Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v2]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 robot5

Looking forward to Robert's return. Dean wasn't too pleased to receive the news!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

robot5 wrote: »
    Looking forward to Robert's return. Dean wasn't too pleased to receive the news!

Where exactly has Robert been all this time? What about all those people in Carrigstown with trapped nerves, cricked necks and back problems? What about those poor unfortunate people??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Where exactly has Robert been all this time? What about all those people in Carrigstown with trapped nerves, cricked necks and back problems? What about those poor unfortunate people??

Harry there's a recession all non medical card holders are going to the Chinese lady in Moore St - 20 euro and she'll get rid of your stiff neck!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭IsMiseLisa

Why would anyone of sound mind so much as dream up (let alone imagine) a clinch between Deegan and Dermot?

:eek::o:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Alice1

IsMiseLisa wrote: »
    Why would anyone of sound mind so much as dream up (let alone imagine) a clinch between Deegan and Dermot?

:eek::o:D
    But I don't want to imagine it Ismiselisa - tis that Cloptrop - keeps telling me about it and mentioning things and then I get all airyated....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Sunday
    Dean becomes concerned that Leo is falling for Sandie again. Dean and Sandie end up bickering in the house, and he accuses her of taking advantage of him when he was younger. Grabbing her hand, Dean is shocked when Sandie cries out in pain. He then realises that she was beaten up and Sandie milks his sympathy.

Later, Dean learns that Robert is leaving and runs after him. He gets emotional saying goodbye, before going off drinking. When he arrives back to his house, Sandie is down in the sitting room. Sandie realises that Dean is tipsy and takes advantage of this by kissing him - witnessed by Shannon, who is halfway down the stairs.

Meanwhile, Paul uses some of his daughter-father time and invites Charlotte to have lunch, which irritates Rachel. Charlotte covers her jealousy of Rachel and later steals her geography notes.

Elsewhere, Sash gets upset over Robert's departure.

Tuesday
    Shannon is horrible to Dean as she is still reeling from what she saw. At the same time, Dean approaches Sandie and tells her that he doesn't trust her and knows she's up to something. Later, Dean and Leo chat about his attempts to get Sash to talk to him. Leo tells Dean to keep pursuing her as he knows that Sash still has feelings for him.

Later, Dean is elated when Sash agrees to give him a second chance. However, Val is shocked when Shannon tells her that she saw her mum and Dean kissing. She persuades Shannon that she must have been mistaken. Later, though, there's more potential for trouble as sneaky Sandie tells a distraught Sash that Dean kissed her and couldn't get enough of her.

Meanwhile, Dermot becomes increasingly dependent on Kelly and is shocked when he sees that Zoe is doing the ironing. He takes control and vows to do the majority of the housework himself. Later, Dearbhla and Dermot meet and are awkward with one another, but soon make up and put the past behind them. Orla tries to assure a worried Niamh that Dermot is coping, before Dermot defends his parenting skills to Niamh.

Elsewhere, Laura encourages Wayne to get involved in the garage and to invest his money in that. Wayne mentions this to Dolores, but she's not enthusiastic about it. Dolores becomes flustered when Laura and Val comment on how in love she and Pete are. She decides that she needs to dampen Pete's passionate expectations.

Wednesday
    Dean is worried when Sash ignores him on the street, as he is unaware of the lies that Sandie has spread about him. Dean goes back to the house and is horrified to learn that Sandie told Sash that he kissed her. A triumphant Sandie declares that he won't be able to shake off his bad reputation, and she then manipulates Shannon into believing that it was Dean who kissed her. Dean runs to McCoys bar and is gutted when Sash doesn't want anything to do with him.

Dean is also upset that Leo believes Sandie over him, and he is helpless to stop Shannon from backing up Sandie's lie. Later, a drunk Dean tries to kiss Yvonne. He is brought home by Damien and they meet Leo on the road, who is very disappointed by Dean's behaviour. He tells him to leave the house by tomorrow.

Meanwhile, Dermot begs Niamh for help with his children, but still fails to admit that he is not coping. Orla assures a stressed Dermot that she and Niamh will continue to support him. She is grateful when Leo offers her a full-time job in the taxi dispatch unit and agrees to take it. Later, Niamh minds Ben and brings him to the Hungry Pig for lunch. She is worried about his bold behaviour and notes that he is really missing his mum. They meet Emily, the social worker, and she becomes suspicious when Niamh makes a comment about Jo and her absence.

Elsewhere, Dolores and Pete aren't on the same page regarding their living arrangements, while Sean is disappointed that Dearbhla hasn't applied for courses in Dublin.

Thursday
    Niamh is on tenterhooks after yesterday's encounter with Emily. Soon afterwards, Dermot is shocked when Emily arrives at his doorstep asking if they can talk. An upset and apologetic Dermot finally tells Emily that he has spilt with Jo. She then explains that he has broken the rules and it's a serious offence which will be reviewed by the committee.

Emily is unconvinced when Dermot claims they are managing. She reveals that it's unlikely the girls will be allowed to stay and Dermot wonders if Jo realises the damage she has caused. Dermot tells a distraught Kelly and Zoe that they may have to leave Carrigstown, before breaking down to Orla.

Meanwhile, Damien and Wayne warn a hungover Dean that he is in serious trouble with Yvonne and he needs to grovel to get his job back. Later, Yvonne refuses to accept his apology and tells him that she has hired a new chef. Dean also realises that Sandie has the upper hand and, no matter what he says, he won't be believed. Damien suggests to a depressed Dean that he should go to London to his brother for a break. When Dean tells Leo that he is planning to move away, Leo retorts that he is running away.

Elsewhere, Pete moves some personal items into Dolores's flat, making her very nervous. He suggests to Dolores that they should move in full time, but she declines, saying she's happy how she is. Later, Dolores and Wayne are shocked when a distressed Lucy turns up.

Also today, Sean walks away from Dearbhla when they fight about her move to Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

nlgbbbblth wrote: »
    it's not that unusual.
    Its a real tell tale sign of a poor actor.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,189 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Eradicate

Madness that they are getting shot of two of the better, young men, actors in such quick succession!

It really is startling how many are leaving the show. Will there be anyone left? :(

• Advertisement

A day in the life of Sorcha Furlong who plays Orla:

http://www.independent.ie/health/diet-fitness/i-dread-the-thought-of-early-morning-exercise-2996499.html

The character Orla is now not back to RTE till March.
    Sorcha is due back on the RTE set in March and insisted the soap's producers "graciously" gave her time to pursue the project.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    So
    Robert
    leaves :(
    It also looks like
    Dearbla
    will be leaving to go to
    college in Galway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 934 ✭✭✭C-J

Ah good oul derv will be my alumni. Lets hope she doesnt suffer the same fate leaning over the counter in supermacs as that poor girl in the viral picture, poor judith wouldnt be able to take it! :p

DeepBlue wrote: »
    It also looks like
    Dearbla
    will be leaving to go to
    college in Galway

There will be noone left soon so we may as well audition for new roles.. :eek:

I plan to be Louie's former girlfriend who dragged him into a spiral of alcohol, cocaine and some damn good sex... it might spice the show up a bit ;):D

angel01 wrote: »
    There will be noone left soon so we may as well audition for new roles.. :eek:

I plan to be Louie's former girlfriend who dragged him into a spiral of alcohol, cocaine and some damn good sex... it might spice the show up a bit ;):D

Hopefully part of that storyline includes Louie leaving :)

Hopefully part of that storyline includes Louie leaving :)

Not a chance :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

Sash is as rough as an early Sunday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

I think that Val is going to end up with Christy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 934 ✭✭✭C-J

Aw robert and sash belong together!! :( I had to laugh when Leo was on the phone to Val and was still doing crazy hand movements!! Terrible acting. Charlotte needs a good kick up the arse, precocious little madam!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭endakenny

Robert is definitely the better man, Sash would be mad to stay with Dean.

MrsD007 wrote: »
    Robert is definitely the better man, Sash would be mad to stay with Dean.

Neasa should butt out she can be as annoying as Caoimhe

Charlotte was horrid to her mother tonight I felt sorry for Vivienne

Nessa should butt out she can be as annoying as Caoimhe

Charlotte was horrid to her mother tonight I felt sorry for Vivienne
    Liz, I actually think Neasa on this occasion is only looking out for Sash, she has always been rooting for Sash and Robert to get together.

MrsD007 wrote: »
    Liz, I actually think Neasa on this occasion is only looking out for Sash, she has always been rooting for Sash and Robert to get together.

Neasa has always been against Dean since what he did to Caoimhe

Neasa is giving Robert false hope in thinking Sasha still wants him even if she might it should be up to Sasha only if that makes sense

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Looks like a love triangle going to happen...poor sash spoilt for choice...she have to decide. Dean is more suited to her but if she deserves a proper relationship than just a fun fling then true love and happiness with robert might turn out to be ideal for her! We just have to wait and see.

Seriously Neasa needs to stop meddling in peoples love lives! geesh!

• Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

Alice1 wrote: »
    Silvio they are winding you up - Dermot and (my beloved) Deegan were not in a cinch. The bit about Caoimhe is true. State of her, runnin' round Carrigstown in her PJs, hood up and that coat on her. The Bishop boyfriend (forget his name) left her a "surprise" in her breakfast cereal - there were a number of "diamond" rings in the cereal. Vivienne came in and picked up one of the rings and said "pah, €2". Yer wan Caoimhe was disgusta and went running up an' down Main Street, Carrigstown searching for the Bishop boyfriend cos she was gonna kill him.

Anyway, he sez something like "Caoimhe, yer a bitch" and hops in a taxi to go to the airport to go to Spain to live with Granny Bishop and the other Bishop.

Thank you Alice...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

DeepBlue wrote: »
    It also looks like
    Dearbla
    will be leaving to go to
    college in Galway

I knew it had to be Galway. :D

I can't believe that Robert might be leaving. I thought it was very funny tonight when he listed all of Dean's shortcomings.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭pavcro10

Im really sad watching these episodes, knowing the two boys are leaving in the next 2 weeks.:(. Two of my favourites.

• Advertisement

I knew it had to be Galway. :D
    Harry, They send all the trouble makers to Cork - Jo Fahy and Paul's ex-wife, Nicola Prendergast ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement