Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repairs not carried out what to do

Options
  • 19-08-2011 7:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭

Just moved into a house 2 weeks ago. Have let the estate agent know the shower head doesn't stay in place so you have to bend slightly for the water to go on your head or just hold it above your head!
    The toilet seat is broken.

She said the landlady doesn't want to repair the shower part as she doesn't want to have to buy the whole part needed for it.

We've heard nothing since.

Please advise what to do?
    Also discovered the gutters are over-flowing and there is no grate in the fireplace.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Make a note of all damages and take photos.

Doesn't sound like a LL that will fix the heating or a leak in the middle of the winter. I would be moving on if were me.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

BostonB wrote: »
    Make a note of all damages and take photos.

Doesn't sound like a LL that will fix the heating or a leak in the middle of the winter. I would be moving on if were me.

Ditto.......
    I'd be getting the hell out of there asap.......
    The full gutter might be a minor inconvenience now- but wait until winter hits......

It doesn't sound like you're going to get any satisfaction here tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Rulmeq

LaLucy wrote: »
    She said the landlady doesn't want to repair the shower part as she doesn't want to have to buy the whole part needed for it.

Wow, hell of a way to run a business

Advertisement