Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v2]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Nick Guats

Anybody else think Charlotte is an arsehole ?

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭blondie7

angel01 wrote: »
    I have to say I have enjoyed this thread since I starting posting on boards (maybe 3 years ago or so) but I have found that this thread has changed and the posts constantly posting about people's size/looks/appearance is not on and has made me feel uncomfortable.

Can people not stick to commenting on the show/storylines/characters, instead of nitpicking on someones looks. I find it totally out of order and not a thread that I want to be part of.

Sad to see such a fun thread on boards being ruined by horrible comments. :( Maybe these people are so God damn perfect that they don't think twice about making such comments but how would you feel if people were saying these things about you. For all you know, these actors/actresses could be reading this and I want no part of this thread if that is what this thread will contain.

Sorry, I felt this had to be said...:(:(

Angel I 100% agree with you on this, the tone of the thread has gone downhill massively! Glad there are so many posters on this forum that have the perfect weight, shape and looks!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

leahyl wrote: »
    I'd say Orla def - I don't know why it's just a hunch I have! She'll 'be there' for him now over the next few weeks/months and they'll probably have a fling!

I was thinking Niamh last night. They have a good bit in common, they've both been cheated on by their spouse, they both have adopted children and they work together.

It'll be a nice change for Niamh too, as Dermot has the most hair of anyone she's been with since Leo.:D (Anyone remember Orla's first episode where she was disgusted that Niamh, who was living with Barry, set her up on a date with Paul and she couldn't get over Niamh's attraction to baldies.)

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Tetra

Haven't seen Fair City for ages, am just watching the repeat now. I know Mark went to Galway or something but what happened to Laura that they brought back? Has she gone too? And where's Damien? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Tetra

Oh sorry Damien just turned up :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,180 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Nick Guats wrote: »
    Anybody else think Charlotte is an arsehole ?

She is a major one I hate her

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    She is a major one I hate her

Not helped by the fact that the actress playing her couldn't act her way out of a paper bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

DeepBlue wrote: »
    11779yc.png

/emails incriminating pic to Jo :pac:

whatever happened there? Dermo looks to be enjoying that snog

You'd think that Jo and Dermish would have got their act together about the cover story for her father's illness. :rolleyes:
    Also, a minor point, but a little bit annoying all the same; the other night, Jo referred to her father as Grandad Coughlan and pronounced it "Cock-lan". I know a few Coughlans in Cork and they have never prounced their surname that way. In Cork, it's prounced "Caw-lan". I'm surprised that yer wan who plays Jo pronounced it that way, with her being from Cork 'n all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

well if there is anything ive learned from fair city is charity work leads to affairs , jo plus tommy plus tidy towns = affair
    dermott plus blondie psycho plus community centre = affair
    im starting to think RTE wants to make everyone sit in and watch telly and stay away from that evil charity work

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,180 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

cloptrop wrote: »
    well if there is anything ive learned from fair city is charity work leads to affairs , jo plus tommy plus tidy towns = affair
    im starting to think RTE wants to make everyone sit in and watch telly and stay away from that evil charity work

To be fair to Dermot he didnt have an affair your one cant think of her name Tracey's step daughter sprong a kiss on Dermot to make Dean jealous I think

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Haha read that in my head like as the Girl in Mailbag would. (I was watching on TV50, I amn't old enough to really remember mailbag!)

You just need to finish with

Arthur is there anything you can do?

I assume your a woman from clontarf hence why I read it in my head as the lady announcer :)

http://www.rte.ie/player/#!v=1126345

Elmo wrote: »
    Haha read that in my head like as the Girl in Mailbag would. (I was watching on TV50, I amn't old enough to really remember mailbag!)

You just need to finish with

Arthur is there anything you can do?

I assume your a woman from clontarf hence why I read it in my head as the lady announcer :)
    >> <<
    - -
    --- ---- clop trop nods laughs and pretends to understand

>> <<
    - -
    --- ---- clop trop nods laughs and pretends to understand

See link above to understand fully. Well when I say fully, I mean try to continue to pretend to understand.

I do despair at the youth of today, is there anything you can do Arthur?

Elmo wrote: »
    See link above to understand fully. Well when I say fully, I mean try to continue to pretend to understand.

I do despair at the youth of today, is there anything you can do Arthur?
    tried that,,,,,,, after the 3rd ad i couldnt be bothered , im sure it was funny though,,,wasnt the dillon girl studying for her exams before christmas , and last night she was still studying for her exams , are these multiple exams or is she just really hoping to do well in the leaving in summer, maybe she is in college i dont know , find it very hard to tell her age,

tried that,,,,,,, after the 3rd ad i couldnt be bothered , im sure it was funny though,,,wasnt the dillon girl studying for her exams before christmas , and last night she was still studying for her exams , are these multiple exams or is she just really hoping to do well in the leaving in summer, maybe she is in college i dont know , find it very hard to tell her age,

Cloptrop I am now continuing to read your letters like that of the lady from mailbag. And it comes to my attention that there are alot of ads before mailbag will play. I contacted the DG who has advised me that he will look into the issue for you. In relation to the Dillion girl, well all the Dillion girls are the same age in real life, and the girl studying for her leaving cert is actually 42 years old. I hope this answers your question. The Fair City writers have told me they are looking into this issue for you. On a related note JP_liz has this to say ....

yeah i think she goes out with dean or robert in real life

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Yes the bitch got arrested, hopefully they wipe that scowl off her face.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

will Wayne get his hole tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,273 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Why did Lucy lie to Wayne and say she never heard about Lorraine? Niamh told her about her earlier didn't she?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Lucy is a horrible c*nt. A nasty streak of sinister misery.

nlgbbbblth wrote: »
    Lucy is a horrible c*nt. A nasty streak of sinister misery.

What's she up to though?

After seeing that last scene I'm still confused!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭endakenny

Given that Caoimhe committed the crimes of theft and handling stolen goods and aggravated it by letting Rachel be blamed, what she has done is worse than what her father has done. Adultery is reprehensible but not criminal.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Dee42

What's she up to though?

ory

Here's my theory on Lucy....I think maybe she know Lorraine and is now trying to wangle her way into Delores life, maybe some mental issues and is trying to take on her identity. Or, maybe Lorraine didnt die in an accident in Florida and Lucy actually IS Lorraine??? Too fantastical?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭Sigourney

will Wayne get his hole tonight?
    No.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

I think Lucy is way too sweet to be wholesome, she really creeps me out :eek: There is something very weird about her and her interest in Lorraine and Harry.

Part of me thinks she could be Harry's love child or is she Lorraine? Is it possible that Lorraine could still be alive? (I never watched Fair City when Lorraine was in it).

Edit: Just spotted Dee's post.. Great minds and all that :D

Dee42 wrote: »
    What's she up to though?

Or, maybe Lorraine didnt die in an accident in Florida and Lucy actually IS Lorraine??? Too fantastical?

Ah ya I think so - I think Dolores and Wayne would have noticed if it was Lorraine! Lol!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Imagine if she was Lorraine. Wouldn't put a "re-cast from beyond the grave" past the Fair City writers.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Ah ya I think so - I think Dolores and Wayne would have noticed if it was Lorraine! Lol!
    Maybe she had reconstructive surgery after the accident :eek: :D

• Advertisement

What's she up to though?

I'm thinking Single White Female meets Fatal Attraction (but without all the dirty bits). I just hope that Dolores doesn't have a pet bunny rabbit.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement