Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky

Options
  • 19-08-2011 8:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭

Rang up about a free movies offer with sky last month and after much confusion I get someone who says "yep I know the offer, yes thats free I'll add that for ya now".

Got billed today for the month, the movies and a month in advance. €81 instead of €29 or whatever I usually pay. Cost me €7 worth of credit to ring them today as I was constantly put on hold (for about 20 minutes of a 30 minute call) while the guy checked with his supervisor as to what the trouble was. I'm still awaiting a call from a supervisor to talk about the issue. The guy told me that there was no offer gone on and I was charged full whack.

So what if the supervisor claims there was no offer ? What proof have I got ? Will they have my phone call from a month ago recorded ? I didnt get any e-mail confirmation or anything about this offer. Seen it online and rang about it.

I have had nothing but trouble with these guys so I'm not expecting this to be a "Sorry sir we will refund you straight away" I'm expecting an interrogation about this offer and what lead me to believe that what I was getting was free. Can I demand a refund rather than credit ? Can I get the €7 back that I spent ringing them about a mistake they made ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭enniscorthy

dont get me started with sky mate nothing but fraudsters and cowboys.... keep hounding them and hounding them if nothing comes of it cut all links with them or enquire about legal action regards brian

• Registered Users Posts: 28,984 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

They will have your call recorded and on record. Be affirmitive when talking to them, tell them to check their records and to call you back. Tell them you demand that you get a full refund. The person you are talking won't have the authority to do this so give them a contact number for you and tell them to contact you when they check the previous call. This might take a day or two. If they come back on saying that you have to pay then tell them you want to cancel your subscription, this will pass you on to their business retention team who are authorised to grant massive discounts. Be firm with them from the offset and you will get what you want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭maxer68

Skunkle wrote: »
    Cost me €7 worth of credit to ring them today as I was constantly put on hold (for about 20 minutes of a 30 minute call) while the guy checked with his supervisor as to what the trouble was. ?

Why can you not email them?

I find companies respond quicker to emails than to phone as emails leave a trail and allows you prove you were in contact with them.

http://www.sky.com/helpcentre

Advertisement