Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Names wanted for a cheap OIL boiler service........only €37 bobs :)

Options
  • 19-08-2011 7:18pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭

Time to start thinking of the winter (unfortunately) and my boiler badly needs a good seeing too - and I saw a special deal over on Bargian alerts - and was wondering would this compay come to Laois if we got a few names down for a cheap service........only €37 bobs :):)

See thread here - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=73908951#post73908951

.....so, anyone want their OIL burner serviced?

Ill start the list -

1. MidlandsM

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,602 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

why do I think this sounds too good to be true?
    will ring around after the w/e and get a few quotes.only relaced our boiler last december,€2000 which I could've spent on other things! Have to have it serviced yearly because of guarantee, so will let you know next week.
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭sentenel

Hi
    I'd be interested in the offer
    1: MidlandsM
    2: Sentenel

cheers
    joe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭Doogieboogie

Me too!
    2:Sentenel
    3: Doogieboogie

• Registered Users Posts: 6 bananamam

2:Sentenel
    3: Doogieboogie 4:Bananamam go on,count me in too,37E,cant really go too wrong

Actually, put me down for 2 services (one for a friend) ta x

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

you know, on second thoughts, maybe we should give this to a local laois company.......they'd undoubtably welcome the bulk custom.

thoughts?

If they can do as good a deal (or not far off it) then yep, sounds good. Money's very tight ATM (as I'm sure it is with everyone) so price is a big factor. My last service cost me over €80!

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭sentenel

Hi
    Any update on this MidlandsM with the local companies ? I see on the main bargains thread that the First company would do the service for 40euro but would need 6-7 to make it worth while.
    Hello all, Paddy here from PM Boiler Services.
    Fristly, the main reason for going onto groupon was to increase our customers. We are not one of these companies who go out to rip people off with crazy service costs, because once they have done this to the homeowner they will never be called again to work in that particular house again. What we are aiming for is a fair price so the homeowner will service thier boiler annually with us.
    Second to address the point above, I am a qualified plumber who has been servicing boilers throughout my carreer but i have consentrated soley on boiler service and instulation for about 5 years. All boilers that i attend to get a complete service! As indicated this means a jet is replaced and if a filter is particularly dirt it will be replaced. If it is not too dirty it will be cleaned. In seeing some of the boiler in the South last week, alot don't even have filters which then incurrs an aditional cost fitting one. Also every boiler recieves a written report including analyais.

I would travel to Portlaoise for 40euro per boiler but would need 6 or 7 boilers to do this.

Regards: Paddy

cheers
    joe

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

I rang a local co but they wanted €76 a service?!?!?!

Anyone know a sole trader guy to approach locally that wants some cash?

Advertisement