Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Mobile Value

Options
  • 19-08-2011 9:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭

Right lads...

Who actually gives you the best value out there in regards to length of contract, texts, mins etc...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭amby666

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Personally I think callcosts.ie is very out of date.You're best off going to each networks site

Before moving to a network always test their signal where you live work and play with a pre pay sim. You want to see good 3G signal if you use data at all. Most networks give them for free (except vodafone who charge 10 euro but it comes with 10 euro credit).

That said Im currently with Three where I brought my phone from O2. Im not on contract but for 30 euro per month on a 30 day sim only plan I get:

250mins any network and 200 sms (350 flex units 1 unit = 1 min ot 2 sms)
    3000mins 3 to 3 calls
    Free unlimited anytime landline calls (or other free option, check three.ie)
    All you can eat data (15gb fair usage)
    Free inclusive data/sms/calls while roaming in 7 countries including UK, Australia and Italy)

I think it's the best value out there at the minute (others no doubt will disagree)
    If you want to buy a phone or get a phone for free on contract (12/18 or 24month) the same plan costs 40 euro per month.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭pat13wx

cookie1977 wrote: »
    Personally I think callcosts.ie is very out of date.You're best off going to each networks site

Before moving to a network always test their signal where you live work and play with a pre pay sim. You want to see good 3G signal if you use data at all. Most networks give them for free (except vodafone who charge 10 euro but it comes with 10 euro credit).

That said Im currently with Three where I brought my phone from O2. Im not on contract but for 30 euro per month on a 30 day sim only plan I get:

250mins any network and 200 sms (350 flex units 1 unit = 1 min ot 2 sms)
    3000mins 3 to 3 calls
    Free unlimited anytime landline calls (or other free option, check three.ie)
    All you can eat data (15gb fair usage)
    Free inclusive data/sms/calls while roaming in 7 countries including UK, Australia and Italy)

I think it's the best value out there at the minute (others no doubt will disagree)
    If you want to buy a phone or get a phone for free on contract (12/18 or 24month) the same plan costs 40 euro per month.

That sounds a pretty amazing deal.

I am currently with Tesco PAYG but am considering changing to Three after reading your comments. With Tesco I pay 20 a month, and although they give you an extra 20 euros worth of credit the only free calls are to other Tesco mobiles. Mind you I do like their 1 Gig data deal for 6.99 a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

That definitely sounds better than Tesco, especially the "All You Can Eat Data". Mind you, the 1 Gig on my mobile phone is working for me at the moment, but then again if it's really "All You Can Eat Data" I could download tonnes of movie and stuff.

I am going to look more into this offer from Three. Thanks.

• Advertisement

I just checked out Three's website and that offer mentioned by Captain Morgan is still on. It really does seems about the best one out there. I mean, this "All You Can Eat Data" seems too good to be true but apparently it is :)

Plus the free texts to any network at any time :cool:

http://www.three.ie/products_services/priceplans/prepay/index.html

I notice the wording for the offer states, "Unlimited Internet Browsing." Does this mean the All You Can Eat Data advertised is restricted to simply Internet browsing and no downloads? If so it wouldn't suit me because I love to listen to Internet radio and streamed Podcasts from, for example, the States via Stitcher. The €6.99 1 Gig Data bundle from Tesco allows me to do this.

Thanks, that is a relief. Actually, the 15 Gig cap is more than enough for me because with Tesco I am getting away with just 1 Gig a month.

But by all accounts this is an amazing deal and one I am seriously considering, I just hope their rural coverage is OK, which I read it is.

Another thing against Tesco is there is no possibility yet to send texts from their website, I had to download and install a very useful Android app called Browser Texting, which works great but has restrictions and isn't always reliable, although it is getting better. I know with Three they have their own dedicated web texting service, as do the other main networks. But not Tesco.

• Advertisement

My phone is a Samsung Galaxy S2. Great phone.

Testing the coverage as you suggest is a good idea, so will try that before committing. I must admit Tesco's coverage is pretty amazing, never had any issues in that department.

Advertisement