Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Waterford GAA Discussion Thread 2011-2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭Cake Man

Heard the U21's had a good win in a challenge game v Limerick up in Limerick on Monday evening (minus the U21's on the senior panel, presumably Limerick the same also). Apparently the result was good but the performance was excellent so good to hear that with the Clare match next Thursday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭deisebhoy17

i wouldn't rule it out, i have faith in the team,

we might not win it this year. but we are getting closer.

Im not saying were not in with a shout lad, what I mean is weve had probably one of our greatest ever teams over the past decade or so with lads like Ken McGrath, Paul Flynn, Fergal Hartley, John Mullane, Tony Browne, Eoin Kelly, Eoin Murphy, Michael Brick Walsh ect. and if we couldnt win an All Ireland with all them lads on the one team I think its a bit late now when you say 'we should go all out to win an All Ireland for once and for all'. Our big chance has gone at this stage really, I think were nothing more than an outside bet now compared to back then we were one of the main contenders every year.
    Im not dishing the lads that are there at the moment in fact I think weve got some terrific young talent coming through (which has not really been credited by many outside this county - the way to have it) But I think our realistic aim is to remain a competitive force while were in transition, which we are, and not to end up like counties like Clare, Wexford and Offaly in recent years who have found themselves having to build from the bottom up once again. I think were on the right track in that respect and credit to Davy Fitz who kept the ship afloat very well, and who knows we might find ourselves back in an AI final quicker than we think

• Registered Users Posts: 43 wex_lad

No need to call me a prick, cyber warrior

why not get Mullane to tuck a pack of Rothmans cigarettes into his top packet?

Cos Mull doesn't smoke.

PTH2009 wrote: »
    my team

1 S O Keefe

2 N Connors (Marking Noel Mcgrath)
    3 L Lawlor (Marking John O Brien)
    4 S Daniels (Marking Lar Corbett)

5 P Mahony (Marking Brian O Meara)
    6 M Walsh (Marking Patrick Bonnor Maher)
    7 D Twomey (Marking Pa Bourke)

8 K Moran (Marking Shane Mcgrath)
    9 S Molumphy (Marking Brenden Maher)

10 M Shanahan (Marking Padraic Maher)
    11 S Prendergast (Marking Conor O Mahony)
    12 E Kelly (Marking Thomas Stapleton)

13 J Mullane (Marking Michael Cahill)
    14 S Walsh (Marking Paul Curren)
    15 Paul O Brien (Marking Conor O Brien)

I think lar Corbett will move into the Tipp Full Forward line and test out a new Waterford defender.

The Marking of the Bonnor Maher and the tipp half forward line are crucical.

I believe Waterford will have to have a plan b ready.

BTW tickets are on sale in Walsh Park i got 4 Uncovered Stand block G tickets.

Id say thats more or less the team spot on bar twomey, who i dont think has hardly ever played wing back so I dont know where you got that from. It will more than likely be Foley in that position again.

Agree completely about Bonnar Maher he is the guy to keep tabs on he wreaked havoc in the semi against Cork. Lar hasnt hurled all the year so cant afford to place too much emphasis on him with so many other good forwards about the place

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭hurler on de ditch

It'sa Clique (pronounce kleek), it took me reading that 4 times till I understood what you were saying
    same here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Black Suir

Ouch :(

WLR

Anyone got a link to the examiners report.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 tomkelly99

So the Cadburys Creme Egg/Marietta Biscuits/Fitzgerald Menswear sponsored Munster Hurling Final is upon us again and what an occasion it should be down in that Eastern Bloc Communist 1980's style stadium they call Porky Kweef. The two heavyweights of Munster hurling - the Premier and the Deise - squaring off in a winner-takes-all-but-loser-plays-Galway-eventually-so-not-too-bad match at 4pm on Sunday. Here I will outline the reasons I think Waterford will definitely win on Sunday,or maybe Tipp.

1) Waterford are magic at frees. Michael Skully Ryan got Keith Barry in to help with the coaching for frees. Now,fellas can just 'magic' the ball over the bar with a lovely stroke and the power of the mind. Last time I checked no keeper stands on the crossbar so if we win frees,that's a score for us because a keeper can't stop a free unless he's like Dan Shanahan who is about 14 feet tall. So win frees and we win the game.

2) The Christmas tree formation
    Michael Skully Ryan is a huge fan of the Christmas tree formation and perfected it when he was coaching the Ballymacarbry ladies football team. It involves a 5-4-3-2-1 formation with Eoin Spanky McGrath the fella at the top because he's our biggest goal threat. It also involves Steebum O'Keeffe playing out the field a bit as an extra defender but that's not a problem because if it's one thing Tipp can't dó against us it's score goals. Every fella pumps the ball long into Spanky and every time he gets the ball,it'll be a goal. The Tipp full back,George Frend won't have a clue what hit him. Spanky spent many a Christmas sitting on top of the tree in the McGrath household as they hated fairies so he's the perfect man for the job.

3) Sideline cuts and frees
    Tipp are very good at sideline cuts and frees so if we don't give them any,we'll win the game easy. Waterford have worked hard on a tactic in training and they used it well against Davy the pixie and his team in the semi final.....just gently ask the fella you're marking for the ball. So,say Lar has the ball. Noel Connors wanders up to him as he's running and says gently 'Lar,give us that ould ball please.' and then Lar gives it to him and away we go down the field and pump it into Spanky. Easy out.

4)Tipp have Packie Bonner playing. He's very old and he's not a good hurler so we should definitely target him. They also have Ronnie Corbetts brother Larry playing and all he's good for is telling jokes,he's got veyy little else to offer. Tipp have never beaten Waterford in a Munster final that is an even number sothis one is bagged because it's 2012 last time I checked.

5)We've got some great players. Former De La Salle great and part time midget magician Paul Daniels young fella is playing,Stephen is his name. He'marvellous. The fella that owns the hotel in Dungarbum Liam Lawlor is taking the day off and he's brilliant too. All in all our fellas are better than their fellas by at least 34%.

6)Hitting the post. Tipp have an awful tendency to hit the post in big games so if they hit the post it could lead to a 16 point swing. So if Tipp hit the post,we'll win by 18,but if they score from that shot,we'll lose by 22.

I'd be very conident we'll win. I met Michael Ryan today in Peter Marks getting the hair done before the game. He says we'll win easily. He was saying John Mullane is improving all the time....he can form whole sentences now and everything. That's great. Eoin Kelly he said is on top of his game. He took 8,532 frees on Tuesday night. Have a guess how many he missed? Zero. None.

Meself and the wife are heading up early,might get mass in Killeagh on the way. We normally leave at 6:45am,irregardless of location. Dr.Hayes says a good long mass....3 hours,since his stroke. Up then and have the tae and away we go.

I hope to meet old friends at the game. Great Gaels like Vladimir Putin from Clonoulty/Rossmore,Kanye West from Thurles,Robert Lewandowski from the famed Nenagh Éire Óg club and that Nicky Minaj fella from Clonmel.

All in all,a close game but Waterford will definitely win by 18 points. Or maybe Tipp will.

Enjoy the game.Tomkelly99
    @thetomkelly99

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭deisefolife

we missed you tom

tomkelly99 wrote: »
    So the Cadburys Creme Egg/Marietta Biscuits/Fitzgerald Menswear sponsored Munster Hurling Final is upon us again and what an occasion it should be down in that Eastern Bloc Communist 1980's style stadium they call Porky Kweef. The two heavyweights of Munster hurling - the Premier and the Deise - squaring off in a winner-takes-all-but-loser-plays-Galway-eventually-so-not-too-bad match at 4pm on Sunday. Here I will outline the reasons I think Waterford will definitely win on Sunday,or maybe Tipp.

1) Waterford are magic at frees. Michael Skully Ryan got Keith Barry in to help with the coaching for frees. Now,fellas can just 'magic' the ball over the bar with a lovely stroke and the power of the mind. Last time I checked no keeper stands on the crossbar so if we win frees,that's a score for us because a keeper can't stop a free unless he's like Dan Shanahan who is about 14 feet tall. So win frees and we win the game.

2) The Christmas tree formation
    Michael Skully Ryan is a huge fan of the Christmas tree formation and perfected it when he was coaching the Ballymacarbry ladies football team. It involves a 5-4-3-2-1 formation with Eoin Spanky McGrath the fella at the top because he's our biggest goal threat. It also involves Steebum O'Keeffe playing out the field a bit as an extra defender but that's not a problem because if it's one thing Tipp can't dó against us it's score goals. Every fella pumps the ball long into Spanky and every time he gets the ball,it'll be a goal. The Tipp full back,George Frend won't have a clue what hit him. Spanky spent many a Christmas sitting on top of the tree in the McGrath household as they hated fairies so he's the perfect man for the job.

3) Sideline cuts and frees
    Tipp are very good at sideline cuts and frees so if we don't give them any,we'll win the game easy. Waterford have worked hard on a tactic in training and they used it well against Davy the pixie and his team in the semi final.....just gently ask the fella you're marking for the ball. So,say Lar has the ball. Noel Connors wanders up to him as he's running and says gently 'Lar,give us that ould ball please.' and then Lar gives it to him and away we go down the field and pump it into Spanky. Easy out.

4)Tipp have Packie Bonner playing. He's very old and he's not a good hurler so we should definitely target him. They also have Ronnie Corbetts brother Larry playing and all he's good for is telling jokes,he's got veyy little else to offer. Tipp have never beaten Waterford in a Munster final that is an even number sothis one is bagged because it's 2012 last time I checked.

5)We've got some great players. Former De La Salle great and part time midget magician Paul Daniels young fella is playing,Stephen is his name. He'marvellous. The fella that owns the hotel in Dungarbum Liam Lawlor is taking the day off and he's brilliant too. All in all our fellas are better than their fellas by at least 34%.

6)Hitting the post. Tipp have an awful tendency to hit the post in big games so if they hit the post it could lead to a 16 point swing. So if Tipp hit the post,we'll win by 18,but if they score from that shot,we'll lose by 22.

I'd be very conident we'll win. I met Michael Ryan today in Peter Marks getting the hair done before the game. He says we'll win easily. He was saying John Mullane is improving all the time....he can form whole sentences now and everything. That's great. Eoin Kelly he said is on top of his game. He took 8,532 frees on Tuesday night. Have a guess how many he missed? Zero. None.

Meself and the wife are heading up early,might get mass in Killeagh on the way. We normally leave at 6:45am,irregardless of location. Dr.Hayes says a good long mass....3 hours,since his stroke. Up then and have the tae and away we go.

I hope to meet old friends at the game. Great Gaels like Vladimir Putin from Clonoulty/Rossmore,Kanye West from Thurles,Robert Lewandowski from the famed Nenagh Éire Óg club and that Nicky Minaj fella from Clonmel.

All in all,a close game but Waterford will definitely win by 18 points. Or maybe Tipp will.

Enjoy the game.Tomkelly99
    @thetomkelly99
    dont give up the job ,if you have one that is ,not your best utter tripe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭daddydick

It's a bit if light hearted fun for God sakes.

This coming from a man who said not so long ago: "HE MIGHT BE A TOERAG, BUT HE'S OUR OUR TOERAG" about John Mullane. Stopped reading your posts after that. Easily the most cringeworthy post I've ever read.

daddydick wrote: »
    It's a bit if light hearted fun for God sakes.

This coming from a man who said not so long ago: "HE MIGHT BE A TOERAG, BUT HE'S OUR OUR TOERAG" about John Mullane. Stopped reading your posts after that. Easily the most cringeworthy post I've ever read.
    that was a quote from the terracing ,and as much as you would like to think that you stopped reading my posts ,you just cant help yourself can you ?,daddydick more like weenerboy, chill out ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

hurler on de ditch, you have some chip on your shoulder boy, don't think you ever post anything here that isn't having a go at another user or a rant against players/management/board/everyone really....think your vitriol would be better suited over on anfearrua.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭solarith

You spelled 'the' wrong in your username.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭deisefolife

I personally had a good laugh while I was reading it.

I found it hilarious tbh..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

I personally had a good laugh while I was reading it.

I found it hilarious tbh..

All ''normal'' people did deise it is a classic, one in a long line of them I might add.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 580 ✭✭✭HillFarmer

When is the team named?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭calvin_zola

No need to call me a <snip>

Its just my opinion

I just think, the add is tacky as it adds to stereotypical image which certain portions of the media associate with GAA

GAA = Alcohol

I Understand the concept of using the player target practice using bottles

Brings to mind, wild west, gun shooting, accuracy, the skill of a hurler etc.

Interesting concept (if not original)

But why question is this:

Why use bottles of ALCOHOL?

Why not empty bottles of bottles of milk or soft drink?

Why? Because ALCOHOL in advertising is portrayed as being cool, being hip, it will make you more attractive, tougher, more fun etc.

Now, here is a question for you Wex_lad

If they used ALCOHOL in the add, why not get Mullane to tuck a pack of Rothmans cigarettes into his top packet?
    Your totally overanalyzing it

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭mccarthy37

Jasus Tom Kelly Pat Short gets paid good money for material that is not as funny as this. More please to cheer us all up in this gloomy weather. This should be posted up on the dressing room wall it would inspire the team to have a good laugh.

mccarthy37 wrote: »
    Jasus Tom Kelly Pat Short gets paid good money for material that is not as funny as this. More please to cheer us all up in this gloomy weather. This should be posted up on the dressing room wall it would inspire the team to have a good laugh.

Imagine the team walking into the dressing room on Sunday and this stuff plastered over the wall.. Would love to see a reaction there haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,923 ✭✭✭deisedude

You don't use capital letters and your grammar is all over the place and yet you are saying his posts aren't up to scratch! :eek: I've seen it all now!

• Advertisement

deisedude wrote: »
    You don't use capital letters and your grammar is all over the place and yet you are saying his posts aren't up to scratch! :eek: I've seen it all now!
    I do love his/her use of a comma ,though.

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭mccarthy37

solarith wrote: »
    Imagine the team walking into the dressing room on Sunday and this stuff plastered over the wall.. Would love to see a reaction there haha
    Especially after they won.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,174 ✭✭✭hardybuck

The most crucial area for us to get right this weekend is the half forward line again. I think the rest of the team is relatively settled in comparison to last year. Lawlor has settled into full back, Brick back to himself at centre back. Daniels will be up against it again this weekend should he start at corner back, I wouldn't be surprised if Tipp moved Corbett in on him.

The half forward line however, is easily our weakest line, and an area where Tipp generally dominate. Seamus Prendergast had a great day out against Clare, but he is not a top class centre forward. Kelly and Shanahan if picked are poor enough in terms of workrate and winning their own possession.

Should be be aiming to pull the half forward line back towards midfield and try and pack midfield? Bring Mullane into a roving role around the 40 and try and get him on the ball running at the Tipp backs, hoping he will draw fouls?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 580 ✭✭✭HillFarmer

hardybuck wrote: »
    The most crucial area for us to get right this weekend is the half forward line again. I think the rest of the team is relatively settled in comparison to last year. Lawlor has settled into full back, Brick back to himself at centre back. Daniels will be up against it again this weekend should he start at corner back, I wouldn't be surprised if Tipp moved Corbett in on him.

The half forward line however, is easily our weakest line, and an area where Tipp generally dominate. Seamus Prendergast had a great day out against Clare, but he is not a top class centre forward. Kelly and Shanahan if picked are poor enough in terms of workrate and winning their own possession.

Should be be aiming to pull the half forward line back towards midfield and try and pack midfield? Bring Mullane into a roving role around the 40 and try and get him on the ball running at the Tipp backs, hoping he will draw fouls?

Think this is pretty much it. If we can gain parity in this line we will win.
    Seamy pender to get man of the match and gavin o brien to score 1-3!

HillFarmer wrote: »
    Think this is pretty much it. If we can gain parity in this line we will win.
    Seamy pender to get man of the match and gavin o brien to score 1-3!

If you gain parity there you win?? Are you saying in your opinion that Waterford are stronger in all other lines so?

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭banger01

[HTML] It's only €17.10 for a Waterford-Dublin return.
    [/HTML]
    Go to Dublin so!:D

If you gain parity there you win?? Are you saying in your opinion that Waterford are stronger in all other lines so?

Well we probably can't win without gaining parity here.

Well we probably can't win without gaining parity here.

Agreed, but thats a completely different statement :D

Parity here might not be as difficult as some are portraying either, quite frankly Paraic Mahers form so far has been very ordinary, Tom Stapelton in unproven and lacks genuine pace, COM is playing very well and is extremely solid, but as has been said Prendergast is probably the most solid of the W'ford line, so it will be interesting I think.

Agreed, but thats a completely different statement :D

Parity here might not be as difficult as some are portraying either, quite frankly Paraic Mahers form so far has been very ordinary, Tom Stapelton in unproven and lacks genuine pace, COM is playing very well and is extremely solid, but as has been said Prendergast is probably the most solid of the W'ford line, so it will be interesting I think.

Well I think COM and Prendergast should have a good battle. Could see that being a 50:50 duel.

I would expect Maher to dominate Shanahan. We need to keep ball away from him unless it is well placed ball straight into his paw. I'd expect Maher to win 30:70 balls off him.

Stapleton is a handy player I think. Didn't he do a very good job on Mullane last year? Regardless, he should be far too athletic for Kelly. The only think I expect Kelly to bring to the table now is his ability to be the joker in the pack, and maybe conjure a goal or two out of nowhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭alllcounty

Is Tony Browne fully fit. I thought last year he was one of 3 players to have done well against Tipp in that mauling. The other two being moran and pauric mahony who scored 13 points.
    If the half forward line pushed out there is no guarantee the tipp half backs follow them out. Normally the half back should hold its line. Kilkenny paid the price last week which is unusual for their standards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Hslaw

[QUOTE Seamy pender to get man of the match and gavin o brien to score 1-3![/Quote]

I really hope your right.

alllcounty wrote: »
    Is Tony Browne fully fit. I thought last year he was one of 3 players to have done well against Tipp in that mauling. The other two being moran and pauric mahony who scored 13 points.
    If the half forward line pushed out there is no guarantee the tipp half backs follow them out. Normally the half back should hold its line. Kilkenny paid the price last week which is unusual for their standards.

I wouldn't blame the Kilkenny midfield too much. Galway had full forward line players in there rotating as well and they seemed to regularly get on the ball rather than just making up the numbers.

I think Kilkenny's inexperienced midfield were cleaned out, as well as Galway out-muscling them and playing with far more intensity. Dublin were successful at matching KK physically before, but they didn't have the class that Galway had in the forwards to punish them.

Well I think COM and Prendergast should have a good battle. Could see that being a 50:50 duel.

I would expect Maher to dominate Shanahan. We need to keep ball away from him unless it is well placed ball straight into his paw. I'd expect Maher to win 30:70 balls off him.

Stapleton is a handy player I think. Didn't he do a very good job on Mullane last year? Regardless, he should be far too athletic for Kelly. The only think I expect Kelly to bring to the table now is his ability to be the joker in the pack, and maybe conjure a goal or two out of nowhere.

No you are mixing Paddy Stapelton with Tom Stapelton, Paddy is a corner back who has been excellent for the last few years but has had an injury plaqued year, Tom is a big strong wing back who likes to come forward but this is he's first year starting and I personally think he lacks abit of mobility.

alllcounty wrote: »

I dont think Tony would be able to match any ot the starting Tipp HF line for 70 mins, Lar and Pa would absolutley burn him for pace and Bonner would well do a bonner on him, and persoanlly I'd hate to see alegend like Browne been shown up, which I think with the pace of the Tipp forwards he would.

Having said that wouldnt he be a great man to bring on with 20 mins to go to either close out a game or to give a lift to a team in a close match, he's hurling brain, calmness and experience would be invaluable in that scenario.

No you are mixing Paddy Stapelton with Tom Stapelton, Paddy is a corner back who has been excellent for the last few years but has had an injury plaqued year, Tom is a big strong wing back who likes to come forward but this is he's first year starting and I personally think he lacks abit of mobility.

Ah right. Well if Kelly is on him, his lack of mobility won't be an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭seananigans

No need to call me a <snip>

Its just my opinion

I just think, the add is tacky as it adds to stereotypical image which certain portions of the media associate with GAA

GAA = Alcohol

I Understand the concept of using the player target practice using bottles

Brings to mind, wild west, gun shooting, accuracy, the skill of a hurler etc.

Interesting concept (if not original)

But why question is this:

Why use bottles of ALCOHOL?

Why not empty bottles of bottles of milk or soft drink?

Why? Because ALCOHOL in advertising is portrayed as being cool, being hip, it will make you more attractive, tougher, more fun etc.

Now, here is a question for you Wex_lad

If they used ALCOHOL in the add, why not get Mullane to tuck a pack of Rothmans cigarettes into his top packet?

Did it ever occur to you large bottles are something that is associated with Waterford?

You could also argue the symbolism is of Mullane defeating alcohol or knocking it out of the way to achieve things.

hurler on de ditch, you have some chip on your shoulder boy, don't think you ever post anything here that isn't having a go at another user or a rant against players/management/board/everyone really....think your vitriol would be better suited over on anfearrua.
    look i say it as i see it ,it was the same when i said tony browne should not be in the team,then he is dropped and suddenly there is no mention of him ,we cant all have the same rose tinted outlook on the hurling team as most of ye ,as i said before i dont do chips,its like one post here that said i thought tony browne did well ,we got bet by 21 points ,and then mahony did well with his 13 points 12 of them from frees and the game over after 5 minutes some pressure on the free taker then ,

I dont think Tony would be able to match any ot the starting Tipp HF line for 70 mins, Lar and Pa would absolutley burn him for pace and Bonner would well do a bonner on him, and persoanlly I'd hate to see alegend like Browne been shown up, which I think with the pace of the Tipp forwards he would.

Having said that wouldnt he be a great man to bring on with 20 mins to go to either close out a game or to give a lift to a team in a close match, he's hurling brain, calmness and experience would be invaluable in that scenario.
    i agree with your assessment of where Tony Browne is at now ,BUT i think if you see Tony coming in id say we will be in big trouble probably on a hiding and its the last throw of the dice ,obviously if there going at training as hard as they should be and there is a wicked hunger for places ,to me that means tony is not able for our own forwards let alone tipps

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭glick6

I have a feeling theres goong to be a surprise in the team. We'l wait til it's named officially. Shouldn't be long now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭glick6

Named on twitter. Tony Browne in. Paudie Mahoney in. Foley and Kelly out.

Starting team announced

1. Stephen O’Keeffe Ballygunner
    2. Noel Connors Passage
    3. Liam Lawlor Fourmilewater
    4. Stephen Daniels De La Salle
    5. Tony Browne Mount Sion
    6. Michael Walsh (Captain) Stradbally
    7. Kevin Moran De La Salle
    8. Stephen Molumphy Ballyduff Upper
    9. Philip Mahony Ballygunner
    10. Pauric Mahony Ballygunner
    11. Seamus Prendergast Ardmore
    12. Maurice Shanahan Lismore
    13. John Mullane De La Salle
    14. Shane Walsh Fourmilewater
    15. Gavin O’Brien Roanmore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,930 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Starting team announced

1. Stephen O’Keeffe Ballygunner
    2. Noel Connors Passage
    3. Liam Lawlor Fourmilewater
    4. Stephen Daniels De La Salle
    5. Tony Browne Mount Sion
    6. Michael Walsh (Captain) Stradbally
    7. Kevin Moran De La Salle
    8. Stephen Molumphy Ballyduff Upper
    9. Philip Mahony Ballygunner
    10. Pauric Mahony Ballygunner
    11. Seamus Prendergast Ardmore
    12. Maurice Shanahan Lismore
    13. John Mullane De La Salle
    14. Shane Walsh Fourmilewater
    15. Gavin O’Brien Roanmore

I'd have Kelly ahead of Pauric but management have deemed him fit and hopefully he will be match fit and gives a good performance

Hopefully tony browne will be able to match the speed of the tipp half forward line.

Have a feeling this maybe the last Munster final appearances for Tony Browne and possibly Seasmus Pendergast and John Mullane.

I'd have Kelly ahead of Pauric but management have deemed him fit and hopefully he will be match fit and gives a good performance

Hopefully tony browne will be able to match the speed of the tipp half forward line.

Have a feeling this maybe the last Munster final appearances for Tony Browne and possibly Seasmus Pendergast and John Mullane.

Jaysus I dunno weve been saying that about Browne every year for the past 10 years and hes still there!

Will be a proud day for Mickey Mahony with two younglads starting on the team

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭daddydick

Jesus the ball hasn't even been thrown in and your retiring lads.

Fairly happy with the line-up. Think Foley is a little unlucky but no real complaints. Surprised to see Paudie in but if he's not 100% we have good replacements in O'Neill and of course Kelly. After scoring 0-13 in this game last year he should have nothing to fear marking the relatively inexperienced Tom Stapleton.

glad to see tony starting,hoping for a shanahan style swan song a la 2010 was there for both finals :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,579 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

glick6 wrote: »
    I have a feeling theres goong to be a surprise in the team. We'l wait til it's named officially. Shouldn't be long now!

Read on FB Tony starts

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Optimist eternal

I just hope Tony Browne has the legs for it. His experience will be a great asset for the team on Sunday.

Jaysus I dunno weve been saying that about Browne every year for the past 10 years and hes still there!

Will be a proud day for Mickey Mahony with two younglads starting on the team

the mothers genes don't hurt either,having two uncles of the old guard

I just hope Tony Browne has the legs for it. His experience will be a great asset for the team on Sunday.

he can only be an asset cool the nerves starting off,get the team right,if he falters they can swop him out once the team settles,no sense bringing him on once the horse has bolted,get the team right,only waterford can beat waterford,tipp dont have a chance

are you kidding? prender and tony I see ,but mullane has years in him yet .

went to school woith mullane thought he was a cocky git,but what i dont like about him as a person ,i loveabout him as a hurler ,driven pushed a man possesed,he has at least 4 years,and would have any 13 jersey in the country if he wanted it,bar kk,they dont have room for flair

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement