Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Houses to rent in North Tipp

Options
  • 19-08-2011 9:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭

The last time i went house hunting i had so many houses to pick from! Now im looking to move and there is a total of two houses to pick from. Im looking in the Templemore & surrounding areas. Iv checked every possible website and there are very few to choose from! Do people not advertise on the net anymore or is there some reason for people not renting?!?!?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

I think part of the problem is that renters are staying put and awaiting market stability. This leads to your problem: fall off in advertising due to the anticipation of negligible demand.

You are probably one of a very small number of people searching for such properties, so it is likely to be unprofitable for (potential) landlords to advertise.

Have a look at The Nenagh Guardian, but more importantly get in touch with local estate agents. A local estate agent will often be able to find you a place to live that isn't even on the rental market. He may simply know local landords who would rent if he approaches.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭hinault

flipall wrote: »
    The last time i went house hunting i had so many houses to pick from! Now im looking to move and there is a total of two houses to pick from. Im looking in the Templemore & surrounding areas. Iv checked every possible website and there are very few to choose from! Do people not advertise on the net anymore or is there some reason for people not renting?!?!?

Plenty of houses for rent here in Thurles (8 miles from Templemore).

PM me if you need more info.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Try auctioneers often landlords dont advertise and get auctioneers to do the work for them. We rented through one a few years back because we couldnt find anything in the papers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Cat Melodeon

Tipp Star often has rental ads. Other than that, try the local estate agents, as already advised. You'll find a list of the Templemore-based ones here: http://www.templemore.ie/directory.htm

Advertisement