right he did say this.

I think Eddie is in debt to Flynn from when they were in jail and Eddie stepped in and saved Decco's life.

yes and no...

eddie had around 100k for himself in flynns hands when he saved deccos life (his reward for making flynn a load of money) but that was taken after eddie saved him.

recently eddie got a loan from flynn as he knows about some merger going to happen that will make share prices rise and thats what he needs all the money for, to invest it, so the 2k was the first repayment of that loan, IIRC it was only 5k, but flynn said the end of each month he wants a payment.

The only way I see this storyline going is eddie getting in deeper and deeper with flynn, having to do more drug runs and eventually gets done by flynn or zumo.

also, very disappointed we saw no sign of Stephen over the last week :mad: I hope its the lull before the big storyline... McCoys managership perhaps? or just maybe, one day yvonne calls in and he goes to talk to her:

S: Yvonne Im not happy about this new arrangement
    Y: What are you talking about?
    S: you made orla manager and now she is living upstairs
    Y: what are you trying to say Stephen?
    S: look, I knew about the affair between caddle and louie before they got together, and all the recent problems with ingrid, I have shown dedication to the pub all these years and you pass me over for manager without even a payrise?
    Y: look Stephen...
    S: look nothing I am sick of being passed over, you should have a think about what I said, maybe they would appreciate me more in the station...

• Advertisement

nice_very wrote: »
    yes and no...

eddie had around 100k for himself in flynns hands when he saved deccos life (his reward for making flynn a load of money) but that was taken after eddie saved him.

recently eddie got a loan from flynn as he knows about some merger going to happen that will make share prices rise and thats what he needs all the money for, to invest it, so the 2k was the first repayment of that loan, IIRC it was only 5k, but flynn said the end of each month he wants a payment.

The only way I see this storyline going is eddie getting in deeper and deeper with flynn, having to do more drug runs and eventually gets done by flynn or zumo.

also, very disappointed we saw no sign of Stephen over the last week :mad: I hope its the lull before the big storyline... McCoys managership perhaps? or just maybe, one day yvonne calls in and he goes to talk to her:

S: look, I knew about the affair between caddle and louie before they got together, and all the recent problems with ingrid, I have shown dedication to the pub all these years and you pass me over for manager without even a payrise?
    S: look nothing I am sick of being passed over, you should have a think about what I said, maybe they would appreciate me more in the station...

As fair as I know, Zumo is not involved with drugs or with Flynn for that matter. Am I wrong?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

I'm an intermittent viewer but would I be right in thinking that's more likes than Stephen would normally have in an entire year?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Blanchflower

yes and no...

The way Stephen was overlooked by Yvonne was scandalous. Orla knows didly swuat about running a successful pub. Orla should have been given a straight red card by Yvonne Doyle and banished forever from McCoys. Orla could not organise a piss up in a brewery and is a liability and her continued presence in charge of McCoys can only mean one thing - liquidation! Louis should sack Orla and put the pub in the steady hands of Stephen.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Cardill is Cardill, not Caddle.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,156 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Tuesday January 1st

Ben is excited that Jo will be living at home again but Dermot has other
    ideas. Dermot approaches Yvonne and agrees to contribute to the rent in the flat
    above Vinos but Jo is having none of it and refuses. Jo meanwhile gets a job in
    the Hungry Pig.

Judith is excited by Luke's pursuit of her and makes an excuse to go the
    surgery and tells Luke to follow. Things get awkward when Vivienne walks in
    before Luke does but Judith manages to cover

Yvonne is gunning for Orla with rumours rife that there was a lock-in in
    McCoy's last night.

Cass wants to do something on New Year's Day but is fed up as Bela just wants
    to stay home. Cass is excited when he is invited on a camper van trip and starts
    getting itchy feet.

Niamh is arranging last minute party for Paul's birthday. Paul depressed at
    turning fifty and being grumpy as others make a fuss. Niamh might cancel but
    everyone is too busy to go to Paul's birthday party in McCoy's as Niamh left it
    too late. Paul less than impressed.

Wednesday January 2nd

When Judith gives out to Vivienne for not helping in the surgery Vivienne
    lets her know she saw Luke and Judith kissing. A frantic Judith calls Luke to
    talk but is flustered when Tommy bumps into them. She tells him that Caoimhe has
    her upset but her lie comes back to haunt her when a confrontation between
    Caoimhe and Tommy blows everything into the open.

Bela has Cass making a list of the pros and cons of staying in Carrigstown or
    going on his trip but unfortunately it seems the locals aren't presenting enough
    reasons to stay.

The arguments have begun between Jo and Dermot as they try to sort out who
    will mind Ben while they go to work. Jo brings Ben with her to work in the
    Hungry Pig but Bob is not having it and when Maeve comes to collect him, Jo's
    training session soon turns a full blown domestic.

Thursday January 3rd

Jo and Dermot are trying to set boundaries as they begin to live together
    again. Dermot insists that Maeve should come over that night but Maeve isn't too
    keen to be put in Jo's firing line again. It's not long before three becomes a
    crowd.

Cass makes plans to slip away quietly to avoid the emotional goodbyes but
    Bela doesn't think it's right and decides to tell Niamh and Sean. Niamh is angry
    and confronts Cass.

Bela finding it hard to admit Yvonne was right to move Rita to anew nursing
    home and is unimpressed when Yvonne admits she's going to make money out the
    redevelopment.

Tommy is furious with Judith and insists that Luke only went after her to get
    at him until Judith admits she chased him. The Dillon children speculate that
    Tommy has cheated again but meanwhile an upset Tommy can't control himself and
    attacks Luke in the street.

Sunday January 6th

Judith is shocked when Neasa reveals that they think Tommy has cheated again.
    Tommy meanwhile is annoyed to return home and find Luke pleading for Judith to
    leave him. Will the kids find out what really happened and will Judith really
    give up her marriage?

Jo and Dermot are finding the new living arrangements difficult but set up a
    rota to organise their time. Carol, Jo, Niamh and Orla meanwhile are having a
    girls afternoon for Jo's birthday and Dermot is surprised to find them all back
    in his living room. It soon ends up in another row and JO si upset when everyone
    leaves.

Cass all set to leave for his adventure and is annoyed that Bela has made
    plans to visit Rita. Bela cancels so he can join Cass in having his send off but
    Yvonne has to interrupt the party with some sad news.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭lucretiaborgia

I can't understand why Yvonne is acting like a right cow towards Carol. If I remember correctly, she was really friendly towards her in the lead up to the abandoned wedding with Louie, stopping the likes of Bob and Renee from spilling the beans on Louie. Did I miss something :confused:

I can't understand why Yvonne is acting like a right cow towards Carol. If I remember correctly, she was really friendly towards her in the lead up to the abandoned wedding with Louie, stopping the likes of Bob and Renee from spilling the beans on Louie. Did I miss something :confused:
    It's Fair City, nothing makes sense. There's more continuity in an out-of-control time machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

I highly doubt that tonights episode will be super duper thrilling, so hows about we finish off another year in Carraigstown with our favourite moments of 2012?

I will kick it off with Stephen in the tinsel wig at the caddle/louie hen/stag party.

I highly doubt that tonights episode will be super duper thrilling, so hows about we finish off another year in Carraigstown with our favourite moments of 2012?

I will kick it off with Stephen in the tinsel wig at the caddle/louie hen/stag party.

FC is not on tonight new years day its on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Cathyht

Disappointing! I came on this thread checking if I'd missed it tonight, after last night's very good episode. I think tomorrow will be better than Christmas Day's episode. :) Hopefully 2013 will be a better year on FC.

• Advertisement

It's Fair City, nothing makes sense. There's more continuity in an out-of-control time machine.

OK thanks for that. I guess its just FC being FC then :rolleyes:

Dermot finding out about Jo's carrying on with Tommy. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Is it true that the character of Flynn is nicer than Don Baker who plays him?

Happy New Year to everyone!

OK thanks for that. I guess its just FC being FC then :rolleyes:

No, you're right, if anything Carol should be the one angry with Yvonne for helping to kick Carol out of the pub. As regards Yvonne's dubious 'Customer Relations', who would want to visit a business to encounter that scowling face and abusive tongue? No other person would get away with the way she treats customers (the Christmas party groups that went to The Station) or staff (verbally attacking Orla in front of customers). Even Stephen has gone into hiding rather than face her fiery wrath, and he's a model employee. Isn't Yvonne supposed to be running Vino's? I can only assume she's run all the customers out as she spends so much time giving out to people in McCoys, speaking of which, has anyone noticed how few customers there are in McCoys since Yvonne took charge, all the regulars are now having their teas/coffees in the community centre and their nights out in The Station, Yvonne is the common denominator that ties it all together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭sffc

Service in the Spar is even worse - in fact Spar should look for their product placement money back :

Cass - have you got any Coriander leaves?

Val - what do you think this is - a garden center?

and Christy stands idly by? ??

From looking at the spoilers on digital spy, Yvonne is really going to hit rock bottom in bitchiness next week.

From looking at the spoilers on digital spy, Yvonne is really going to hit rock bottom in bitchiness next week.
    good i hope she does , she has been looking after her mother and father on her
    own all this time when the rest come back to annoy her i should know im in the
    same situation

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Meanwhile, Yvonne is shocked when she learns that Suzanne wants to stay in Australia and will leave Yvonne to look after Vinos and Bela on her own.

That should make a few people happy. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭maurasmith50

sffc wrote: »
    Service in the Spar is even worse - in fact Spar should look for their product placement money back :

Cass - have you got any Coriander leaves?

Val - what do you think this is - a garden center?

and Christy stands idly by? ??

Val should be in Mrs. Browns Boys. Distinctly unfunny Pantomime :mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement