Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v2]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86,171 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Dean makes a play for
    Sash
    next week :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Long Room Hubba

padd b1975 wrote: »
    It would have been better if
    Finn had decided to stay and order some food.

That would have been great. I bet she would have refused to serve him.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Dean makes a play for
    Sash
    next week :eek:

It was only a matter of time before he got round to her. Give it another few weeks and he'll probably be making a play for Granny Bishop ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

iguana wrote: »
    She was Grabbit in Pajo's Junkbox. Which did replace Anything Goes in 1986. I remember it because we'd just moved house and I got up the first Saturday after we moved convinced AG would be back after it's summer holidays and got Pajo instead. I was confused but got over it once Muppet Babies came on. Also I wrote to Pajo's Junkbox a couple of times and I got a goodie bag each time.

That's Val in the yellow jumper, clearly doing a segment on toilets with what looks like Bill Odie.
    031_023ae116b6e9ac94ec96f5ebe8c149032a2cdaa7.jpg

Might me wrong but I think Action Station Saturday replaced Anything Goes in 1986 - to be followed by Pajo's Junkbox in 1987.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

nlgbbbblth wrote: »
    Might me wrong but I think Action Station Saturday replaced Anything Goes in 1986 - to be followed by Pajo's Junkbox in 1987.

Pajo definitely started in 1986. I saw it the first week we moved house and brought my poster about how to write a letter, which I got from Pajo into show my 2nd class teacher. Action Station Saturday could have been on after Pajo because Pajo wasn't as long as Anything Goes.

• Advertisement

iguana wrote: »
    Pajo definitely started in 1986. I saw it the first week we moved house and brought my poster about how to write a letter, which I got from Pajo into show my 2nd class teacher. Action Station Saturday could have been on after Pajo because Pajo wasn't as long as Anything Goes.

ah - that makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

It was only a matter of time before he got round to her. Give it another few weeks and he'll probably be making a play for Granny Bishop ;)

Or Val ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

MY HEALTH EXPERIENCE : Fair City actor JIM BARTLEY 's dizzy spells turned out to be minor strokes

WHEN I started getting dizzy spells, I put it down to high blood pressure. My doctors have told me since that those dizzy spells I was having were mini- strokes or “events” as they call them. I have to laugh when I hear them talking about “events”. To me, an event sounds like something you would be taking part in during the Olympic Games.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/health/2011/1122/1224307942911.html

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭bingocat

I'm really liking the story-line's right now, I can't wait to see what happens next :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭iceblue

i cant imagine in real life that a couple would let their teenage daugher-whether shes doing the leaving or not- hold them to randsom like dervla is doing.... but then again nothing is real about fair city is it....! still loving tommy's stressed unshaven look!....also found the judith cancer scare storyline unrealistic too, a doctor being a drama queen like that? plus not knowing the difference between ibs and cancer? and this magic test she had? these scans and tests involved major prepreation for the patient days before it you cant eat anything and you have to drink vile stuff and take lots of tablets to clear out your bowel? its all horrendous. she was having lunch in a tapas bar on the morning she had her' unspecified' tests?...why dont they do things like this properally, or not at all....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 934 ✭✭✭C-J

Oh god i HATE having caoimhe back on the screen with her miserable face! Fair city was great without her! If anyone knows where neasas sequinned cardi is from let me know i love it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭ameliajane

An ultimatum at last from Judith. It took long enough. He really hasn't an ounce of respect for his wife. A good looking husband isn't everything! - that is the lesson from this storyline. I just hope Dermot's reaction will be worth waiting for. Orla sees euro signs when Leo is around. I think Val will have to be rejected by Leo before she considers Christy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Okocim

Oh Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo:eek::eek::eek:

Caoimhe's back :mad::mad::mad:

On a more positive note Dearbhla and Sean are working very well together..liked how they handled their scene at the end of Sunday's episode in McCoys.

Val, ...have decided she'll be ok in a few weeks when I get used to her....maybe...Can't wait to see herself and Cass in a few scenes together...some light relief from them two!! :)

Loved Christy trying to have a heart to heart with Sean about ''the ladies''...very realistic!!

Looks like Paul might soon be renting out the apartment to Tommy!!

C-J wrote: »
    Oh god i HATE having caoimhe back on the screen with her miserable face! Fair city was great without her! If anyone knows where neasas sequinned cardi is from let me know i love it!

I'm in a minority of one on this, but I like Caoimhe. I could do without a lot of the big characters, but I like people like Caoimhe and Yvonne, because they don't care who they mess around. They're bitchy and unpredictable, the way Carol or Tracey were before they went soft.

I think Caoimhe is my favourite of the Dillons. Dearbhla and Neasa are fine, but they're a bit whiny. You'd have more fun with Caoimhe.

Okocim wrote: »
    Oh Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo:eek::eek::eek:

Caoimhe's back :mad::mad::mad:

Haha! :eek:

Poor woman.

I'm in a minority of one on this, but I like Caoimhe. I could do without a lot of the big characters, but I like people like Caoimhe and Yvonne, because they don't care who they mess around. They're bitchy and unpredictable, the way Carol or Tracey were before they went soft.

I think Caoimhe is my favourite of the Dillons. Dearbhla and Neasa are fine, but they're a bit whiny. You'd have more fun with Caoimhe.

oh no i get that, i just cant stand her permanently scowling face and her acting really pales in comparison to most of the others! I never really got the point of the character of Dearbhla before but my god that girl can act, i hope we'll be seeing her in a lot more Irish dramas in the future. I now have to sky plus every scene caoimhe is in! I have a total girl crush on neasa though, but its confusing how her personality has totally transformed since her initial trysts with damien!

C-J wrote: »
    oh no i get that, i just cant stand her permanently scowling face and her acting really pales in comparison to most of the others! I never really got the point of the character of Dearbhla before but my god that girl can act, i hope we'll be seeing her in a lot more Irish dramas in the future. I now have to sky plus every scene caoimhe is in! I have a total girl crush on neasa though, but its confusing how her personality has totally transformed since her initial trysts with damien!

She's become a bit mumsy, hasn't she?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

She's become a bit mumsy, hasn't she?

All that "Derv" stuff from Neasa over the past few nights is all a bit nauseating.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

All that "Derv" stuff from Neasa over the past few nights is all a bit nauseating.
    So I wasn't the only one that found the "Derbh" stuff irritating.......

• Registered Users Posts: 86,171 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

You think Caoimhe isnt whiny :eek::confused:

The best of the Dillions are Judith and Dearbhla

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

don't forget fair city is on at 7.00 pm tonight xxxx

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

i think i deffo have a girl-crush on dearbhla :D

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    You think Caoimhe isnt whiny :eek::confused:

Fair point! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Mad Davy Kidd

!
    OddJobz wrote: »
    Is it any easier to enjoy Fair City if you are of below average intelligence?

I am considering having a lobotomy so that I can enjoy Fair City without having to resist the urge to put my foot through the television.

Ridiculous scripts, chronic acting, poor direction....

Eamon Morrissey and Brian Murray should hang their heads in shame that they have any connection to this programme at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭iceblue

if you dont like it dont watch it...simple. nobody is forcing you too.
    about 10 years ago my brother slagged the 's***e' out of me and my mother because we watched 'soaps' and they were thick and we were thick etc.... and i on one of the rare occiasions in my life actually stood up to my brother the 'smart a**e' and he never ranted about the link between watching soaps and being braindead again.

soaps provide a necessary function in todays society, and they are a part of our popular culture, i for one think that people who dont watch them- or claim they dont- think they are being superior and intellectual by not watching- this is total B****x.

its escapism. they are escapism. you take everything about them with a pinch of salt. its disposable telly. its nice to sit down for a couple of hours each evening and try and forget whats going on in the real world and one's own life for a while and watch someone else being miserable or whatever, thats all they are...they make us feel better about ourselves. and its instantally forgettable.

with fair city, i would put it at the bottom of the pile. there are a lot of disposable actors and storylines, and its more like a comedy show than a serious drama, in my opinion, but i like it. and i cant really explain why. its like my guilty pleasure. it reminds me of when i wached the first episode of father ted on channel 4 while wating for FRIENDS, and i didnt know whether to laugh or cry when i saw it.... but with regard to the actors on FC, i loved brian murray in brookside years ago, and i like him in this, ive never seen eamon morrissey in anything else, and i dont like his character, but in every soap there are a mixture of young and old characters to try and recreate the balance of a normal neighbourhood... so they have to exist. soaps have been going so long now that its hard to keep them original and create new storylines, but i think FC has managed to keep a unique spin on Dublin communities as they are today, quite well, all be it wrapped up with rose tinted glasses, but doesnt all the soaps have this poetic licence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭IsMiseLisa

I think I'm beginning to have a bit of a thing for Séan. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom Girl

IsMiseLisa wrote: »
    I think I'm beginning to have a bit of a thing for Séan. :D

Same even though he's a good bit younger than me I'd guess!

What was Neasa doing with the sewing machine??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Yeah spread your poison elsewhere Caoimhe.

deelite wrote: »
    don't forget fair city is on at 7.00 pm tonight xxxx

I really wish they'd stop messing around with Wednesday's transmission time and just show it at 8.00pm. It's really f*cking up people's lives.

• Advertisement

'messing up peoples lives'. . . Bit ott no?! Press a button on your remote an hour earlier, simples!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement