Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v2]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

angel01 wrote: »
    Just read this:

Thanks, nice one. Good investment for Spar.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

I am interested to see how they manage to get it to look as big as he imagines it will be, still should be good :) I know there can be lots of staff in these shops but judging by how small his shop originally was :eek:

I guess the downstairs living area of Phelan's house will be part of the shop and Christy will just have an apartment upstairs. He could possibly even use part of upstairs as a stock room and have the shop expand into the original stock room area.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

iguana wrote: »
    I guess the downstairs living area of Phelan's house will be part of the shop and Christy will just have an apartment upstairs. He could possibly even use part of upstairs as a stock room and have the shop expand into the original stock room area.
    There must be loads of space upstairs. Remember the whole Doyle family lived there at one stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

Judging by the size of Christys' new shop, how do they need 2 managers? Larger shops might need 2 managers but this is only gonna be a small shop!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭endakenny

Will Barry's trial even be mentioned in passing conversation in FC? Hiding the body doesn't necessarily mean that the killing is murder. Look at the Robert Holohan case. Barry could plead guilty to manslaughter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Alwayson

Not sure if sightings of Fair City characters are allowed here but I met Damien and Wayne in town last night. Both of them are very nice guys and they seemed genuinely interested in what I think of the show. I'm a big fan although I'm not sure I'm a typical fan - I'm male, 50 and from Cork - who knows, maybe there's no such thing as a typical fan. Anyway both very nice blokes - Wayne made me a nice mohito and Damien is coming round tonight to unblock the jacks :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Alwayson wrote: »
    Wayne made me a nice mohito and Damien is coming round tonight to unblock the jacks :-)

ah ffs, he's meant to be around here to paint my kitchen.. :mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭themandan6611

ah ffs, he's meant to be around here to paint my kitchen.. :mad::mad::mad:

give him a slap so, that'll teach him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

endakenny wrote: »
    Will Barry's trial even be mentioned in passing conversation in FC? Hiding the body doesn't necessarily mean that the killing is murder. Look at the Robert Holohan case. Barry could plead guilty to manslaughter.

They are renting out his house? When was this arranged? He won't even get a mention...:(

endakenny wrote: »
    It got mentioned tonight, its all over.

• Advertisement

They are renting out his house? When was this arranged? He won't even get a mention...:(
    Paul did not even say how long a sentence he got.
    God forbid the viewers might find out if he was convicted of murder or manslaughter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭ameliajane

Just want to reiterate my appreciation to those kind people for going to the trouble of sending warm wishes to me via pm and this thread when I wasn't well.
    It was a lovely gesture. Thank you! I am feeling much better now. If only I was younger I could at least have had the pleasure of a visit from the tooth fairy to make up for the toothache. I am just relieved it wasn't a front tooth causing the problem!
    Now to Fair City. Disliking Tommy's pathetic attempts to justify himself. Not too impressed with Judith's reaction really. Her verbal attack was great to watch but I would like to see Tommy being found out by the rest of his family. I am hoping Dermot is reading this thread. Will he ever find out?

Looking forward to Christy's shop taking centre stage with Val and Sean.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

give him a slap so, that'll teach him

I'll get Suzanne to hit him another few slaps..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

Christy and Val are SO gonna get together!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Finelli

Who else is missing the preview at the end of the midweek episodes?

What bright spark decided to discontinue these?

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭Carstuck

Finelli wrote: »

Missed that too last week. Don't know why they stopped it. It actually made the show more exciting for the next night.

Carstuck wrote: »
    Missed that too last week. Don't know why they stopped it. It actually made the show more exciting for the next night.

They are available on the RTE Fair City website :)
    Finelli wrote: »

RTE decided to change how they do the credits and now have these on the RTE website.

The preview always highlighted the key moments of the next episode. Without warning they suddenly disappeared. I know the Sunday episode didn't have that feature but it was disappointing when it continued throughout the week.
    I agree with the person who said that Dearbhla bears an uncanny resemblance to Judith. In Eastenders, I always saw a resemblance between Stacey and Jean. They were credible as mother and daughter. Clever casting.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭SoapFan27

max life wrote: »
    Judging by the size of Christys' new shop, how do they need 2 managers? Larger shops might need 2 managers but this is only gonna be a small shop!

Well from my experience of working in a relatively small Spar compared to the Eurospars now available, the shop opened from 7am to 10pm 7 days a week -this would be split into 2 shifts...7am to 4pm & 1pm to 10pm so there would be 2 managers per day, that was the way it was run where I used to work and would imagine it should be how Christys shop will work. As the managers are unlikely to work 7 days a week, Christy will have to step in to cover the shortfall when he is not managing the books/accounts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

i'm not liking the way they took the previews off and stuck them online instead.
    also not impressed by the person who tweets for fair city... they like the word yizzer alot... seems aimed at teens or something!!

i'm not liking the way they took the previews off and stuck them online instead.
    also not impressed by the person who tweets for fair city... they like the word yizzer alot... seems aimed at teens or something!!

They changed the person who did it a while back, worst mistake they made :(

max life wrote: »
    Christy and Val are SO gonna get together!:eek:

I was thinking it might be Leo and Val first.

Luckily I don't read the tweets! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

Luckily I don't read the tweets! :p

don't bother either! you'll only be cringing lol

as for leo........i still think that orla is going to get in there! :D

In fairness to the guy doing it, he is only finding his feet in the job, seems to be a nice guy to be honest. I miss Karen who used to do it though...

• Registered Users Posts: 86,171 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Jo is some awesome mother telling young children play outside by a main road that only a few months ago her son Ben was nearly knocked over by a car :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭SoapFan27

Fair play to Finn for being a match for Yvonne, loved seeing her being wrong footed, I wasn't expecting it!

• Advertisement

SoapFan27 wrote: »
    Fair play to Finn for being a match for Yvonne, loved seeing her being wrong footed, I wasn't expecting it!
    It would have been better if
    Finn had decided to stay and order some food.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement