Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v2]

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭leonidas83

Yah i agree, Caoimhe is muck as an actress, as if that storyline with herself and Decco wasnt hard enough to believe already, its laughable at this stage.

Paul and Orla are the best actors on the show, Paul because he's your typical sleazy wannabe inner city Dublin hardman who couldnt beat the wife if it came down to it really and Orla because she actually is a decent actress and a bit of a roide too. She can do better than your manno Keith imo, he looks like he's from the wrong side of tallaght and thats saying something

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Doesn't the guy who plays Dectective Deegan also drive a taxi in his spare time?

If the Fair City pay was in any way generous, I doubt he'd be working as a taxi driver as well.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭leonidas83

Doesn't the guy who plays Dectective Deegan also drive a taxi in his spare time?

If the Fair City pay was in any way generous, I doubt he'd be working as a taxi driver as well.

Yah but i wouldnt consider him a full time fair city actor in all fairness, he only seems to be come into the show every now and again, he probably does the taxi driving to help him financially when he has no storylines, not a bad actor though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭julyjane

I heard him on the radio before saying he likes driving a taxi because he likes getting out and meeting people. Because he also has FC he's probably not too stuck for money so he wouldn't be under as much pressure to make money as full time taxi drivers.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,160 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The actor who plays Denzo Bishop was on a skit in The Republic Of Telly last night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    The actor who plays Denzo Bishop was on a skit in The Republic Of Telly last night

Yeah I was trying to figure out where I saw him before, he seems better at the comic acting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭optogirl

Elmo wrote: »
    Yeah I was trying to figure out where I saw him before, he seems better at the comic acting.

seemed to me he was playing exactly the same character - even the tracksuit looked familiar!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 934 ✭✭✭C-J

I read somewhere that the actor who plays zumo has lost both of his parents even though he is still very young. Hes a terrific actor he has great potential, hopefully Fair City is a stepping stone for him. His parents would be very proud

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Murdoc90

Ben must really hate Girls Aloud

• Advertisement

Murdoc90 wrote: »
    Ben must really hate Girls Aloud

Nah. Only the ginger one :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Okocim

Those empty take away 'coffee' cups are starting to grate a bit at this stage. Early scene tonight Pete should have 'burned' himself with the coffee spill which would have resulted as he went to gesture with the hand he was holding the coffee cup in during a conversation with Dolores. Also at home when talking to Orla he actually 'drank' from the cardboard empty coffee cup with the lid still on it before leaving. :eek::eek::eek:

Think a reunion is on the cards between Damien and Suzanne...a Christmas storyline, seems that Yvonne is trying to push them together ...and what Yvonne wants, she usually gets. Suzanne to relapse into her husband beating ways after the baby is born in May next year. Damien to retalitate this time and hit her back creating 'drama' for the summer months. Damien to finally crack and confess all to Dolores in the autumn, Dolores to say ''I told you so'' go to social services, and the baby to be taken into care by social services and eventually fostered out to Dermot & Joe who will have broken up and got back together between now and then. :)

You heard it here first folks! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Sunday, October 23
    Philip realises that Kelly only wanted to stay because of him. When she learns that he is going back to his mum, she wants to leave the Faheys' too. However, he chastises her, saying that she'll never get better foster parents than the Faheys.

Later, Philip says goodbye to the Hungry Pig and all in Carrigstown. Philip kisses Dearbhla before he bows out, and Jo does her best to try and stay positive when he leaves.

Meanwhile, Orla tries her best to integrate herself back in by making breakfast for all in Number 12, but it doesn't go down well. She soon goes back to her old ways when she refuses to keep to the rota. They are also shocked to learn that she is not at work in Acorn cabs and is diverting all calls to her phone.

Orla gives Keith a phone and tells him to answer the diverted calls from Acorn cabs. When he fails to do, so she gives out to him and he loses it with her.

Elsewhere, Damien's crush on Lucy is noted by all in Vinos, including Suzanne, and Wayne tries to keep his jealousy at bay when he learns that Damien and Lucy are going on another date. However, Lucy breaks things off with Damien when she learns that he has a wife and accuses him of not being honest.

Damien gets even more annoyed when he learns that Wayne is delighted they broke up, and events take a further twist when Lucy asks Wayne out.

Tuesday, October 25
    Yvonne is delighted to learn that David has agreed to support the baby, but Suzanne tells her that she wants to raise the child by herself. Yvonne worries that Suzanne won't be able to cope. Later, Yvonne watches suspiciously as Suzanne and Damien laugh and flirt together. She makes a comment to Damien about it and he tells her to back off, but she finally gets through to Suzanne by saying that Damien is beginning to act like the father of the baby.

As the day continues, Damien is hurt and frustrated when he learns that Dolores, Wayne and Yvonne are disapproving of his friendship with Suzanne. He calls to Suzanne's house to try and talk to her, but she tells him that he had his chance when they were together and she now wants him to keep his distance.

Meanwhile, Wayne chats to Damien, explaining what a brilliant date he had with Lucy. However, Dolores ruins the moment when she tells Damien that she was on the 'date' with Wayne as well and it was only a friendly chat between the three of them.

Elsewhere, Christy and Sean load the rest of the stock from Phelans' into a van, as Christy is rebuilding the shop to make it a mini market shop. Later, Deegan is shocked to learn that Christy is now going to be staying with him while Ray is away in Italy. The pair start getting used to one another as flatmates and begin to enjoy domestic bliss. However, this is short-lived when Christy is forced to store his stock in the flat.

Also today, Sash meets with Decco and tells him that she will be going home soon as her mum is getting out of rehab, while Judith finally caves and allows Dearbhla to have a Halloween party in the house.

Wednesday, October 26
    Damien and Suzanne meet in the street, but Damien snubs her. Lucy sees this and when she asks Wayne what happened to their marriage, Wayne betrays Damien's trust and tells her what Suzanne did. Later, Damien chats to Pete and admits that guilt drove him to try and be close to Suzanne. He tells him that he feels responsible for her miscarriage and doesn't want to cause her any upset now.

As the day continues, Damien bumps into Lucy but is angered when she tries to console him about his violent marriage. He storms down to Vinos and tells Suzanne that he wants a separation. She tries to talk to him, but he refuses to engage with her.

Suzanne tells a furious Yvonne that she expects her to cover for her pregnancy leave, as she did the same for her. Later, Suzanne and Yvonne fight again about the unborn baby. Suzanne realises that when she has the baby she'll need to move out of the flat, so she tells Yvonne that she's better off without her and storms off.

Meanwhile, Robert doesn't go for his daily lunch to McCoy's and Sash realises that she misses him. She asks Wayne to get Robert to come to McCoy's tonight. She tells Wayne that she doesn't want him to break his routine and later agrees to have a goodbye drink with Robert.

Elsewhere, Deegan is horrified to discover that the flat has become a 'shop' as Christy is selling things from the boxes, while Neasa and Dearbhla are forced to come to a compromise so the Halloween party can go ahead.

Thursday, October 27
    Sash's excitement over starting a new life with her mother is heightened when she learns that her mum is leaving rehab early. She rushes to the rehab centre to meet her and gratefully takes a lift from Decco. He waits for her as she goes in to collect her mother, but she comes back devastated saying that her mum has left early and is drinking. A vulnerable Sash decides to go home to her mum's flat and wait for her.

Later, Robert is stood up by Sash for their going away drink and he realises that there is something wrong with her. He goes looking for Sash and when she tells him what happened with her mum, he says that she can't waste her life looking after her mother as it won't change her addiction. Sash then chats to Decco and tells him that Carrigstown is a good place for her to live and she wants to stay.

Meanwhile, Damien and Yvonne feel bad about their horrible treatment of Suzanne and realise they need to be kinder to her during her pregnancy. Later, Damien tells Suzanne that he will postpone the separation until after the baby arrives and save her from any stress. Yvonne also agrees an uneasy truce with Suzanne.

Elsewhere, Lucy learns from Dolores that Wayne and Damien fell out and she needs to mend things between them. Later, Lucy bumps into Wayne and he happily accepts an invitation to have lunch with her in Vinos. But he is tricked when he arrives and finds Damien there as well. Lucy tells them that they can't fall out as it will be ridiculous, so they agree to be friends, much to Lucy and Dolores's delight

Meet the Actors:
    Ask Rachel Sarah Murphy a question!

We will be interviewing Rachel Sarah Murphy, who plays Jo Fahey, and we want you to supply the questions.

Jo is an honest and caring woman whose focus is on family and the community. She is a loving mother to Ben, gave a foster home to Philip and she also volunteers in the Helping Hand. However like anything in Carrigstown, all is not exactly it seems.

Jo has had an affair with Tommy and has even tried to make a personal profit from donations to the Helping Hand. With Dermot's finances forcing her to bend the rules and her affair threatening to become public, can this veneer of integrity really survive?

If you would like to ask Rachel Sarah anything please email your questions to faircity@rte.ie, with subject line, "MTA Rachel Sarah Murphy", or tweet your questions to @RTEFairCity.

We will select the best questions and put them to her. The deadline for questions is Friday 21st October 2011.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

in case anyone wanted to see that skit with "denzo" in it:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUZN75BM7LU

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 86,160 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

It is a shame to see so many of their cast being reduced like this, in the last while, we have lost Denzo, Sarah, Barry and
    Philip
    and yet we get no mention of Doug, Caitriona, Duncan by any of their friends or family :confused:

Come to think of it, did Felix even get a departure storyline :confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭optogirl

angel01 wrote: »
    It is a shame to see so many of their cast being reduced like this, in the last while, we have lost Denzo, Sarah, Barry and
    Philip
    and yet we get no mention of Doug, Caitriona, Duncan by any of their friends or family :confused:

Come to think of it, did Felix even get a departure storyline :confused::confused:

ah Felix - I still like to go back and look at his boards postings where he called himself 'Buff' and raved about what a great actor he is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭ameliajane

I am looking forward to Esther's reaction to Suzanne's news. Her baby will not be much younger than baby Ruth who is her niece. I wonder will Yvonne show any maternal instinct towards her own forgotten daughter and Suzanne's new baby?

Could anybody please tell me who the girl is who turned up last night looking for Dolores? I tend to have a love/hate relationship with FC so there was a time when I didn't watch it for a while.

PS What are the odds that this girl is going to end up with Damo? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Could anybody please tell me who the girl is who turned up last night looking for Dolores? I tend to have a love/hate relationship with FC so there was a time when I didn't watch it for a while.

PS What are the odds that this girl is going to end up with Damo? :rolleyes:

She was the girl who Dolores met at a donor meeting, Dolores thought she had her daughters donation of the eyes. Dolores gave her money I believe.

Not the only one she could end up with either :D

optogirl wrote: »
    ah Felix - I still like to go back and look at his boards postings where he called himself 'Buff' and raved about what a great actor he is.

Whaaaaaat?

Murdoc90 wrote: »
    Whaaaaaat?

Yep, he posted undercover and talked about how great he was .... did make me laugh :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭IsMiseLisa

Yep, he posted undercover and talked about how great he was .... did make me laugh :D

SERIOUSLY? omg, any chance someone can find any of his posts or even what his username was? Probably waay too far back, but it's worth an ask. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

ughhhhh.... i dislike stroppy teenagers.......

hahahahaha what an idiot!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

ughhhhh.... i dislike stroppy teenagers.......

That Kelly one is giving me a pain the the ****.

IsMiseLisa wrote: »
    SERIOUSLY? omg, any chance someone can find any of his posts or even what his username was? Probably waay too far back, but it's worth an ask. :D

Here is his profile page:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=329357

:D:D

Ste- wrote: »

This may come as no surprise then... she comes from the actress who play's Jo's acting school :D

• Advertisement

Ste- wrote: »

Yeah she's such a....drag

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement