Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v2]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭iceblue

did anyone else notice dr dillion had carefully arranged her christmas cards on a string across the cooker? clever thing for a doctor to do?....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Jesus a wife sharing story line coming up :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Cathyht

First time I saw youtube funny fair city, this one is great esp at 5:52, hilarious LMAO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmudbMAoCl8

• Registered Users Posts: 44 averageperson

jjf1974 wrote: »
    ya but every marrage in fair city seems to be doomed:D

I can't think of any long-term relationships in FC that have been faithful on both sides, except maybe Charlie in both his marriages.

Tommy had an affair with Jo. Judith had an affair with Luke. Louis had an affair with Carol while she was engaged to Christy. Bob had an affair with Renee while she was married to Christy. Renee later had an affair with Turlough while with Bob. Louis had an affair with Ingrid while engaged to Carol. Paul was unfaithful to Niamh with Yvonne, who was at that time being unfaithful to her lesbian lover, the woman she was seeing behind louis' back... Damien had an affair with Neasa while married to Suzanne. Robyn had an affair with Paul while she was with Jimmy. Dean played around on Sash with Caoimhe, and ditched Kylie after an affair with Tracey...

This is just a list off the top of my head, there are many more liaisons involving Leo, Bela, Barry, Niamh, Yvonne, etc. Yet nobody bears a grudge for too long - Bob and Christy for example are best of buddies, Niamh and Yvonne seem to get along pretty well at times too. Nearly everyone has been in bed with everyone else over the years...God forbid that anyone ever brings a dose of genital warts or chlamydia to Carrigstown...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭Devildoll84

I can't think of any long-term relationships in FC that have been faithful on both sides, except maybe Charlie in both his marriages.

Tommy had an affair with Jo. Judith had an affair with Luke. Louis had an affair with Carol while she was engaged to Christy. Bob had an affair with Renee while she was married to Christy. Renee later had an affair with Turlough while with Bob. Louis had an affair with Ingrid while engaged to Carol. Paul was unfaithful to Niamh with Yvonne, who was at that time being unfaithful to her lesbian lover, the woman she was seeing behind louis' back... Damien had an affair with Neasa while married to Suzanne. Robyn had an affair with Paul while she was with Jimmy. Dean played around on Sash with Caoimhe, and ditched Kylie after an affair with Tracey...

This is just a list off the top of my head, there are many more liaisons involving Leo, Bela, Barry, Niamh, Yvonne, etc. Yet nobody bears a grudge for too long - Bob and Christy for example are best of buddies, Niamh and Yvonne seem to get along pretty well at times too. Nearly everyone has been in bed with everyone else over the years...God forbid that anyone ever brings a dose of genital warts or chlamydia to Carrigstown...

Don't forget, Leo cheated on Sandy with Niamh. Niamh cheated on Barry with Paul, who cheated on her with ex Nicola, whom he cheated on with Helen, many years before. And don't get me started on that ould lothario Bela - he cheated on Rita too many times to remember :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,007 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Don't forget, Leo cheated on Sandy with Niamh. Niamh cheated on Barry with Paul, who cheated on her with ex Nicola, whom he cheated on with Helen, many years before. And don't get me started on that ould lothario Bela - he cheated on Rita too many times to remember :D
    he never cheated on the bell :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

Does anyone else think Yvonne is starting to morph into one of those angry birds?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSxzKbmMhlSwguMr2uwAosshNtIoU3IAhizZfktAXRYLRuSzl2uhA

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSzwcVbQ7aWN6Gr1ctO_v7DRhLd1aB2aNFCPDtM_UHk-9Di3Gns

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

vektarman wrote: »
    Does anyone else think Yvonne is starting to morph into one of those angry birds?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSxzKbmMhlSwguMr2uwAosshNtIoU3IAhizZfktAXRYLRuSzl2uhA

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSzwcVbQ7aWN6Gr1ctO_v7DRhLd1aB2aNFCPDtM_UHk-9Di3Gns

Still would though. She's even sexier when she's angry.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭wordsmithi

Carol's personality is back to its natural (pre-louie) self. Jo needs reminding that it is all her fault. Irritating and annoying as usual. Watching her and Dermot raise Ben is like watching children at a birthday party playing pass the parcel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

julyjane wrote: »
    I wonder will the Dillons get together for a roast next Sunday?

a spit roast maybe!!!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Jo is awful, just get rid!

wordsmithi wrote: »
    Carol's personality is back to its natural (pre-louie) self. Jo needs reminding that it is all her fault. Irritating and annoying as usual. Watching her and Dermot raise Ben is like watching children at a birthday party playing pass the parcel.

Carol's a bit of a stupid cow. She may be friends with Jo (is she?) but I don't see where her animosity to Dermot comes from. She's seen both sides of doing the dirt, you'd expect her to keep her massive gob shut. Particularly since she's probably a worse mother than Mrs. Brown.

dave1982 wrote: »
    Jesus a wife sharing story line coming up :eek:

Just reflecting real life. Every married adult I know has had at least one affair, and many people are dumped at the altar. Plus we all have a psycho in the family like Lucy and know a husband who has been abused by the wife, and a wife murdered by the psycho husband. Not to mention Floyd and the sister and the doctor etc. As I said, just reflecting real life...

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭DeniG2

nice_very wrote: »
    a spit roast maybe!!!! :D

Brilliant, absolutely brilliant! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

a0ifee wrote: »
    jo is possibly the most irritating character ever :mad:
    I used to think that.......but then there would be a scene with Bela whinging and moaning.

So no, Jo is only the second most irritating FC character ever. Bela ftw :pac:

DeepBlue wrote: »
    I used to think that.......but then there would be a scene with Bela whinging and moaning.

So no, Jo is only the second most irritating FC character ever. Bela ftw :pac:

Nah, charlies new wife, can't remember her name. Also the one that Christy is going out with - the one with the grey hair. Everyone else on the planet seems to know the son was in prison...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

Hitchens wrote: »
    he never cheated on the bell :D
    Was reeha allowed bring the bell to Luke's nursing home?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 averageperson

And Harry cheated on Dolores...and Dolores got up on the priest, who I guess was married to God...Wayne is a bigamist...Sandy had an affair with Dean, Leo's son...Macaleer had an affair with Annette while she was about to marry Barry...Orla had previously had an affair while dating Macaleer...

Could someone make a diagram mapping out all these links? Maybe ask NASA or David McWilliams?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Seen it in the shops today on the front of one of the soap magazines that Yvonne helps mags die by assisted suicide. Maybe she gets put away for that and that's how she will be written out of it.

TheTechGuy wrote: »
    Seen it in the shops today on the front of one of the soap magazines that Yvonne helps mags die by assisted suicide. Maybe she gets put away for that and that's how she will be written out of it.

You mean Rita? I thought Mags (charlies wife) was already dead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

Sounds like an assisted resurrection to me.

And Harry cheated on Dolores...and Dolores got up on the priest, who I guess was married to God...Wayne is a bigamist...Sandy had an affair with Dean, Leo's son...Macaleer had an affair with Annette while she was about to marry Barry...Orla had previously had an affair while dating Macaleer...

Could someone make a diagram mapping out all these links? Maybe ask NASA or David McWilliams?

Not to mention Floyd and the sister, the doctor and the secretary (leading to Ben).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

juan.kerr wrote: »

You mean Rita? I thought Mags (charlies wife) was already dead.
    Yeah sorry I mean Rita!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,007 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Was reeha allowed bring the bell to Luke's nursing home?

the bell has it's own room, or so I've been tolled! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭cold case

That scene when Jo barges in on Dermot and Maeve in the Kitchen was like a mother interrupting two teenagers saying I hope you clear that up. And Dermot answers her with "I am ya!", as if he was 14. I thought she would remind him to finish his homework.

And that Maeve is using witchcraft with the handbag - on her shoulder, off her shoulder, and it was bundled up with her coat and superscarf when she was scarpering out the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭AhInFairness

I don't think it's assisted suicide. Instead
    Yvonne admits that she signed a 'Do Not Ressucitate' order for Rita.
    Which doesn't go down well with Bela.

I don't think it's assisted suicide. Instead
    Yvonne admits that she signed a 'Do Not Ressucitate' order for Rita.
    Which doesn't go down well with Bela.

When was Rita's last appearance on Fair City?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Lorna123

I really like Jo and I am thrilled that she is now refusing to leave the house, as if any mother would leave her son behind and just get out. Dermot has turned very bossy, he usen't be like this. I suppose the way is open now for Jo and Tommie, Judith and Luke, although I don't know what Judith sees in Luke. Judith is so attractive in comparison. I like Tommie though even though he is a rogue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Cathyht

Jo was staying back "to tidy up" after the Connect 4 game if Ben went up ahead to the bath. Then she gave out to everyone, clappy rubbed her hands together as if she'd done a day's work, and went upstairs, leaving the connect 4, and a messy room. Then Maeve sat down on Jo's handbag.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭wordsmithi

cold case wrote: »
    That scene when Jo barges in on Dermot and Maeve in the Kitchen was like a mother interrupting two teenagers saying I hope you clear that up. And Dermot answers her with "I am ya!", as if he was 14. I thought she would remind him to finish his homework.

In her married days, Jo had to be the centre of attention at all times. Dermot had to march to her tune. Dermot would be better off going to Maeve's house or book into a hotel to keep away from his ever present ex.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement