Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v2]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭cheekita

I was just saying my prediction for this story line. Another theory I have is that Suzanne will suffer from post natal depression.
    I also think that Yvonne will step in to save the day so to speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,191 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

angel01 wrote: »
    I actually would love them to get back together :o I loved them as a couple..

I found them very boring and lacking any chemistry or spark after they got married similar to what has now happened to Carol and Louie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Forseti

I actually would love them to get back together :o I loved them as a couple..

I agree Angel I thought they were great together :) I do think that the abuse storyline means that they won't though - too hard to get past that I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I found them very boring and lacking any chemistry or spark after they got married similar to what has now happened to Carol and Louie

I didn't, I always liked them together, to be honest, sometimes when you are in a long term relationship, you can become a bit boring, it is normal :D

I thought they were a lovely couple together and I loved them from the start, back in the old younger days too!!
    Forseti wrote: »
    I agree Angel I thought they were great together :) I do think that the abuse storyline means that they won't though - too hard to get past that I think

That's true :( still it is nice to see them being friends, shows that you can put your past behind you and make a fresh start... :)

Be good to see David back next week for a brief spell... I still can't get used to Esther's hair, I preferred her old hair :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

i always find the chase between two potential lovers on the show to be exciting.. but once they get together, they turn into stale boring dry ****es...
    think about it... remember when bob and renee were after each other.......even though i felt bad for poor christy, bob played the part really well (his upset over emer) and it was kinda special when bob & renee finally got together.. but then it was like meh... same with louie & carol, dean & *enter girlfriend name* ... and now sean and dearbhla are rowing already!

i don't like what the writers have done with louie or carol. carol was always one of my favs.. but she's not rough around the edges anymore! she played that part so well..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

I genuinely hope that Suzanne is shown breast feeding the new baby - just wondering with that be a first for any soap? She could feed the baby in Veno's which I think would annoy Yvonne...

I don't want Suzanne back with Damian and if Suzanne does all the things Ingrid would have done will that draw Louie towards Suzanne.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

The actress who used to play Farah in Fair City won an IFTA award last night for her role in LOVE/HATE so Congratulations to Denise McCormack :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Forseti

Just thinking about the Suzanne/Damien abuse storyline – I suppose the difficulty in a soap opera which goes out 4 nights a week is in trying to balance light entertainment and serious issues and also not to be too repetitive. Stories tackling “big” issues may at times be uncomfortable but they can also make people think . I remember (really showing my age now ;)) a big storyline many years ago in “The Riordans” was with regard to Maggie who was married in the show wanting to go on the pill because she was advised not to get pregnant again for medical reasons and this storyline caused a huge amount of controversy at the time.

The actress who used to play Farah in Fair City won an IFTA award last night for her role in LOVE/HATE so Congratulations to Denise McCormack :D

IFTAs were basically the Love/Hate loving awards it won everything it was up for I think she really didnt do much in Love/Hate except shag Nidge :p

The other actress who played Farrah was also Nina in Being Human

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭edwood

Yvonne on Lucy: "any sweeter and she'd give you diabetes". Exactly. Too sweet for my liking..Fake even.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

"Any sweeter and she'd give you Diabetes"

Good line .. she's an awful character.

I'd say Lucy is gonna sleep with Wayne and pretend that she's pregnant..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Sean Bateman

Who is Lucy?

There's obviously gonna be some ridiculous revelation about her...

She's either:

- Dolores' daughter,

- Harry's daughter, or

- Shelly's daughter.

I can't see how she's just a random nutjob?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭edwood

Clever Lucy. Mention to Bob about unruly flatmates, he says it to Dolores, and boom new home. Well played

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Who's this cr@p little actress with the tall cr@p actor (Leo)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

Lucy's wrecking my head. WHO IS SHE???!!!

Tell you what, she better be somebody's daughter because if this all turns out to be just some random nutjob, I will.....

......do absolutely nothing and still watch it while b!tching about Leo Dowling's unbelievably large hands and bad acting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

LEo dowling has never been called an ass before but he is hung like a donkey . He likes to show off his huge hands to let everyone know this.

cloptrop wrote: »
    LEo dowling has never been called an ass before but he is hung like a donkey . He likes to show off his huge hands to let everyone know this.

She's not believable as Leo's daughter... Did you see her (tiny) hands trying to play that guitar..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Poor Wayne. The eternal loser. The writers won't even let him win a hand of poker. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Lucy is getting seriously creepy, she reminds me more and more of Alex in Fatal Attraction :eek::eek::eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

Lucy's wrecking my head. WHO IS SHE???!!!

Tell you what, she better be somebody's daughter because if this all turns out to be just some random nutjob, I will.....

......do absolutely nothing and still watch it while b!tching about Leo Dowling's unbelievably large hands and bad acting.

I'm thinking she might be Harry Molloys daughter. I hope it comes out in the wash soon

I'd say Lucy is gonna sleep with Wayne and pretend that she's pregnant..

If she sleeps with Wayne she cant be Harry or Dolores secret daughter

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭El.duderino

In the words of the ice queen,

She is so sweet, she could give you diabetes! Classic Yvonne Doyle!

Pete is pissed and hopefully going to kill lucy! She is a PITA!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Who is Lucy?

There's obviously gonna be some ridiculous revelation about her...

She's either:

- Dolores' daughter,

- Harry's daughter, or

- Shelly's daughter.

I can't see how she's just a random nutjob?

I reckon the Fair City writers don't even know the answer to that one yet. They probably come up with ideas and write them on the back of a cigarette packet.
    So far they've probably come up with:
    Lucy - psycho - fixated with Dolores - now what??

Did anyone else think they could almost hear the cogs turning inside Lucy's head tonight when Dolores told her she'd like a grandchild? I was half-expecting a thought bubble with her and Wayne in flagrante delicto to come floating out from her head.

Crap actress or crap direction/production.

Delores says Oh I,d love a grandchild.

Cut to Lucy (Doctor Evil expression)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

I have a feeling Lucy is gonna do something really bad to pete. possibly merdiddlyerder.

Highly probable storyline for 2012. Kevin Keegan arrives in Carrigstown. Rumour has it Val stole his barnet from a display case in St James Park.

img_2795_newcastle-uniteds-kevin-keegan-pre-match-interview-v-brighton-may-1984.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

anyone see Caoimhe on the awards thing... just seen her now.. wow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

cloptrop wrote: »
    Look at him talking on the mobile phone, the size of his hands make the phone look about the size of a box of matches. And the phone is probably a big one like a Samsung or iphone. Worst actor ever. Another thing, when are they going to Charlie fúcking Kelly? Annoying git

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Eyespy

Did anyone else think they could almost hear the cogs turning inside Lucy's head tonight when Dolores told her she'd like a grandchild? I was half-expecting a thought bubble with her and Wayne in flagrante delicto to come floating out from her head.

Just playing catch up on the sky box this morning and thought the exact same thing as you Harry A and Jonathon Anon. :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement