Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Waterford GAA Discussion Thread 2011-2012

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Best of luck to the minors, hopefully they'll make this a pretty decent year after all.

Funfair wrote: »
    Agree with you on this, the lack of competitive games at minor to 21's is in my opinion the real problem.. Players that were running midfield on the clubs minor team are drafted to corner back on the clubs senior team and is shackled to basic defending . His midfield days are over he settles into his basic defending duties and gets bored with hurling and soon gets uninterested and gets involved with other activities.. This is the common scenario in all clubs. You have up to 60 x minors of the previous 3 years trying to get on a club U21 team which means good bye to say 40 players who never play hurling again as they have no team to play on. Why the Co Board can't see this and organise U19 & U20 competitions is beyond me, like how hard can it be ?

I do agree that the lack of compeititive games at that age is an issue for some. But the likelihood of that sort of loss is quite small. Only in the big clubs, but they have 3 adult teams. My own club the most you would ever have up on the age is about 6. And quite often its only about 4.

I would say that is the same for many, dare I say even most clubs in Waterford. Hence why division 3 of the minor is now 13 a side, and division 4 is 12 aside.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Preview of the minor game where I talk about Stephen Bennett a lot... I believe it's completely his own fault that he's hyped up so much :p

http://www.livegaelic.com/news/all-ireland-minor-hurling-preview-kilkenny-vs-waterford/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Deskjockey

Best of luck to the minors today, hope they can get off to a good start

Seán Power looks very excited, hoping that's a good sign.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

They actually get goals out of what looks like nothing, seriously in awe

O Brien going well. Great finish by Farrell, and smart play by Devine, Foran and of coures Bennett.

Hourigan is gonna do my nut as well. Wrecked my head when he was reffing the u21 game on Wednesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Deskjockey

KK Freetaker being kept busy, 0-5 to 1-1 now

Another goal. Great stuff from Foran. I'd be critical though of a short puckout that is then just lobbed into the half forward line. That ball from Daly wasn't good like.

Conceding 6 frees in the first 18 mins isnt good enough though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Jarjohn

Going ok so far but too many frees conceded. Harney a lucky boy. Bad pull across head. Could easily have been red

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Very poor so far. Too many frees and very slow on our feet. Way too much fcuking about by the back lines too

Jarjohn wrote: »
    Going ok so far but too many frees conceded. Harney a lucky boy. Bad pull across head. Could easily have been red

Ah no the ball was there. Like they said it was gone over the line, but its sure sign that his eyes were on the ball he didn't see that.

They've given away a couple of stupid frees, but the ref is infuriating. Blowing everything, just like Wednesday. And just like Wednesday, O'Grady is questioning some of his decisions.

Kilkenny are using the ball better though, and we've been a bit casual at times too. But still ahead and looking sharp in creating goal chances again. Good position to be in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭seananigans

Fireball07 wrote: »
    Preview of the minor game where I talk about Stephen Bennett a lot... I believe it's completely his own fault that he's hyped up so much :p

http://www.livegaelic.com/news/all-ireland-minor-hurling-preview-kilkenny-vs-waterford/

Don't you dare jinx him! keep telling him he's awful and has something to prove!

Also they're playing rounders at half time. What in the fcuk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Ompala

Same ref from the Under 21 Final on Wednesday, if he didn't send off Morey for a much worse incident then Harney wasn't going to get the line for that.

has loughnane ever had anything good to say about Waterford? ,seeing as we're wining it must be a bad year at minor level

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,930 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

The wind will kill us in the second half. There's a game of rounders going on now In Croke park

PTH2009 wrote: »
    The wind will kill us in the second half. There's a game of rounders going on now In Croke park

The wind is swirling a lot. Won't help either team

Aww unreal point. WHY AM I NOT THERE?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,481 ✭✭✭MfMan

Why is ref giving every soft free to KK?

Ah no the ball was there..
    Ball wasn't on his helmet :). Another goal and game should be safe

Ball wasn't on his helmet :). Another goal and game should be safe

4 points up with 18 mins to go ? this game is not over yet ,they nearly had it down to a 1 point lead a second ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Ompala wrote: »
    Same ref from the Under 21 Final on Wednesday, if he didn't send off Morey for a much worse incident then Harney wasn't going to get the line for that.

And he's just as whistle-happy today:mad:

Relax people. Another Waterford goal and its all over

Did he get yellow first half? I though Harney got the yellow

The ref is something else though how is that a yeklow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 580 ✭✭✭HillFarmer

Oh sweet Jesus, down to 14!

Hourigan would be a bloody disgrace refereeing ladies football:mad: No way was that a yellow card:(

this ****ing ref ! what the hell is his problem

2 points up a man down 11 mins to go , ffs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 580 ✭✭✭HillFarmer

How much left?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,481 ✭✭✭MfMan

Waterford, please, please, PLEASE, stop fouling!

Disastrous fcukin ref

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Ompala

And he's just as whistle-happy today:mad:
    And giving debatable enough red cards it seems...

Ah bollox. Very harsh yellow. Didn't think Bennett was on a yellow. Ref has turned bigtime lads. Backs have to be very disciplined

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,441 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Referee is a joke. KK players seem to throw themselves to the ground at the slightest hint of contact.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭Browney7

Looks like he forgot he booked him earlier and then booked him and then realised he had to give him the line. Wasn't a first cousin to a yellow card.

It is his hard third foul I guess like. But the ref piurely evening up the numbers. Hes shockin and should nto be allowed ref at this level until he improves considerably.

at least he's consistent ,i'll give him that what an excuse for a ref

Well at least he's consistent. That was a similar incident to what Bennett did so. Awful decisions though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Al_Coholic

the referee loves the sound of his whistle hasnt stopped blowing it since the start of the game

• Advertisement

Browney7 wrote: »
    Looks like he forgot he booked him earlier and then booked him and then realised he had to give him the line. Wasn't a first cousin to a yellow card.

I think that was what happened alright. I dont remember his first yellow though.

If we just score please

Well that evens it up but another harsh sending off. He might starting giving a few more frees now

ugh oh the dangerous lead

30 seconds. Goal to lose it
    Arghhhhhhhhhh #Dying

Huho hon the Deise ta fcuk:):D:D:D:D

Well done Waterford. Great win. Ye dug deep in the end

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,812 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Well done the lads

Well done young Decies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Al_Coholic

well done Waterford...could and should have won by more.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement