Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Waterford GAA Discussion Thread 2011-2012

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭mccarthy37

Brilliant result for Waterford teams today well done to Waterford senior hurlers who won in Ennis and Dungarvan Colleges who just won their second Harty Cup. To the senior hurlers you have proved a awful lot of people wrong today I certainly did not feel very confident hopefully this will bode well for the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

robopaddy wrote: »
    yea blame the co board for that loss.. or evven better still the good old divisional boards
    burn em to the ground i say

IMO the probelm goes deeper, for a lot of the time the Minor slectors were the ones with the teams at the Tony Forristal stage (U14) and in my opinion sometimes they were not the people to take the players forward, plus there was a bias to a young fella who was strong at u14 as against a late developer at 16/17.

In saying this, not sure what the answer is, except maybe to put more emphasis at investing in serious coaching structures at u16, seperate from the u14 setups

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,579 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Managed to avoid hearing the scoreline and watched on tg4. Nail biting stuff but a valuable win. Well done to dungarvan too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭seananigans

Scrappy stuff, all 3 games delivering unexpected results.

Panel were ok, they seemed to be at the same pace as Clare but just a bit better with the high balls and keeping possession.

I would say there was not enough scoring given the space, but there's a bit of a killer instinct there,and Seamus prender had some great moments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

O'Halloran looked handy enough around the pitch, played some lovely passes to the inside forward line.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

Scrappy stuff, all 3 games delivering unexpected results.

Panel were ok, they seemed to be at the same pace as Clare but just a bit better with the high balls and keeping possession.

I would say there was not enough scoring given the space, but there's a bit of a killer instinct there,and Seamus prender had some great moments

For me that was the difference today. Clare's half forward line was well beaten (and both wing forwards were there as ball winners rather than scorers).

In the 2nd half for large periods, Clare managed to get their noses in front after a lot of effort, Waterford wuld then tie it up almost immediately.

Clare created 3 great goal chances, only converted 1 whilst waterford took both goal chances that fell to them.

Overall a poor enough game but one which I think both sides needed to win to avoid being in the relegation mix

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭ManFromCheese

it was a poor game, 2 teams looked poor, the referee was an absolute digrace...waterford are very light weight in the forwards...socky played well, puckouts were poor though, shane fives had a good 1st half but was cleaned out in the 2nd half, daniels was man of the match, connors was solid, brick was quiet but did hes job, nagle was cat as usual, how he has managed to stay on the panel these last few years i dunno, moran was poor, blocked down and lost posession too often, taking wrong decisions, going for stupid scores when he shouldnt, driving the ball up the field into the clouds without looking, never gives a clever ball into the forwards....sully was very good mid field, twomey needs to be binned hes not or never will be an inter county hurler...halloran was excellent, hopefully he can kick on, prendegast was v good too, paudie was poor but will improve, o brien i dont think is upto it, dillon was ok, room for improvement, brian sull worked hard missed a few scores and needs to bulk up...im v worried about our options up front, we need shane walsh back for experience and muscle and i hope mullane makes a uturn and the send molumphy home...we need another win in the league as i believe clare will take a scalp somewhere.

Hidalgo wrote: »
    For me that was the difference today. Clare's half forward line was well beaten (and both wing forwards were there as ball winners rather than scorers).

In the 2nd half for large periods, Clare managed to get their noses in front after a lot of effort, Waterford wuld then tie it up almost immediately.

Clare created 3 great goal chances, only converted 1 whilst waterford took both goal chances that fell to them.

Overall a poor enough game but one which I think both sides needed to win to avoid being in the relegation mix

Was anyone there who could comment on the conditions, it seemed our frees were a bit underpowered,and alot of the ball was played very low.

not sure if there was high winds,or they're trying to reinvent ground hurling

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭Cake Man

Just saw the results, delighted to get the win as it gives us a fighting chance to now stay out of a relegation battle. The next game v Cork is gonna be massive and will tell a lot but we'll be at home and the lads will go into it with a lot of confidence.
    Delighted too to see Dungarvan colleges win in great style in the Harty final, they'll take stopping now.

Well done to all involved!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Straight Talker

Great start to the year and that should keep Davy back in his box for now!Like i already said from the positions 1-9 Waterford have a very strong team.They just need some of the younger forwards to step up to the plate.I have just sounded the warning on the PROC site for all Cork fans not to get too carried away with last night.Waterford in the Fraher Field will be a much tougher test than a Tipp team that wasn't up to the pace of the game last night.Im expecting a huge battle.Hopefully it will be a test that JBMS young guns will pass.Whoever wins this game is looking at a good lengthy run in the league.

Cork 1990 All Ireland Senior Hurling and Football Champions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭Cake Man

I know it's early days but anyone know who Dungarvan Colleges will now go on to play in the AI colleges? Are they into a quarter or semi final?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,174 ✭✭✭hardybuck

I wonder what brand of whistle John Sexton uses - it must be very durable to withstand that sort of usage. Although he on several occasions didn't give what appeared to be clear frees to Waterford. Overall I think he was bad to both sides though. Some excellent flicks from both sides blown as frees. Some crazily soft bookings - Brian O'Sullivan's in particular, debatable if it was even a free...

Anyway, a good win in the circumstances as Ennis is a tough place to visit. Overall, I think it was a scrappy enough game, plenty of sloppy play and poor shooting from both sides.

I think the backs were pretty decent as a unit. Daniels looks to be growing as a player, and good to see Fives playing solidy. Unlike another poster I thought Jamie Nagle had quite a good game, and I wouldn't rate him normally. Bar that telegraphed clearance that was blocked near the end I thought it was a decent shift from him.

Midfield - disappointing again from Twomey. He can play when he wants to, and I think he needs to be persisted with. He's definitely one of the standout players of the club championship, and we're not exactly laden down with alternative midfield options. O'Sullivan had a bit of experience when it mattered. Good to see him back.

Mixed bag from the forwards. Prender, Jake Dillon and O'Halloran were excellent. Seamus looks fresh, and could go on another couple of years if he continues like that - perhaps we might look to move him to full forward in a year or two. His physicality is vital at the moment.

O'Halloran had athleticism and took his scores very well. I hadn't seen much of him before today - and I'm impressed. Jake Dillon - I've seen plenty of him in senior club championship, and I'm amazed he was so long waiting for his chance. I think DLS were minding him up until now - perhaps a similar approach was taken by the Waterford team.

However, after that we're in a bit of trouble. O'Sullivan, Mahony and O'Brien weren't great today. I think the lack of forward options will hold us back this year.

While the interplay of the forwards looked very good, they're very small as a unit. Backs from Galway, Kilkenny, Tipp etc. will absolutely eat them for breakfast.

Cork and Galway winning this weekend is bad knews for us. I think Clare and Waterford are still favourites to be relegated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

What is going to be your half-forward line come championship lads...?

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭glick6

hardybuck wrote: »
    I wonder what brand of whistle John Sexton uses - it must be very durable to withstand that sort of usage. Although he on several occasions didn't give what appeared to be clear frees to Waterford. Overall I think he was bad to both sides though. Some excellent flicks from both sides blown as frees. Some crazily soft bookings - Brian O'Sullivan's in particular, debatable if it was even a free...

Anyway, a good win in the circumstances as Ennis is a tough place to visit. Overall, I think it was a scrappy enough game, plenty of sloppy play and poor shooting from both sides.

I think the backs were pretty decent as a unit. Daniels looks to be growing as a player, and good to see Fives playing solidy. Unlike another poster I thought Jamie Nagle had quite a good game, and I wouldn't rate him normally. Bar that telegraphed clearance that was blocked near the end I thought it was a decent shift from him.

Midfield - disappointing again from Twomey. He can play when he wants to, and I think he needs to be persisted with. He's definitely one of the standout players of the club championship, and we're not exactly laden down with alternative midfield options. O'Sullivan had a bit of experience when it mattered. Good to see him back.

Mixed bag from the forwards. Prender, Jake Dillon and O'Halloran were excellent. Seamus looks fresh, and could go on another couple of years if he continues like that - perhaps we might look to move him to full forward in a year or two. His physicality is vital at the moment.

O'Halloran had athleticism and took his scores very well. I hadn't seen much of him before today - and I'm impressed. Jake Dillon - I've seen plenty of him in senior club championship, and I'm amazed he was so long waiting for his chance. I think DLS were minding him up until now - perhaps a similar approach was taken by the Waterford team.

However, after that we're in a bit of trouble. O'Sullivan, Mahony and O'Brien weren't great today. I think the lack of forward options will hold us back this year.

While the interplay of the forwards looked very good, they're very small as a unit. Backs from Galway, Kilkenny, Tipp etc. will absolutely eat them for breakfast.

Cork and Galway winning this weekend is bad knews for us. I think Clare and Waterford are still favourites to be relegated.

I agree with hardybuck. Jamie Nagle was good today lads. Whoever said he was cat must not have been at the game. For me he was in the top three waterford performers after o Halloran and Steven Daniels. But to think Daniels wasn't even named to start! Happy that Shane fives did well enough in Liam lawlors absence.

The forwards bar Pender were light today but paudi Mahoney is still coming back from injury and was nowhere near fully match fit and with Shane Walsh and Maurice shanahan to come back its fairly obvious we've a better balanced squad with more realistic options now.

Was anyone there who could comment on the conditions, it seemed our frees were a bit underpowered,and alot of the ball was played very low.

Was a bit of a wind alright but not terrible. The pitch was on fantastic nick in fairness to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭robopaddy

theres just no pleasing some people cant believe some of the negativity here. id like to point out we actually won today. i'll hold my hands up i thought we would be beaten today and that wed havd to target the home game against cork as a must win. but i was very impressed with these young players. theyve taken a lot of stick lately after mullane retired people said the young lads coming through arent up to it. but they were out to prove a point today and its very encouraging to see dillon and o'halloran in particular show that they are willing to step up in mullanes absence. it was refreshing to see ohalloran play like we all knew he could. people forget that hes had an horrendous time with injuries and even been written off as gone by the wayside. thought darragh fives had a big influence when he came on and the lad who said jamie nagle was cat must have been watching a completely differnt game cos its the best ive seen him play in a gud few years. also to say that gavin o'brien is not up to it is ludicrous for a lad of only 19 with his talent. i wonder abt the negativity here sometimes. he didnt get going today then again neither did a good few others and we still managed a win. his still only learning. lets not forget this clare team are a serious outfit and will be there orthereabouts. i dont think we should understate the importance of this win and i think a lot of these lads were looking to bury a few demons from their last trip to ennis with the u21s. cork next at home in two weeks another huge game. onwards and upwards

robopaddy wrote: »
    theres just no pleasing some people cant believe some of the negativity here. id like to point out we actually won today. i'll hold my hands up i thought we would be beaten today and that wed havd to target the home game against cork as a must win. but i was very impressed with these young players. theyve taken a lot of stick lately after mullane retired people said the young lads coming through arent up to it. but they were out to prove a point today and its very encouraging to see dillon and o'halloran in particular show that they are willing to step up in mullanes absence. it was refreshing to see ohalloran play like we all knew he could. people forget that hes had an horrendous time with injuries and even been written off as gone by the wayside. thought darragh fives had a big influence when he came on and the lad who said jamie nagle was cat must have been watching a completely differnt game cos its the best ive seen him play in a gud few years. also to say that gavin o'brien is not up to it is ludicrous for a lad of only 19 with his talent. i wonder abt the negativity here sometimes. he didnt get going today then again neither did a good few others and we still managed a win. his still only learning. lets not forget this clare team are a serious outfit and will be there orthereabouts. i dont think we should understate the importance of this win and i think a lot of these lads were looking to bury a few demons from their last trip to ennis with the u21s. cork next at home in two weeks another huge game. onwards and upwards

Yea, some posters never add anything constructive at all on here. Same old negativity. Why do they even bother. To actually take the effort to come on and slate someone for being "cat" when it's so blatantly wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,923 ✭✭✭deisedude

Orizio wrote: »
    What is going to be your half-forward line come championship lads...?

Pick 3 of: Seamus P, Brian O'Halloran, Martin O'Neill, Maurice Shanahan and Paudi Mahoney.

Don't think the management really know yet either

Good win today for sure. I was one of the many who didnt think we would win and am glad to be proven wrong. The resilience of this team once again was very impressive, would have been very easy to throw the towel in during the second half when they went behind having been 7 points up earlier, but to be fair they stuck at it and got due reward.

Players that impressed, obviously Dillon and O Halloran, plus Seamus up front. Daniels and Nagle further back were very good too. It was a real team effort though which is encouraging. The subs made some good impacts too, especially Jamie Barron. The wides at the start of the game were worrying, especially the frees and also some poor shot selection. Its early days of course and one would hope this will improve.

Not to pour cold water on things though, but its important to bear in mind Clare werent great. However a win is a win, even moreso when its not expected. There is a relegation play off for the bottom two teams so its vital we win at least 1 more game this season. Hopefully we can catch an over confident Cork on the hop in a couple of weeks time.

There does seem to be some sort of order from the higher ups to the refs to be stricter with yellow and red cards, I dont see the need for it personally but if its there its something the management need to making players aware of to avoid getting caught out later

There was a lightish breeze, favouring Waterford in the 1st half.

Perfect conditions for hurling considering the time of year. Probably better than lads will be operating in come April

• Advertisement

Hidalgo wrote: »
    There was a lightish breeze, favouring Waterford in the 1st half.

Perfect conditions for hurling considering the time of year. Probably better than lads will be operating in come April

interesting,it seems as a tactic they were driving the ball low and hitting off the ground alot more than im used to seeing (im free to be corrected on this)

It's interesting that our forwards were winning all the high ball.not used to seeing that.

Mullane if he had a fault,was not being great with those ,and with a more even forward field it was very obvious when everyone was taking their own chances (s opposed to the get the ball to mullane days of yore)

I didnt see any standout performance,but as a whole they did well .(which might be a good thing , we were relying too much on the individual in the past)

While i wont be overly optimistic ,the season is far from over,and as happened last year, we came a hairs breath of being in either a final or a relegation game.

I would also like to remind everyone that we are in a much better position than we were last year, and hopefully a win against cork or tipp can buoy us from the relegation off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭Treble20

Fair play to Waterford today,a great win for ye against the odds. 2 weeks time now for the "relegation" 4 pointer against Cork,lol:D!

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Giveitfong

Dungarvan Colleges 2-21 Our Lady’s Templemore 1-11
    A powerful second half performance saw Dungarvan Colleges capturing their second Harty Cup in succession at Sean Treacy Park, Tipperary today. There was no indication at half time that Dungarvan would dominate proceedings they way they did in the second half. The score at that stage was 0-8 apiece after a highly competitive 30 minutes and indeed, if Templemore had not missed two good goal chances they would have been in the driving seat at the restart.
    However, it was the defending champions who raised their game big time after the change of ends to blow their opponents away. With wing backs Tadhg Bourke and captain Tom Devine thundering into the game and corner forward Darragh Lyons coming out as a very effective third midfielder, Dungarvan gained total control around the middle of the park and proceeded the send a stream of high-quality ball into a forward line which showed some marvellous skill in putting Templemore to the sword. Good midfield possession also created overlaps which were well used by the hard-working Dungarvan lads who as a result forced the opposition rearguard to breaking point.
    The game was played on a cold but beautifully sunny day on a generally very good pitch apart from the deep sand in the goal areas. Templemore appeared to have first advantage of a swirling breeze but it was Dungarvan who made the better start, moving smoothly into an early three-point lead. Templemore then settled and got back to parity before another surge by Dungarvan saw them moving three points ahead again. However, the Tipperary lads showed their mettle to come back strongly to bring the scores to parity at the short whistle.
    Templemore will no doubt rue two goal chances which went abegging during the half. The first of these saw one of their corner forwards getting his stick to the ball ahead of his marker and the advancing Dungarvan goalie only for the ball to bounce harmlessly across an empty goalmouth and just outside the far post. Their second missed goal chance came when one of their forwards came in along the right-hand end line only to see his shot go the wrong side of the post.
    Dungarvan notched the first two points of the second half and then hammered the first major nail in the Templemore coffin. Midfielder Colin Dunford, who was having a superb game until forced off with injury midway through the second half, made a great run through the middle of the Templemore defence before delivering an excellent hand pass into Ryan Donnelly in front of the goal. Donnelly turned and drove an unstoppable shot to the back of the opposition net.
    Dungarvan subsequently played some sublime hurling, and it is not an exaggeration to say that they produced some skills and scores today as good as I have ever seen on a hurling pitch. They matched this with work rate and physical input, repeatedly hustling their opponents when in possession and digging the ball out of the frequent scrums which developed.
    The second, and essentially the final nail in the Templemore coffin, came with Dungarvan’s second goal, again delivered by Ryan Donnelly with ten minutes to go. He fielded a lovely ball in from the right wing and although his first attempt at a shot was hooked, he followed up to force the ball over the line. Templemore did get a consolation goal in the closing minutes from a deflected shot through a crowded goalmouth, although even then Dungarvan goalie Laurence Power, who performed excellently right through, was unlucky not to keep the ball out. Shortly afterwards the final whistle sounded and Tom Devine was presented with the Harty Cup to the delight of the big group of supporters present.
    This was all-round a great team performance by Dungarvan Colleges, and their mentors deserve great credit for the spirit, skill and organisation they have instilled in their charges. Their fullback line of Kealon Looby, Brian Looby and Michael Cronin defended stoutly throughout, particularly in the first half when they came under a lot of pressure. Wing backs Tadhg Bourke and Tom Devine were relatively quiet in the first half, but once they struck top form after the change of ends it was curtains for Templemore. These are two gifted hurlers with great ability to win ball, make space and use it well. Bourke also made a major contribution on the scoreboard, landing three marvellous long-range points from frees. Between them, centre back Kevin Daly held the middle well throughout.
    In midfield, young Cormac Curran added to his growing reputation with another powerful and hardworking effort, while beside him Colin Dunford was a candidate for man of the match with three super points from play and several assists, including the lead-up to the vital first goal. Unfortunately he shipped a nasty shoulder injury midway through the second half. Hopefully we will see him back before the end of the campaign.
    At right wing forward Christy Breathnach had a fairly anonymous first half, but thriving on the improved supply after the change of ends, rowed in with three lovely points. Michael Harney at centre forward made a key contribution early in the game winning ball repeatedly under Templemore’s long wind-assisted puckouts and worked hard all through. Big Seamus Keating at left half forward won any amount of possession and drove at the Templemore rearguard time and again. If he had more confidence in himself he could become a substantial scoring threat.
    In the full forward line, the recently injured Ryan Donnelly showed that he had benefited greatly from an otherwise frustrating outing in the previous week’s B final. He was much sharper on his occasion and his final tally of 2-1 was crucial to his side’s victory. Darragh Lyons landed an excellent early point but did his best work as a receiver and processor of ball in the midfield area in the second half. Patrick Curran was not as productive as the previous week, but his tally of 0-8 (three from play) still left him as the team’s top scorer and another contender for man of the match. His ability to get on the end of crossfield balls into the corners in the second half was a joy to behold. One point, when he killed the ball on his hurley near the end line and ghosted past his marker to split the posts over this shoulder was worth the admission price alone.
    Dungarvan Colleges: Laurence Power (Abbeyside); Kealon Looby (St. Oliver’s/Ballinameela); Brian Looby (Abbeyside); Michael Cronin (Ardmore); Tadhg Bourke (Clashmore) (0-3, frees); Kevin Daly (Dungarvan); Tom Devine (Modeligo) (Captain); Cormac Curran (Brickey Rangers) (0-1); Colin Dunford (Colligan) (0-3); Christy Breathnach (An Rinn) (0-3); Michael Harney (Ballydurn) (0-1); Seamus Keating (Ardmore); Darragh Lyons (Dungarvan) (0-1); Ryan Donnelly (Dungarvan) (2-1); Patrick Curran (Dungarvan) (0-8, five frees). Substitute David Gartland (Ardmore) for Dunford and a flurry of subs towards the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

deisedude wrote: »
    Pick 3 of: Seamus P, Brian O'Halloran, Martin O'Neill, Maurice Shanahan and Paudi Mahoney.

Where is Philip Mahony? Surely he could do something there. Prendergast/O'Mahony too slow for half-forward honestly.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭solarith

Where is Philip Mahony? Surely he could do something there. Prendergast/O'Mahony too slow for half-forward honestly.
    Emigrated?

deisedude wrote: »

Jake Dillon did very well at 12 today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭noiniho

Jamie Nagle uses his Hurley in the air too much, he did it one stage yesterday and the ball went straight through him, it would have been an easy catch, luckily the Clare forward gave a foul and we got a free out. What senior inter county wing back doesn't want to catch the ball? Catch the ball and your in charge, trying to bat it down to yourself it can go anywhere and become a 50:50 ball in dangerous positions... He is at it years and won't change now

interesting,it seems as a tactic they were driving the ball low and hitting off the ground alot more than im used to seeing (im free to be corrected on this)

It's interesting that our forwards were winning all the high ball.not used to seeing that.

Mullane if he had a fault,was not being great with those ,and with a more even forward field it was very obvious when everyone was taking their own chances (s opposed to the get the ball to mullane days of yore)

I didnt see any standout performance,but as a whole they did well .(which might be a good thing , we were relying too much on the individual in the past)

While i wont be overly optimistic ,the season is far from over,and as happened last year, we came a hairs breath of being in either a final or a relegation game.

I would also like to remind everyone that we are in a much better position than we were last year, and hopefully a win against cork or tipp can buoy us from the relegation off

Both sides were trying to hit intelligent low ball, conditions were ideal for such tactics. The park was in serous nick, perfect for low ball to travel at speed.
    Clare's tactic was overodoing it at times and passing for the sake of passing. There seems to be a ban on shooting outside 50 yards, few occasions forwards had the chance to shoot but instead tried to play it into the full forward line. Compare that to Dublin Sat night, some of their long range shooting was top class (then again I only saw highlights so maybe they hit a bag of wides along with the fantastic points)

A nice report in the Irish Times on yesterdays match (dont think I'm allowed quote the article so will just post the link)

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/sport/2013/0225/1224330477267.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,923 ✭✭✭deisedude

Going travelling or emigrating as another poster said
    KevIRL wrote: »
    Jake Dillon did very well at 12 today

True. Kind of think he will end up corner forward come the end of the year though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭blue note

Does anyone know when TG4 will reshow the match? I was away and forgot to set it to record.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

blue note wrote: »
    Does anyone know when TG4 will reshow the match? I was away and forgot to set it to record.

They'll have highlights at 8.30 tonight of all the weekends games, but you can watch the game back online on tg4 player.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭DeiseX

blue note wrote: »

Full match coverage on TG4 Player, from their website, --> http://www.tg4.ie/en/tg4-player/tg4-player.html

Click on Sport and then GAA Beo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭willietherock

Ringo Kearney still involved?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Ringo Kearney still involved?

Nope

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭WumBuster

Well now we know why he retired, the grant wasnt big enough...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭blue note

They'll have highlights at 8.30 tonight of all the weekends games, but you can watch the game back online on tg4 player.

Thank you both. I find the sliothar sometimes gets lost on the laptop screen / internet connection, but it's better than nothing I suppose!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

There's a coaching conference out in WIT Cork Road on Saturday morning. Having started coaching this year (well starting tonight at a course) I was told it's a good day for anyone interested in taking a look at coaching teams.

This is from their Facebook page:
    A chairde,

Please see attached information on the upcoming Waterford GAA Coaching Conference which will take place in WIT (Cork Road Campus) on Saturday 2nd March 2013.

We have an exciting line up this year with an excellent mix of guest speakers from Waterford and around the country. The conference will cater for all coaches (club, school and county) involved with Juvenile players. The conference will be a mix of practical based sessions and keynote address.

As you will see from the attached poster we are catering for both Child and Youth Coaches this year and there will be something on the day for all.

Full information on the Waterford C&GD 2013 Planner will be available on the day. We will also have a number of trade stands on the day showcasing the latest equipment for coaches and clubs along with GAA Playing Equipment.

Tickets for the Conference are priced at just €20 per delegate. Tickets can be purchased from any of the GDA's, Post Primary Officer or Games Manager or by contacting the Coaching & Games Development Office in Walsh Park on 051-591554. Tickets must be booked in advance to ensure we can cater for all who wish to attend.

Registration will begin from 9.15am on the day and refreshments will be served at end of conference. Presentations/handouts will be forwarded to delegates after conference

If you have any queries about the conference please feel free to contact any member of the C&GD Committee

KevIRL wrote: »
    Good win today for sure. I was one of the many who didnt think we would win and am glad to be proven wrong. The resilience of this team once again was very impressive, would have been very easy to throw the towel in during the second half when they went behind having been 7 points up earlier, but to be fair they stuck at it and got due reward.

Players that impressed, obviously Dillon and O Halloran, plus Seamus up front. Daniels and Nagle further back were very good too. It was a real team effort though which is encouraging. The subs made some good impacts too, especially Jamie Barron. The wides at the start of the game were worrying, especially the frees and also some poor shot selection. Its early days of course and one would hope this will improve.

Not to pour cold water on things though, but its important to bear in mind Clare werent great. However a win is a win, even moreso when its not expected. There is a relegation play off for the bottom two teams so its vital we win at least 1 more game this season. Hopefully we can catch an over confident Cork on the hop in a couple of weeks time.

There does seem to be some sort of order from the higher ups to the refs to be stricter with yellow and red cards, I dont see the need for it personally but if its there its something the management need to making players aware of to avoid getting caught out later

Did you not read my most recent post?Myself and most knowledgeable Cork fans expect the next game to be a good tough physical battle.If you think the Cork team are going to show up in Dungarvan with their heads up their arses think again.Besides you never know it could be a case of us catching an overconfident Waterford team on the hop.:D

• Advertisement

I've been hearing a lot about this Patrick Curran fella.I think the last fella i know off that there was so much hype over when he was of a similar age was Brian Corcoran and we all know how he turned out!

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Clano

I've been hearing a lot about this Patrick Curran fella.I think the last fella i know off that there was so much hype over when he was of a similar age was Brian Corcoran and we all know how he turned out!
    a big baldy c**t?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭ManFromCheese

Patrick, you should be out celebrating rather than posting about yourself on boards.

Clano wrote: »
    a big baldy c**t?

Like it or lump it Corcoran was one of the greatest hurlers of all time and he has the medals and the honours,as well as the accounts of knowledge hurling people to prove it.He certainly caused Waterford enough damage in big matches but he was just doing his job!The man is an absolute gentleman and always played the game fare and square.No sendings off and no bookings say's it all during a lengthy intercounty career.I shouldn't even be responding to you anyway.Would you say that to Brians face i doubt it?Is this over some comments in his book.There was plenty of praise for Waterford in that book as well.The fact that Joe Deane and Sean Og showed up to play as guest players for Waterford for the save Ryan and Ethan charity match is prove enough for me that Cork and Waterfords hurling legends from the past decade are on friendly terms with each other.Sure Sully left Big Dan a good luck message before the 08 all ireland final!

Patrick, you should be out celebrating rather than posting about yourself on boards.

LOL i have to say though he look's to be a great talent.

Like it or lump it Corcoran was one of the greatest hurlers of all time and he has the medals and the honours,as well as the accounts of knowledge hurling people to prove it.He certainly caused Waterford enough damage in big matches but he was just doing his job!The man is an absolute gentleman and always played the game fare and square.No sendings off and no bookings say's it all during a lengthy intercounty career.I shouldn't even be responding to you anyway.Would you say that to Brians face i doubt it?Is this over some comments in his book.There was plenty of praise for Waterford in that book as well.The fact that Joe Deane and Sean Og showed up to play as guest players for Waterford for the save Ryan and Ethan charity match is prove enough for me that Cork and Waterfords hurling legends from the past decade are on friendly terms with each other.Sure Sully left Big Dan a good luck message before the 08 all ireland final!

I wouldnt have responded to my comment either ye do like your sea food in cork do baiiiiiiii

Clano wrote: »
    I wouldnt have responded to my comment either ye do like your sea food in cork do baiiiiiiii

We'll be here all night if were going to be talking about things like elocution particularly the very odd Waterford city accent which sounds like some distortion of a Dublin accent!:pac: Seriously though have you a better retort to my point than that piece of dribble there?

We'll be here all night if were going to be talking about things like elocution particularly the very odd Waterford city accent which sounds like some distortion of a Dublin accent!:pac: Seriously though have you a better retort to my point than that piece of dribble there?
    started with dribble ill end with dribble adios amigo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭WumBuster

Don't mind him straight talker, he's in the minority.i can safely say there is little animosity towards Cork down here or definitely not to the same level as there would be against Tipperary or Kilkenny. when the game is over there is always a friendly banter and i always found Cork supporters generally to be more gracious in victory or defeat. The only time I remember really cursing ye was after the 2006 semi final, that was a hurtful one. But they were some classic matches going back there in the 90's and 2000's and that was a great Cork team that deserved their all Irelands if not a few more even.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭robopaddy

sounds like ur the one bigging him up lad i havent heard anyone else. hes good on the frees and shows some nice touches but other than that hes a long way off being the real deal. theres a couple others on that dgarvan colleges team that are showing real potential but given the fact were talking abt schoolkids ere i dnt really see the point in naming names. just let them enjoy their hurling and forget about hyping them up

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement