Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's what I saw today - Part II (Please read the rules before posting)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭Scortho

lol i didnt know you guys knew i was even from arklow :P

i work behind the electrical department customer service desk, hardcore stuff :)

that 166 belonged to a lithuanian security guard from the store, who then sold it to the polish butcher. its had a lot of work done to it, he spend thousands on reconditioning the engine/ full respray etc a few years ago. they are momo alloys he bought for it, ugly as they are.

what brought you to my neck of the woods?

This:D
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=85237721&postcount=6415

And no that aint no 3 cylinder polo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

lol i didnt know you guys knew i was even from arklow :P

i work behind the electrical department customer service desk, hardcore stuff :)

that 166 belonged to a lithuanian security guard from the store, who then sold it to the polish butcher. its had a lot of work done to it, he spend thousands on reconditioning the engine/ full respray etc a few years ago. they are momo alloys he bought for it, ugly as they are.

what brought you to my neck of the woods?

You did mention it before! :D It's the only Tesco I've been in that has a pharmacy :pac:

Possibly the reason for changing wheels is either preference or that the tyres are significantly cheaper to buy? Either way was a nice surprise to see one in the park! :)

We were in New Ross, I'll leave Scortho to chat about his exquisite purchase and that fantastic Integrale :cool:

dgt wrote: »
    You did mention it before! :D It's the only Tesco I've been in that has a pharmacy :pac:

Possibly the reason for changing wheels is either preference or that the tyres are significantly cheaper to buy? Either way was a nice surprise to see one in the park! :)

We were in New Ross, I'll leave Scortho to chat about his exquisite purchase and that fantastic Integrale :cool:

You can chat about that integrale.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

its a mc-whopper of a tesco alright, they are re-working it again shortly to be even bigger i believe. the pharmacy is outsourced though, just designed to look like it belongs to us.

fine looking alfa there alright, you guys are really starting to convert me to the scene! the v6 engine looks lovely, i can only imagine how it goes :)

did you go enniscorthy - clonroche - new ross or enniscorthy - wexford - new ross?

oblig picture of my car with the 166 in the background

2ag6grt.jpg

Scortho wrote: »
    You can chat about that integrale.

It left me speechless and with a huge want for one :cool:

• Advertisement

its a mc-whopper of a tesco alright, they are re-working it again shortly to be even bigger i believe. the pharmacy is outsourced though, just designed to look like it belongs to us.

fine looking alfa there alright, you guys are really starting to convert me to the scene! the v6 engine looks lovely, i can only imagine how it goes :)

did you go enniscorthy - clonroche - new ross or enniscorthy - wexford - new ross?

2ag6grt.jpg

Navan is getting shuffled about too, major refitting taking place.... Must be only a few stores getting reshuffled though :) the one in Newry has an opticians :pac:

She look well and goodness can she scream :eek: then just cruising around town, that lovely burble at low rpm's..... Just an experience in itself!

Yep Enniscorthy, Clonroche then just outside New Ross :)

I'm thinking more of the JDM scene as the days go by too..... ;)

2ag6grt.jpg

Nice.
    Went enniscorthy, clonroche.
    Guy I bought it off is between clonroche and New Ross.
    It sounds amazing. Has a cat back exhaust! Im dreading these penalty points that I'll start clocking up.
    Think I may start converting my dad away from his vag fondness.
    It left me speechless and with a huge want for one :cool:

The v6 in that bend with the m3 had me speechless.

thats a dirty road via clonroche but so much quicker than going via wexford. that'd be the route i take to college, crap enough of a rainy sunday night.

you couldn't hack JDM man it's too reliable,you'd have nothing to **** around with :P that said i'l be driving my own 1.1 Italian stallion from tomorrow for a day or two, should be good craic :)

i'd say the 156 went for pennies did it? is it tested or anything?

thats a dirty road via clonroche but so much quicker than going via wexford. that'd be the route i take to college, crap enough of a rainy sunday night.

you couldn't hack JDM man it's too reliable,you'd have nothing to **** around with :P that said i'l be driving my own 1.1 Italian stallion from tomorrow for a day or two, should be good craic :)

I wouldnt say pennies, but bangernomics territory all the same.
    Nct'd until next July.
    Headlights need to be realigned, only found that out tonight.
    Got a set of zender side skirts with it as well.
    Im happy. Its in great nick and handles brilliantly and sounds amazing.

Where the speed van parks is even dirtier.... :rolleyes:

Well I've survived this far with the 406.... Yeah, I'm actually implying that the 406 is reliable, never refused to start or die on me without a valid reason :eek: yet :pac: as for the Punto, it'll be roly-poly and rev happy! Beware rust can appear anywhere on it :eek: and if the timing belt snaps, meh, freewheeling engine ftw :) tis a 1.2 so 5 extra bhp over the 1.1 ;)

Full years test, fully serviced and maintained by an enthusiast.... A true bargain :cool:

• Advertisement

hope it all goes well for you with the 156 :) i'm somewhat jealous!

punto's a 1.2 is it? see, that's how disinterested i am in it, didn't even know what engine it had :) front wings are on their way out, radio doesn't work, but the soundtrack of that 40bhp il4 under the bonnet is enough for me.

hope it all goes well for you :) i'm somewhat jealous!

I think 166man is jealous! :D

I think 166man is jealous! :D

When I got home the first thing I did was start my 166 and realise it just doesn't sound as good..... :o The making of a pikey exhaust will be a future update for that car :pac:

When I got home the first thing I did was start my 166 and realise it just doesn't sound as good..... :o The making of a pikey exhaust will be a future update for that car :pac:

Ripping out the cat eh?

hope it all goes well for you with the 156 :) i'm somewhat jealous!

punto's a 1.2 is it? see, that's how disinterested i am in it, didn't even know what engine it had :) front wings are on their way out, radio doesn't work, but the soundtrack of that 40bhp il4 under the bonnet is enough for me.

58bhp, expect to go places in mediocre fashion at average speeds ;) it gets worse/better sounding eh :pac:

You have to try a 1.2 Corsa b someday to get the feel of a real sh*tbox in every possible way :p
    Ripping out the cat eh?

Nah the backbox, it's the wrong one anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭eirlink

photo5_zps6b3b83e0.jpg

photo4_zps1d245bb5.jpg

photo3_zps899c36b4.jpg

photo1_zps8ed64d59.jpg

photo2_zpsb736d0a4.jpg

photo4_zpsed4639ba.jpg

photo3_zps3fc693eb.jpg

photo2_zps4c364ecb.jpg

photo1_zps4f64e766.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

There's been a fairly new Mustang sitting outside Lambe O' Connor at Annesley Bridge all this week. Not bad looking but not good enough for a picture! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

There's loving yourself and there's this . .

Oh and this

For 166man.... :)
    IMG_0056.JPG

Perfect timing! :D
    IMG_0058.JPG
    IMG_0059.JPG

Also by pure chance.... The owner was on holidays, what a gent, he opened it up well taking off!!! :cool::cool::cool:
    IMG_0052.JPG
    IMG_0054.JPG
    IMG_0053.JPG

Just wow :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Spotted at Newlands cross sorry for the crappy phone pic.

Bentley_zpsdea050ec.jpg

Spotted at Newlands cross sorry for the crappy phone pic.

Bentley_zpsdea050ec.jpg

I honestly thought it was a Skoda Superb.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Dord wrote: »
    There's been a fairly new Mustang sitting outside Lambe O' Connor at Annesley Bridge all this week. Not bad looking but not good enough for a picture! :pac:

ec9UwYml.jpg?1

Really not my cup of tea.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭mb1725

Saab Ed wrote: »
    I honestly thought it was a Skoda Superb.

x2 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭homer90

Shelby GT500.......... with parking ticket :D

D566C02F-FD1E-4391-9D91-A74FB8499BED-8571-000009016752D39F_zps2fd79342.jpg

5840B48E-67BE-4513-BFDF-7B1BD855FC88-8571-0000090158A38433_zpsba9d386d.jpg

EFBBFEDD-05F4-47C1-8F33-E504A6AEA1D3-8571-00000901394C519F_zps12860df5.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭eirlink

photo5_zpsfbd9f229.jpg

photo4_zpsfc42a25d.jpg

photo3_zps7c7981b0.jpg

photo2_zps6d0b1775.jpg

photo1_zpsa76ad032.jpg

photo5_zpsf6637b05.jpg

photo4_zps522db046.jpg

photo3_zpsef9052d5.jpg

photo1_zps767c10d7.jpg

photo2_zps3cf7090f.jpg

What weird and wonderful stuff I saw today....
    IMG_0063.JPG
    IMG_0068.JPG
    IMG_0064.JPG

Series 1!
    IMG_0065.JPG
    IMG_0066.JPG

What in the name of flute is that Toyota? There was another orange one beside it...
    IMG_0067.JPG

WANT WANT WANT!!!! :D
    IMG_0069.JPG
    IMG_0070.JPG

As a bonus I saw this in the car park.... Registration started with BIG too :pac:
    Image777.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭Top Dog

What weird and wonderful stuff I saw todayWhat in the name of flute is that Toyota? There was another orange one beside it...
    IMG_0067.JPG
    The strange Toyota is an FJ Cruiser. Very popular in the USA and Australia ... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_FJ_Cruiser ;)

Some more random stuff from the holliers and a stop sign on an Indian Reservation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭Marcinek_55

Did anyone spot Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera and Ferrari 458 Spider outside Mansion House at Dawson Street in Dublin city centre ? There was also Aston Martin and Corvette i think ? I couldn't go :( I think it was yesterday or today :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement