Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v2]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

angel01 wrote: »
    Kelly is from Rachel Sarah Murphy's (Jo) school of acting..

Are you sure ? She doesnt say "Ah shure lookit" and pronounces Dermish's name right :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Ah Christ .. how much of an idiot do the writers want to make out of Dermot's character.. ??

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Pretty Polly

Ah Christ .. how much of an idiot do the writers want to make out of Dermot's character.. ??

I know:rolleyes: They are making him look a bit thick alright!!

Where did Damien's sister Laura go by the way?

• Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

Wasn't Pete living with 'doug's friend's mother and on skid row financially..?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

Why were they all saying that Dearbhla made a scene?? She just walked out of the pub! How the hell is that "making a scene"? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭endakenny

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I think Judith is more interested in keeping up appearances Tommy has strayed before and she still forgives him
    Why is Judith worried about the idea of other people knowing that Tommy cheated on her? Surely, other people would be sympathetic towards her if they knew. Why would they belittle her for forgiving him? It's her marriage so it's her solely her decision whether or not to forgive him. People would respect that.

julyjane wrote: »
    When did Kenny Rogers throw a punch?

max life wrote: »
    Why were they all saying that Dearbhla made a scene?? She just walked out of the pub! How the hell is that "making a scene"? :confused:
    If you walk out of a crowded room while someone is speaking to the crowd, that is a snub. It's what happened when Michael McDowell addressed the Prison Officers Association conference. Not that I blame Dearbhla, of course.

Wasn't Pete living with 'doug's friend's mother and on skid row financially..?
    It was Adam whose mum Doug was in a relationship with. Doug and Adam couldn't stand each other at first but then they were united by their embarrassment at the sight of Adam's mum and Doug's dad smooching each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Okay I'm going to ask this question again where is Dolores getting all the money - now she's giving Wayne 30K - if she has seriously invested that wisely since harry died she should be our finance minister.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Where did Damien's sister Laura go by the way?

At the risk of repeating myself;

GALWAY, of course. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 86,171 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

endakenny wrote: »
    Why is Judith worried about the idea of other people knowing that Tommy cheated on her? Surely, other people would be sympathetic towards her if they knew. Why would they belittle her for forgiving him? It's her marriage so it's her solely her decision whether or not to forgive him. People would respect that.

To me Judith comes across as a person who cares and worries about what her neighbours would think about her and her family remember when they first arrived and the trouble Neasa caused with Bob, Judith didnt want anyone finding out that Neasa was a liar. I think Judith wants everyone to think she has the perfect life and family.

Kelly is right about Jo , not very caring for a foster mother she dont show much guilt or sorrow for abandoning Kelly and her sister Zoe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 MsCiara19

For the past 2 months the shows only been centered around 10 different characters really. Where is Finn, Keith, Damien gone to and Louis and Carol go on holidays every second week. Wayne isn't in it that much either and when he is its just a few lines here and there and then gone. I enjoy the show but think some actors need more screen time to be honest. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭Gingersnaps

MsCiara19 wrote: »
    For the past 2 months the shows only been centered around 10 different characters really. Where is Finn, Keith, Damien gone to and Louis and Carol go on holidays every second week. Wayne isn't in it that much either and when he is its just a few lines here and there and then gone. I enjoy the show but think some actors need more screen time to be honest. :D

Welcome to the FC thread.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 86,171 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

And some need way way less screen time *coughs* Caoimhe

I agree since the baby's birth Carol and Louis seem to be on constant holidays hopefully when Carol returns she should bring Tracey back with her and where is Robert gone to also?

Yeah i haven't seen Robert for a while either.
    Hmmh im thinking about Stephen again for some reason :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭IsMiseLisa

Does anyone know if there's any talk of a return for Hilda Fey? She's one I'd like to see back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

IsMiseLisa wrote: »
    Does anyone know if there's any talk of a return for Hilda Fey? She's one I'd like to see back.

Someone on here said she is pregnant again so I doubt she will be back any day soon.

It wasn't so long ago that it was the Niamh & Paul show, it is all swings and roundabouts, a lot of the cast have other priorities apart from Fair City, some do theatre work, some have their own acting schools/websites, some work in different countries so not all the cast will be available at any one time.

I think Damien hasn't had much screen time lately but I think he has been busy with his family, (think his wife recently gave birth) and Wayne has his own company: http://www.ipctv.ie/ so no doubt he is busy with that also...

IsMiseLisa wrote: »
    Just wondering, how long ago did she leave? Was it last Christmas or the Christmas before?

Just wondering, how long ago did she leave? Was it last Christmas or the Christmas before?

She left in May 2010

• Advertisement

deelite wrote: »
    Okay I'm going to ask this question again where is Dolores getting all the money - now she's giving Wayne 30K - if she has seriously invested that wisely since harry died she should be our finance minister.....

I suppose she is living off the sale off the garage, maybe Harry insurance policy, saved during her life, sale of her house..

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

I suppose she is living off the sale off the garage, maybe Harry insurance policy, saved during her life, sale of her house..

She'd be living off her widow's pension supplemented by the life assurance and proceeds from the sale of the business and house.

She left in May 2010
    I thought she left at Christmas. I remember her and Dean having a scene in the street in the snow and i thought thats when she left. Maybe its Kylie i was thinking of

Seems Ingrid may be back:
    "Vivienne's currently in talks with producers, but it's not 100pc and nothing has been finalised," a show insider revealed.

The former model (35) featured as sexy character Ingrid Gleeson on the Carrigstown hit and said she'd be delighted to take on a more permanent role on the RTE series.

"I absolutely loved it, they're unbelievable to work for -- it means long days, but it doesn't feel like work at all, it's a lot of fun," mum-of-two Vivienne (left) said.

"The last time I was given the news that I got the part it was at Christmas and it was a great way to start 2011.

"Obviously I'd be really chuffed to go back, it is one of the best gigs to get in Ireland."

I have also heard rumours that David is due back to Fair City in 2012.. would make sense with the pregnancy storyline going on ..

I thought she left at Christmas. I remember her and Dean having a scene in the street in the snow and i thought thats when she left. Maybe its Kylie i was thinking of

They were together for a good while after that, I loved the old Dean from back then :(

Rachel is accused of shoplifting. Airs Jan 5th.
    Niamh puts Orla on the spot when she asks if she can look after Rachel for the day. Orla reluctantly agrees, saying that Rachel can go into town with her and Caoimhe. Niamh tells Orla that she needs Rachel out of the house so she can plan a surprise party for her. Charlotte decides that she's going to join them as well.

At the department store, when Rachel leaves her bag hanging off a chair, Caoimhe slips make-up products into it. Charlotte spots this, but doesn't say anything. When they are leaving, security stop Rachel and bring her back in. Charlotte is secretly delighted that Rachel has been accused of shoplifting and doesn't help her friend or blame Caoimhe for it. Later, at the Brennans' house, everyone is horrified at the accusation that Rachel shoplifted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

The original Dean was way better.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭pavcro10

They were together for a good while after that, I loved the old Dean from back then :(

Yes! I've always said, that was an example of 2 actors in an unlikely relationship. But they made it work. Which is why I never buy the excuse "oh so and so is in a bad storyline". Ala Felix, when he came on boards to complain that the reason people thought he couldn't act was because the writers gave him that knitting story.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 OddJobz

does anyone else think vivienne looks like mary harney?...and whats with blonde streak like skunks arse in her hair?...is she just trying to vamp it up?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭IsMiseLisa

OddJobz wrote: »
    does anyone else think vivienne looks like mary harney?...and whats with blonde streak like skunks arse in her hair?...is she just trying to vamp it up?

I don't think I've ever heard anyone use 'mary harney' as an adjective before. :o:p

That said, I do think it's a bit mean to make fun of the actors' appearances. They're there to act (incredulous as that may seem at times) and don't really put themselves forward for such slagging.

Although I guess the slagging comes with agreeing to step in front of a camera. ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement