Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v2]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Nick Guats wrote: »
    Why does Ben call Jo mummy all the time? They are meant to live in the northside not D4.

Cos his mummy calls him Binjamin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

I wouldn't necessarily say that Sash is overweight. I think she looks just right - not too skinny. They showed Niamh from a very unflattering angle last night. She was wearing some sort of cardigan and you could see that the buttons were barely tying together. Ouch!

I think somebody seriously needs to give her some fashion tips. She dresses like an 70 year old woman. Maybe they could introduce Gok Wan for a guest appearance? They should have got him to open the Spar. :D

i thought she was pregnant when i watched it earlier! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

Nick Guats wrote: »
    Why does Ben call Jo mummy all the time? They are meant to live in the northside not D4.
    I noticed that too, even when Dermot said he'd get Mammy on the phone Ben insisted on talking to 'Mummy'. Ben is a foster child, I think, so he may be from an area where Mummy is the norm rather than Mammy.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Wayne is a complete idiot to have told Lucy about his inheritance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Does Paul think he's in the Sopranos tonight?

• Advertisement

Jaysus .. Is Dermot about to get up on Orla?? :eek::eek::eek:

Jaysus .. Is Dermot about to get up on Orla?? :eek::eek::eek:
    Poor old Dermot deserves some happiness but not with Orla, she is a witch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

I did feel a small bit sorry for Orla though tonight :o
    Not that Caoimhe one though :D

twirlagig wrote: »
    I did feel a small bit sorry for Orla though tonight :o
    Not that Caoimhe one though :D
    I know what you mean, at least Orla did the right thing in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

vektarman wrote: »
    I noticed that too, even when Dermot said he'd get Mammy on the phone Ben insisted on talking to 'Mummy'. Ben is a foster child, I think, so he may be from an area where Mummy is the norm rather than Mammy.

Bens not a foster child. He has been reared by joe & dermott from the start..so the 'mummy' stuff is just bad scripting..again!

And by the way, Niamh in the restaurant tonight giving baby ruth (first time I've seen her!) a bit of dry bread:confused: The child would choke to death!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

MrsD007 wrote: »
    Lorraine was going out with or was stalked by some crazy doctor guy, maybe Lucy is a sister of that lad. I'd love if she turned out to be Harry's long lost daughter.

Dr Jack Shanahan.

Got a bad rap at the time but in retrospect he was actually quite sound. Like Charlo in Family - another sound character.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Fittle wrote: »
    Bens not a foster child. He has been reared by joe & dermott from the start..so the 'mummy' stuff is just bad scripting..again!

I don't think it's bad scripting. Jo would have taught him to say mummy as it's what she would have wanted him to call her.
    nlgbbbblth wrote: »
    Dr Jack Shanahan.

Got a bad rap at the time but in retrospect he was actually quite sound.

A sound serial rapist?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭endakenny

iguana wrote: »
    A sound serial rapist?
    Who did he rape? Did he die in a car accident?

He had his own problems but he was a good doctor.

He had his own problems but he was a good doctor.

endakenny wrote: »
    Who did he rape? Did he die in a car accident?
    As far as I remember he attacked Lorraine.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,180 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I had to lol at Paul when he winked at Caoimhe while giving out to her infront of her parents

I loved Decco telling Caoimhe he was a bishop and he had standards he was too good for her :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

iguana wrote: »
    I don't think it's bad scripting. Jo would have taught him to say mummy as it's what she would have wanted him to call her.

I agree, Jo has ideas above her station which is why she wants Ben to call her Mummy..She wanted to send him to private school as I remember.

I did feel sorry for Orla tonight, but For the love of God please keep, Dermot away from her.

That Lucy storyline is annoying me, but all inall Fair City is great at the moment.

That Caoimhe is some moron. Think the bishops are too good for her is right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

How many years is Lorraine dead. Carol seems to know all about her, I know Carol is around a long time though, but she seemed to only interact with Kay and Malachy for her first few years.

Lisha wrote: »
    That Lucy storyline is annoying me, but all inall Fair City is great at the moment.

Her leaving the pub (after Wayne had called her a gold digger), and then returning shortly after to tell Wayne about the business opportunity was a real poorly scripted and unrealistic.. "I only came back to tell you about the business opportunity" :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Her leaving the pub (after Wayne had called her a gold digger), and then returning shortly after to tell Wayne about the business opportunity was a real poorly scripted and unrealistic.. "I only came back to tell you about the business opportunity" :rolleyes:
    She returned as she was anxious to convince Wayne that she was acting in his best interests. She is desperate to stay close to Wayne and Dolores for some reason. I reckon she has to be Harry's love child.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭SoapFan27

I'm a little bit late on comments/observations but:-

1) Decco turning up at the car when Caoimhe was about to go to court saying he wanted to support her...this makes no sense after the previous episodes where he seemed on the verge of never talking to her again

2) Orla minding the kids in Dermots, she knew Niamh was telling Paul about the shop lifting and yet she never took the opportunity to tell her side while she had Rachel there and after telling Niamh that was her intention

Despite the above, I am liking that FC writers are trying to up the intensity on the story lines with the Dillons, affair, shop lifting etc, also like how Wayne is getting more airtime, very intriguing to know what Lucy is about, time will tell :cool:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

endakenny wrote: »
    Who did he rape?

Lorraine and at least one other woman who showed up during the court case.

SoapFan27 wrote: »
    I'm a little bit late on comments/observations but:-

2) Orla minding the kids in Dermots, she knew Niamh was telling Paul about the shop lifting and yet she never took the opportunity to tell her side while she had Rachel there and after telling Niamh that was her intention

Orla originally planned on speaking to Rachel after school but then Dermot asked her to look after Ben and one of his foster children. It wouldn't have been appropriate for Orla to talk about the happened in front of the children so I'd say she was waiting for Dermot to return before she spoke to Rachel.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭SoapFan27

MrsD007 wrote: »
    Orla originally planned on speaking to Rachel after school but then Dermot asked her to look after Ben and one of his foster children. It wouldn't have been appropriate for Orla to talk about the happened in front of the children so I'd say she was waiting for Dermot to return before she spoke to Rachel.

I get what you are saying but then again it was obvious how much Orla realised her messing was going to risk her relationship with Rachel so it would have been very easy to tell Ben and Zoe to play a game in the kitchen while she told Rachel the truth in the sitting room. I'm just saying that Orla went from a desperate 'aunt' to the opposite in a few hrs!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Jaysus did niamh think she was feeding the ducks with the kid in the bistro? Ffs what are the writers thinking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 934 ✭✭✭C-J

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    Jaysus did niamh think she was feeding the ducks with the kid in the bistro? Ffs what are the writers thinking

i know, when she ordered i was expecting a crusty bread roll as they're really good for teething babies to chew on, not a couple of dry slices the poor child would choke!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

C-J wrote: »
    i know, when she ordered i was expecting a crusty bread roll as they're really good for teething babies to chew on, not a couple of dry slices the poor child would choke!

I reckon they should have a "Director of Common Sense" on the set of Fair City at all times. Somebody with an average IQ would do, just so that they could point out all the glaringly obvious anomalies that occur in practically every episode. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

Paul tends to get into a blame-everyone-but-himself aggressive mode before his brain fully engages.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

angel01 wrote: »
    Can people not stick to commenting on the show/storylines/characters, instead of nitpicking on someones looks. I find it totally out of order and not a thread that I want to be part of.

This is good advice.

Someone reported a post recently about giving one of the child actors a whack. That kind of stuff is not on either.

Unfortunately we can't read every single thread on the forum, so if you find a post offensive, please report it and we will deal with it if necessary. Don't sit back and let it eat you away. :)

Repeat offenders will be go through the gamut of punishments (yellow card, red card, bans etc.)

Sound fair?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement