Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New 250gb xbox keeps disconnecting from xbox live

Options
  • 19-08-2011 9:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭

So i got the new xbox recently and im using it wirelessly to connect to live, but it keeps on disconnecting for some reason? With my old xbox i had it hooked up via ethernet cable but ever since i started using the wireless it keeps on disconnecting randomly :confused:

Anybody any ideas on how to fix this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭.E_C_K_S.

To be honest there could be numerous issues such as distance from router, the strength of signal, issues with the wireless on the modem etc....

How often does it disconnect? I presume everything is ok with the connection settings? Is it connected automatically or have you entered the I.p and all that manually?

May sound stupid but how bout just keeping it wired? It would be a better connection in the end anyways!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

When i had it wired, the wire just about reached the old xbox, and since this one is smaller the wire doesnt reach :o

Damo 2k9 wrote: »
    When i had it wired, the wire just about reached the old xbox, and since this one is smaller the wire doesnt reach :o

What about the rest of my questions?!:D

This may sound stupid but how about a longer wire?!

I have a 30ft wire as it is :P And when i was setting it up wirelessly it picked up my connection and i entered in the password ? If thats what you mean by automatically?

Fair enough! I wouldn't know much about the wireless setup( maybe there is someone here that does) but when it connects automatically the I.P changes every time you turn on the xbox.

I have all my settings on manual which allows me to have a static I.P, choose my own dns servers and the likes. Worth a shot if you are really desperate to fix it. Most of it (should) is covered here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056029020

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

If you're using the black Zyxel router from Eircom then there's a known issue that can be worked around - which ISP and router are you using?

pH wrote: »
    If you're using the black Zyxel router from Eircom then there's a known issue that can be worked around - which ISP and router are you using?
    Yeh thats the router im using, how can i work around the issue?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Profondo Rosso

Use your ethernet cable, lay back, relax, smoke a bong, play xbox live without the hassles.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

Use your ethernet cable, lay back, relax, smoke a bong, play xbox live without the hassles.

ha ha ha

Yeh thats the router im using, how can i work around the issue?

See this thread
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=71934992

• Advertisement

So either way im going to keep on disconnecting only this way it will be every hour rather than half an hour?

So either way im going to keep on disconnecting only this way it will be every hour rather than half an hour?

No, you can switch to WEP which will cause no disconnects. This will mean resetting the wifi connection on each device that's currently using wireless, and also WEP is much less secure than WPA.

TBH that zyxel modem has other problems by far the best solution is to get another adsl router.

Another option would be to use some form of Wireless access point attached to the zyxel (you might get one cheap) or use something like connectify and connect the xbox to wireless via a laptop.

Advertisement