Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

trek mountain bikes

• 19-08-2011 10:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

hi there guys, am both new to this site and to mountain biking so maybe this question has been asked before. My question is, i can buy a new trek 6500 i think it is for 950 euro, is this bike ok for trails like ballyhoura and the like and how does the price sound? I hope to get nearly half the price back on the bike to work, so dont mind spending a little extra to have some deacent. I went to one bike shop and he said spending around a grand on a bike they are nearly all the same spec at that price and its just the colour that makes the difference. Any help would be grateful.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

That bike will be fine for Ballyhoura or any of the other Coillte trails.
    Regards value, I'm not too sure, but a quick ring around a few stockists will give you an idea.
    The bike shop you spoke to is right about price/value, for hard tails in particular the frame won't be making a huge amount of difference, it's the drivetrain, brakes, forks etc that shows. All bikes in the same price ranges have roughly the same quality parts.
    Don't forget to budget for helmet, clothes, gloves, shoes, hydration, computer, spares, trail tools etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 wkdlegacy

okey dokey, thanks.

Advertisement