Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v2]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

angel01 wrote: »
    This may come as no surprise then... she comes from the actress who play's Jo's acting school :D

tumblr_ldp3jukzHo1qb9a2wo1_500.png

i know there's real people out there like that but jaysus.......i wouldn't last 2 minutes in a room with that young wan

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom Girl

That is ridiculous.. How did people figure out it was him? :eek:
    Missed tonight's episode :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

That is ridiculous.. How did people figure out it was him? :eek:
    Missed tonight's episode :(

He kept on and on about Felix and how great he was... it was funny, we went to the set tour and mentioned it to the cast and they knew about it as well! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom Girl

[

He kept on and on about Felix and how great he was... it was funny, we went to the set tour and mentioned it to the cast and they knew about it as well! :D

Haha that's brilliant!
    Anyone else think Kelly looks about 25? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

Whats going on with Orla and Leo. Is she just working for him or is there something else going on? Is Leo going to go up against Keith for Orla?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭unitedrover

Seem to have lost interest in Fair City lately. None of the storylines excite me and are far too boring:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Haha that's brilliant!
    Anyone else think Kelly looks about 25? :p

I was thinking that myself tonight. She's definitely older than 15. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭optogirl

he was posting as jishouse at that stage - think Gibson101 was a later creation once he got rumbled

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=65090769

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭rogercar

Seem to have lost interest in Fair City lately. None of the storylines excite me and are far too boring:eek:

I agree. tedious, boring and predictable. It is so annoying, eg. everytime Damian appears in a scene, inevitabley Lucy will bump into him or vice versa. There is no drama, no tention. Fair City for me is just one big bore at the moment.

optogirl wrote: »
    he was posting as jishouse at that stage - think Gibson101 was a later creation once he got rumbled

Oh you are right, I had forgotten :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Eradicate

rogercar wrote: »
    I agree. tedious, boring and predictable. It is so annoying, eg. everytime Damian appears in a scene, inevitabley Lucy will bump into him or vice versa. There is no drama, no tention. Fair City for me is just one big bore at the moment.

I agree! I switched off as a regular viewer when the Bishops became a regular fixture on the show. Actors like that are what give the show the terrible name it has

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭rogercar

Eradicate wrote: »
    I agree! I switched off as a regular viewer when the Bishops became a regular fixture on the show. Actors like that are what give the show the terrible name it has
    I disagree. the Bishops make FC for me. They should appear, or some of them at least in every episode. I love all the Bishops. I particularly like Zumo, hope Denzo soon returns! Actually I hope all the Bishops soon return!

rogercar wrote: »
    I disagree. the Bishops make FC for me. They should appear, or some of them at least in every episode. I love all the Bishops. I particularly like Zumo, hope Denzo soon returns! Actually I hope all the Bishops soon return!

Agree with you. The Bishops were what got me watching. Now that theres more focus on people like Dermot and Jo and Carol and that mayor job its just not that interesting and wouldnt put myself out of my way to watch it.

Strange one..wasnt following this thread that long ago. How did he get rumbled then??

• Registered Users Posts: 86,160 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Epicurus wrote: »
    Whats going on with Orla and Leo. Is she just working for him or is there something else going on? Is Leo going to go up against Keith for Orla?

Orla should get with Damo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭xalot

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Orla should get with Damo

Totally agree, they'd make a really fun couple.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭sue z

ah Felix - I still like to go back and look at his boards postings where he called himself 'Buff' and raved about what a great actor he is.

Where are these??? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭sue z

sue z wrote: »
    Where are these??? :D

Found them! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 934 ✭✭✭C-J

I think orla and damien would be a good short term couple but dear god the girl would buy and sell him! Think she needs someone like mcaleer or even leo as painful as that would be to watch! Really like Damien and Orla as characters though so i'm glad they've been getting a bit more air time lately

I have caught up with the episodes, not a great week in the show to be honest but I have the following comments:

I have enjoyed watching Wayne & Damien, they have a good chemistry and bounce well off each other and I was laughing when I saw Wayne's face when he realised him & Damo were after the same girl :D:D

Wayne does comedy really well and it is really nice to see Damien happy again, though at the back of my mind, I do like seeing him & Suzanne getting closer :o

The situation with Pete is ridiculous, who's house are they living in, I originally thought Pete owned it but then they were talking about him only being the leaseholder? surely if Orla isn't paying her rent, someone is having to cough up her portion of the rent and I can't see their landlord being too happy??

What I hate about Fair City is I remember that one that Christy and Ray was after popping up in nearly every scene and then they do it all over again with this one, Lucy, she was in nearly every scene.... :rolleyes:

I did enjoy the Jo & Dermot storyline with the foster kids, even though that Kelly one is really irritating...:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

I have to say that I like Kelly. Perhaps it's because I'm a dub, but I love the Bishops too - I do think most of their 'Dublin' characters, are playing themselves (if that makes sense). But there's nothing worse than someone trying to put on a Dublin, or Irish accent, if they aren't from that part of the world!

My lad is currently doing some drama stuff - and at a recent 'Talent Show', I noticed that all of the Dublin accents were completely OTT - the group are all from the northside of Dublin anyway, but even THEY over-emphasise their dublin accents when putting on a drama show..I never really get that.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭Carstuck

I have caught up with the episodes, not a great week in the show to be honest but I have the following comments:

I have enjoyed watching Wayne & Damien, they have a good chemistry and bounce well off each other and I was laughing when I saw Wayne's face when he realised him & Damo were after the same girl :D:D

Wayne does comedy really well and it is really nice to see Damien happy again, though at the back of my mind, I do like seeing him & Suzanne getting closer :o

The situation with Pete is ridiculous, who's house are they living in, I originally thought Pete owned it but then they were talking about him only being the leaseholder? surely if Orla isn't paying her rent, someone is having to cough up her portion of the rent and I can't see their landlord being too happy??

What I hate about Fair City is I remember that one that Christy and Ray was after popping up in nearly every scene and then they do it all over again with this one, Lucy, she was in nearly every scene.... :rolleyes:

I did enjoy the Jo & Dermot storyline with the foster kids, even though that Kelly one is really irritating...:(

I think the house is Adam's mother house. She moved abroad I think and Pete and Doug started to wait in the house with Adam as he didn't want to move.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Wayne is going to get his hole tonight:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

Yep, he posted undercover and talked about how great he was .... did make me laugh :D

I'd swear Una from Fair City done that on Weddings Online , it was in Off Topic so nothing to do with weddings and I posted about how Una annoyed the life out of me and suddenly a new account was opened by someone saying how great she was a what a lovely person and blah blah.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

Good episode tonight i thought.
    What is Lucy's deal? I reckon she is gonna try con Dolores out of more money.
    Wayne has no morals! He wanted to try it on with Lucy, only a couple of hours after she cooled things with HIS BEST MATE! Who needs enemies when you have friends like that???
    I thought the actress who plays Dearbhla looked very uncomformtable when Philip kissed her.

Carstuck wrote: »
    I think the house is Adam's mother house. She moved abroad I think and Pete and Doug started to wait in the house with Adam as he didn't want to move.

I dont remember Adam , who was he ??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Karen23 wrote: »
    I dont remember Adam , who was he ??
    000335c2-279.jpg
    Adam was a friend of Doug (Pete's son). He was always egging on Doug and getting him into trouble.

Thanks DeepBlue , I remember him now ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 86,160 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

DeepBlue wrote: »
    000335c2-279.jpg
    Adam was a friend of Doug (Pete's son). He was always egging on Doug and getting him into trouble.

I thought he wasnt Doug's friend (I think they hated/disliked each other) but both were friends of Sean and lived together when their parents hooked up

Kinda a shame Philip leaves when he just got interesting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭blondie7

I hope Philip isn't gone for good, was a bit of a stupid way for him to leave. Like his mother only lives in Blanchardstown and Carrigstown is near Drumcondra yes?? So would only be about 15/20 minutes away. No need for him to give up his job even!

Also that Kelly one is shocking, does anyone know if she is even a dub?? Cos that accent is very fake and not like any north side accent I've ever heard.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement