Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v2]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭rogercar

pavcro10 wrote: »
    Ok! I HAVE to say this! Because it is driving me NUTS!! I am sure the fair city office are aware of this thread and Anyone who thinks ANY of the bishops can act bar sash are seriously deluded and don't know anything about drama. OR anyone who thinks Caoimhe or jo or tommy or Finn are any good, haven't a clue! And are actually doing the show a disservice because the execs will think people will actually put up with this crap. Lads!! It a national soap! Watched by hundreds of thousands!! Raise the bar for christs sake!! The bishops and caoimhme are an embarrassment.
    You are entittled to your opinion. I still say the Bishops are the best thing about FC, and no, I am not deluded. I LOVE all the Bishops. Just wish there were afew more families like them in FC. I think the actress who plays Jo is fantastic. Also the actor who plays Tommie is very good, plays him nice and cool. You get the feeling from him, that he has done this before, ie. an affair. Yes I agree, there are afew dodgy "actors" in it and imo they bring the show down. I blame the writers mostly, afterall, the actors can only do their best with what is being given to them. And let's face it, in terms of decent dialogue and good drama, that's not alot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭ameliajane

I disliked Rebecca O'Leary and I was not too keen about Robin or Shelley. There are plenty of characters on the soap to form an opinion on anyway! I have to say that I still miss Helen Doyle in Fair City even though she is long gone. Rachel is thirteen now. It doesn't seem that long ago since she was in the hospital dying and Paul laid a rose beside her to the sound of the song "My heart will go on..." soundtrack from the film - 'Titanic'.
    A trip down memory lane!

• Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

ameliajane wrote: »
    I disliked Rebecca O'Leary and I was not too keen about Robin or Shelley. There are plenty of characters on the soap to form an opinion on anyway! I have to say that I still miss Helen Doyle in Fair City even though she is long gone. Rachel is thirteen now. It doesn't seem that long ago since she was in the hospital dying and Paul laid a rose beside her to the sound of the song "My heart will go on..." soundtrack from the film - 'Titanic'.
    A trip down memory lane!

Yes indeed. Thanks for that reminder. I think Doug could make a return from 'england' and wrok with Pete as he suggested tonight.

Also why not bring back Farrah..? She could knock some sense into her Da...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

max life wrote: »
    She never looks bad! Hottest chick in FC.

Yvonne Doyle...:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Eradicate

IsMiseLisa wrote: »
    Not a whole lot happened plot-wise for any characters that weren't the Bishops, but there were some amusing bits. I found the scenes in the Dowling's household to be quite endearing.

And Dean is a bit of alight altogether. Leo sure has attractive off-spring. :D

Enjoying the show at the mo. (lol! That rhymes!) it's light stuff but fun by comparison to enders and the street.

Dean is good looking, but he's going into the size of a whale. He's very fat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Why does almost everybody in Fair City end up going to Galway?? It seems to be the only county that the FC writers have heard of. I wonder if all the Fair City ex-pats who've been banished to Galway meet up every Christmas to have a drink and reminisce about Carrigstown in the rare ould times?

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭sue z

I have a feeling that Dermot will forgive Jo, and the family will move to Galway for the new job. Perhaps then return after Jos maternity leave saying it "didnt really work out".
    Perfect

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Shortwave radio listener

Why do siblings in fair city have different accents ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Why do siblings in fair city have different accents ?

I would suggest because they are actors and not actual siblings :D

The same thing happens in nearly all soaps. take the Platts in Corrie, they all have different accents :D

Fair City star Rachel Sarah Murphy has said fans of the soap will see her character Jo sink to "a new low" in the episode on RTÉ One tonight, Wednesday December 28.
    Desperate to keep her affair with Tommy (Geoff Minogue) secret from Dermot (Séamus Power), Jo urges Dermot to take up a job in Galway, knowing that their new foster children will be unable to join them.

She also uses other Carrigstown residents to try to persuade Dermot that a move west is the right one.

Actress Murphy says: "This is a new low for Jo. She has forced Dermot to accept a job in a different county so she can avoid the Dillons and the mistakes she has made. She has even put her own selfish needs ahead of the needs of their new foster children.

"It would kill Dermot if he knew the real reason behind this move.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭IsMiseLisa

Eradicate wrote: »
    Enjoying the show at the mo. (lol! That rhymes!) it's light stuff but fun by comparison to enders and the street.

Dean is good looking, but he's going into the size of a whale. He's very fat.

Dean is very fat? :eek: Judging by this evening's episode, he is looking very well - and certainly neither fat nor the size of a whale. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

Would somebody please tell me why Wayne -the best actor on the show - wasn't in the Xmas episode? I was sure it was because he was on a 3mth break and not being paid - but he was in it tonight...so WHY did they exclude him from Xmas day when he could have added so much to a very dreary episode:confused::confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭IsMiseLisa

Fittle wrote: »
    Would somebody please tell me why Wayne -the best actor on the show - wasn't in the Xmas episode? I was sure it was because he was on a 3mth break and not being paid - but he was in it tonight...so WHY did they exclude him from Xmas day when he could have added so much to a very dreary episode:confused::confused::confused:

Probably because he doesn't have a storyline and hasn't had one since that DREADFUL one with him his cougar love - y'know, the old woman with the dodgy wig.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,171 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I wanted to slap Jo and Judith tonight selfish b*tches Dermot is the only truly innocent one in all this :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭ameliajane

It definitely shows just how destructive dishonesty is in relationships. It has far reaching consequences. I know a little bit about how it is to be let down badly in life as a result of the selfish decisions a member of my family made in the past. The pain and disappointment seep into so many things. Perhaps, that is why I want Jo to face the music and I am having difficulty watching Dermot's inability to see what appears obvious.

I'm beginning to really dislike Dean...

I though the two foster kids acted it very well last night. I bet they weren't Billy Barry brats either...

I though the two foster kids acted it very well last night. I bet they weren't Billy Barry brats either...

Kelly is from Rachel Sarah Murphy's (Jo) school of acting..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

I thought it was just me who thought the Christmas show was awful, best part for me was Leo on his guitar.

deelite wrote: »
    I thought it was just me who thought the Christmas show was awful, best part for me was Leo on his guitar.

I am that biased, I can never think any episode of Fair City is awful but I thought a lot of it was quite entertaining. I loved the scenes with Val in it, I have warmed to her and I just adore Pete & Dolores so I was happy with those two being all happy again :)

Where has Damien gone?

• Advertisement

Guessing they didn't have a storyline for him.. he badly needs one :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭sh1tstirrer

I only watch it now and again. At the moment I am engrossed in it as I can't wait to see holier than thou Jo get her comeuppance when Dermot finds out about her dalliance :)

Someone on here said that Dolores must have raided Boscos dressing room for her hair colour. Jo must have raided 40 coats dressing room as she wears coats summer and winter. You man must have had some job digging through all her gantry when he had the dalliance with her :D

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭pavcro10

I'm beginning to really dislike Dean...

Yes. I am too. They have totally changed his character. I used to love his comedy scenes with Leo, Robert and Damien. And Tracey and Dean were my favourite all time FC couple. They had some great scenes together. But now, he's just this smug cocky womaniser. That scene last night in the back of McCoys, I mean please.

angel01 wrote: »
    Kelly is from Rachel Sarah Murphy's (Jo) school of acting..

Seriously? Very impressive...:)

pavcro10 wrote: »
    That scene last night in the back of McCoys, I mean please.

Amen... He does have good qualities. They're just not coming through at the moment...:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭endakenny

ameliajane wrote: »
    Perhaps, that is why I want Jo to face the music and I am having difficulty watching Dermot's inability to see what appears obvious.
    You cannot blame him for not realising what Jo has done, and is doing, to him, Ben, Kelly and Zoe. The idea that his wife would cheat of him simply hasn't entered his mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

angel01 wrote: »
    Where has Damien gone?

GALWAY, of course. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭endakenny

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I wanted to slap Jo and Judith tonight selfish b*tches Dermot is the only truly innocent one in all this :mad:
    Judith is one of the victims. She is trying to keep her family together. Inspite of the hurt that Tommy has caused, she is rising above it because Tommy is still the father of her children and she wants the children to respect him. She is not responsible for Jo's willingness to leave Kelly and Zoe in the lurch.

When Dearbhla backed Tommy into a corner, he told Jo that he would own up. Jo tried to persuade him to deny what Dearbhla would say but Tommy, inspite of being a philanderer, loves his children. In other words, Tommy refused to do what Jo suggested because it was a line that he would not cross.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,171 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

endakenny wrote: »
    Judith is one of the victims. She is trying to keep her family together. Inspite of the hurt that Tommy has caused, she is rising above it because Tommy is still the father of her children and she wants the children to respect him. She is not responsible for Jo's willingness to leave Kelly and Zoe in the lurch.

When Dearbhla backed Tommy into a corner, he told Jo that he would own up. Jo tried to persuade him to deny what Dearbhla would say but Tommy, inspite of being a philanderer, loves his children. In other words, Tommy refused to do what Jo suggested because it was a line that he would not cross.

I think Judith is more interested in keeping up appearances Tommy has strayed before and she still forgives him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Pretty Polly

Just spotted Stephen, the silent barman! Wouldn't it be great if he had a few more lines!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement