Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v2]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

This week's preview - Episode 5
    Tuesday 3rd January
    000562dc-545.jpg

Louie and Carol arrive home from Boston and the jet lag seems to be causing some tension. Jo has had to sleep in the Helping Hand after Dermot threw her out and she has to make excuses to Niamh. Dermot tells Kelly that he won't be moving to Galway after all.
    Caoimhe continues to surprise Orla with her shoplifting and Neasa nearly catches her with stolen clothes. Caoimhe and Decco have a big row when she asks Decco to help her hide the stuff.
    The affair continues to affect the Dillon family and Tommy is back in the bad books. Judith is surprised when Neasa asks her how she can let Tommy get away with it.
    Dermot won't speak to Jo until she turns up at the house and forces him to let her in.

Written by Hilary Reynolds

Wednesday 4th January

000562dd-545.jpg

Judith is starting to question her marriage again and tells Tommy she should have left him years ago. Dearbhla tells him that nobody wants him around and Tommy's left wondering if he can salvage his family.
    Dermot accuses Jo and using the children to wrangle her way back into the family. He cancels her plans with the children and tells her to pack her bags.
    Caoimhe is till desperate for a hiding place for the things she has stolen. She apologises to Decco for the things she said but then steals the keys to his lock up from his jacket.
    Dermot has it out with Jo and forces her to give him details of the affair.

Written by Hilary Reynolds

000562de-545.jpg
    Thursday 5th January

Orla tells Jo that giving Dermot some space might be a good idea so she agrees aot go to her Dad's in Cork. Dermot is livid when he finds out that she plans to take Ben with her.
    Niamh convinces Orla to take Rachel out for the day so she can organise a surprise birthday party for her. Orla brings Rachel to town with her but things go wrong when Caoimhe has another stupid idea and Rachel gets accused of shoplifting.
    Tommy is fed up with not getting any respect from the girls and decides it's time he should try to take control of the situation. The Dillons have a family meeting.

Written by Clare Dowling

000562df-545.jpg
    Sunday 8th January
    Paul is furious that Rachel won't admit what she did but Niamh tries to convince him to take it easier on her.
    Decco is still angry that Caoimhe involved Charlotte in the whole situation but Charlotte surprises Caoimhe with her underhand tactics.
    Orla gives Caoimhe an ultimatum - either Caoimhe tells Paul and Niamh what happened or Orla will.
    Things get even worse for Jo when Dermot finds out that Ben nearly got knocked down because Jo was with Tommy instead of watching Ben.
    Caoimhe finds out that Orla knew about the affair.
    Dermot and Jo finally come to an arrangement.

Written by Clare Dowling
    Location Director - Trevor Laffey
    Director - Eleanor Cunney

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Have to say full credit to Seamus who plays Dermot, he was fantastic. I really loved his portrayal of Dermot, you could see his heart breaking and I loved the scenes between him & Jo.. very well acted.

I felt so sad watching Dermot and with the scenes with Ben, so very sad :(:(:(

• Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

angel01 wrote: »
    Have to say full credit to Seamus who plays Dermot, he was fantastic. I really loved his portrayal of Dermot, you could see his heart breaking and I loved the scenes between him & Jo.. very well acted.

I felt so sad watching Dermot and with the scenes with Ben, so very sad :(:(:(

He did play a blinder...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 86,172 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Judith continuing her charade to keep up appearances

Louis is very annoying

Surely Orla or Caoimhe would be caught shop lifting by now given the amount of the stuff they have knicked especially Caoimhe and fair play to Decco not keeping the stuff for them

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Jo's obvious pregnancy is really getting beyond a joke at this stage. I don't believe there's a camera angle clever enough to hide it or a shopping bag big enough to conceal the bump. It really does detract from what's been the most complelling storyline in Fair City during 2011. This really should have been played out a month ago, when we could still have suspended our disbelief to a certain extent. As it is now, Jo's looking like a beached whale is far too much of a distraction and throws the story's credibility out the stained glass window.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭sh1tstirrer

So back to the usual drivel last night after the explosive episode on Sunday :rolleyes: Jo even managed to get her big foot inside the door and stayed the night. It won't be long before they are a happy family again :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭iceblue

Jo's obvious pregnancy is really getting beyond a joke at this stage. I don't believe there's a camera angle clever enough to hide it or a shopping bag big enough to conceal the bump. It really does detract from what's been the most complelling storyline in Fair City during 2011. This really should have been played out a month ago, when we could still have suspended our disbelief to a certain extent. As it is now, Jo's looking like a beached whale is far too much of a distraction and throws the story's credibility out the stained glass window.

very juvenile remarks there harry, am surprised at you.

So back to the usual drivel last night after the explosive episode on Sunday :rolleyes: Jo even managed to get her big foot inside the door and stayed the night. It won't be long before they are a happy family again :rolleyes:

In fairness Dermot's hands were tied. He could hardly throw her out after the kids realised she was there...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭sh1tstirrer

In fairness Dermot's hands were tied. He could hardly throw her out after the kids realised she was there...
    In real life maybe, it doesn't have to be the same in tv land.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

iceblue wrote: »
    very juvenile remarks there harry, am surprised at you.

Juvenile in what way? I'm talking about the believeability or otherwise of the current Jo/Dermot storyline when it's blindingly obvious that there's a very heavily pregnant actress playing a woman whose character is unable to have children. I don't see how this storyline couldn't have been played out a month or two earlier when her pregnancy would have been less obvious. If that sounds juvenile to you, then I'm at a loss to figure out why.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭rogercar

Well done to Jo and Dermot, great acting from both of them since the reveal. I'm delighted that Jo is getting her comeuppence. Hope it wont be too long though until she returns. Delighted to see Louie and Carol back, two of my favourite characters in it. On a negative note, as discussed previousley, Christmas came late to Carraigstown, and in last nights episode Tues 3rd January, Christmas departed Carraigstown early. All the businesses and homes have removed their Christmas decorations and Christmas doesn't officially end until Friday 6th January, when most of us take down our decorations. I could understand one or two people doing this, but not an entire community.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

They resorted to using a sleeping bag to cover the bump last night
    rogercar wrote: »
    On a negative note, as discussed previousley, Christmas came late to Carraigstown, and in last nights episode Tues 3rd January, Christmas departed Carraigstown early. All the businesses and homes have removed their Christmas decorations and Christmas doesn't officially end until Friday 6th January, when most of us take down our decorations. I could understand one or two people doing this, but not an entire community.

I seem to be the only person I know that still has my tree and decorations up , nearly everybody took them down on Monday before going back to work.

I really wanna see Dermot smack Tommy in the pub and announce the affair to everyone hope it happens

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I really wanna see Dermot smack Tommy in the pub and announce the affair to everyone hope it happens
    Dermot only has one real option for punishing Tommy.

He needs to sleep with Judith.

padd b1975 wrote: »
    Dermot only has one real option for punishing Tommy.

Or Neasa she seems to be his favourite :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

padd b1975 wrote: »

yuck.. why punish himself as well... Sleep with one of the daughters, preferably Durv..

This whole story with Orla and Mrs Colgate stealing from the shops is just ridiculous, and as unbelievable as her going out with Decco...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

Why is Niamh so keen to buy a second hand sleeping bag for Rachel's birthday present ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭IsMiseLisa

That was a good episode, I thought. Certainly one of the better ones in quite a while. Dermot was great, though he has such an odd way of speaking - he takes breathes and pauses at peculiar times. :) He's been very good. Jo's been very good too.

Judith's an awful eejit. I was happy she was kicking Tommy out and she's goes and gives him another chance. Idiot of a woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Hans solo

People you need to take a walk instead of watching what has to be the worst tv on the planet!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Hans solo wrote: »
    People you need to take a walk instead of watching what has to be the worst tv on the planet!

Welcome.

• Advertisement

Thank you. My second post ever!

I've worked out who Jo Fahy reminds me of... I think she bases her bossy character on her as well..

misspiggy.jpg

15,405 posts?? Wow!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

While I thought that the acting from both Dermish and Joe was great tonight...how on earth could the writers think that trying to bring Niamh into the story by getting her to obsess about buying a 2nd hand sleeping bag from a 2nd hand shop, was a good storyline?
    That was ridiculous in the extreme that she would knock on Joes door, encouraging her to open up the Shelter so she could buy the sleeping bag as a present for her step-daughters surprise party tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

Karen23 wrote: »
    Why is Niamh so keen to buy a second hand sleeping bag for Rachel's birthday present ?
    I was thinking the same thing, jeez its a second hand sleeping bag :eek:
    You can buy a new one in Penneys for a tenner !
    Have to agree with everyone about Dermot, brilliant performances. Judith seriously p1ssed me off this evening. There I was thinking she had finally copped on and packed Tommy's bag and then she lets him stay !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭branie

Dermot should have knocked Tommy's block off

Fittle wrote: »
    how on earth could the writers think that trying to bring Niamh into the story by getting her to obsess about buying a 2nd hand sleeping bag from a 2nd hand shop, was a good storyline?

Agree 1000%, Fittle.. it was so ridiculous... first of all, would you really want a smelly old used sleeping bag.. I mean she wouldnt buy Paul a pair of second hand y-fronts down there as well surely would she... secondly like was said above, you can buy a new sleeping bag very cheap... For Niamh to be chasing Jo around for that sleeping bag is beyond believable.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭rogercar

Karen23 wrote: »
    They resorted to using a sleeping bag to cover the bump last night

I seem to be the only person I know that still has my tree and decorations up , nearly everybody took them down on Monday before going back to work.
    Are you seriousley telling me, that everyone you know, family, friends neighbours, your local businessis eg. shops, pubs, hotels,supermarkets, shopping malls etc have all taken down their Christmas decorations by Monday 2nd January. And does that include all the outdoor Christmas lights etc, I dont think so! Fair City have messed up yet again. And nothing you say can justify it. Happy new year!

Hans solo wrote: »

Thanks for the enlightenment...:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Christmas Decs stay up until little Christmas Day, Jan 6th...:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement