Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v2]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

Caoimhe looking the psycho , in the dressing gown and coat , runnin around the village like a maniac.
    This was top class telly , excellent job fair city .
    They have started dressing Niamh properly and she actually isnt big at all. Maybe they do read my posts.
    Fingers crossed for my john Deagen undercover gay storyline .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Alice1

cloptrop wrote: »
    Caoimhe looking the psycho , in the dressing gown and coat , runnin around the village like a maniac.
    This was top class telly , excellent job fair city .
    They have started dressing Niamh properly and she actually isnt big at all. Maybe they do read my posts.
    Fingers crossed for my john Deagen undercover gay storyline .
    No, no cloptrop. I don't want (my beloved) Deegan to be gay. *Ali swoons*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

Ben is starting to annoy me. I hope Jo gets custody so he leaves the program.

Alice1 wrote: »
    No, no cloptrop. I don't want (my beloved) Deegan to be gay. *Ali swoons*
    He wouldnt really be gay hed just be "working on a case" to catch some international gay drug traffickers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Fantastic episode tonight loving Caoimhe at the moment.
    When Ben was asking Dermot all the questions I thought Dermot was going to suggest going for a mcdonalds.

Is there a possibility that Dermot is gay, that would be a very interesting turn.

• Advertisement

deelite wrote: »
    Fantastic episode tonight loving Caoimhe at the moment.
    When Ben was asking Dermot all the questions I thought Dermot was going to suggest going for a mcdonalds.

Is there a possibility that Dermot is gay, that would be a very interesting turn.
    yeah with john deegan

• Registered Users Posts: 40 jenny30

I was engrossed in tonights episode and thought it was fantastic. The scene between Dermot and Paul was wonderful. The scene with Caoimhe running around in pyjamas was great and the scene withe the Ben annoying Dermot was very well acted by the child who plays Ben and Dermot. There is a great chemistry between these two. I do have a question though. Is Decco coming back? I didn't realise he was going to Spain!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭pavcro10

Hope to god that's the last we see of Decco.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Does anyone else think the writers of Fair City were being very unfair to the actor who plays Dermot tonight? That conversation he had with Paul where he talked about looking at himself in the mirror and his less than adequate personal appearance?
    I mean, if any one of us said something similar in this thread, we'd probably get banned :pac: :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 robot5

I think Dermot probably suffers from low self esteem. I think he really didn't believe he would ever be able to find someone to marry him until he met Jo. He changed from being a sort of politician cracking jokes and concentrating on his job as a councillor and future as a TD. This was his entire world. Once he had married, his priorities changed. Jo's health scare and the death of her sister put things in perspective. They also had to deal with the painful reality of not becoming parents to children of their own. He became concerned about being a good husband and father to a baby who needed both of them and couldn't be cared for by his natural mother. Ben is their much loved son. This is a lot for a married couple to deal with. He was devoted to his family but Jo was his world and he feels betrayed by her now. I think he feels insecure and a bit lost without his anchor - Jo. He is confused and too hurt at the moment to think about forgiveness. Perhaps, in time he will feel able to do so. The betrayal is still a bit too raw at the moment. Poor Dermot.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Ciderswigger

pavcro10 wrote: »

:eek: Get out! :p:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

:eek::eek::eek:

I hope Decco is back soon and just is taking a break or something from the show. I love Decco and think he plays the part so well. Hope they bring Zumo back next :D

I thought Charlotte was great last night, she was so irritating especially towards Caoimhe that I couldn't help but laugh :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

Does anyone else think Dean and Sash are being very casual about the return of Robert? I don't think Robert will be very happy, in fact he'll be very angry and they won't like him when he's angry....

• Registered Users Posts: 86,189 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

This was all shot on an Iphone 4S I believe!! Starring the actors who play Zumo and Mark!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

has anyone noticed that Dean Dowling is really a copper topper? The head is dyed off him. When Will they ever get rid of bella Doyle? he is the worst actor ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭pavcro10

angel01 wrote: »

:eek::eek::eek:

I hope Decco is back soon and just is taking a break or something from the show. I love Decco and think he plays the part so well. Hope they bring Zumo back next :D
    :D

We will agree to disagree. I think Decco and Zumo are two of the most shocking actors on the books! Caoimhe excluded of course.

Feeling sorry for dermot. Think it's interesting now for him. So used to having him flanked by Jo. It's nice to see him on his own, and he's a good actor so he's well able to carry it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭xalot

Just watched Hilday Fay and sorcha (who plays Orla) on the late late. I really miss Tracey, wish they'd bring her back. Sorcha came across as just like her character, she was a bit affected I thought....

did anybody else think it was really bad that 5 girls sang but they only interviewed the four famous ones....

We will agree to disagree. I think Decco and Zumo are two of the most shocking actors on the books! Caoimhe excluded of course.

Feeling sorry for dermot. Think it's interesting now for him. So used to having him flanked by Jo. It's nice to see him on his own, and he's a good actor so he's well able to carry it.

I love Decco and Zumo. I have to disagree.. :( I think Decco is very believable in that role and plays it well.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,189 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I love Decco and Zumo. I have to disagree.. :( I think Decco is very believable in that role and plays it well.

I agree I think the Bishop boys are great

• Advertisement

I miss Denzo,, remember when he went out and got sashes ring from the junkie, he came in all battered then handed her the ring, that scene nearly made me cry a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 robot5

I think Decco is an interesting addition to the show. Plenty of potential there for lots of storylines. The actor plays this part so well. I hope his departure is temporary. Zumo is also a character that has made an impression on me. I can't say I would warm to them if they lived near me but they do add an edge to the show. Entertaining and interesting.
    I don't understand how anyone can feel Jim Bartley is not a good actor. He is one of a long list of talented irish actors.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

robot5 wrote: »
    I think Decco is an interesting addition to the show. Plenty of potential there for lots of storylines. The actor plays this part so well. I hope his departure is temporary. Zumo is also a character that has made an impression on me. I can't say I would warm to them if they lived near me but they do add an edge to the show. Entertaining and interesting.
    I don't understand how anyone can feel Jim Bartley is not a good actor. He is one of a long list of talented irish actors.

Well there you go. Jim Bartley is probably the worst actor in it and that's saying something!Yer man that plays Leo runs him close though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

xalot wrote: »
    Sorcha came across as just like her character.

it's not that unusual.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

Sounds like I missed a great episode. Could someone give me a very short review..?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

:I thought Charlotte was great last night
    I wish someone gave her a proper hair style, her current hair style does very little for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Sounds like I missed a great episode. Could someone give me a very short review..?

Paul walked in on Dermot and John Deegan in a clinch. Caoimhe walked around in her pj's and is back living with her parents.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Alice1

deelite wrote: »
    Paul walked in on Dermot and John Deegan in a clinch. Caoimhe walked around in her pj's and is back living with her parents.
    Silvio they are winding you up - Dermot and (my beloved) Deegan were not in a cinch. The bit about Caoimhe is true. State of her, runnin' round Carrigstown in her PJs, hood up and that coat on her. The Bishop boyfriend (forget his name) left her a "surprise" in her breakfast cereal - there were a number of "diamond" rings in the cereal. Vivienne came in and picked up one of the rings and said "pah, €2". Yer wan Caoimhe was disgusta and went running up an' down Main Street, Carrigstown searching for the Bishop boyfriend cos she was gonna kill him.

Anyway, he sez something like "Caoimhe, yer a bitch" and hops in a taxi to go to the airport to go to Spain to live with Granny Bishop and the other Bishop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

robot5 wrote: »

I agree with you, especially with regard to Jim Bartley, but may be I am biased, he judged a competition we were in a good few years ago, he came across as an absolutly good humoured gentleman, also quite modest.

• Advertisement

Awh did anyone see deegan kissing dermot, that was not on,

I had to explain to my son why that man was kissing that other man.

At that hour of the night fair city.He was handcuffing him to the bed.

Im writing a letter of complaint.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement