Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v2]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

angel01 wrote: »
    Me too. He is a very underrated actor on the show (and underused if you ask me) He deserves bigger and better storylines.

Would like to see him & Dolores get married.
    Id like to see him start an affair with John Deegan only to find john was doing it to get access to the house to find out what Lucy is up to.
    John Deegan will do anything to collar a crim.Pete may have his heart broken when he finds out but it was for the greater good. His heart is what john would call collateral damage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭Gingersnaps

cofy wrote: »
    Where is Robert supposed to be at the moment?

Probably "Upstairs". That's where a lot of the actors seem to go when not on screen. Zak is forever upstairs. And last night Ben was upstairs. Wasn't Rita confined to upstairs for years? At this stage Robert might even become a bell. :)

Could be in the home with bellas missus

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

Just following on from the above 'ahem' comment..I'd like to see another gay storyline - I never bought the Yvonne one to be honest. They should bring two gay blokes into it to stir things up a bit..be interesting to see Keith & Ray's reaction to two fellas kissing in McCoys (love Keith & Ray btw, think they're the best comedy double act on RTE:))

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭iceblue

iguana wrote: »
    The thread has the words "news" and "spoilers" written in the title which means that people can post spoilers or other news like cast members leaving/joining uncovered. If the thread didn't have that in the title people wouldn't be allowed do it.

didnt realise. thats me told then?. think you should adress this as moderator...and form seperate fair city threads. and whats wrong with consealing something like this in a little box?????

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

iceblue wrote: »
    didnt realise. thats me told then?. think you should adress this as moderator...and form seperate fair city threads. and whats wrong with consealing something like this in a little box?????

I'm not a television moderator, on this board (and all but the one I moderate) I'm just a regular user. Anyone can start a new thread, if you want to start one you can. There is nothing wrong with starting a new thread but general internet etiquette for discussion of tv shows/books/movies etc, is that if a thread title says spoilers then people are free to post spoilers and readers are free to post them uncovered. That way people know before they enter a thread what to expect.

It's possible that if it's what people want the OP could pm a relevant moderator and ask for 'News' and 'Spoilers' to be removed from the title and then all spoilers would have to be covered up.

I'm not a television moderator, on this board (and all but the one I moderate) I'm just a regular user. Anyone can start a new thread, if you want to start one you can. There is nothing wrong with starting a new thread but general internet etiquette for discussion of tv shows/books/movies etc, is that if a thread title says spoilers then people are free to post spoilers and readers are free to post them uncovered. That way people know before they enter a thread what to expect.

It's possible that if it's what people want the OP could pm a relevant moderator and ask for 'News' and 'Spoilers' to be removed from the title and then all spoilers would have to be covered up.
    That would not be cool

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

Caoimhe Bishop?....Hmmm it has a kind of evil ring to it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Okocim

I can only hope that 'Bugs Bunny Boiler' aka Caoimhe is one of those for the chop due to cutbacks in Fair City in the next few weeks. I blame the writers as much as the actor for the OTT one dimensional sighs, eyes thrown to heaven, strops ect...even the most psychotic and vile characters in other soaps have a bit of depth of character giving some understanding as to why the behaviour is taking place. With Caoimhe it's just pantomine 'acting' something you'd expect from a hormonal 14 year old, very hard to watch...:(:(:(

Very impressed with Dermot, the actor is delivering the goods in spades with this storyline which is really bringing out the best in him. Kelly and 'Zoie' are very well cast and work very well together.

Sash is sizzling in all her scenes as always. :P

Orla is being found out big time in the acting stakes recently, her blubbering 'emotion' in spilling the beans to Niamh about how Caoimhe set up Rachel recently was cringe worthy. Does fine in general but those type of scenes are a real test of acting ability.

In fairness, for me the only real disappointment in those who have left recently is Barry as I do rate Pat Nolan as an actor in Fair City, hopefully he returns in the future 'on parole' or a re-trial or maybe he could get off on a technicality.

Hope the Dearbhla / Sean relationship gets a more prominent airing in the near future as I've enjoyed the dynamic there. Louis and Carol are due more screen time as well , just hope they have a decent storyline though and it's not Louis constantly wheeling the pram past Spar and complaining that he can't get any sleep with the baby or reporting that Carol is having a lie down upstairs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭IsMiseLisa

Okocim wrote: »
    I can only hope that 'Bugs Bunny Boiler' aka Caoimhe is one of those for the chop due to cutbacks in Fair City in the next few weeks. I blame the writers as much as the actor for the OTT one dimensional sighs, eyes thrown to heaven, strops ect...even the most psychotic and vile characters in other soaps have a bit of depth of character giving some understanding as to why the behaviour is taking place. With Caoimhe it's just pantomine 'acting' something you'd expect from a hormonal 14 year old, very hard to watch...:(:(:(

Personally, I think the directors should all be sacked. They are responsible for getting the best out of their actors. :o

Also, of late, I've been really distracted by how often a scene will begin or end with characters either storming into a scene or storming out of it. The characters rarely partake in stationary conversation (they're ALWAYS going somewhere).

It drives me crazy. Character walks in. Character has two lines of dialogue. Character huffs off/Character exits in good spirits. Next character walks in on another set. Continue cycle until approx. 26 minutes of television has been produced.

:mad:

That said, the last few weeks of FC have a bit better than usual.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31 robot5

Okocim wrote: »

Very impressed with Dermot, the actor is delivering the goods in spades with this storyline which is really bringing out the best in him. Kelly and 'Zoie' are very well cast and work very well together.

Sash is sizzling in all her scenes as always. :P

Orla is being found out big time in the acting stakes recently, her blubbering 'emotion' in spilling the beans to Niamh about how Caoimhe set up Rachel recently was cringe worthy. Does fine in general but those type of scenes are a real test of acting ability.

In fairness, for me the only real disappointment in those who have left recently is Barry as I do rate Pat Nolan as an actor in Fair City, hopefully he returns in the future 'on parole' or a re-trial or maybe he could get off on a technicality.

Hope the Dearbhla / Sean relationship gets a more prominent airing in the near future as I've enjoyed the dynamic there. Louis and Carol are due more screen time as well , just hope they have a decent storyline though and it's not Louis constantly wheeling the pram past Spar and complaining that he can't get any sleep with the baby or reporting that Carol is having a lie down upstairs.

Carol and Louie need some more storylines. Something connected to Tracey or bring back Vivien and the kids to get to know their new brother jacksey.

Couldn't some fella have a storyline where he is going bald and can't take it.

Ken and Deirdre come back to support Dermot. I don't mean the ones in Coronation Street!

Couldn't some fella have a storyline where he is going bald and can't take it.
    I may steal this idea for a film.
    Louie should leave , anyone remember that joyriding film carol was in when she was about 30 but was pretending to be 15 , quality.
    I think susan should start meeting up with damo to give him some slaps again , just some no strings slaps nothing serious.That was what got me back into fair city. Best storyline in a soap ever. I think some one should buy a fishtank think of the hilarity that would ensue. Maybe they should have a flatscreen for the football in either mcCoys or the station , they are losing out on alot of business . Maybe that fella that goes with the youngest dillon will realise what a wet blanket she is.

Caoimhe falls pregnant with triplets or Judith gets seriously injured in a car crash and Tommy drove the car. Some more gripping plots needed seriously. Hope story writers get a peak at this page sometime. They are very short on ideas. We need a Trevor Jordache or a Phil Mitchell, nasty nick, a tricky Dicky type of a git like the bloke who married Gail the gullible in corrie, a B. like Janine, some sort of a mysterious shady, psycho nutjob who is unmissable on screen. A character being stalked. Fair City, please find a person who holds viewers spellbound and at the edge of their seats asap for Gawd's sake-as Paul Brennan might say himself.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Fair City does actually have Trevor Jordache you know.:P

deadly-brookside-290x400.jpg

Bob is deadly , you do forget some of these are real actors that were in other stuff sometimes and think its just something a youth club made lol , its good to be reminded.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭rogercar

cloptrop wrote: »
    Yeah i think louie is a real lump of dead wood lately , even the affair with carol storyline was ruined by him being in it, hes as wooden as a timber frame house.
    The comment I made about Louie being killed off next month was a joke, intended for Angel01, as we all know on here, well, let's just say she likes him. It was not meant to be an insult to the character Louie or the actor who plays him. Louie is one of my favourite male characters in FC. That said, I much prefer Louie when he is playing the hard nosed business man type. Havn't seen FC all week. Will have to catch-up over the weekend. Thank God for sky+.;)

An excellent actor definitely playing Bob Charles. I was referring though to the former character bryan murray played - Brookside's villain. I'd like to see a character like Trevor in Fair City.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,189 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

iceblue wrote: »

Future spoilers are nearly always tagged but sometimes if it a spoiler e.g. an exit is being discussed it dont be tagged

rogercar wrote: »
    The comment I made about Louie being killed off next month was a joke, intended for Angel01, as we all know on here, well, let's just say she likes him. It was not meant to be an insult to the character Louie or the actor who plays him. Louie is one of my favourite male characters in FC. That said, I much prefer Louie when he is playing the hard nosed business man type. Havn't seen FC all week. Will have to catch-up over the weekend. Thank God for sky+.;)

Louie playing the doting dad and only playing the doting dad is boring.

vektarman wrote: »
    Niamh decides to become more pro-active in Pauls garage to boost flagging sales. :)

niamhascrumpet.jpg?w=490&h=275

That picture is a few years old definitely and fortunately for me reminds me of Mrs McCarthy as she is today.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

Yeah, Niamh was a great looking woman in her day.. She'd probably collapse the car now..

None of us are getting any younger. I think her weight suits her character, she's a working mother who just does not have any time for herself.

cofy wrote: »
    None of us are getting any younger. I think her weight suits her character, she's a working mother who just does not have any time for herself.
    Plenty of time for cake though , she could chose healthy food over junk food, maybe eat a little less , dont make excuses for her, its like when people say celebrities are skinny cause they have fitness trainers,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,no they are skinny cause they work out and eat less and healthily , the fitness trainer doesnt eat the food for them

It isn't always due to over indulgence of food guys. I'm not saying this actress has health disorders affecting her but there are some nasty conditions that are not going to be controlled by medication. Niamh's face is younger in that picture and her hair is more different now. She had longer wavy, brighter red hair, in her younger pics which are obvious here.

cloptrop wrote: »
    Plenty of time for cake though , she could chose healthy food over junk food, maybe eat a little less , dont make excuses for her, its like when people say celebrities are skinny cause they have fitness trainers,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,no they are skinny cause they work out and eat less and healthily , the fitness trainer doesnt eat the food for them

But the fitness trainer pushes a healthier lifestyle. When you don't have time to spend on yourself anymore, its easier to slip into bad habits.

robot5 wrote: »
    It isn't always due to over indulgence of food guys. I'm not saying this actress has health disorders affecting her but there are some nasty conditions that are not going to be controlled by medication. Niamh's face is younger in that picture and her hair is more different now. She had longer wavy, brighter red hair, in her younger pics which are obvious here.

I've noticed that, sometimes when people put on a little weight they look younger. It may be argued that in Niamh's case some people will say that she put on too much weight. But from observing normal life - I would say that she is normal (again for the character she is playing).

I wouldn't offer good nutrition info to anyone. I am a chocaholic myself.

Keeping an eye on the calories is a challenge for men and women. Easier said than done.

I wouldn't tell my wife to cut down on the calories IF she had a sweet tooth. I'd end up in the divorce courts....or worse. I ain't stupid.

Theres keeping the eye on the calories and endless eating , eating out of boredom , eating cause you can, eating when you get a chance ,
    Like keeping an eye on calories doesnt even come into it if you just substitute **** food with good food. Most people wont do that though because they dont feel like eating good food<not hungry> but want to eat crap , < gluten>
    Back on topic now , should niamh join slim star and lose a few quid then get somethin racy out of neasas new underwear shop and surprise paul

• Advertisement

robot5 wrote: »
    I wouldn't tell my wife to cut down on the calories IF she had a sweet tooth. I'd end up in the divorce courts....or worse. I ain't stupid.
    If she had a sweet tooth it wouldnt worry you to be in the divorce courts so much.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement