Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v2]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Graciefacey

So glad I found this place! Love fair city its my guilty pleasure, my fella hates it so now I have somewhere to vent!

• Registered Users Posts: 86,189 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

So glad I found this place! Love fair city its my guilty pleasure, my fella hates it so now I have somewhere to vent!

Welcome and vent away :p

Oh where to start! Last nights episode was quite poor but I thought it was funny how Dermot has Niamh and Orla tending to his every need, its not going to last long! There are very few single dads in soaps that I can think of so its a fresh perspective. I also thought there was a spark between Damo and Kelly but surely shes meant to be around 17 and him early 30s? The writers should write a storyline that ends up with Kelly being Carols love child, they're the cut of eachother!

Dermot is like Niamh and Orla's daddy :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Dean = scum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Murdoc90

Jaysus they really don't do 'drunk' scenes well in this programme. Cringeworthy stuff from Dean!

Also who's this Julie supposed to be minding the kids after school?Dermot's next door neighbor yet we never seen or even heard of her. Do the writers not read these scripts out loud before they give them the go ahead?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

Murdoc90 wrote: »
    Jaysus they really don't do 'drunk' scenes well in this programme. Cringeworthy stuff from Dean!

Also who's this Julie supposed to be minding the kids after school?Dermot's next door neighbor yet we never seen or even heard of her. Do the writers not read these scripts out loud before they give them the go ahead?!

Julie is the social worker who placed the two girls with Dermot and Jo, she does not yet know that Dermot and Jo have split up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Forseti

Sandie is quite a good "evil" character - the one you are dying for people to realise the truth about!

Forseti wrote: »
    Sandie is quite a good "evil" character - the one you are dying for people to realise the truth about!

I can think of at least two people I know that are like her.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

nlgbbbblth wrote: »
    Dean = scum.

Dean = Legend

• Advertisement

next door julie minding ben = lol wtf

so random that the social was in the hungry pig

while the social worker was talking to niamh here DERP FACE was on

what about caiomhe sorry if i spell her name wrong he just oging around as normal what about her parents her job

ah jeyus fair city we could do better

and laura again ?

cringe watching dean act

im also new here HELLO

i surf digital spy forms but im not on there you have to pay :(

i like it here tho

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Murdoc90

cofy wrote: »
    Julie is the social worker who placed the two girls with Dermot and Jo, she does not yet know that Dermot and Jo have split up.

There must be two Julies then cos the social worker is hardly going to babysit for Dermot??

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

There must be two Julies then cos the social worker is hardly going to babysit for Dermot??

Emily is the social worker, Julie is the unseen neighbour who was babysitting Ben.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

J

Also who's this Julie supposed to be minding the kids after school?Dermot's next door neighbor yet we never seen or even heard of her. !

How come Jo was never worried that Julie, the next door neighbour would cop on when she saw Tommy Dillon calling in every time Dermot left the house :rolleyes:. Drives me mad too when they do things like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

jos28 wrote: »
    How come Jo was never worried that Julie, the next door neighbour would cop on when she saw Tommy Dillon calling in every time Dermot left the house :rolleyes:. Drives me mad too when they do things like this.
    LOL :D:D:D
    So Julie has just been created by the Fair City writers, I'm sort of relieved, I thought I was losing it, I was racking my brain trying to figure out who she was and if I had missed the episode where she had moved it!!

iguana wrote: »
    Emily is the social worker, Julie is the unseen neighbour who was babysitting Ben.

Sorry, I got it wrong:o

nlgbbbblth wrote: »
    Dean = scum.

Why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Dean = Copper Topper. The worst acting drunk I've ever seen.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

Sligo? Is that the new Galway..? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Lucy is definitely up to no good, the hold-up is a bit of a tall story I'd say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

"I could stay over with you if you like.."

What a plonker Wayne is..

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Why?

For starters - his obnoxious behaviour last night and with the whole Robert-Sash triangle. Well done to the cast team in Fair City to make both versions of Dean complete w*nkers.

MrsD007 wrote: »
    Lucy is definitely up to no good, the hold-up is a bit of a tall story I'd say.

Lucy = Not To Be Trusted

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

I thought Dermot was great in that final scene. He has really shone since finding out about the affair

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Prop Joe

Oh please Wayne buy into the garage imagine Wayne,Keith and Ray scenes Gift...Derbhla is being a right little madam lately...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

Why didnt they just make dean drink a bottle of voddy before he did that drunk scene , surely if he was so drunk he couldn remember it ws acting they could have dragged good scene out of him.
    The scene where yer wan kissed him , I wouldnt have even realised he was drunk only for I read the spoilers, it just looked like he was trying to seduce leos ex wife.
    The storylines seem to have all ground to a halt while we watch everyone leave , surely they should have something else going on rather than just starting everything fresh when dean lucy orla robert and whoever else all leave .
    Will it then cut to a scene with john deagan kissing ray or will we have to plod through yer man with the wooden mattress and the charity shop worker aulwan with the perfect hair.
    When does delores find time to go the hairdressers every day . Maybe they should have a hairdresser that comes around to the houses to do nixers.
    What is to become of the future of fair city , it seems to be turning into a soap with Dermo Mr Silkrex Niamh and the granny in the shop with the blue rinse and an eye for Leo . Everyone else seems to have either been axed or drifted out of it.

FC I fear for you.
    They should do a spin off called FEAR city where they have to eat donkey testicles for stars to pay for meals for the cast. The public could vote who did it .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

http://audioboo.fm/boos/649079-rio-leo

This is so good..Any Big FC fans you gotta see this.......

cloptrop wrote: »
    The storylines seem to have all ground to a halt while we watch everyone leave , surely they should have something else going on rather than just starting everything fresh when dean lucy orla robert and whoever else all leave ...
    ... Everyone else seems to have either been axed or drifted out of it.

They do seem to have gotten rid of a lot of people recently, dont' they? Especially the younger actors - off the top of my head I am thinking Doug, Mark, Philip, Dean, Robert - I have probably forgotten a couple. If a soap is to appeal to everyone you need to have all generations in it really I think.

Cloptrop you clearly didnt see dolores shockin grey roots this week. The scary part is that means she'll be getting her hair done soon and god knows what colour highlights she'll arrive home with.

• Advertisement

I wonder will Julie now become an actual character acted by someone or will she just be there in the background, always next door but never seen!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement