Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v2]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

i dont see the problem talking about their looks , they are in showbusiness , its a very superficial game , as far as the kids needing a whack thing , thats a bit overboard

• Registered Users Posts: 86,180 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

vektarman wrote: »
    Paul tends to get into a blame-everyone-but-himself aggressive mode before his brain fully engages.

I always thought Paul's brain was in his trousers :p

In regard to the the cast appearances, looks and weight etc, we must remember FC is not Hollyoaks and I like it when soaps have characters who are a little on the chubby side a bit more realistic of life anyways but I would like to see Niamh have a clothes makeover

i think the should get weight watchers to open a new chain in carrickstown , what with the product placement going on , like slim star just isnt good enough , maybe people should start turning up demanding their slim star money back , like zumo has been on the slim star silver service plan for 2 years now and all hes lost is his mole

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭iceblue

iceblue wrote: »
    i thought while watching tonight that she was going to be lorraines husbands sister or some relative who was/is as mad as he was/is....when wayne started telling her about lorraines marriage she seemed to perk up a bit.... id forgotten all that until wayne reminded me....i thought lorraine was killed in a tornado in canada or something?....

but someone said she was given the babys eyes or something....so im obviously wrong and shes just off her head....and after dolores's money....
    i ment to say... the doctor, who i now know was called jack... not lorraines husband....i thought for a second that she had married that mad doctor and then he abused her.....

so just to clarify.... not that it matters in the great big scheme of things!... i think mad whatsher name with jessic's eyes, whos now after waynes money....is related to the doctor and is seeking revenge....
    alternatively, i aslo felt after thurs episode...that she could be waynes dead fathers love child...and is seeking revenge....
    i doubt she is just simply a random con artist....

loved keiths comment...'where did you get her from wayne'....and i aslo loved paul's wink at the mad dillon shoplifter....its snippets like this that make fair city good!

also agree with someone earlier who said that decco turning up to go to the court case was inconsistant with the previous episode. i love decco. but the way the character is behaving towards dillion girl with the mouthful of teeth... makes no sense.
    also dillon girls attitude to being caught shoplifting, and her attitude towards rachel was just dreadfully immature for someone who is supposed to be mid twenties?.... makes me wonder what sort of parents doctor dillon and farmer stud where to allow this sort of personality to develop....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

iceblue wrote: »
    i love decco. but the way the character is behaving towards dillion girl with the mouthful of teeth... makes no sense.

lol :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭ameliajane

The Bishops have standards. Caoimhe needs to seriously get a personality transplant asap.

Dr. Dillion rejecting the hubby's support, and when she broke down and went over to Dearbhla (after Caoimhe's crimes were revealed) was about the only time I felt she handled the whole situation in a realistic manner.
    Orla is going to be boycotted by the Brennans and I hope Caoimhe gets the same treatment from the neighbours. Perhaps, she might (hopefully) think of
    emigrating. I mean what is keeping her in Carrigstown now that Decco has woken up? I hope it was Brennans bread that Niamh offered to Ruth. An advertising opportunity was missed out on there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 934 ✭✭✭C-J

The dillons just show that nobody knows what goes on behind closed doors! From the outside you might think they're picture perfect doctors children but far from it. The Bishops may be seen as 'skobies' but when it comes to family they're a tight unit. Caoimhe needs to get sent to finishing school she has no class or respect, she might learn how to act with a bit of decorum! As somebody who lost my mother at a very young age I find the way she treats her parents disgusting. I know she's just a character but she annoys me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭closeline

I hate Ben and Charlotte.

Are Orla's parents dead and is she a only child?

I know she is Niamh's cousin but is Cas also her grandfather

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭endakenny

C-J wrote: »
    The dillons just show that nobody knows what goes on behind closed doors! From the outside you might think they're picture perfect doctors children but far from it. The Bishops may be seen as 'skobies' but when it comes to family they're a tight unit. Caoimhe needs to get sent to finishing school she has no class or respect, she might learn how to act with a bit of decorum! As somebody who lost my mother at a very young age I find the way she treats her parents disgusting. I know she's just a character but she annoys me!
    I agree. What Tommy did was immoral, but what Caoimhe has done is worse on two counts:

1. Theft and handling stolen goods are criminal; adultery is not.

2. Caoimhe used Rachel to try to smuggle stolen property, without Rachel's knowledge, and allowed Rachel to be blamed for an offence that she did not commit. Tommy would never have sunk that low.

C-J wrote: »

Dont forget Nessa slept with Damian because of her debts

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Theft and handling stolen goods are criminal; adultery is not.
    JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Cut off their hands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Nick Guats

In real life Deegan would have had a ban garda with him when arresting the dillon girl

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Esther would want to think twice about bringing any potential clients back to the office cos one of her office mates is no advertisement for the slim star plan...

Dermot certainly looks like he's on it and Orla aswell has certainly dropped some weight but Niamh is making up for them

Brennan is gas though..."You & me are gonna have a long chat soon...wink" ....where would you see it.

Decco was good aswell in the Pig

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

Are Orla's parents dead and is she a only child?

I know she is Niamh's cousin but is Cas also her grandfather

Didn't Orla and Cass have a date at one stage. Orla is related to Niamh from Gina's side, she's no relation to Cass.

Epicurus wrote: »
    Didn't Orla and Cass have a date at one stage. Orla is related to Niamh from Gina's side, she's no relation to Cass.

Is Cass not Gina's father?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

Is Cass not Gina's father?

No, ahe was married to his son

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭tazwaz

I'd love to know what Lucy is up to??

Cass is Cassidy. Cassidy would be the name of Niamh's father. I don't know whether Orla is related to Niamh's father or her mother, Gina. Is Orla her first cousin?

• Advertisement

I hope the Lucy storyline becomes a little bit more clear. What exactly are her motives?

Kira and Juliet are living with Niamh's aunt? Is this aunt supposed to be Orla's mother? Clarification appreciated please. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

Really?:eek: What happened there? I'm not a regular watcher. Damo was a debt collector at one stage I know that. But did she really prostitute herself to get off a debt? And Damien? I'm surprised at him for doing that. Is it commom knowledge in Carrigstown? I'm shocked I must say.:eek:

Really?:eek: What happened there? I'm not a regular watcher. Damo was a debt collector at one stage I know that. But did she really prostitute herself to get off a debt? And Damien? I'm surprised at him for doing that. Is it commom knowledge in Carrigstown? I'm shocked I must say.:eek:
    was before the whole dillon family moved in , damo gave her one and then thought nobody would bump into her again , then her family moved in a few doors up , was just before susan started beating the bejaysus out of him
    everybody knows as far as i know , maybe not zak cause hes away doing exams playing rugby and being upstairs

Why did Lucy ask Wayne all about the tragedies in the Molloy family and pretend not to be aware that he had an older sister called Lorraine? What is the reason for this? I found it creepy watching her going through private family photo albums! Sinister seems to be the word that comes to mind. Imagine a guest staying in your home, getting up in the middle of the night and sit on your sofa going through your photo albums. Scary.

Is Tracey coming back at all?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 MsCiara19

I don't know what Lucy's motive is but I have a feeling it's something to do with her family being extremely dysfunctional and her being thrown out of the house after giving them all that money that she wants to try and probably integrate herself into Wayne's family because by the way she talks about Dolores if almost as if she looks at her as a mother figure... I could be well off the mark now but it's the only reason I can see at the moment as to why she is so interested in the family...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

I reckon Lucy is just playing the long con as she sees Dolores as a gullible mark. She's already got €5K from Dolores over some story that she received some of Jessica's organs. She always has some sob story about her family (whom no-one else has ever seen or heard from) and she's slowly paying back the €5K to appear trustworthy.
    I'm just surprised Dolores hasn't written her into her will yet. :p

I wish they brought the old free-wheeling, couldn't-give-a-toss, sleep-with-Damien-for-no-apparent-reason, Nessa back.
    The new, oh-so-caring-about-everyone Nessa is a total bore.

Still hot though. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Niamh and Orla are second cousins not first cousins.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

DeepBlue wrote: »
    I wish they brought the old free-wheeling, couldn't-give-a-toss, sleep-with-Damien-for-no-apparent-reason, Nessa back.

Neasa sleeps with Damian, Caoimhe sleeps with Decco... I wish the hot rich girls round my area would slum it as much as the Carrigstown talent..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement