Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v2]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

Okocim wrote: »
    I think the point was to show that Robert is only able to give all of his heart to one woman, and that woman is Cleo. He met Sash, they got on well, he started to like her, then like her a lot more but the more he liked her the more he realised that he really loved Cleo. The good moments he had with Sash reminded him of the good moments he had with Cleo, and he loved the time he had with Cleo, and Sash reminded him of this therefore mixing up the love feelings.

Love can be complicated and i think that the writers deserve credit for highlighting this in a subtle and real way that makes the viewer think! :)

Ultimately Cleo broke Robers heart, and Robert has broken Sash's heart. Sash probably is just beginning to realise that she really does love Robert, but it's too late.

Great storyline. Well done Fair City and well done to the two actors who have played this brilliantly.

Would you be a writer for FC perhchance:P:P

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭tonyclifton

Fittle wrote: »
    Would you be a writer for FC perhchance:P:P

ha ha ha yes defo a writer well spoted::))...thinks its time F/c dealt with the sucide epidemic that is sweeping Ireland and leaving familes devastated :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

ha ha ha yes defo a writer well spoted::))...thinks its time F/c dealt with the sucide epidemic that is sweeping Ireland and leaving familes devastated :(

yeah louie should do himself in, it would be in a veryy mundane way , none of the fun jump in front of a train or pretend you fecked up the auld auto erotic aphyxiation , Im sure if louie did himself in hed prob just stop drinking water till he died.
    Carol : wha r ye BAleedzin doin louie ye havnt touched yar water
    Louie: Im self destructing Carol .

Hes probably not programmed to self destruct though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Sup Fair City fans?

Had to stop watching Fair City back in September due to its absence on the RTE player...
    Anyway, caught a few minutes of a repeat on my lunch break at work there today and I was intrigued to find out what has been going on with Robert, Dean and Sash?
    Also wouldn't mind knowing what some of the other characters have been at over the past 5 months - Wayne? Damian? Decco? Zumo? Keith? Orla? Neasa?
    I'd be much obliged if someone could fill me in.

Cheers,
    Captain Neg

Hiya Cian,

Nice to see you! :)

Damien and Wayne had a bit of a rivalry going after Lucy, turns out she is a bit of a dodgy character and is very into Dolores's past and is hanging around with Wayne, moreso in a way she can find out more about Dolores :eek:

Decco has left the country, was involved in a relationship with Caoimhe and she ended up shoplifting and seemed to be using him so he played revenge and ended up going over to Spain to stay with Eileen and Denzo...

Keith hasn't been in it that much and Ray is now a driving instructor...

Zumo hasn't been around in yonks... and most of the big storylines over the last few months has been revolving around Jo & Tommy's affair. Jo has left and the Dillons are in meltdown :eek::eek:

Orla has got herself in a few scrapes, first financially, ended up having to work as Leo's cleaner and then started to shoplift.. now in trouble with the police :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

Sup Fair City fans?

Had to stop watching Fair City back in September due to its absence on the RTE player...
    Anyway, caught a few minutes of a repeat on my lunch break at work there today and I was intrigued to find out what has been going on with Robert, Dean and Sash?
    Also wouldn't mind knowing what some of the other characters have been at over the past 5 months - Wayne? Damian? Decco? Zumo? Keith? Orla? Neasa?
    I'd be much obliged if someone could fill me in.

Cheers,
    Captain Neg

Zumo was in Q Bar there the other night if that helps!

• Advertisement

cloptrop wrote: »
    What is the actress that played her doing with her life these days?

She does quite a bit of charity work I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Old Mark Halpin will be appearing on this weeks The Voice Of Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 robot5

Robert came and left so quickly. His purpose imho is to find out if there was a future with Sash or not. The Dean, Sash and Robert triangle is just proving a number of points. It also raises a number of questions for the characters to take into consideration and also for us, the viewers. I mention my version of these issues that I think might be considered by the characters below:-

BY THE WAY
    (It is also worth remembering that love triangles are pretty common plots in soapland. Fair City is just simply following a long tradition. )

1. After the insincere relationship with Caoimhe and the serious fractured relationship with Tracey, is Dean interested in a serious relationship or a fling? Is he ready to have a serious relationship after these two failed ones?

2. His reaction to Robert's potential future with Sash will make him think seriously about what he wants and make him aware of one fact. He must be willing to fight to get what he wants and not take this relationship for granted. Will he be prepared to make the necessary effort or not?

3. Sash gets an insight into Dean's character and will know if he is right for her. It will eliminate any doubts she may have with the robert factor at the back of her mind.

4. She hadn't really got 100% over Robert not staying with her before he departed. Unsolved issues. Soaps don't always leave these alone for long if a point has to be proved.

5. It challenges Dean's friendship with Robert and shows the strengths and weaker sides of both guys for Sash to see. She will know who is worth being with.

6. It shows Sash that the two guys don't care that she is a member of the Bishops family with their criminal connections. They judge her for who she is based upon her own merits.

7. It proves that Cleo is the love of Robert's life and that he was attracted to Sash because of her similarity to Cleo. He was confusing Sash with his former girlfriend. Sash realises this painful truth.

8. It clears up any confusion of feelings for the characters and they can move on with their lives now.

9. Will there be a future for Dean and Sash after Robert leaving ?

After my lesson on the philosophy of relationships I just want to add that I think that Robert was well played by the actor. He was a very interesting character to watch. I hope that he might come back again at some point. At least Fair City didn't kill his character so there is some hope!

• Registered Users Posts: 86,189 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Elmo wrote: »

What did he look like again?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭silversky

I'm delighted Cleo's gone. God those facial expressions were brutal, nearly as bad as Caoimhe's

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Cheers for the updates guys... If the "Powers That Be" ever pull the finger out and get Fair City on the RTÉ Player I'll more than likely resume watching...
    Shame to hear Sam Corry is leaving the show - probably one of the finest actors in the Country - hope to see him pop up in more stuff...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

You know the replacement Mark?

Well absolutely nothing like him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Okocim

Have to disappoint those who think that I'm a writer in Fair City! Alas, I'm not. If I was, then Robert would be staying that's for sure. Feel free to put in a good word for me though and I promise that Caoimhe will be banished to live with Granny Bishop in the Costa del Crime in the first scene ten seconds after the opening signature tune in the next episode. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

Have to disappoint those who think that I'm a writer in Fair City! Alas, I'm not. If I was, then Robert would be staying that's for sure. Feel free to put in a good word for me though and I promise that Caoimhe will be banished to live with Granny Bishop in the Costa del Crime in the first scene ten seconds after the opening signature tune in the next episode. :)

Caoimhe cannot go to Costa del Crime - she has to go to Cork (Granny Bishop was not that evil):).

cofy wrote: »
    Caoimhe cannot go to Costa del Crime - she has to go to Cork (Granny Bishop was not that evil):).

Granny Bishop would put manners on her.

Cheers for the updates guys... If the "Powers That Be" ever pull the finger out and get Fair City on the RTÉ Player I'll more than likely resume watching...
    Shame to hear Sam Corry is leaving the show - probably one of the finest actors in the Country - hope to see him pop up in more stuff...

Do you have a DVR you could series link the show on? It is a lifesaver from UPC for me.

Sam plays Robert really well but I am guessing he wants to spread his wings and do other things. I know he has been in a few films.
    JP Liz V1 wrote: »

023_6c4560b2cacb4e3e1c17cb418de09919518afc6c.jpg

Don't worry about it, I lost count of how many times I got told I either work for RTE or am a writer/producer/director/actor on the show :D

Good to see Kevin McGee writing more episodes of Fair City, always loved his writing :) Top bloke as well when I met him on the set :D

It will be interesting to see the previous 'mark' on the voice of ireland show on Sunday evening.

The actor who played Robert is right to move on to other things. It probably is not the best idea to stay in the same part for too long. However, I do think that the character was not really used to his full potential in this soap.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

With all the Bishops heading for Spain, RTE could set up a new series on the Costa del Sol, remember El Dorado !

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭sue z

Elmo wrote: »

Yaaay! I liked him :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

angel01 wrote: »
    Do you have a DVR you could series link the show on? It is a lifesaver from UPC for me.

Yeah, I've got access to UPC DVR in my apartment, but I actually just don't like watching stuff on the TV set when I'm at home - watch DVD's and everything on the good old laptop... (I'm aware this sounds weird, most people like it the other way around, but I just find it more comfortable watching stuff on the laptop).

I think they should get Tom Jones to come in and give a ticket to his concert to granny bishop . I think granny bishop should get with a french man that owns a bakery .
    Maybe her friend should get driving lessons.
    I see a day out in bray maybe while she divulges her medical problems.
    And in the end she pays off the loan shark and denzo gets an apprenticeship. All the women on the stall help her get the money for his tools.
    Could be a spin off Id call it Agnes Bishop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

cloptrop wrote: »
    I think they should get Tom Jones to come in and give a ticket to his concert to granny bishop . I think granny bishop should get with a french man that owns a bakery .
    Maybe her friend should get driving lessons.
    I see a day out in bray maybe while she divulges her medical problems.
    And in the end she pays off the loan shark and denzo gets an apprenticeship. All the women on the stall help her get the money for his tools.
    Could be a spin off Id call it Agnes Bishop.

Jesus you have some imagination there.

If you are on Twitter, you may want to follow :

Caoimhe (Aoibheann McCaul) - http://twitter.com/AoibheannMcCaul
    Neasa (Aoibhín Garrihy) - http://twitter.com/AoibhinGarrihy
    Barry (Pat Nolan) - http://twitter.com/Conarycowboy
    Brendan Spratt (Story Editor on FC) - http://twitter.com/BrendanSpratt
    Eimear Morrissey (Due to be in FC soon) - http://twitter.com/Eims_m
    Sean - (Ryan Andrews) - http://twitter.com/RyanAndrews17
    Felix - Yare Jegbefume - http://twitter.com/Topomanyare

Yeah, I've got access to UPC DVR in my apartment, but I actually just don't like watching stuff on the TV set when I'm at home - watch DVD's and everything on the good old laptop... (I'm aware this sounds weird, most people like it the other way around, but I just find it more comfortable watching stuff on the laptop).

Ah okay, I am the opposite... no worries. It is annoying they can't stick it on the player, losing out on a lot of viewers as well :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭d1975

If you are on Twitter, you may want to follow :

Caoimhe (Aoibheann McCaul) - http://twitter.com/#!/AoibheannMcCaul
    Neasa (Aoibhín Garrihy) - http://twitter.com/#!/AoibhinGarrihy
    Barry (Pat Nolan) - http://twitter.com/#!/Conarycowboy
    Brendan Spratt (Story Editor on FC) - http://twitter.com/#!/BrendanSpratt
    Eimear Morrissey (Due to be in FC soon) - http://twitter.com/#!/Eims_m
    Sean - (Ryan Andrews) - http://twitter.com/#!/RyanAndrews17
    Felix - Yare Jegbefume - http://twitter.com/#!/Topomanyare

I clicked on all the links and all I'm getting is my home page on twitter, even done search of the actors and nothing came up

d1975 wrote: »
    I clicked on all the links and all I'm getting is my home page on twitter, even done search of the actors and nothing came up

Sorry, they should work now :)

Sorry, they should work now :)

They better :D

• Registered Users Posts: 86,189 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

jos28 wrote: »
    With all the Bishops heading for Spain, RTE could set up a new series on the Costa del Sol, remember El Dorado !

Costa Del Rob more like :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭closeline

sue z wrote: »
    Yaaay! I liked him :)

Saw him in the preview for the Voice of Ireland. Still the same, still a pure ******

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement