Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Waterford GAA Discussion Thread 2011-2012

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭mickmcl09

daddydick wrote: »
    Ah would you come away out of it, Clare have been muck for the last few years and even though they have quite a few good young players at the moment, there is nobody in Clare expecting them to win an All-Ireland any time soon.

I would be biased of course, being a Clare man but lovelypoint is not far off the mark to be fair in relation to both Clare and Waterford. I take it that you agreed with everything else he posted seen as you only took issue with what he said about Clare.

Clare haven't been muck, they've played to their expectations and the supporters expectations bar the game against Galway last year, and that was a one man demolition job rather than a team effort on Galways part.

This capitulation of sorts that we are witnessing with the Waterford team has been coming since last summer. I'd seen it last July/August.

T.B. is a legend of Waterford hurling and indeed of the GAA, a great athlete but it's an indication of how weak the back up is (at this point of Tony's career) that there isn't a wing back in Waterford to take his place at this point in time.

Mullane accounts for a massive portion of the teams scores and indeed assists, which in my opinion has been a much bigger factor than the injuries. It means the forward line is very much one dimensional and even with Mullane playing opposition are going to look at preventing him getting the ball, which is going to be all the easier unless 1 or 2 others come up to that level. And I'm not saying they can't, but there are no obvious lads to look to for now, next year, maybe.

Kelly, another man on the wane for probably 2 years before it all finally came to a head. There's no doubting a 'kelly' operating at his potential is also a hugh loss.

Fast forward to here and now. I think there is no doubt that the 'Brick' has to be returned to CB now. Hindsight is great, but any man that knows anything about hurling will tell you that you play your best players in their best position both at club and county level. It been one of the most farcical experiments I've seen in along time.

A bigger concern than injuries is that the lads coming in seem to accept that the injured players will get their places when they return. You'd really like to see a number of these guys surprising people, Mgt & supporters alike and staking a claim but either they're not interested (and it's looked that way on occasion already this year, but lets be fair I'd be shocked if that was the case) or they're simply not good enough (which many of you might not like to hear) whether they will be in the future is any mans guess, simply because some of these lads are still fairly young.

An even bigger one is when you hear sound bites from the team to simply go out and 'give it a lash' lads. A pep talk for a junior club team would be more comprehensive than that for gods sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭lovelypoint

mickmcl09 wrote: »
    I would be biased of course, being a Clare man but lovelypoint is not far off the mark to be fair in relation to both Clare and Waterford. I take it that you agreed with everything else he posted seen as you only took issue with what he said about Clare.

Clare haven't been muck, they've played to their expectations and the supporters expectations bar the game against Galway last year, and that was a one man demolition job rather than a team effort on Galways part.

This capitulation of sorts that we are witnessing with the Waterford team has been coming since last summer. I'd seen it last July/August.

T.B. is a legend of Waterford hurling and indeed of the GAA, a great athlete but it's an indication of how weak the back up is (at this point of Tony's career) that there isn't a wing back in Waterford to take his place at this point in time.

Mullane accounts for a massive portion of the teams scores and indeed assists, which in my opinion has been a much bigger factor than the injuries. It means the forward line is very much one dimensional and even with Mullane playing opposition are going to look at preventing him getting the ball, which is going to be all the easier unless 1 or 2 others come up to that level. And I'm not saying they can't, but there are no obvious lads to look to for now, next year, maybe.

Kelly, another man on the wane for probably 2 years before it all finally came to a head. There's no doubting a 'kelly' operating at his potential is also a hugh loss.

Fast forward to here and now. I think there is no doubt that the 'Brick' has to be returned to CB now. Hindsight is great, but any man that knows anything about hurling will tell you that you play your best players in their best position both at club and county level. It been one of the most farcical experiments I've seen in along time.

A bigger concern than injuries is that the lads coming in seem to accept that the injured players will get their places when they return. You'd really like to see a number of these guys surprising people, Mgt & supporters alike and staking a claim but either they're not interested (and it's looked that way on occasion already this year, but lets be fair I'd be shocked if that was the case) or they're simply not good enough (which many of you might not like to hear) whether they will be in the future is any mans guess, simply because some of these lads are still fairly young.

An even bigger one is when you hear sound bites from the team to simply go out and 'give it a lash' lads. A pep talk for a junior club team would be more comprehensive than that for gods sake.

Nothing wrong with what is going on with Clare at all, especially if you can keep your challenge going longer each season and sort out your defense which has been your undoing this last year or two. Would be curious to hear what the opinion on Davy is up in Clare, given the mixed reactions to his appointment.

Re: Waterford, I agree with you to an extent that some of our older, more experienced stand-out players are on the slide, but as you indicate in your post, this slide has been ongoing for a few years now, not just last July/ August. That said, given that none of these players have really lost pace, you would hope they might be rejuvenated by a shrewd management team.

Not sure the experiment with Brick at centreforward was so farcical, but that said, I think we've all seen that it has not borne fruit, even if we are sadly lacking ball winners in the half forward line.

A lot of our scores and assists do depend on Mullane, which is a worrying point, given that so much rests on one mans shoulders. That said transition comes at a price, and these last few year have not been kind to us in terms of forwards and retirements.

In all, perhaps we may not have the players to mount a serious challenge for honours, probably something I would and more like me would be willing to admit to, if the best were being made out of what we currently have.. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭Deise Doodler

Letting aside injurys and positional changes the most worring aspect of the game yesterday was the pace and intensity of our play. Striking, off the ball running, driving forward, and first touch was so labored yesterday that all the positional changes in the world would have made little diference.

Aggree with most that the Brick experment has'nt worked ( was worth a try) and the more I see of Moran CB the less i like ( although could have done with his size and ability to run the opposition In Mid-field yesterday) but it seems to me that the work is not being done on the training ground.( not talking phyisical)

Not going to defend Managment for it is their job to have things right and there seems little evidence of that but the players need to look at themselves.Playing with the speed and intensity that killkenny play with takes a lot of time to get right and waiting for summer will be far to late, The player's have the potential but it is ultimately up to them to make it happen.

As for the managment they dont instill much confidance but they are there for this year at least like it or not time for the players to stand up

Would be curious to hear what the opinion on Davy is up in Clare, given the mixed reactions to his appointment.

It's mixed. IMO it felt like an appointment by default as I felt there was one candidate in particular that would have been a better choice, but he didn't want the job. I would like to think that this fella is being smart and waiting until Clare is in a better place in maybe 3 years when/if Davy's tenure comes to an end as the players will improve under Davy, I've no doubt. BUT, that doesn't necessarily mean as a team they will get better results.

Davy is very professional in terms of preparation and he's not a guy that will be swayed one way or the other in terms of picking his '15'.

On the negative side, there is a question over his tactical ability and understandably so. He got a rep for negative tactics with Waterford. Whether the tactics were right or wrong we'll never know, but if Clare were to get to semi final stage for the next number of years I won't be complaining. I reckon Waterford would not have achieved what they did under his tenure by doing things differently, in fact he'd have been out the door far quicker had he played the 15 man game that P. Flynn and M. Duignan advocate. He simply over used the tactic and it came home to bite him against Tipp last year with a 15 man game. The backs were simply not able to plug the gap left by the 7th man because they had got used of the luxury and everybody understandably jumped on the bandwagon looking for his head. Achiements are forgotten quickly, his time as Waterford manager had run it's course one way or the other anyway.

Does he have other tactics, we'll see. I don't think that he's going to congest the back with this Clare team as I think they have the ability to hold their own. Supporters won't be very impressed if he used this as his 'go to' tactic however, especially if it backfires. I hope he's been doing a bit of ball hopping with Dalo' over the winter, one of the shrewdest managers out there along with Donal O'Grady. I don't think Daly would be divulging too many secrets though.

Davy could do very well with Clare. The players will tow the line, so he'll have them in tip top condition. He's lucky as well in that there's alot of fighting to be on the panel not to mention the first 15. He only had 5 of the same players starting between the Waterford and Limerick games also gives you an indication of his determination to give every fella a fair crack at the whip.

I actually think he lined up all the games and divided up the starts evenly among the players to a certain extent, so tactically that's a good start.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭hurler on de ditch

Black Suir wrote: »
    There is a long way to go yet. While Waterford wont be in any final this year in the league, there is a good chance they wont be relegated. Dublin are my bet to drop down. Also lets not forget come championship time, I know its a different code, but Pat Flanagan who is training Waterford this year, (along with Jimmy Payne), has in the past had times peaking at the right time of the year and hopefully will again in the future.
    its not peaking fitness wise its hurling for f£$%s sake

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Have to agree totally with your comments, play your strongest players/leaders in the position that suits them and the team the most. You don't see Brian Cody playing Brian Hogan up Centre Forward!
    One comment on the lenght of the warm up, nearly 35 mins, same in Cork, KK do 15/20 mins amx in one go, all with the ball??

Yeah but Brian Hogan has never played in the forwards. Brick was wing forward and centre when he started out with Waterford. Then he was midfield. Centre back was the last position he played in. And also, Kilkenny have Richie Power, Eoin Larkin and Henry Shefflin. Any of those three could play centre forward.
    hardybuck wrote: »
    I think Tipp as second best team in the country will beat us well in Thurles. Galway seem to be motoring well also, and we have an awful record up in Salthill. As I previously stated, I think we have a chance against Dublin and relegation will be between the two.

They got a fair hammering against Kilkenny too. We'll be better than we have been, I think we'll give them a decent game.
    mickmcl09 wrote: »

How was the Brick experiment farcical? Because it hasn't worked? Does that make it a farce?

And can you give a link to those sound bytes?

How was the Brick experiment farcical? Because it hasn't worked? Does that make it a farce?

And can you give a link to those sound bytes?

Apologies, not a sound byte, I knew I read it somewhere, yeah after a half an hour of searching, post 1493 and the poster seemed to be very familiar with the goings on judging by his post. Not exactly a sound byte, but never the less:rolleyes:

Brick experiment was a farce and should never have been tried to begin with.
    - a potential all star @ centre back for 2012, why would you deprive a team of a player in what is probably the most important position on the pitch.
    - top teams generally have the best centre backs and Moran isn't and won't be one of them.
    - when have we seen a top defender operate specifically at centre forward and dramatically change the fortunes of a team? Never, we've seen top defenders operate at FF alright but it's a completely different position to play in.

Just naming some top CBs here, Tony Keady, Brian Corcoran, Sean McMahon. Do you thing their managers ever considered playing them CF when they were in their prime? No

Let's name some CFs, Brendan Lynsky, John Power, Fergal McCormack and there's many more, they all were very comfortable in getting ball in the CB zone, very comfortable in ensuring a CB didn't influence a game. All of them capable of ball and CB watching simultaneously. The Brick is a looser type of player who can play his own game very effectively but he's not the man & ball watcher type thats required for the position.

It's a farce because it hasn't worked, never looked like working and meanwhile while you persevere with the experiment, it means a number of players that could be tried out at CF are not going to get used of the position 'til it's too late. Similarly in the HB line. A CB and wing backs need to build awareness, how's that going to happen in the current state? The playing relationship of Hartley and Frampton comes to mind. They had a great understanding, it's developed over time. So yes it's a complete farce.

There's also another option and that's to put a speed merchant at CF. A CB then has to decide whether to stay or go and it very often succeeds in disrupting things very effectively. Think O'Connell (Clare in 95) and Storey (Wex in 96) and Niall McCarthy (Cork). The BRICK is not a speed merchant either.
    All these guys were very effective CFs. The BRICK is the opposite. Very ineffective CF, very effective CB.

So, all in all, a poorly calculated experiment that in my book qualifies it as a farce not simply because it hasn't worked, but because there wasn't any history or popular belief of something like this working not only for the individual but more importantly for the team. Don't even mention how far back this experiment has interfered with preparations.
    -

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭mccarthy37

Great news just got it in The Examiner. Mullane will be back for the Galway game Kelly also on the way back and Adrian Power has not left the panel. I'm looking forward to Adrian steeping up to the plate and being our number one goalie. he deserve's the chance. I have a feeling that Michael Ryan would love to put one over Tipp, a big ask in Thurles but not impossible. I think Ill keep my lips buttoned and watch how things unfold. I hope we don't go down to 1B division hurling but the date with Clare is the big prize and that's going to be some game, Davy will have his own county men well prepared for that one . Gavin OBrien has really been impressive for club and county could get a championship start if he keeps doing well. Looking forward to big improvements as the weeks go by. I think Tony Browne answered any critic of weakness'es in the Waterford panel because of his age, watching him last Sunday he was like a boy in fairness who would leave him off the panel the way he's playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Hslaw

mccarthy37 wrote: »
    Great news just got it in The Examiner. Mullane will be back for the Galway game Kelly also on the way back and Adrian Power has not left the panel. I'm looking forward to Adrian steeping up to the plate and being our number one goalie. he deserve's the chance. I have a feeling that Michael Ryan would love to put one over Tipp, a big ask in Thurles but not impossible. I think Ill keep my lips buttoned and watch how things unfold. I hope we don't go down to 1B division hurling but the date with Clare is the big prize and that's going to be some game, Davy will have his own county men well prepared for that one . Gavin OBrien has really been impressive for club and county could get a championship start if he keeps doing well. Looking forward to big improvements as the weeks go by. I think Tony Browne answered any critic of weakness'es in the Waterford panel because of his age, watching him last Sunday he was like a boy in fairness who would leave him off the panel the way he's playing.

at last some good news, be nice to see Dan the man make a come back now Davy is gone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭O Riain

mccarthy37 wrote: »

funny the amount of bull that gets spouted around on this form "adrian power left because he was made play outfield" when the youngfella simply had a thesis to hand in. Ive said in the last 2 years that kelly shouldnt have been on the panel, the fact that hes returning is one of two things 1. ryan has buckled under the pressure of losing and is becoming desperate or 2. kelly has got his act together, hopefully now its the second one and we can see a fit, dangerous kelly up in the forward line!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭deiseach

u must be in the county board.
    I stopped reading there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭deiseach

My take on the match here

Dan is not coming back, I won't believe anyone who says it even if Dan tells me himself. Rightfully so, his race is run. I appreciate the great things he did for Waterford in his peak but people have to accept that all good things must come to an end.

Dan is not coming back, I won't believe anyone who says it even if Dan tells me himself. Rightfully so, his race is run. I appreciate the great things he did for Waterford in his peak but people have to accept that all good things must come to an end.

Ha ha, I mostly agree with you. I think it would be a different matter if we had a young team shorn of experience, and would benefit from a bit of experience in the dressing room. That said, I do not see too many options at full forward when Shane Walsh isn't there, so if he were interested and willing to play a restricted role, think he could be an effective impact sub at full forward.

In any case, the man well deserves his retirement, so people speculating on him coming back, I think we could do without.

is it just me or does John sexton always have it for Waterford ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭deisebhoy17

In the past week weve been told dan is coming back, adrian power has walked off the panel and noel connors is out for the rest of the season. what else do we read here that is complete rubbish is what im thinking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

Link to story in the Examiner:
    http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/mullane-and-kelly-set-for-deise-return-186947.html

Very pleased to hear Power hasn't left the panel. Hopefully he will start now in the next game.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭The blue blaa

In the past week weve been told dan is coming back, adrian power has walked off the panel and noel connors is out for the rest of the season. what else do we read here that is complete rubbish is what im thinking[/Quote]

Dan coming back is pure bull.
    Adrian Power did walk off after the row he was back the following night.
    Noelie could be out for seaon it's not all good news yet.
    I told ye on this last week mull was back next weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭STIG83

Where do the rumours of players leaving come out of? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

Waterford v Kilkenny highlights:

• Advertisement

In the past week weve been told dan is coming back, adrian power has walked off the panel and noel connors is out for the rest of the season. what else do we read here that is complete rubbish is what im thinking

I told ye on this last week mull was back next weekend[/QUOTE]

Id love to know who your sources are..

For starters Mullane announced publicly himself on RTE Radio 1 last month that hed be back after paddys weekend, but thanks all the same
    Power just missed a couple trainings because he had a thesis to hand up for college and was given permission to do so. this was blown out of all proportion as confirmed by Michael Ryan
    Noel Connors could miss the rest of the league, but will be back for the championship as confirmed by.... noel connors

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭The blue blaa

In the past week weve been told dan is coming back, adrian power has walked off the panel and noel connors is out for the rest of the season. what e

I told ye on this last week mull was back next weekend

Id love to know who your sources are..

For starters Mullane announced publicly himself on RTE Radio 1 last month that hed be back after paddys weekend, but thanks all the same
    Power just missed a couple trainings because he had a thesis to hand up for college and was given permission to do so. this was blown out of all proportion as confirmed by Michael Ryan
    Noel Connors could miss the rest of the league, but will be back for the championship as confirmed by.... noel connors

Use your head now why would Scully come out an say what really happened with power.. he'd be up to his balls in criticism from every one,I agree blown out of proportion but it happened. As for Noel he has a bulging disc which is effecting the sciatic nerve so he's not out of trouble yet I said he might miss season which could be the case if he needs the op. As for Mullane coming back or redser as we call him, did I claim to be the one who broke the news? just simply stating a fact. I am no bull****ter I could tell ye allsorts what's going on but what's the point.. My source is 110% yours by the sounds of it, is the Media i.e rte radio an Wlr fm but hey who's to know.. I'm sure at the end of the day we all want the same thing..

Any word on a team for sunday?

Hope to see a few changes. Hope Power gets a try in goals aswell give him 2 games at least the same as Iggy got

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Anyone know the training times and places?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭Cake Man

deise_girl wrote: »

Tuesdays and Fridays at 7 in Carraiganore. They'll be out there tonight, as will the U21's.

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭mccarthy37

Well do we have any chance on Sunday against Tipp, our confidence seems to be at an all time low it would be brilliant if we could get a win in Semple even a good showing would go a long way to restoring our pride. I wonder will many travel up fingers crossed for now. Club finals and rugby tomorrow should be a great day of sport and then Sunday whatever that will hold, hope it will be a great game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭DublinGAA96

Cake Man wrote: »
    deise_girl wrote: »

Tuesdays and Fridays at 7 in Carraiganore. They'll be out there tonight, as will the U21's.

They only train two nights a week?

They only train two nights a week?

Well yeah but I'm sure the other nights are spent in the gym or other types of training and then a match at the weekend. I believe that's what most counties do.

ill be going..win lose or draw Hon the deise.
    they need us now more than ever

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭IanVW

Waterford Senior Hurling Team to play Tipperary in Div 1A of the Allianz Hurling League on Sunday in Semple Stadium, Thurles.

StephenO’Keeffe Ballygunner
    DarraghFives Tourin
    Liam Lawlor Fourmilewater
    PhilipMahony Ballygunner
    Tony Browne Mount Sion
    Kevin Moran De La Salle
    Jamie Nagle Dungarvan
    MichaelWalsh Stradbally CAPTAIN
    StephenMolumphy Ballyduff Upper
    Shane O’Sullivan Ballygunner
    Shane Walsh Fourmilewater
    GavinO’Brien Roanmore
    MauriceShanahan Lismore
    MartinO’Neill Mount Sion
    PaulO’Brien Tallow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭deisedude

I want to bang my head off the table having seen that lineup. Surely they won't lineup like that positionally

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭doz

Looks like the experiments with Philip Mahony in the corner and Brick at CF are set to continue...good to see Sully back in the lineup at least. Anyone know why Pauric Mahony is not in, is he on the bench or injured? He's played a lot of hurling recently and could probably do with a breather. Not particularly optimistic about Sunday but at least we are getting closer to having everyone fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭IanVW

Waterford supporters going to Thurles on Sunday are asked to enter the town from Holy Cross. The St Patrick's Day Parade will take place in Thurles on Sunday and there will be no traffic in the area around the square. Traffic entering from the Holy Cross side will be diverted by the Old Sugar Factory road.

Ah they surely won't line up as named there. 1-7 will most likely stay as is. GOB, Shane Walsh and MON FF line. HF line of probably Maurice, Brick and Molumphy/Sully. POB and Molumphy/Sully midfield. Would have liked to see Ringo corner back and push either Philip or Darragh to wing back instead of Nagle.
    Good to see SOK getting a run on goal, had a feeling he'd start as Iggy was peppering him with shots all through training this evening. Not sure if Paudric is injured or what. We'll need MON to be dead accurate from frees as we'll need everything we can get in Thurles. I'll be travelling up in hope more than expectation though.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭Deise Doodler

Can'nt believe Jamie Nagle is back in again, starting to feel like a merry go round with himself and dec, wouldnt mind seeing brick back in the middle though and pual o Brien in the corner,but who knows how they will actually line out

doz wrote: »
    Anyone know why Pauric Mahony is not in, is he on the bench or injured? He's played a lot of hurling recently and could probably do with a breather.

Missed 4 frees the last day. When hes missing frees theres not a whole lot of reasons to play him.

Missed 4 frees the last day. When hes missing frees theres not a whole lot of reasons to play him.

Yes, after all, what would be the point of giving a young promising lad some gametime, and letting him grow into the game..

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭jupiterjack

will i go to fraher field or semple stadium tomorrow, not sure yet..

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭daddydick

That's a ridiculous comment

• Advertisement

Yes, after all, what would be the point of giving a young promising lad some gametime, and letting him grow into the game..
    i agree gametime me arse its scores we need if he cant take them step aside let someone who can do it ,do it also he missed one out of his hand in between the frees should have been taken off them after second one dose not contribute enough from play can be thankful he plays for waterford ,cause he would have blown his chance in a kk team long ago ,handy free taker but we have tonnes of them

i agree gametime me arse its scores we need if he cant take them step aside let someone who can do it ,do it also he missed one out of his hand in between the frees should have been taken off them after second one dose not contribute enough from play can be thankful he plays for waterford ,cause he would have blown his chance in a kk team long ago ,handy free taker but we have tonnes of them

Is there any chance you'd spare us you're sh*t spouting for once? He was nominated for young hurler of the year last year. He scored 2 points from play against Cork without even playing well. Was an integral part of the UCC team that won the Fitzgibbon. He's only on his second year on the Waterford Senior team and will still be u21 next year. Who are all these other players that can do it that aren't getting a chance?

This is not the first time you've come out with something absolutely ridiculous, one can't help but wonder are you really that clueless or are you trolling!

The only valid point in your post, is that perhaps Maurice or Martin O'Neill should have taken over the frees after Pauric seemed to be having an off-day, in my opinion. As for the rest, perhaps you might enlighten us as to this mystical place of yours, where top class intercounty hurlers in the prime of their career can be found ready and waiting to walk onto intercounty teams, as even the KK management would like to know that trick!

Is there any chance you'd spare us you're sh*t spouting for once? He was nominated for young hurler of the year last year. He scored 2 points from play against Cork without even playing well. Was an integral part of the UCC team that won the Fitzgibbon. He's only on his second year on the Waterford Senior team and will still be u21 next year. Who are all these other players that can do it that aren't getting a chance?

This is not the first time you've come out with something absolutely ridiculous, one can't help but wonder are you really that clueless or are you trolling!
    ouch say it as you see it,big deal 2 points from play,boys to men, its no coincidence that we have 2 all irelands in 130 years when we have hurley huggers like yourself waiting for all these fellas to come good some day,, live here and now,your not his little brother by any chance , troll me arse, your full of **** yourself, its freedom of speech ,grow a pair

The only valid point in your post, is that perhaps Maurice or Martin O'Neill should have taken over the frees after Pauric seemed to be having an off-day, in my opinion. As for the rest, perhaps you might enlighten us as to this mystical place of yours, where top class intercounty hurlers in the prime of their career can be found ready and waiting to walk onto intercounty teams, as even the KK management would like to know that trick!
    kk management know it already,you should know it as well or were you asleep for the last 10 years,the place im living in is not mystical its reality ,also the word perhaps says enough about your attitude towards the situation suppose if you were manager you would have given him another 10 just to get his eye in

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭daddydick

kk management know it already,you should know it as well or were you asleep for the last 10 years,the place im living in is not mystical its reality ,also the word perhaps says enough about your attitude towards the situation suppose if you were manager you would have given him another 10 just to get his eye in

You're use of the English language is appalling. I actually cannot understand what you write.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,605 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

You're use of the English language is appalling. I actually cannot understand what you write.

Lol irony!

ouch say it as you see it,big deal 2 points from play,boys to men, its no coincidence that we have 2 all irelands in 130 years when we have hurley huggers like yourself waiting for all these fellas to come good some day,, live here and now,your not his little brother by any chance , troll me arse, your full of **** yourself, its freedom of speech ,grow a pair

A lot more than most are scoring. Maybe yourself and Deisebhoy should form a new management team, as ye seem to know of a hord of hidden gems the rest of us are oblivious too.

In all seriousness though, while I'm not claiming to know everything nor am I looking to deny people the right to say what they say, I have to be sceptical of some of the things you say. You questioned Mullane's commitment, that is just unthinkable for any genuine Waterford fan in my opinion. This slight at Mahony is also grossly undeserved. Also, what is a hurley hugger?

Give him another 10 what? That would imply he's already had 10 something, he's been there a year.

That's a ridiculous comment

Why is it so ridiculous?

He dosent always contribute a whole pile from open play so if hes off form with the frees then why should he be a certainty to start? The likes of Shanahan and O'Neill are just as good from frees on their day theres alot more competition for places than people above are suggesting. It seems here that because of of a fellahs reputation means you daren't give a negative opinion on him and god forbid drop him!

Down at half time 0-15 to 1-7. Molumphy got the goal. Sounds like we are struggling to live with the Tipp forwards and living off scraps. Hopefully a few second half changes might mix it up. Brick at CB

Just heard that eoin mcgrath is warming up on the sideline. radio switched off

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement