Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v2]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

There is something bothering me about the Sandie storyline. Leaving aside the fact that she has been rotten to Dean, Val and Shannon, she's a single parent, she's been raising Shannon single handedly for most of her life. Why is she a bad guy for wanting a break to follow her career dream when Leo has spent years on a 'break' from his parenting duties. Expecting Leo to either look after his own daughter for a few months or else pay for her care in that time doesn't seem unreasonable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭IsMiseLisa

iguana wrote: »
    There is something bothering me about the Sandie storyline. Leaving aside the fact that she has been rotten to Dean, Val and Shannon, she's a single parent, she's been raising Shannon single handedly for most of her life. Why is she a bad guy for wanting a break to follow her career dream when Leo has spent years on a 'break' from his parenting duties. Expecting Leo to either look after his own daughter for a few months or else pay for her care in that time doesn't seem unreasonable.

I think it's more how the story has been presented. We have zilch sympathy for Sandie because she's awful. Had the FC writers actually made her a layered character (God forbid!), then I'm sure, there'd be a valid point here. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 86,190 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

iguana wrote: »

It might not be too bad if Sandie had been honest with Leo from the start i.e. it was Leo's turn to look after Shannon that she needed a break instead of driving a wedge between Leo and Dean

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 melaniesk

Sandie came on with the sob story of being beaten up by her boyfriend and then she kissed Dean, lied, tried to dump the daughter in a boarding school and flee to her cruise ship. I thought when she said "sorry I ever had you" to Shannon that she really is a nasty woman. Despite Leo's lack of knowing the kid, that is a pretty unforgivable comment from a mother to a teenage daughter who just doesn't want to go to a snobby new boarding school. Hardly the crime of the century Sandie. Bon voyage.

Ingrid did it this way, not your way Carol. Louie has no tact. Recipe for disaster. Louie needs to keep his glowing references about his perfect ex-wife out of his sentences to his current partner. Irritating git.

• Advertisement

Could the writers give a few clues about what exactly the mysterious Lucy is actually up to?
    It could at least become a little bit more clear at this stage. It is getting too slow and strange at the moment for me anyway.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

Leo was legendary tonight...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 86,190 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I really wanna see Finn in his fireman outfit ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Alice1

Are we sure that Shannon is Leo's daughter? Wasn't there a question about that in the past?

I'm thinking that the Lucy wan (with the fake smile) is some class of a stalker - sort of bunny boiler type. She does appear to have a fixation on Dolores.

Beats me why Caddil allows Louie to continue with his incessant references to Saint Ingrid the Perfect Mother. Most women wouldn't put up with it -mind you, most men would know better than to say it!

Finn? In a fireman's oufit? No, I don't think so somehow. You know, he just doesn't look like a fireman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

They are giving Leo too much work god bless him. Why does he speak to the floor while shouting at Sandie. What was with the wrestling match .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭edwood

Seems their going the psycho/stalker route with Lucy. She seems obsessed with Dolores and getting her approval. Dolores even found it kind of odd yesterday when she brought up Jessica and gave her the flowers. And she is stirring up trouble for Pete and trying to manipulate things so that he can't move in with Dolores. Just what is her agenda. Building up a massive trust but why. Kinda makes me doubt or at least wonder if she really got held up at knife point last week as she said. Who did she run too? Dolores.

Lucy is a little creepy for my liking. What is her obsession with Dolores and getting Pete away and looking for attention 24/7? Nice to know that Angel found out about the new baby. Thanks for the news and the details. Will David come back for the birth of Suzanne's baby in FC?

Is Lucy related to Frank? (the painter who is Jessica's real father)

melaniesk wrote: »
    Lucy is a little creepy for my liking. What is her obsession with Dolores and getting Pete away and looking for attention 24/7? Nice to know that Angel found out about the new baby. Thanks for the news and the details. Will David come back for the birth of Suzanne's baby in FC?

SPOILER BELOW

David is back next Tuesday.

Sandie comes across as a bit selfish, and prone to temper tantrums too. Shannon is well rid of her. Val will be kinder and more sincere.

Edwood - Thanks for answering my question about David.

Perhaps Bob will uncover the truth about Lucy. Deception
    is one of Bob's
    traits!
    He should spot her unusual behaviour a mile away hopefully and become suspicious.

I think Louie will get on Carol's nerves with his ill thought out comments and he will see the fiery side of her personality and realise he is acting like a complete idiot. Carol should teach him a lesson not to condemn her decisions about baby Jack mother. I hope she does. He would hardly win a father of the year competition himself with his two children from his first marriage. They barely know him and he was a drug addict when he was with their mother. He is hardly in a position to be so unfair to Carol. I think he makes a stupid mistake and forgets his son in the shop. (was in the spoiler clip for tomorrow). Not a good move Louie.

I think eventually Lucy will turn dangerous. She kinda has these mad staring eyes. Some guy was stalking Christy's daughter 10 years ago and wanted all her attention. I think thats the way with Lucy. She seems disturbed to me. Or it's just a money scam.

one silver lid and its dinnear time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

I wonder is Lucy some relation of Shelly, or father tedious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I really wanna see Finn in his fireman outfit ;)

Done!!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRc6LCMKtA8dh9OsUJ1ktTwYGA-1cbJiMo51EhIJqBIYbR-LX6E

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Forseti

Lucy is getting decidedly creepy - she is inserting herself more and more into Dolores's life - and that thing of sneaking out in the middle of the night to go through Dolores's family photos was definitely the act of a stalker!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

I bet Suzanne will ask Damo to be godfather when the baby comes along.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Graciefacey

MJ23 wrote: »

I agree even though itd be the weirdest thing ever!!! Nearly as weird as Lucy never blinking!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Nearly as weird as Lucy never blinking!!

Lucy is a cyborg.
    Sorry, forgot the spoiler tags

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭Sigourney

edwood wrote: »
    I'm convinced Lucy wants to wear a strap on and ride Dolores bareback.
    Forseti wrote: »
    Lucy is getting decidedly creepy - she is inserting herself more and more into Dolores's ...

:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Is Lucy a robot?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭Sigourney

Is Lucy a robot?
    Why does she want to go to the baby shower so badly? Maybe she's got to present a report on human birthing rituals to her planetary invasion force social club.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

Louie is seriously head wrecking. So smug...:(

• Advertisement

If David is permanently absent, I think Damo should not get involved at all with this baby. Suzanne is bound to lose her temper again. She is related to Yvonne after all. Not to be trusted ever. Dangerous Doyle's.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement