Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am I the only one who doesnt want my first choice?

• 19-08-2011 10:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

I just wanna see if theres anyone else out there like me, who, since the cao has closed has changed their mind and want a course thats lower down on their cao?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 479 ✭✭LittleMissLost

Me too! Mine was 540 last year and I got 535. Wasnt expecting half what I got, would love 1st choice course but I just can't go to Limerick (money reasons, well, boy reasons :cool:) Please God it will stay the same for the first round at least! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 28 cazhater

Me too! Mine was 540 last year and I got 535. Wasnt expecting half what I got, would love 1st choice course but I just can't go to Limerick (money reasons, well, boy reasons :cool:) Please God it will stay the same for the first round at least! :cool:
    If your going to refuse a course because of a boy your CRAZY!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 479 ✭✭LittleMissLost

cazhater wrote: »
    If your going to refuse a course because of a boy your CRAZY!!!!!

I know! :( If it was this time last year and someone said the same thing to me I would have told them to cop the feck on too :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭flyaway.

I think I now want my second choice slightly more than I want my first choice but I would be happy with either of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭MavisDavis

I'm sorry, but I just had to comment on this. Do not refuse an offer because of a boy. He might be the love of your life, but if it's meant to be it'll still work out if you go to Limerick.

Seriously. You're only going to get that offer once. Think it through.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

You're nuts. There are two scenarios here. Someone you used to go out with and no longer do and you don't want to run into them. Crazy. Colleges are big places, you won't see them all the time.

Scenario 2 (and probably the one you are in): you are going out with someone who is going to a different college or staying in your home town. You're still crazy. If the relationship is good enough it will last. If not it won't and it doesn't matter what college you are in. The number of my former students who wouldn't take their college offer for this very reason is ridiculous. There's at least one every year. It's always the girl who won't go. The boy always goes to college wherever he wanted to go in the first place. The relationship never lasts and is usually over by the end of September. The girl always wishes she took her place on the college course. Don't be that girl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

In relation to LittleMissLost.. Just be like Rose in the Titanic :P You have to let Jack go sometime.. :pac:

Advertisement