Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v2]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭Gingersnaps

I hate the way Paul never shows any belief in Rachel. He's always too ready to think the worst of her. Also, we never see him being paternal with Ruth. He never has any interaction with her at all. He doesn't come across as being a good Dad.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

The 2.49 Eur one, yep she is a Bishop alright.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

Shannon's London accent faded fairly rapidly... I take it they were in London..?

The 2.49 Eur one, yep she is a Bishop alright.

€2.49? Spar are daylight robbers...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭IsMiseLisa

I can't understand why Rachel and Charlotte are friends. All they do is shriek at each other.

• Advertisement

'Full bodied, dark with a depth...' Great line Sandie...:)

Robert you plonker...

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭dirtypanties

I'm really going to miss Robert:(
    Best character they've had in years!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭Gingersnaps

I hate the way Paul never shows any belief in Rachel. He's always too ready to think the worst of her. Also, we never see him being paternal with Ruth. He never has any interaction with her at all. He doesn't come across as being a good Dad.

I take it back.:o He just had Ruth in his arms.:o Still wish he'd give Rachel a break though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭branie

I'm surprised Leo agreed with Sandie about sending Shannon to boarding school. He should be fighting for custody of her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Alice1

Shannon's London accent faded fairly rapidly... I take it they were in London..?
    Were they in London? Thought Sandie / Leo mentioned Waterford?

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭sue z

Hahahah "Cancer Chancer" :) I dont think Charlotte is too bad of an actor, she played the scene where Rachel apologised really well.

Shannon is brutal...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Nick Guats

Sandie and shannon were in england the last time we heard about them but im sure the writers have forgotten that. Is shannon the worst child actress since the old rachel ?

Nick Guats wrote: »
    Sandie and shannon were in england the last time we heard about them but im sure the writers have forgotten that.

That could be it...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

I must say Sandie (Charlotte Bradley) is looking very well...:) She hasn't aged a day...

http://www.rte.ie/ten/2012/0125/faircity.html

I dont agree...looks haggered

• Closed Accounts Posts: 934 ✭✭✭C-J

Ahh the temptation to smother charlotte with one of her wigs and smack pauls shiny globe!!! The girl who plays rachel is playing a blinder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

Im just not feeling the Leo storyline, its so unbelievable, badly scripted, acted and now I know the outcome because of the spoilers I am also disapointed at where they are going with it.
    I loved caoimhe the other night turning up in the parents house , and just going on like nothing happened. Ive been there a number of times in my late teens , early 20s.
    I tried to give up smoking today and I went 24 hours by having one smoke. Im now off to the 24 hour garage to get 20 . Maybe someone in fair city should smoke. Maybe Pauls daughter should take it up , then she would have to buy them over the internet because they are so rare in carrickstown that Phelans Spar never bothered stocking them. You can buy fresh tobacco off Tommy Dillon but his plantation has been on the wane since his marriage problems and they say he is mixing it with saw dust.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,189 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Caomihe should tell Rachel and Paul that Charlotte knew she had robbed the make up then Paul might reward her with another wink ;)

So Robert was in love with Sash one night and really liked her another night :confused:

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Caomihe should tell Rachel and Paul that Charlotte knew she had robbed the make up then Paul might reward her with another wink ;)

So Robert was in love with Sash one night and really liked her another night :confused:

Robert is the queen of hot and cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

Why did they bring robert back at all? I don't get that bit! He declares he loves her one night, the next night declares he probably doesn't love her at all and then he leaves:confused: What did it achieve by bringing him back?

• Advertisement

Fittle wrote: »
    Why did they bring robert back at all? I don't get that bit! He declares he loves her one night, the next night declares he probably doesn't love her at all and then he leaves:confused: What did it achieve by bringing him back?

To tell Neasa that Sash was better than Caoimhe :p

• Registered Users Posts: 55,511 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Fittle wrote: »

Bit of a head scratcher alright.

saw an ad today saying the actress that plats orla is leaving why jesus there be no-one left

also i missed fair city over emmerdale jesus put it on rte player eastenders home and away is on there but not its flagship soap wtf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Okocim

I think the point was to show that Robert is only able to give all of his heart to one woman, and that woman is Cleo. He met Sash, they got on well, he started to like her, then like her a lot more but the more he liked her the more he realised that he really loved Cleo. The good moments he had with Sash reminded him of the good moments he had with Cleo, and he loved the time he had with Cleo, and Sash reminded him of this therefore mixing up the love feelings.

Love can be complicated and i think that the writers deserve credit for highlighting this in a subtle and real way that makes the viewer think! :)

Ultimately Cleo broke Robers heart, and Robert has broken Sash's heart. Sash probably is just beginning to realise that she really does love Robert, but it's too late.

Great storyline. Well done Fair City and well done to the two actors who have played this brilliantly.

Okocim wrote: »
    I think the point was to show that Robert is only able to give all of his heart to one woman, and that woman is Cleo. He met Sash, they got on well, he started to like her, then like her a lot more but the more he liked her the more he realised that he really loved Cleo. The good moments he had with Sash reminded him of the good moments he had with Cleo, and he loved the time he had with Cleo, and Sash reminded him of this therefore mixing up the love feelings.

Love can be complicated and i think that the writers deserve credit for highlighting this in a subtle and real way that makes the viewer think! :)

Ultimately Cleo broke Robers heart, and Robert has broken Sash's heart. Sash probably is just beginning to realise that she really does love Robert, but it's too late.

Great storyline. Well done Fair City and well done to the two actors who have played this brilliantly.

It be nice to see Cleo back for one episode just to leave with Robert and give him a happy ending

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Sup Fair City fans?

Had to stop watching Fair City back in September due to its absence on the RTE player...
    Anyway, caught a few minutes of a repeat on my lunch break at work there today and I was intrigued to find out what has been going on with Robert, Dean and Sash?
    Also wouldn't mind knowing what some of the other characters have been at over the past 5 months - Wayne? Damian? Decco? Zumo? Keith? Orla? Neasa?
    I'd be much obliged if someone could fill me in.

Cheers,
    Captain Neg

It be nice to see Cleo back for one episode just to leave with Robert and give him a happy ending

Is she coming back?

cloptrop wrote: »
    Is she coming back?

I dont think so

Sup Fair City fans?

Had to stop watching Fair City back in September due to its absence on the RTE player...
    Anyway, caught a few minutes of a repeat on my lunch break at work there today and I was intrigued to find out what has been going on with Robert, Dean and Sash?
    Also wouldn't mind knowing what some of the other characters have been at over the past 5 months - Wayne? Damian? Decco? Zumo? Keith? Orla? Neasa?
    I'd be much obliged if someone could fill me in.

Cheers,
    Captain Neg

They have done sweet f*ck all in the last 5 months tbh only Wayne got some of his inheritance and is trying to get Lucy (psycho) into bed, Orla went on the rob with Caoimhe and Sash and Neasa live together now and Neasa knits and sews

• Advertisement

I dont think so

What is the actress that played her doing with her life these days?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement