Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v2]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

robot5 wrote: »
    I wouldn't offer good nutrition info to anyone. I am a chocaholic myself.

A square off thread but if your a chocaholic, try just putting one square of chocolate into your mouth and letting it melt (I have found that no matter how much I crave chocolate, I'm not able for another square).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

cofy wrote: »
    A square off thread but if your a chocaholic, try just putting one square of chocolate into your mouth and letting it melt (I have found that no matter how much I crave chocolate, I'm not able for another square).
    Try punching yourself in the face whenever you have chocolate, if you stick to this regime , you will start to realise that chocolate isnt that good or addictive, its not worth a punch in the face like.
    Does anybody in fair city smoke?Not even the bishops i dont think.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Lads, a lot of the drama in this thread during the week was due to derogatory and cruel comments about the appearance of some actors in this show. And now what do you go and do? Continue to make derogatory and cruel comments about the appearance of actors in this show.

I've deleted some of the nastier posts from the last 12 hours.

This stops now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

cloptrop wrote: »
    Does anybody in fair city smoke?Not even the bishops i dont think.

Carol used to, am presuming she still does, she was always smoking outside the pub.

An exclusive sneak peek at the script for Sunday's episode.

Caoimhe thought she could turn on the charm and Decco would come running back but unfortunately she doesn't seem to realise quite who she's dealing with. Decco has had enough of Caoimhe being a spoiled brat and has decided to get his own back.

Decco convinces Caoimhe that he has spent the bribe money on an engagement ring and makes sure that she has a great time in McCoy's announcing the good news to Carrigstown. Caoimhe doesn't see what's coming though and wakes up to a nasty surprise on Sunday morning.
    Decco humiliates her, making sure she knows the ring is fake and that he's really spending the bribe money on a trip to Spain.

DECCO
    What do you want?
    CAOIMHE
    What are you doing?
    DECCO
    I'm getting out of here
    CAOIMHE
    Why?
    DECCO
    Because I'm finished with you. I'm going to get someone I can spell.
    CAOIMHE
    It was a joke.
    DECCO
    Next time you want to annoy your parents, get a tattoo. Leave me out of it.
    CAOIMHE
    Decco, please.
    DECCO
    You're not wearing your rings, never mind I have some spares.
    HE TAKES SOME RINGS OUT OF HIS POCKET AND STARTS FLICKING THEM AT HER.
    DECCO
    Two euro. Two euro. One fifty. Do you feel loved yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭The Mary Clarke

angel01 wrote: »
    Carol used to, am presuming she still does, she was always smoking outside the pub.

She probably quit when she was pregnant, I don't really remember seeing her smoke since, though possibly she did with the stress of the paternity test!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 robot5

Mr E wrote: »
    Lads, a lot of the drama in this thread during the week was due to derogatory and cruel comments about the appearance of some actors in this show. And now what do you go and do? Continue to make derogatory and cruel comments about the appearance of actors in this show.

I've deleted some of the nastier posts from the last 12 hours.

This stops now.

Thank you moderator. This thread lost a member a few days ago and another member received an infraction. Lets learn from this and move on.
    Back to discussing FAIR CITY. Onwards and upwards....................

Thanks Angel for using the option to cover the spoilers and providing them.

If Val's house was haunted, now that would be interesting. I'd love to see Christy, Ray, Wayne and Robert being the first few people to encounter Sarah, the restless spirit who wants to keep in touch!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

If you could have any one character back, living or dead, who would you choose?

I would choose ( probably the same as a good few posters here ) Billy Meehan. He played his part so well and he would show the Bishops what BAD really was! Its hard to believe its over 10 years since he was killed off.

I'd like to see Hannah and Helen, mondo and Anne Clarke

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭rogercar

max life wrote: »

I would choose ( probably the same as a good few posters here ) Billy Meehan. He played his part so well and he would show the Bishops what BAD really was! Its hard to believe its over 10 years since he was killed off.
    For me it has to be Geraldine. She was brilliant. I loved it when she trashesd the bistro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

max life wrote: »

Billy would be bottom of my list. A deeply unpleasant villain played by a overrated actor.

I'd go for one of these three

- Terence (urbane and sophisticated)
    - Dr Jack Shanahan (sound guy and good doctor)
    - Frank Wiseman from the pizza parlour (just a cool dude)

I would love to see Helen back, I loved her, a really great character apart from her, I would love to have Anne Clarke, Doug and Hughie back :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 934 ✭✭✭C-J

One of my earliest memories of fair city is the storyline where damiens dad tried to kill them all. Loved it and don't think its been rivalled since. I'd like to see a long lost uncle/aunt arrive and tell damien that his father is still alive, mark damien and laura then conspire to take him down and we'd have a whodunnit!!

I want doug to comme back and run for mayor again.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

nlgbbbblth wrote: »
    - Dr Jack Shanahan (sound guy and good doctor)

Are you trolling? He was a serial rapist.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

I enjoyed doug too...wasn't he petes son? I thought both of them were very under-used when they were in it together. And even now, Pete is one of the better actors in the show (apart from Bob, of course!!) and he continues to be very under-used. I wonder is that because of the actors schedule itself, or the scriptwriters not knowing a good thing when they have it??

And less of the remarks about Niamh please - she is a fab actress - one of the things I have always noticed about her over the years is how healthy and beautiful her hair is..healthy hair is a major sign of good health and even with her recent weight gain, she's obviously doing something right. I'm a big fan of Niamh:)

iguana wrote: »
    serial gets eaten every day in fair city , as soon as someone starts raping it theres uproar.

Here we go again...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=76479683&postcount=2143

Yes I know we've had this discussion before. It's just a really weird, not even slightly funny joke to keep making. Hence I asked if you were trolling.

• Advertisement

Yes I know we've had this discussion before. It's just a really weird, not even slightly funny joke to keep making. Hence I asked if you were trolling.

I don't think it's trolling but you obviously have a different view.

The "Billy Meehan was great, let's bring him back" cheerleading seems pretty weird to me too.

On the risk that people get really offended can I just say Im joking first,

If you actually compare the amount of lives he saved compared with the amount he ruined ,

The "Billy Meehan was great, let's bring him back" cheerleading seems pretty weird to me too.

Not if it's what people actually think. People can enjoy watching a villain/amoral character on tv, look how popular The Sopranos was or how much people love Eric on True Blood.

If you thought Jack was a great character and really enjoyed the stories he was involved in that would be fair comment, but constantly saying that the serial rapist was a sound bloke smacks of trolling.

Not if it's what people actually think. People can enjoy watching a villain/amoral character on tv, look how popular The Sopranos was or how much people love Eric on True Blood.

If you thought Jack was a great character and really enjoyed the stories he was involved in that would be fair comment, but constantly saying that the serial rapist was a sound bloke smacks of trolling.
    Calling someone a troll can get you an infraction , itys an insult on a charachter.I got one before for this.

If you got infracted for it before why start it again?! It just sounds odd, like saying you meet up with Larry Murphy every friday night for pints and a chinwag

I never said anything good BOUT THIS FELLA , i dont know who he is , i didnt watch fc during his time , your anger is aimed at that other poster

Dr. Jack was a caring doctor on the surface. The facade was the caring doc. Beneath this lurked the mindset of a rapist. Isn't that a clear realistic impression of how these people appear. They can fool people into believing they are the nicest person on the planet and yet they are actually the lowest of the low. That is how I see Dr. Jack Shanahan and the real life monsters who commit serious crime such as rape and murder.

Hmmm.

I did acknowledge Dr Jack's problems in a previous post.

Don't get too worked up about this - it's only a fictional character in a soap opera.

I'm not angry I just think that jokes about rape etc are absolutely off limit hence why these topics are dealt with so sensitively in soaps.

• Advertisement

Just as well he was fictional.

Mags and Eunice were good characters too. Hughie and Natalie were a good couple to watch. It would be nice to see Hughie visit Christy. I also thought the character of Billy Meehan's sister was interesting to watch. I think her name was Chrissie. It would be good to see Louie meet her. Carol's former sister-in-law. He would really know what Carol had to put up with while married to the soap's big villain.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement