Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v2]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86,189 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I expect Lucy might say Pete or Laura made a play for her next

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Forseti

Is Dean leaving for good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Eradicate

Forseti wrote: »
    Is Dean leaving for good?

Yes. This week I think. It was in the RTE guide, he said himself he was going. :-(

• Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

Lucy really gets on my nerves. I can't pinpoint why exactly but she does all the same...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Forseti

Eradicate wrote: »
    Yes. This week I think. It was in the RTE guide, he said himself he was going. :-(

Thanks Eradicate - gosh, there seem to be a lot of characters leaving for good in the last few weeks? :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

The script is really poor tonight..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 934 ✭✭✭C-J

Sash must definitely be pregnant in real life when the writers bring out the 'conveniently placed scarf'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭IsMiseLisa

Oh look, Laura's alive. Tbh, I forgot she existed. Hardly the most impactful of characters.

And I dunno where they found this Shannon child. As bad as Caoimhe is, at least she managed two expressions. Shannon can't manage anything beyond monotone.

Orla sits down beside Dermot in the pub and says "You were a bit hard on Dervla"... She was sitting beside him in the office ALL DAY, would she not have said that to him then..

"Does this mean we're pals again?"
    What are they, five years old..

Orla sits down beside Dermot in the pub and says "You were a bit hard on Dervla"... She was sitting beside him in the office ALL DAY, would she not have said that to him then..

"Does this mean we're pals again?"
    What are they, five years old..

The script's awful today.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

That Sandie is some wagon! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Alice1

Sandie always was a wagon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

yeah the script was rubbish, dearbhla saying that her parents wanted her to do veterinary, where did that come from? I thought it should be medicine, considering her mother is a doctor and they tried to get her sister to do medicine.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭SoapFan27

Really disappointed that the 2 lads are leaving and how rushed the love triangle was. A wasted opportunity!

Sandie is instantly unlikable, plays her part very well.

Thought Dolores was a bit mean tonight, was unlike her to be so uncharitable with Val coming over, especially as her and Pete had spent ages together in Mayo.

Good to see Damien again, hope he gets a decent storyline again soon!

Val must be gagging for it at this stage :p

Was there a kinda spark tonight between Damo and Kelly tonight :o

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Val must be gagging for it at this stage :p

Was there a kinda spark tonight between Damo and Kelly tonight :o

I thought that too - right down to his interaction with the adorable little sister there was a bit of a hint.

Kelly is meant to be what...16 or 17? How old is Damo?

IsMiseLisa wrote: »
    Kelly is meant to be what...16 or 17? How old is Damo?

I have to keep telling myself that she's still in school... because she is more like the au pair than the foster kid... Really badly cast..

• Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

Sandie wouldn't have to ask me twice...:)

Is Kelly not in college?

There is no mention of her doing the leaving cert like Dearbhla

I have to keep telling myself that she's still in school... because she is more like the au pair than the foster kid... Really badly cast..

It doesn't help that she looks 20 odd. If she actually looked 16, it'd probably be a bit creepy. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Alice1

Sandie wouldn't have to ask me twice...:)
    Silvio, you can not be serious! Sandie has aged very badly - the years have not been kind to her. And what is going on with her mouth? Is it Bell's Palsy or Botox?

****ing hell laura still alive character just dissapear fair city so bad its good

even if dermot loses the girls hell still be in the same situation with ben

how much you wanna bet laura will never have a girlfriend in fair city

fair city has no black characters or male gays its dublin for ffs

atleast we have 1 bi and one lesbian character

also good idea for fair city to to asexual character interesting and cheap to do lol

why is this soap so cheap why is there no disaters car crash like other soaps big stunts equal big ratings

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

****ing hell laura still alive character just dissapear fair city so bad its good
    Her idea of a Christmas holiday in Galway seems to stretch towards the arse end of January. Isn't she meant to be a fitness instructor? Isn't January one of the busiest months for fitness instructors with New Year's resolutions and all that??

Speak for yourself. I'm still hoping that Neasa will suddenly wake up some morning and realise she's gay, and have a raging hot affair with Laura.
    What about Felix? He even had his own account on Boards.
    There were some gay guys in it as well, back in the day when Rita still ran the shop and Bella was a giggolo.

atleast we have 1 bi and one lesbian character
    Ah come on, nobody seriously believes that Yvonne Doyle is bi. It was just a phase she was going through.
    also good idea for fair city to to asexual character interesting and cheap to do lol
    That's a very unfair thing to say about Dermish.
    why is this soap so cheap why is there no disaters car crash like other soaps big stunts equal big ratings
    Aren't you forgetting about Gina on her wedding day in the sidecar of the motorbike?? It reminded me of the opening credits of George and Mildred, only with a very grisly ending.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

• Registered Users Posts: 18,571 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Hmmm, just read the past couple of pages and I see another few characters are on the way out.
    Is this a cost saving exercise from the producers (RTE who have to slash wages/budgets this year)?
    A lot of the younger/more interesting characters are getting culled. We'll be left with the pensioners and some of the characters who have been there for years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

even if dermot loses the girls hell still be in the same situation with ben

Have you forgotten about Felix and his son? They also had a family, think they were Mum, Dad and Son, I think Udenze was their surname.

Wasn't Troy gay as well, they have had their share of gay/lesbian characters over the years.

The have done disasters like Gina's car crash, Annettes flat being burned, they don't have the budget the UK soaps have...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

The copper topper on Dean last Night was so obvious. It looks terrible.

angel01 wrote: »
    Have you forgotten about Felix and his son? They also had a family, think they were Mum, Dad and Son, I think Udenze was their surname.

Wasn't Troy gay as well, they have had their share of gay/lesbian characters over the years.

The have done disasters like Gina's car crash, Annettes flat being burned, they don't have the budget the UK soaps have...

oh yea troy i like him i forgot sorry guys

ive watched fair city all my life but i dropped out for awhile i stopped it got so bad and now i watch now

alot of people on digital spy complain about soaps being bad

its ongoing series coronation street eastenders emmerdale and fair city

you gotta stick with something through the good and bad times

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

angel01 wrote: »

Afaik, Fair City actually had the first male gay character of any of the Irish or British soaps, Eoghan Healy. He had his big 'kiss' scene with Liam in 1996 that caused ructions at the time, even though the characters' lips never even touched as Imelda interrupted them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

http://audioboo.fm/boos/649079-rio-leo

any leo fans check this out??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement