Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v2]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86,580 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

DeepBlue wrote: »
    As enjoyable as it is to see Dermot give Jo her well-deserved and long overdue comeuppance I wonder how realistic it is?

Even though Jo is the guilty party in this split isn't it far more likely that she will end up with custody of Ben and possession of the house if the Fahy's split up?

Shouldn't it be Dermot that ensures he gets a really, really good solicitor? Family Law tends not to favour the husband in the majority of cases with custody battles.
    I wonder would FC explore this plotline where Dermot gets shafted and loses everything despite being the innocent party. It would be interesting.

Ben nearly died in Jo's care because of her affair with Tommy i.e. when Neasa nearly ran him down which Dermot finds out so that should help him in any court case for custody plus Ben isnt their biological child and I think Dermot's name is down on his birth certificate as the father though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭endakenny

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Ben nearly died in Jo's care because of her affair with Tommy i.e. when Neasa nearly ran him down which Dermot finds out so that should help him in any court case for custody plus Ben isnt their biological child and I think Dermot's name is down on his birth certificate as the father though
    The birth cert was amended to state the truth about Ben's biological parentage at the time Brendan told Heather about his one-night-stand with Deirdre. It ended Dermot's political career when Barry printed it at the behest of McAleer and Mannion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭hiscan

IsMiseLisa wrote: »
    I actually think it's meant to be poorly done jealousy. Charlotte, often, is jealous of anyone whose done or got something she hasn't.

Rachel was getting all the attention tonight - the make-over, surprise party, etc. Charlotte saw Caoimhe was up to no good with Rachel's bag and never said a word - largely, I think, due to jealousy. Plus she doesn't like Caoimhe so don't think she feels any loyalty towards her.

That said, I could be entirely wrong. :D

I think you're spot on.Anybody else notice Charlotte smiling when the Guard told Paul that Rachel was accused of shoplifting?

Yes, I did, hiscan.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,580 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

When and what did Rachel rob before :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭ameliajane

Jo would certainly make Dermot pay if he was the one who cheated. She will do her best to charm her way back and hope he forgets in a few days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

ahs she was done for shoplifting before about a year ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭ameliajane

I can't recall Rachel shoplifting. I have a bad memory. Could Angel help please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

a few weeks later they caught her with something she boought from decco <cash for gold> an thought she robbed that too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

I think it was lipstick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,786 ✭✭✭✭walshb

What crap acting by Rachael and Orla.

Rachesl is one of the worst actors I have ever seen. Everything is so forced and unnatural. It's like she is constantly struggling to speak normally. Poor!

The only poorer actor I have seen was the original Rachel from several years' back. By god she was bad.

She must get it from her grandmother, Rita, who was an appaling actor.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 55,786 ✭✭✭✭walshb

endakenny wrote: »
    Why is Charlotte staying quiet about seeing Caoimhe put the items in Rachel's bag? Rachel didn't disclose that Denzo was in the Bishops' house in Christmas Day.

If you watch that scene it is not clear that she actually saw Caoimhe put the things in the bag. She saw Caoimhe act suspiciously, but the scene made it appear as if she didn't see her putting the items in the bag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭sh1tstirrer

Carstuck wrote: »
    Noticed they still have their Christmas decorations up
    What's so unusual about that? Christmas doesn't end until after womens little Christmas, which is today ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Okocim

Hopefully 'Bugs Bunny Boiler' aka 'Caoimhe' gets what's coming to her over setting up Rachel. Great to see Dermot standing up to the conniving Jo, will be interested to see how this plays out, as from Jo's perspective now it's all a power game she's playing out, as she clearly does not have any feelings for Dermot and certainly does not love him and worse still is using her son as a pawn in this power control freak game...by right they should seperate, but soapland does not always follow what should be done...

Also why did the security guard not check the CCTV footage from the shop which would have shown Caoimhe had put the makeup in Rachel's bag? The store had CCTV installed as it was used in the 'walk of shame' to the security guards office at the start of the 2nd half of the episode last night after the break...if we were meant to believe that the shop had no CCTV footage then why make a point of showing 'live CCTV' images of the makeup thief suspects and the security guard? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭Carstuck

What's so unusual about that? Christmas doesn't end until after womens little Christmas, which is today ;)

Just to clarify I think I read a few pages back someone said FC had most of their decorations down, then I noticed the Fahys hadn't and mentioned that. In a hurry typing as usual! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

rogercar wrote: »
    Why should you be embarrassed? They are the idiots for removing theirs so soon. My comment was in relation to Carraigstown. Christmas disappeared from there rather abruptly. Also it is considered unlucky to remove decorations before Jan 6th. (not that I believe that.)

I wouldnt be too sure , my friend took the tree and decorations down on the 28th of December and her Husband fell through the ceiling putting them back into the attic :eek: I told them thats what they get for taking them down so early even before New Year :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

I don't think that's the case. Tommy was punished by having to sleep on the couch, causing him back pain. He is trying to make it up to the girls but, as he said, how can he do that with the backchat and the exclusion from many things. Judith gave him a choice: walk away or salvage the family. Furthermore, there is Zak to think of. The impact of Tommy's affair would be the most serious on him because he's still a child. Zak's sisters are adults.

I think that Caoimhe's actions will have a much more serious impact on her family than her father's infidelity.

You think the daughter shopligting will be more damaging than their father shagging the neighbour?! Does not compute.

It doesn't matter that the girls are adults. He's still their dad and that hurt isn't minimised because of their age. I imagine most grown up children (particularly those living in the family home) would react in exactly the same way. Judith made the (ridiculous) decision to "salvage the family" without the agreement of the children. They can't be expected to just accept that their mother says he's staying and then play happy families again.

A daughter engaging in shoplifting is nowhere near as damaging as a father having an affair.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭iceblue

i cant be bothered to do multiple quotes....but the fact that some here are complaining about jo being pregnant in real life because her character cant conceive is a bit pathetic... so what are you all saying...she shouldnt have got pregnant in real life?.... she should have been written out the minute her pregnancy has become obvious?....they should only take close ups of her head when she is in a scene?

this has been the best storyline since damien and suzannes wife beating thing, in my opinion, and i am not the slightest bit distracted by the fact that the actor is pregnant in real life. are the complainers on here saying that this storyline should have been scrapped because a 'character' involved in the storyline is now pregnant, and in the soap, her character is infertile....how is it taking the suspension of reality a little too far to expect viewers to ignore the actors pregnancy...are people honestly that bothered, cause i for one am not the slightest bit bothered, ....why dont you all just ignore the fact she is pregnant and concerntrate on the dialogue and look at her face not her bump....whats the big deal....other soap actors have been pregnant in real life and it hasnt effected their role....and i have never heard of anyone on other forums complaining about pregnant actors and it being unrealistic and ruining the plot for them?...and by other forums i mean in the uk, this is the only irish one i know.

Carstuck wrote: »
    Just to clarify I think I read a few pages back someone said FC had most of their decorations down, then I noticed the Fahys hadn't and mentioned that. In a hurry typing as usual! :)
    Ok, fair enough.
    Okocim wrote: »

Also why did the security guard not check the CCTV footage from the shop which would have shown Caoimhe had put the makeup in Rachel's bag? The store had CCTV installed as it was used in the 'walk of shame' to the security guards office at the start of the 2nd half of the episode last night after the break...if we were meant to believe that the shop had no CCTV footage then why make a point of showing 'live CCTV' images of the makeup thief suspects and the security guard? :eek:
    That was fairly stupid alright. The shop assistant noticed stuff missing and sent the security guard after them. If it turned out that there was no stolen goods in her bag they could sue the shop for loss of character as the staff have to know for certain that someone shoplifted. Why was the security guard smirking at them it looked as if he was thrown into the part at a moments notice.

Chinafoot wrote: »
    You think the daughter shopligting will be more damaging than their father shagging the neighbour?! Does not compute.

It doesn't matter that the girls are adults. He's still their dad and that hurt isn't minimised because of their age. I imagine most grown up children (particularly those living in the family home) would react in exactly the same way. Judith made the (ridiculous) decision to "salvage the family" without the agreement of the children. They can't be expected to just accept that their mother says he's staying and then play happy families again.

A daughter engaging in shoplifting is nowhere near as damaging as a father having an affair.
    The difference between Caoimhe and Tommy is that Caoimhe broke the law. The effect of having a criminal record on herself and her family are a lot more serious than her father committing adultery. I assumed that that's what everyone else would think I meant.

• Advertisement

If Rachel had asked the garda to have the stolen items dusted for fingerprints, she would have been proven innocent there and then.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Pretty Polly

Why didn't the security guard check the cameras??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

iceblue wrote: »
    ....why dont you all just ignore the fact she is pregnant and concerntrate on the dialogue and look at her face not her bump....whats the big deal....other soap actors have been pregnant in real life and it hasnt effected their role....and i have never heard of anyone on other forums complaining about pregnant actors and it being unrealistic and ruining the plot for them?...and by other forums i mean in the uk, this is the only irish one i know.

I didn't know Jo was pregnant in real life, but now I keep on noticing the bump.

Why didn't the security guard check the cameras??
    Maybe the area in which Caoimhe put the items into Rachel's handbag was a blind spot, i.e. it was out of range of the CCTV.

Maybe the area in which Caoimhe put the items into Rachel's handbag was a blind spot, i.e. it was out of range of the CCTV.

So how did they know that the items were in her handbag if they couldn't see it on camera?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

So how did they know that the items were in her handbag if they couldn't see it on camera?

thats a good point!

The shop attendant may have noticed that items were missing from the shelf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

iceblue wrote: »
    i cant be bothered to do multiple quotes....but the fact that some here are complaining about jo being pregnant in real life because her character cant conceive is a bit pathetic... so what are you all saying...she shouldnt have got pregnant in real life?.... she should have been written out the minute her pregnancy has become obvious?....they should only take close ups of her head when she is in a scene?

this has been the best storyline since damien and suzannes wife beating thing, in my opinion, and i am not the slightest bit distracted by the fact that the actor is pregnant in real life. are the complainers on here saying that this storyline should have been scrapped because a 'character' involved in the storyline is now pregnant, and in the soap, her character is infertile....how is it taking the suspension of reality a little too far to expect viewers to ignore the actors pregnancy...are people honestly that bothered, cause i for one am not the slightest bit bothered, ....why dont you all just ignore the fact she is pregnant and concerntrate on the dialogue and look at her face not her bump....whats the big deal....other soap actors have been pregnant in real life and it hasnt effected their role....and i have never heard of anyone on other forums complaining about pregnant actors and it being unrealistic and ruining the plot for them?...and by other forums i mean in the uk, this is the only irish one i know.

There could have been more care taken of the shots. Was it so necessary to show so many side views of Jo. Could the scenes not have worked as well taken from different angles? I like Fair City but this is really does distract from the story. It would be like taking a picture someone who is morbidly obese and trying to pass them off as being anorexic!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Alice1

The shop attendant may have noticed that items were missing from the shelf.
    Okay, but how did they know it was Rachel's bag - as opposed to Orla's?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭IsMiseLisa

Alice1 wrote: »
    Okay, but how did they know it was Rachel's bag - as opposed to Orla's?
    The silly thing is that the shop assistant knew stuff had been stolen - WHILE she gave Rachel the make-over. On top of that, Caoimhe put the stuff in the bag. Not exactly discreetly either.

So for the guard to assume the bag the stuff was put in was Rachel's, is to imply that the shop assistant saw the stuff being put in the actual bag - by CAOIMHE.

So I can only presume then that they thought it was some kind of double-act - that Caoimhe stole the stuff and Rachel knew about it?

Or the writers just went with whatever was most convenient plot-wise.

Which, of course, they'd never consider doing. :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement