Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v2]

Options

Comments

juan.kerr wrote: »
    When was Rita's last appearance on Fair City?

THIS

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭jenny wren 1950

Lorna123 wrote: »
    I really like Jo and I am thrilled that she is now refusing to leave the house, as if any mother would leave her son behin;)

l have always liked jo too:) but I prefer luke to tommy ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

In 1967 I think. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 30 baaah

I think she was last onscreen about 3/4 years ago when Suzanne married Damien. She had a stroke or something during the wedding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Cathyht

Jo is prettier now, it's very strange if you look back at the Magda days on youtube, you can see how much Jo has improved. I was looking at the youtube voiceover skits on FC and it's scary how much some of them have gone downhill in even 5 years or so, Keith etc. Another thing I noticed was how much BETTER Orla's acting was some years back when she was living with the then beautiful slender Niamh. I know none of us are getting younger, but some of them have aged 12 - 15 years since 2008.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭L0ui5e

Judy and Luke's affair will be short lived now that RAW is back on screen and Luke will be banged up for Pavel's tear-jerking demise :p Mwwwaahahahahah...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Lorna123

L0ui5e wrote: »
    Judy and Luke's affair will be short lived now that RAW is back on screen and Luke will be banged up for Pavel's tear-jerking demise :p Mwwwaahahahahah...

What is RAW?
    Who is Pavel ?

• Registered Users Posts: 86,156 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

TheTechGuy wrote: »
    Seen it in the shops today on the front of one of the soap magazines that Yvonne helps mags die by assisted suicide. Maybe she gets put away for that and that's how she will be written out of it.

Is Ciara who plays Yvonne leaving?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

L0ui5e wrote: »

Who is this Luke of which you speak? I know there is a Blackie in Fair City and RAW but am not familir with this Luke...

Am I the only one who will always see him as Blackie?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Let's hope not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,007 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Who is this Luke of which you speak? I know there is a Blackie in Fair City and RAW but am not familir with this Luke...

Am I the only one who will always see him as Blackie?

No, he's Blackie Connors ...forever more.

But where is his sidekick Johnny Connors? Surely they could write him in? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Hitchens wrote: »

Tis Julia I want to see back, she'd show Judith what's what

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭sffc

Lisha wrote: »

Which brings us nicely to the fact that Luke ( like Pete!) is still married ! The story of his messy divorce and hiding the money has disappeared for now ( like Charley Bishop's infertility) . Wonder will we ever see them again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭maurasmith50

Hitchens wrote: »

Johnny is now in charge of Pavee Point, isn't he?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Johnny is now in charge of Pavee Point, isn't he?

He's definitely connected with them/spokesperson or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,156 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

So does Carol know Jo cheated on Dermot with Tommy?

I know Orla and Niamh know

I used confuse Barry with Dermot, now Barry is gone and Dermot has lost the cheerful little roundy face, things just aren't the same. I hate vicious, rough Dermot. You can miss a lot of shenenigans if you don't see FC for a month, who really DOES know about Jo and Tommy's affair? I remember the affair, ploughing etc., but I must have missed a lot of episodes at the beginning of last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Long Room Hubba

According to the RTE Guide.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Long Room Hubba

Cathyht wrote: »
    I remember the affair, ploughing etc., but I must have missed a lot of episodes at the beginning of last year.

There was certainly plenty of that...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭Devildoll84

Lisha wrote: »

Julia was Johnny's wife and Blackie's sister - I think you mean Peggy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭ubs69

is keith a real mechanic ? i think this is him http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4261732

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

TheTechGuy wrote: »
    Seen it in the shops today on the front of one of the soap magazines that Yvonne helps mags die by assisted suicide. Maybe she gets put away for that and that's how she will be written out of it.

I didn't think it was assisted suicide, I think she signed a "Do Not Resucitate" order. They've already covered assisted suicide with Dr Brendan and Floyd.
    Wasn't aware that Yvonne was leaving...

Not to mention Floyd and the sister, the doctor and the secretary (leading to Ben).

The secretary, Deirdre, who was IIRC with Ken Fahey (Dermots brother) at the time..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 454 ✭✭Israel_Dagg

ubs69 wrote: »
    is keith a real mechanic ? i think this is him http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4261732

AHHHH :D:D :pac::pac::pac:

Lorna123 wrote: »
    as if any mother would leave her son behind and just get out

As if any mother would have an affair and not give a hoot about the consequences it would have on her childs life if aforementioned affair came to light :rolleyes:
    Glad Dermot has grown a pair. He should move in with Maeve (isn't there a free room in her gaff now that Finn has gone?) or the flat in Vinos and let Jo spend the time with her precious Binjamin. She had some cheek saying it to Dermot about childcare arrangements - he was able to hold down a job, hook up with Maeve and still have time with his son when she was in Cork.

As if any mother would have an affair and not give a hoot about the consequences it would have on her childs life if aforementioned affair came to light :rolleyes:
    Glad Dermot has grown a pair. He should move in with Maeve (isn't there a free room in her gaff now that Finn has gone?) or the flat in Vinos and let Jo spend the time with her precious Binjamin. She had some cheek saying it to Dermot about childcare arrangements - he was able to hold down a job, hook up with Maeve and still have time with his son when she was in Cork.

Dermot won't move because, as is painfully obvious, he staked a claim to the house and totally denied Jo her rights. I don't call bullying and trying to control her, get her out of Dublin to suit him, "growing a set".

Dermot, like all single fathers, was given the support of all the sympathetic females around, to ensure his life went smoothly when Jo was banished to Cork. Even though he was more interested in himself, punishing Jo and, more recently, going off most of his free time with skull head than whether or not his child was happy.

He has spent numerous evenings and weekends away from Ben, on the weeks he actually had Ben. As Jo isn't working yet, she can't afford childcare. The story with people offering a helping hand, as well depicted on FC, is not the same when it's the mother left holding the baby. As minding the child is still seen here as primarily the mother's responsibility, duty, and nothing remarkable, no-one really jumps in to help her, as they do with great sympathy for single fathers. Imagine a father having to rear his child singlehandedly during school terms, which come to 27 weeks a year!! Dermot minds Ben a lot less now than when Jo was in Cork, he has no running of the house to worry about. It makes sense he mucks in with his son when Jo is trying to retrain and start fresh. Unlike Ingrid, she is choosing to work rather than live off him, he can't have it every way.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 averageperson

A lot of them have been thrown off the gravy train and now Yvonne is joining them...

First they came for Cleo and Robert
    But I didn't have a face limited to one scowling expression or a role limited to exhibiting Asperger's syndrome so I didn't speak up for them.

Then, they came for Barry and Sarah
    But I hadn't accidentally murdered anyone with huge orb-like eyes and buried them in the wilds of Wicklow so I didn't speak up for them.

Then they came for Keith and Finn
    But I hadnt suddenly discovered I had been adopted, sold my business and decided to roam the earth with my non-biological brother...so I didn't speak up for them.

Then they came for haggard old ugly Rita
    But I was not haggard or old or ugly, as long as you could ignore my George Hook-like squashy nose, so I didn't speak up for her.

Finally they came for me
    And there was no one to speak up for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭branie

I wonder how Bela will take it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Why can't Jo stop saying "Look it"? Serious question.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

I think Jo looks older than 40.

Edit: The actress, Rachel Sarah Murphy who plays her is only 29 or 30 according to Digital Spy :eek:
    Sept. 2011 - Fair City's Rachel Sarah Murphy has announced her pregnancy.

The 28-year-old, who plays Jo Fahey on the soap, revealed that she will take maternity leave from the Irish soap opera from December, with the baby expected in late January, reports The Evening Herald.

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.ie/showbiz/s95/fair-city/news/a340023/fair-city-actress-rachel-sarah-murphy-announces-pregnancy.html#ixzz2HECtUbXr

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement